PDA

View Full Version : Hi new here....Anyone from Dayton Ohio area??

tinkercat
04-26-2005, 06:11 PM
Hi
my name is vanessa i live in dayton ohio area. :lol: I am 26 years old been married 2 years this May....no kids and i have been a knitter and crocher now for 2 years. I Love to knit!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crocheting is for baby blankets and afghans. I knit hats, scarves, socks, all kinds of goodies, but have so much to learn. :XX: :frog: :X: :zzz: lol Those little faces there are so me! I think i do ok then mess up then i do ok then fall asleep lol. Anyways If there is anyone near me I would love to meet you.....I have NO knitters near me, and i want to find someone to knit with at times. I am going to go work on my sock i am working on....hope to hear from someone.

Vanessa

KellyK
04-26-2005, 08:35 PM
Welcome Vanessa!

How close is Dayton to Chicago? ;)

tinkercat
04-26-2005, 08:51 PM
I would say 5 hours away??? maybe lol i am 3 hours fron Toledo.....so I don't no lol.

:lol:

Jivewhistle
04-26-2005, 08:59 PM
Can't help you out...I'm in St. Louis now. But I just wanted to say I used to live in Toledo up until almost 2 years ago. I went to UT and had quite a few friends from Dayton.

Good luck on finding some nearby knitters. I don't have any either..LOL.

KellyK
04-26-2005, 09:37 PM
You could hang out at your LYSs & look sad and forlorn... :(

Julie's KnitKnacks
1560 Hillside Drive
Dayton, OH 45432
+1 (937) 426 3580
Owner: Julie Esterlin

Yarn Basket
1994 Turnbull Rd.
Dayton, OH 45432
+1 (513) 259-6603

Dayton
Knittique, Inc.
937-222-3941

tinkercat
04-26-2005, 10:31 PM
I have three that are closer to me, but i can not leave my house. My husband is the only one working right now and money is TIGHT real TIGHT.....and i am looking for a job...maybe once i get on my feet i can hang out a my LYS lol.

Vanessa :XX:

Anne
04-26-2005, 10:32 PM
Welcome. I live in Michigan :( If i lived closer i would like to knit with you :XX:

I go to my LYS alot. Most of them are willing to help, however, i don't see anyone hanging around knitting other than the owner and her employees.

Often wondered if they would mind if knitters would be welcome to hang out :XX:

tinkercat
04-26-2005, 10:53 PM
;) Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!! I found a Gilde near me i am going to see if i can get 12.00 so i can join and meet once a month. I am the youngest there lol they are all 40 and over i like it though i learn A LOT!!!!! :thumbsup:

:XX:
Vanessa

rebecca
04-27-2005, 02:12 AM
hey ;) vanessa....knew u would :heart: it around here!!
welcome :cheering: :cheering:
:balloons:
have a :X: week

HyperCello
04-27-2005, 07:10 AM
Hi Vanessa. I think I'm the closest so far. I live about 1 1/2 hours away in Bellefontaine, OH. :D

tinkercat
04-27-2005, 09:06 AM
:shock: Man with gas prices so high, me not working, and stuck at home because no money to go lol I guess I am stuck in my match box home llol hee hee :roflhard: Oh well was woth a shot!!! What are you all working on?? I am doing my FIRST socks from the ankle down .... I do toe up all the time. So far it is kinda fun lol I am working on the heel today and i have to say i was affraid of the heel and toe....heel is ok....now the toe... i have no clue how to close the toe lol i have seen it on sites but i have to see it see it. :sunny: I will have to figure out how to show off my work here lol . I have a blog, photo album, and group i created....I have all kinds of goodies! Any who! Thank you thank you thank you for such a nice welcome. I came from the Kitter's Review and TRUST ME i like it here more.....YES rebecca I LOVE IT HERE lol By the way when i do CAPS it is because i am happy or excited.
Vanessa :X: :XY: :XX:

KellyK
04-27-2005, 09:24 AM
I will have to figure out how to show off my work here lol .
Well, there's the "Whatcha Knittin" thread (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=404&start=150) for things you have on the needles,

"Recently Finished Projects" (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=619&start=285) so you can receive lots of "That's Fabulouses" for the work you've completed

AND, finally,
You can start your own BLOG THREAD (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewforum.php?f=5) so we can get to know you better!

Have fun!

tinkercat
04-27-2005, 10:01 AM
I am going to play around on here and see what i can do lol Thank you!!!

:XX:
Vanessa