PDA

View Full Version : OT - I'm 40 today!

gardenia
05-05-2005, 05:59 PM
Yes, Cinco De Mayo is my birthday! Forty just doesn't sound right, folks. I treated myself to a day at a spa (facial, massage, manicure & pedicure). It was grand.

Did I mention how forty doesn't seem right? :shock:

Aby
05-05-2005, 06:04 PM
Happy Birthday. :balloons:

Nuno930
Happy Birthday! It soulds like you had a great day so far!!

Silver
Happy Birthday!!!
http://www.diegotorres.com.ar/mensajeitor/foro/caritas/torta.gif
http://www.diegotorres.com.ar/mensajeitor/foro/caritas/cc12.gif
If 40 doesn't seem right, just say you're Twenty Twenty. :lol:

kemp
05-05-2005, 06:07 PM
Happy birthday! My DH and I have this discussion quite often...like you're still 18 in your head but the number on paper is just, well, wrong!!!

Sara
05-05-2005, 06:16 PM
Happy birthday! Many happy returns of the day!

KellyK
05-05-2005, 06:44 PM
OHHHH HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GARD!!!!! :balloons:

My coworker told me that when I turn 40 (apparently at midnight on the dot!) that I wont care what people think of me anymore...is this TRUE?? :mrgreen:

Yvonne
05-05-2005, 06:51 PM
Happy Birthday! I turned 40 last August; come on in, the water's great.
Yes, Kelly, you don't care what people think after you're 40. I think that's the age you grow up. :D

rebecca
05-05-2005, 07:11 PM
:balloons: :balloons: :present: :present: :balloons: :present: :balloons: HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, MY FRIEND!!!!
40 is the new 30...no, excuse me....I believe I've heard people say that 50 is the new 30.....so YOU are much younger than u thought!!

Gardenia, you are a very blessed, young woman, to have the privilege to tell people that u r forty!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:
Did that work?...I really meant it, I did and I do, I really believe it, today......but crap like that didn't sound right when my friends said it when I turned 40! I'm 46 now...and 1/2 the time I can't remember how old I am...lol....just messing with ya!! So...last nite, in the wee hours of the morning, in the dark of night...did your 'friends' come & decorate your yard like a graveyard & put up signs about u being old as dirt & 40 and what not?...then start beeping the horn to wake you and the neighbors up?!...Mine did...so just think...u got off lightly....lol..lolLOL :roflhard: :roflhard: my friends didn't do all that stuff 'last nite'...they did it the nite before my 40th bday...what did i tell ya...i'm just nutz!

You are a blessed and BEAUTIFUL WOMAN!!

40 is but a state of mind!!...the BEST OF YOU is yet to come!!

carollovesyarn
05-05-2005, 08:49 PM
HB! Welcome to the club. :happydance:

gimmesanity
05-05-2005, 09:16 PM
Happy birthday!! :present:

Hmm, maybe the knitting fairy will visit for your bday and leave lots o' knitty gifts?? ;)

~Sharon

Jivewhistle
05-05-2005, 09:53 PM
Happy Birthday!!!! :balloons: :balloons:

Tell us what kind of cool gifts you got :D

My BF's birthday was yesterday too...he turned 29.

gardenia
05-05-2005, 11:21 PM
Wow! Thanks everyone! You all are awesome. No, my friends didn't decorate my house and beep horns. Whew, I don't know if I could have handled it! That's funny, Rebecca. Did your friends really do that??

The "spa day" was a gift to myself, and as I said, a great way to spend the day. I think JiveWhistle asked about gifts: I got a big, pretty flower arrangement from an admirer. :eyebrow: Dear friend sent a $50 Amazon gift certificate -- imagine all the knitting books I can buy! I think my parents have the Vogue Ultimate Knitting book waiting for me at their house (the big fat one). Oh, and my swift arrived yesterday; another gift to myself. Best of all, my friend had a baby today. :D

To answer Kelly's question, I don't know if you stop caring what people think of you at 40. I think that does happen over time, probably slowly, though. I still care, but definitely not as much as when I was younger.

In case anyone is wondering why I'm at home tonight, I had plans to meet a friend for drinks but I was so relaxed after the spa day, I decided to stay in and relax. OK, I fell asleep!

Thanks so much for all the good wishes. You all are the best! :cheering:

beldaraan
05-06-2005, 01:11 AM
Happy birthday gardenia! I still have 51 minutes to make my post. Glad I didn't miss it. It's still the 5th here!

Hey Silver, I thought those birthday presents were going to be links to some surprise gifts :mrgreen:

gardenia, it's too bad it's my bedtime now, otherwise I'd set you up with some great "surprises" :heart:

Glad to hear you had a great b-day!

Rennagayle
05-06-2005, 11:58 AM
Gardenia, I hope you had a superbly wonderful HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Going along with what Kelly asked, I've found that each year after I turned 40 (50 will be my next one), I've cared less and less what others think of me. It isn't that I care less about others, but I no longer need their approval to be happy with me the way I did when I was younger. If I know I'm being the best God created me to be (or at least trying!), that's enough for me. Boy, does that take a load of pressure off of your life! :thumbsup:

rebecca
05-06-2005, 12:35 PM
:cheering: :cheering: here, here, rennagayle (my next is 47) and no truer words were ever spoken....a wise woman u are, indeed....listen to her, girls....she spoke wisdom!!!
Gardenia...sounds as if you had a wonderful bday...YAY for you :sunny:
I bet that you have FUN at Amazon!!
FYI...yes, my friends did that to me (of course, I had done it to them before, actually got the ball rolling on different ones here & there....my goodness, my sister's [10 yrs older than I] yard was actually decorated like a cemetery, R.I.P. all up & down her route to work; black wreath on her door; black streamers thrown thru out her trees...like when u roll with tp; signs like 'lordy, lordy carolyn's 40' all along her route to work...then i had someone decorate her place of employeement)....sooo...u might say I had it coming...lol....i'm going on vacation when i turn 50...lol...no telling what will be done if i don't!!
your bird looks EXACTLY like my Ruffles did (died last year) and he was the SWEETEST pet that I have ever had & spoke quite well...very intelligent!!
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:
I'm so HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY that you had a great day!

VictoiseC
05-06-2005, 06:21 PM
40 is the old age of youth,
50 is the youth of old age.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

beldaraan
05-07-2005, 12:27 AM
So when do you "start" caring what people think about you? I don't care now and I'm not 30 yet! :P

Hildegard_von_Knittin
05-07-2005, 12:48 AM
yay! i wasn't paying attention!!!! Happy birthday!!! :balloons: