PDA

View Full Version : Off topic, about the "time" showing of posts...

Rennagayle
05-05-2005, 09:55 AM
The time showing of when posts have been made is waaaaaay off for me. Any hints as to why, or is there some setting somewhere here that I need to change in my profile? :??

ekgheiy
05-05-2005, 10:03 AM
The time showing of when posts have been made is waaaaaay off for me. Any hints as to why, or is there some setting somewhere here that I need to change in my profile? :??

Yep ... you can try changing the "Timezone" option in the your profile. It's just above the avator options. Mine is at GMT -4 hours. I think yours should be at GMT - 5 :??

Good Luck ...

Nuno930
05-05-2005, 10:05 AM

Yep ... you can try changing the "Timezone" option in the your profile. It's just above the avator options. Mine is at GMT -4 hours. I think yours should be at GMT - 5 :??

Good Luck ...

Yeah that! CST is -5 hours

Rennagayle
05-05-2005, 10:06 AM
All the options given are for GMT+ x number of hours. What does that mean, exactly? :?? I am on central time, and my setting is currently at "GMT+1 hour".

Rennagayle
05-05-2005, 10:09 AM
Nik, you posted about the same time as I did, hence my question after. I'll go change it to that, but I am still confused as to how you come up with that number (the minus 5)? :??

ekgheiy
05-05-2005, 10:10 AM
All the options given are for GMT+ x number of hours. What does that mean, exactly? :?? I am on central time, and my setting is currently at "GMT+1 hour".

I'm sorry, I don't know what GMT means. :oops:

But I just changed mine to - 4 hours and that corrected the display times. You are in Texas right? You are one hour behind me, so I'm thinking you should set your option to - 5 ...

Try it and see ... :D

Nuno930
05-05-2005, 10:11 AM
GMT = Greenwich Mean Time (is that what you were wondering?)

can you scroll up on the side to the negative times? The negative times are listed to the top and the postitive ones are on the bottom of the scroll bar.

Rennagayle
05-05-2005, 10:12 AM
Okay, I changed it, and now all is right with the world......well, with my profile, anyway. :thumbsup:

Thank you so much! Thanks to everyone who responded! :mrgreen:

Rennagayle
05-05-2005, 10:14 AM
GMT = Greenwich Mean Time

I have never heard of that before! :shock: I had just assumed it meant "Greater Mountain Time", so when I first registered, I chose the GMT+1 hour, since I'm one hour ahead of mountainer's. :doh:

Nuno930
05-05-2005, 10:18 AM
It is the standard time so everyother time zone is + or - it. ;) There is your fact for the day

EDIT - oh and it doesn't have a daylight savings so when that comes around again you have to adjust,

Rennagayle
05-05-2005, 10:25 AM
Thanks, Nik. I feel dumb that I didn't know that :blush: , but smart that I learned something new today. :mrgreen:

brendajos
05-05-2005, 10:27 AM
yup and if you can do the math you will always know what time it is in England as that is where this particular Greenwich is.

Rennagayle
05-05-2005, 10:33 AM
Up to this point, I've done good to just know what time it is throughout the states. :shock: When my dd left for Germany last December, I had to get used to counting forward 7 hours so I'd know what time it is for her, as I don't think she'd want me calling her up for a chat at 4 in the morning. :mrgreen:

Silver
05-05-2005, 10:39 AM
EDIT - oh and it doesn't have a daylight savings so when that comes around again you have to adjust,
Yeah, and just to confuse the rest of us, Greenwich time doesn't change for daylight savings... ever. :??