PDA

View Full Version : I NEED to start knitting...

Silver
05-09-2005, 07:01 PM
BABY LAYETTES!!

My sister in law is carrying their 3rd.
My brother in law is expecting his first.
And my best friend just found out today that he's expecting his first. This after nearly 2 years of trying, and countless appointments with a fertility doctor.

I'm so happy! :cheering: :cheering:

This means.. I need to stop working on my afghan.. my cashmere scarf.. and my cotton raglan. I must do baby stuff.

Good thing.. I LOVE knitting baby stuff. :heart:

KellyK
05-09-2005, 07:05 PM
WELL, GET GOIN, GIRLY GIRL!!! WHADDAYA THINK WE'RE WAITIN FOR, GROUNDHOG'S DAY???!!!

THERE'S COLD BABIES OUT THERE DEPENDIN ON YOU!!!!

LEMME HEAR YOUR KNITTING CRY!!!!

:mad: BOOOO-YAAAAAAAA! :mad:

Silver
05-09-2005, 07:07 PM
I have to find a PATTERN.. I'm up to my eyes in knitting mags.. HAAAALP!!!

KellyK
05-09-2005, 07:14 PM
http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory/baby_clothing.php

Silver
05-09-2005, 07:15 PM
{{{{KELLY}}}} :cheering:
http://img217.exs.cx/img217/5036/pophugbyzappe1ak.gif

KellyK
05-09-2005, 07:29 PM
OW! You made my head explode! :doh:

Silver
05-09-2005, 07:39 PM
Now there's more bits of you to love.

Eww.. that's kinda gross. :shock:

Joel
05-09-2005, 07:55 PM
Now there's more bits of you to love.

Eww.. that's kinda gross. :shock:

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Jivewhistle
05-09-2005, 07:59 PM
I'm with you Silver! I just found out my cousin is pregnant with baby #2 and will be due in late November. I have never knitted anything baby related, so it should be interesting :D

KellyK
05-09-2005, 08:02 PM
AWWWWWWWWWW, SILVERRRRRRRRRRRR!

THANKS for lovin my BITS! :heart:

rebecca
05-10-2005, 01:00 AM
Silver, I'm so sorry that u have to put away all of your nice things (especially that afghan bc, girl...that thing is just beyond words...i :heart: it!)....BUT....that just proves that u r the bestest friend to those that u :heart: and that is very, very nice & sweet & something they will always remember.
gosh, kelly...that baby site had some stuff that is tooo cute!!
jive...looks like u get to be knitting for the tinies, too.
i've been knitting for almost a year and have never done anything for babies (i'm doing 2 summer dresses for my granddaughter but she will be 2 in june)....so...i have questions about knitting baby stuff...what do u knit?...what size do u knit?...i mean, it's special (as all things are that r knitted for friends & family, right?) I'm just curious bc they grow so fast!! it's like they begin like those itty bitty weeds to (before u know it!!!) grow like :shock: SEYMOUR 2 :shock: in little shop of horrors...and at about that speed of growth...so i was curious as to the sizing for knitting for the newborn...
report please

Norman
05-10-2005, 07:17 AM
KellyK.. Thanks a bunch.. my sister just told me she was carrying her thrid.. so after I get this project done.. I should probably start on something for her.. don't know the sex yet.. :)

KellyK
05-10-2005, 07:29 AM
No prob, Dave...I think EVERYONE should keep www.knittingpatterncentral.com bookmarked. There are SO many free patterns of ALL types there. Whenever someone here asks for ANYTHING, chances are Ill find it for them there!

And, CONGRATULATIONS, Uncle Dave!

Sara
05-10-2005, 10:51 AM
I have four babies on the way. Not from me! Three other mothers, thank heavens. I'm going to make the little white sweater in the current edition of Interweave Knits for each of them. One with pink ribbon, one with blue, and two with white or yellow cause we don't know what they are yet.

Silver
05-10-2005, 10:55 AM
I've decided on one... The Baby Norgi (http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEspring03/PATTbabynorgi.html) pullover from Knitty.com.

This will be for my SIL's 3rd baby.. due in 2 months. They live in Quebec. Tell me this isn't perfect for a little Canadian baby?? :)

Nuno930
05-10-2005, 10:57 AM
KellyK.. Thanks a bunch.. my sister just told me she was carrying her thrid.. so after I get this project done.. I should probably start on something for her.. don't know the sex yet.. :)

I highly highly suggest the Ugg booties! I did this as my first pattern and something other than a scarf project! They are easy enough for a beginner, and look complicated and so cute for that "OoOOoOO WOW" factor! Plus they are gender neutral so you can start them now! :thumbsup:

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/na_knitting/article/0,2025,DIY_14141_3148516,00.html

Norman
05-10-2005, 11:07 AM
That sweater from Knitty is awesome.. I wouldn't even attempt it.. I'm still leary about doing anything where you have to change colors :)