PDA

View Full Version : Pool Coverup

HeatherFeather
05-10-2005, 02:32 PM
I'd like to make a meshy pool "cover up"...along the same lines as the tank and cotton....do you all think it would be good for a cover up? I am thinking just a REALLY big tank top...A line dress kind of thing? My favorite pattern is the feather and fan....But don't want to get TOOO terribly fancy with it either..ya know...

rebecca
05-10-2005, 02:47 PM
girl....u r going to knit a cover up for your pool?!
WOW on you!! That's some kind of ambition. And I'm still trying to talk my daughter out of wanting me to do her a duvet top (and then we sew the rest together for a duvet cover) and u r gonna do this!!! Now I feel bad :( and am going to have to tell my daughter when she calls me tonite that we can do a duvet (it will take forever)...because...u, girl have given me what we all call INSPIRATION!!

HeatherFeather
05-10-2005, 02:52 PM
for ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol.....thanks for the giggle.....I do try to be oh so clear, but in my excitement....ACK....lol...

Yvonne
05-10-2005, 04:05 PM
LOL, Rebecca. She's not making a pool COVER, just a top to wear over her bathing suit WHILE she's at the pool. :roflhard:

HeatherFeather
05-10-2005, 04:09 PM
sooooooo, now that we have THAT out of the way....ideas???? :)

Aby
05-10-2005, 04:31 PM
Don't feel bad, Rebecca.. In high school English class, oh so long ago, I had to read aloud from some book, for the class.. and I kept pronouncing polo ponies as poloponies.. which sounded like this ... puhlapa-knees. The entire class laughed at me, including the teacher. :oops:

And we wont mention the time where in Biology, while filling out some questionnaire.. I wrote the word "no" next to sex____. :doh:

oh and here is one pattern.. although there aren't any pics.

http://www.skacelknitting.com/body_lacey_cover-up.html

Mer
05-10-2005, 04:35 PM
HeatherFeather, I know I just saw some patterns like that somewhere...ah! Family circle:

http://www.fceasyknitting.com/magazine/preview.html

Go down to the Shore Things section.

So I think your idea of doing a long open tank would work just fine!

Silver
05-10-2005, 05:04 PM
Well when I first read the title, that's what I thought too... Knitting a cover for you pool?? :shock:

heehee! :roflhard:

ekgheiy
05-10-2005, 05:18 PM
Well when I first read the title, that's what I thought too... Knitting a cover for you pool?? :shock:

heehee! :roflhard:

Dude, I once read an article about a child who knit HIMself a tree house!!! Granted you could walk around in/on it, but you could certainly get around and lounge in/on it!! So kewl!

HeatherFeather
05-10-2005, 11:15 PM
i "think" I can visualize that lacy coverup...i'll have to experiment with it...oh..did I say I didn't want it complicated...baaahaaa....nevermind me!!!

rebecca
05-11-2005, 01:10 AM
:blush: :blush: :blush: :oops: :oops: :blush: :oops: :doh: :doh:
Okay, I officially feel like the biggest IDIOT :roflhard: :rofling: :roflhard: :rofling: in the WORLD!!!! lol
It's 1a.m., my husband has to get up at 5:45 & I'm about to wake him up bc I'm howling :D :D :roflhard: :rofling: with laughter!!!
And Silver...thanks for your visualization....you are a REAL WOMAN to be able to admit that...thank you forever.
I must say... :cheering: :cheering: I was quite impressed about all that knitting and I was quite curious how u were gonna come up with the pattern, the yarn u were going to use, perhaps twine, I was really quite curious...much more mystified...but who am i to ask...to each his/her own... :roflhard: :roflhard: This really is one for the books, I admit...don't really see living this down any time soon, either!!
Oh...yeah...I was just trying :--- to see if :--- u guys would fall :--- for my little joke :--- yeah....that's what it was.... :--- !!
Sometimes I just amaze myself...u know what...it would NOT surprise my husband even a little bit...I'll tell him tomorrow, he will just grin and shake his head the way he does when I'm really goody...kinda like now... :roflhard: :roflhard:

hedgehog
05-11-2005, 08:33 AM

I had that same thought... I was hoping it was for a Barbie-sized pool.. :rofling:

D'oh!!

-hh

DotMom61
05-11-2005, 09:54 AM
Dude, I once read an article about a child who knit HIMself a tree house!!! Granted you could walk around in/on it, but you could certainly get around and lounge in/on it!! So kewl!

I saw that, too! Here (http://www.catbordhi.com/downloads/treehouse_knitting.pdf) (*pdf) it is! It's on Cat Bordhi's web site -- shes' the one with the books I want: Second Treasury of Magical Knitting.

_____
The Mod Squad was here.
*Courtesy note for those who experience problems with opening pdf documents. :thumbsup:

kemp
05-12-2005, 12:25 PM
I'd like to make a meshy pool "cover up"...along the same lines as the tank and cotton....do you all think it would be good for a cover up? I am thinking just a REALLY big tank top...A line dress kind of thing? My favorite pattern is the feather and fan....But don't want to get TOOO terribly fancy with it either..ya know...

Thought of your post when I saw this...you could make it longer http://secure.elann.com/ShowFreePattern.asp?Id=71024

HeatherFeather
05-13-2005, 09:22 AM
oh my gosh kemp...that is BEAUTIFUL...much much too terribly nice for the chlorine.....i am going to bookmark that tho....beeeutiful!!! :thumbsup:

kemp
05-13-2005, 09:44 AM
Guess that is true...that much work :XX: should be for something that won't get trashed so easily.

I was just looking at your web page pictures...LOOOOOVE your felted bags!!!

Holly
05-13-2005, 10:41 AM
:roflhard: This thread has really given me a good laugh this AM! The pool cover misunderstanding was good, but reading the instructions for knitting onto a tree really took the cake!! :rofling: I pictured myself hanging from a tree in the backyard with my homemade, gigantic knitting needles!!!

Holly

HeatherFeather
05-13-2005, 03:05 PM
THANKS!!! It was my first trip into felting...:) I made the last one in about 4 hours, sans felting. DH grabbed all that was in the washer and put it in the dryer, uhh...one of my bags was in there, so it is a smidge smaller than I would have liked, but it's OK. :)

the pattern is from www.masondixonknits.com I think....something like that. a VERY Fun blog.

feministmama
05-13-2005, 04:27 PM
OK I'm another one that thought she was talking about a cover for her pool. :rollseyes: Love that page about knitting a treehouse. That its too cool :thumbsup:

HeatherFeather
05-13-2005, 04:38 PM
OK I'm another one that thought she was talking about a cover for her pool. :rollseyes: Love that page about knitting a treehouse. That its too cool :thumbsup:

but didn't you see...tank....a line dress?????? :) :) :)

amy
05-15-2005, 10:37 AM
Me too! My first thought was...."a knit pool cover?! I must be reading this wrong." I figured it out when she was talking about the style. LOL.

VictoiseC
05-15-2005, 02:06 PM
Hi Heather (& all)

I was just thinking after knitting my big string bag with the cotton that it might not be that nice to sit on if you know what I mean?
For a tank top it's ok but if it's just between you and the chair or whatever it might hurt if it's a thick tough cotton. Am I being silly?
Well, I'd make sure it feels soft enough to sit on... for my tender bottom. ;)

KellyK
05-15-2005, 02:55 PM
I was just thinking after knitting my big string bag with the cotton that it might not be that nice to sit on if you know what I mean?

:roflhard: WAFFLE BUTT!!!!! :roflhard:

HeatherFeather
05-15-2005, 05:42 PM
Well, I'd make sure it feels soft enough to sit on... for my tender bottom.

is there a smilieeeee for wiping off the computer screen of the soda I just spit on it??????????????????????????

However, this is a VERY VERY VERY good point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no waffle butts here...gosh this is really going downhill FAST.....

SOOOO...ok the cotton's out...what else??? hmmm...me thinks a trippy to walmart to get the one that looks COMFY might be in order???

KellyK
05-15-2005, 06:17 PM
Well, what about a mercerized cotton? Like Knitpicks Shine? Not as "stiff" as the stuff Vic made her bag out of.....VERY soft, actually.

amy
05-15-2005, 09:18 PM
is there a smilieeeee for wiping off the computer screen of the soda I just spit on it??????????????????????????

Here's (http://www.clean-your-screen-for-free-now.com/anim2.swf) a screen cleaner for you Heather.:thumbsup:

:roflhard:

VictoiseC
05-16-2005, 11:23 AM
THAT is toooooooo much...... the screen cleaner.

Whoa. What next.

ekgheiy
05-16-2005, 11:49 AM
Here's (http://www.clean-your-screen-for-free-now.com/anim2.swf) a screen cleaner for you Heather.:thumbsup:

:rofling: :rofling:
:roflhard: :roflhard:

Joel
05-16-2005, 06:56 PM

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Dang am i glad my cubemates arent here to see me laughing like this....

amy
05-16-2005, 09:36 PM
I love it. Wish I could make it my screensaver. :D

HeatherFeather
05-18-2005, 10:25 PM
YEAHHHH My screen is ALL clean now!!! :heart: :happydance: :heart: :happydance: :heart:

rebecca
05-21-2005, 08:23 AM
:heart: :heart: :heart: the screen cleaner...and guess what...i didn't think it was a real cat!
Today was the 1st day i had the nerve to look on this thread bc of my :oops: absolute uttter embarrassment...lol :roflhard: but it was very funny and i applaud :cheering: :cheering: those of you that were willing to say that you 'thought' the same thing about the pool cover...i am also here to applaud :cheering: :cheering: u all that u didn't comment on it like i did...lol...foot...into mouth...it's hard to walk that way, but it's my way of life ;)
have a :XX: :XY: weekend