PDA

View Full Version : PINCH ME!!!!!!!!!

Yvonne
05-05-2005, 02:11 PM
I had to come here and tell all of you my good news! About a month ago I submitted eight pattern designs to a major yarn company ( which will remain nameless for now, though all of you have bought their yarn, I'm sure). Ever since, I've been checking the answering machine and mailbox obsessively.
Today my machine was blinking and it was them. They are buying four of my designs! Three are still undecided, one was not accepted. So now the plan is they send me the yarns they want these projects completed in, I send them back, and I get paid. The money is not much, but what an ego boost!
When all is said and done I'll tell you what they are and who they are for. I guess until the thing is published you can't really talk about it in detail, which makes sense.
So how cool is this? I feel........validated.
Plus, this is excellent ammunition for justifying my yarn addiction. :happydance:

Sara
05-05-2005, 02:14 PM
Congratulations! :cheering:

kemp
05-05-2005, 02:18 PM
awesome! Can't wait to see the patterns and hear who bought them! :cheering:

KNITBIT
05-05-2005, 02:19 PM
OMG that is SOOO cool!!!!!!!!!!! :cheering:
Congrats! :thumbsup:

KNITBIT :XX:

brookenic
05-05-2005, 02:22 PM
Very nice :thumbsup:

Egeria
05-05-2005, 02:26 PM
That's just so great! When they are printed can I send you one and get an autograph!!!

Yvonne
05-05-2005, 02:30 PM
LOL, thanks for the good feedback everybody. I don't know yet in what format they'll be published, whether a leaflet, website, pattern book or what. Will have to wait and see I guess.
Now I can obsessively stalk the mailman or UPS man or whoever brings the box of yarn!
My DH said, "What are you going to do with the money?"

Oh, what a dumb question. :roflhard:

Rennagayle
05-05-2005, 03:16 PM
My DH said, "What are you going to do with the money?"

Nyuk, nyu, nyuk. :rofling:

Wow, I feel like we have a celebrity in our midst. 8-) A BIG congratulations to you!!! :thumbsup: :balloons:

Julie
05-05-2005, 03:18 PM
Thank is sooo exciting!! Congratulations! :cheering:

feministmama
05-05-2005, 04:30 PM
I had to come here and tell all of you my good news! About a month ago I submitted eight pattern designs to a major yarn company ( which will remain nameless for now, though all of you have bought their yarn, I'm sure).

So you just submitted them or was there a call for submissions or what? Congrats :cheering: This sounds so thrilling.

Yvonne
05-05-2005, 04:40 PM
I just submitted them after writing and asking how one goes about doing that.

Joel
05-05-2005, 04:50 PM
Congrats!!!!

:balloons: :present: :notworthy:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
05-05-2005, 04:52 PM
WOW!!!!!

Congratulations! That is a huge accomplishment; we're proud of you!!!

ekgheiy
05-05-2005, 05:05 PM
I'm green with envy :mrgreen:

Congrats!! :thumbsup:

Yvonne
05-05-2005, 07:40 PM
At least the weeks of running around with a tape measure around my neck and countless sheets of paper strewn around with my scribblings, crossing-out and more scribbling are over for the time being.
It was worth it, though. :??
I really, really enjoy designing, as it turns out.

carollovesyarn
05-05-2005, 08:41 PM
Congrats! I can't wait to see them published! :cheering:

Carol

MaggieL
05-05-2005, 09:06 PM
Congrats! :thumbsup: Way to go! :cheering: :cheering: Awesome! :happydance:

I can't wait to see the patterns!!!!! :balloons:

gimmesanity
05-05-2005, 09:14 PM
HUGE congrats to you!!!

:thumbsup:

Yvonne
05-06-2005, 06:00 PM
Now I'm going to truly go nuts waiting for the yarn to arrive. I can hardly stand it!
I'll tell you this much: Some of the items will be knit with CASHMERE.
I can't wait to see it and touch it..... :inlove:

MaggieL
05-06-2005, 06:45 PM
CASHMERE???? I am jealous. :drooling:

Yvonne
05-06-2005, 07:05 PM
Well, I've never knit with cashmere in my life before. I'm pretty excited to be able to do it without actually buying it myself....

HeatherFeather
05-06-2005, 09:51 PM
How EXCITING!!!!! :) Congrats to you!!! I wanna be you when I grow up!!! hehehehe

Yvonne
05-11-2005, 07:21 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

The yarns have arrived, the yarns have arrived!!
Now to get to work on the projects!

JessicaSant
05-11-2005, 07:44 AM
so... assuming your patterns were for clothing -- did you have to submit patterns that covered the major sizes? (S, M, L) ?

Did you actually knit one of each size to make sure they worked out right? That's a lot of knitting!!

When you submit the patterns, did you suggest a price to be paid? or did they just offer you something?

Congrats! That's an awesome accomplishment!

KellyK
05-11-2005, 07:48 AM
did you have to submit patterns that covered the major sizes? (S, M, L) ?

Let's not forget XL and XXL! On behalf of women everywhere with "a little more to love"... :inlove:

Yvonne
05-11-2005, 08:03 AM
In this case, things in different sizes would be knit if requested by them in whichever sizes they requested, but the pattern would have to be written such that it would cover the different sizes.

I did not set the price, they did.

Basically, the design is submitted and if accepted, they tell you what yarn they want it made up in, how many, what colors, etc. For instance, with the four designs of mine, I will be making actually six items because two of them will be done twice, in different colorways.
Oh dear, I have to put that box of yarn right out of sight so I can concentrate on working all day (home office) and not let myself touch it! :inlove:

amy
05-11-2005, 09:41 PM
Wow, Yvonne, congratulations! What a huge accomplishment! Not just one pattern, but FOUR (and possibly more)! You must be an excellent designer to have half or more of your submissions accepted like that!! Way to go!!

:balloons: