PDA

View Full Version : 1st Real Project :: PotHolder

Norman
05-10-2005, 09:47 PM
Wulp.. hello everyone.. I've been keeping a rambling run on my project here on my blog.. but I thought I Would share my piece 1 of 4 on this little sucker..

I have to make another one of these yet.. I'm just about to go cast on the beginning stiches.. :)

Anyway here is piece one.. I'll show you the whole thing when it's finished hopefully this weekend..

Dave

KellyK
05-10-2005, 10:05 PM
AWESOME!!!!! And, look at YOU with your fancy-schmancy decreases and so on!! :cheering:

Norman
05-10-2005, 10:10 PM
yeah acutally had to come here to make sure I was doing them right..

Pretty easy Dec.. K2TOG at the beginning, then at the last 2 stiches.. Slip as to Knit, Knit, PSSO..

Pretty simple now that I've done it.. course my bind off are still WAY tight..

Nuno930
05-10-2005, 10:14 PM
Go Norman, it's your birthday! :cheering:

PS when I read your post I "hear" your voice as Norman Bates as his mother (catch all that) That is kind of creepy.

HeatherFeather
05-10-2005, 10:55 PM
.. course my bind off are still WAY tight..

MINE TOO MINE TOO MINE TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a friend showed me a different way.

K2
K those on the right needle together
K1 (you will have 2 stitches again on the right needle) and k those 2 Tog. It is a much much looser BO.

I "shrunk" the opening to a hood on a sweater, basically ruined the dumb thing doing the "normal" BO. I have used this other BO with MUCH success!!!

I just can NOT get it loose no matter how hard I try.

brookenic
05-10-2005, 11:10 PM
That looks great. Keep it up. :thumbsup:

PurlyGyrl
05-12-2005, 01:55 PM
Great Job, Norman! :thumbsup: I, too, used to bind off TOO tightly--everything had a curled edge. Then I tried binding off with a larger needle (I find that a needle 2 sizes larger than the needle I used on the pattern works best--YES, I knit that tightly :rollseyes:, but I'm getting better with the tension thing.) It works like a charm--nice flat edge.

Happy Knitting
Purly
a/k/a Denise

Silver
05-12-2005, 02:50 PM
http://img75.exs.cx/img75/9009/n4pclapping.gif
Nice job!!