PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Aby
05-05-2005, 05:25 PM
Hello people. I just found this site a few days ago and WOW!.. was I impressed. I emailed Amy to tell her how helpful her videos were for me and I'll say it again, here. You are an awesome teacher, Amy.

Anyway, I think I might stick around, if you guys don't mind having another knitter in your midst.

VictoiseC
05-05-2005, 05:32 PM
Hi Aby! Florida hmmmm? Whereabouts? Yup, I have learned so much here I'm happpppppy happpppy. Just turned a heel on my second pair of socks and it was so much fun. like magic

ekgheiy
05-05-2005, 05:34 PM
Hello people. I just found this site a few days ago and WOW!.. was I impressed. I emailed Amy to tell her how helpful her videos were for me and I'll say it again, here. You are an awesome teacher, Amy.

Anyway, I think I might stick around, if you guys don't mind having another knitter in your midst.

HI!
:waving: :waving:

Nuno930
05-05-2005, 05:47 PM
Well hello there! Welcome, I hope you do stick around. :thumbsup:

kemp
05-05-2005, 05:54 PM
Everyone is so nice and the site is awesome! Hope you enjoy.

Aby
05-05-2005, 06:03 PM
My husband and I live about 45 minutes north of Tampa, Victoise. We are about 5 miles from the Gulf Coast.

And thanks for the greetings, everyone. I've been knitting small swatches of stuff that the videos have taught me. I feel pretty confident that I can add them all into my next few projects.

So far, I have knitted a very thick and beautiful white scarf for my mother-in-law, using Bernat baby soft yarn for the body and Patons Cha Cha yarn for the ends and fringe..

I've also knitted a scarf/boa for my daughter, made with Bernat boa yarn.. peacock color and a make-up bag and that's about it. I'm getting very tired of knitting rectangles, so this next project, I'm making a long sleeved shrug/jacket for my daughter.

Silver
05-05-2005, 06:23 PM
Welcome Aby! This is a great forum.. you'll love it. :)

I'm another Floridian (north east coast).. so the two of us can talk about knitting with cotton. LOL

Aby
05-06-2005, 05:17 AM
You know, I actually did look through this forum for an introduction thread.. I must be going blind because I totally did not see it, and well... there it is. lol sorry :doh:

Norman
05-06-2005, 07:07 AM
here ya go.. it's one of the stickys.. :)

http://knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3

WELCOME :)

Yvonne
05-06-2005, 09:33 AM
Welcome here, from another fellow Floridian. I'm on the Gulf Coast too, about 30 miles south of Sarasota.