PDA

View Full Version : Spoiled by Denises!

mascarasnake
04-29-2005, 11:59 AM
So ever since I got my Denise set, I've been using them for nearly every project. Knitting with circulars even when flat is kind of nice--compact, less likely to slide off the needle in your bag, etc. So when the project I'm currently working on required me to switch to 11s, I took out my straights. My 11s are a lovely blue with a pinkish iridescence to them, and I take any opportunity to use them. Well, I found that I have gotten spoiled by Denises and that knitting with big honkin' straight needles feels like wielding two kielbasas around dental floss! How strange! Am I damaged? Will I never be able to use straight again? :?eyebrow:

rebecca
04-29-2005, 12:05 PM
:XX: ;) U can knit with your denises as straight needles, too!! u just put them together without attaching one needle to the next 7 @ the end of the cable u attach that circular thing. In order for my straights to always be the same length I ordered 1 more cable (the shortest) and now I have 2 cables of the same length...which will give me 2 straights of the same length....am i making any sense? I assure u, tho, if u bought the denise kit...u can use them for straight & circ knitting :thumbsup:

Silver
04-29-2005, 12:06 PM
Who cares! Denise needles ROCK! :)

I'm spoiled too. After I got mine, I sold nearly ALL of my other needles... everything but one set of straights (which I NEVER use) and my DPNs. I'm even gonna buy a second set of Denise's. :mrgreen:

mascarasnake
04-29-2005, 01:18 PM
Oh, I know that you can use them as straights, but I guess that's what I'm saying--I don't wanna! Circular all the way! So Spoiled by the smooth Denisey Goodness!

JessicaSant
04-29-2005, 01:49 PM
I just went out during lunch and bought a set of Denise Interchangeables. Most of the online stores had them around $46. -- My LYS sold it for $48 so I figured that was just fine for the instant gratification of getting them and not having a delivery charge.

I'm looking forward to my first project with them -- that I'll start tonight!

Lindsey H
04-29-2005, 02:22 PM
Now I am more impatient than ever. I have to wait until next week!!!!! Dh is getting for me for my b-day. Actually, my b-day is not until the following week but I am going to buy them when I go see my mom next week.