View Full Version : Knitty Gritty

Lindsey H
05-20-2005, 09:17 AM
What is it?????

_____
The Mod Squad was here :thumbsup:

brendajos
05-20-2005, 09:24 AM
it is a show on the DIY network. you can find some videos from it on their website

edited to remove the website that sounds like it might be of the adult type nature....but apparently isn't according to Dave...but do you really trust him? :thinking:

Norman
05-20-2005, 09:30 AM
yeah the last episode I recorded (Tivo records, so I don't know if they are new or not) was about intarsia .. and MAN I want to do that now!!! :)

Ohh and I thought I would add.. diy.com would probably take you to a place you don't want to go

http://diynet.com is the main page
and http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/shows_dkng/0,2044,DIY_18180,00.html

is the Knitty Gritty page.. :)

brendajos
05-20-2005, 10:43 AM
woops....now of course you know i wanna seeeee where it takes me...ya shoulda said that before i finally dragged my arse in to the office! ;) ...lol...sorry about wherever that takes you....in fact i better go edit that if it hasn't already been done...lol

Norman
05-20-2005, 10:52 AM
Well it's nothing adult.. :) But it's not what you were looking for..

Althought.. you know that oculd SOUND like a adult website.. do it yourself.. nice

It's just another HomeProject/DIY site.. but not DIY itself..
:)

:lol:

rebecca
05-20-2005, 09:37 PM
:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: WOW...I LOVE Knitty Gritty, we've been getting it here for a year, I have all of the shows recorded, but Amy's got them. if u go to the website there are often video on some of the shows...for ex.....socks...karen baumer was the guest and she just caused :figureditout: to happen for me & socks...it's worth looking around on it's website or...its space of diy's site....everyone should encourage amy to go on the show....she would be an EXCELLENT guest. they have done 2 seasons and I think she should be there for the 3rd and can advertise the site and show off all her expertise and she's just the type person that's on the show....she would be perfect! again...my 2 cents...i must always put them in, needed or not....gonna get em
have a great weekend all

Rennagayle
05-21-2005, 10:41 AM
So, Rebecca, are you suggesting we all bombard Knitty Gritty's producer's with e-mails suggesting they invite Amy to do a guest shot? ;)

Silver
05-21-2005, 11:56 AM
Did you know that our own Marnie HAS been on the show? She's on the 80's themed show.. next airing is May 25th! :thumbsup:

Rennagayle
05-21-2005, 12:04 PM
I missed that episode when it was aired before. Thanks for the reminder, Silver. :thumbsup:

rebecca
05-21-2005, 05:06 PM
Rennagayle...I think that's a great idea...after Amy looks over the tapes I sent her and decides if she would actually like to be a guest on the show, bc she would be great, just the type of person they seem to be looking for. BUT...WAIT...ask amy 1st :D

Rennagayle
05-25-2005, 04:06 PM
I finally got to see the episode with Marnie today! Is that Marnie a doll, or what?!? :mrgreen:

gimmesanity
05-25-2005, 04:45 PM
That's Marnie? Man, I keep seeing like the same two episodes of Knitty Gritty - that 80's show is one of them. Too funny.

Marnie IS a cutie, btw.

~Sharon

brookenic
05-25-2005, 04:56 PM
I watched the episode with Marnie on it today. I was really impressed. She has only been designing for a year! She had some great knitwear. I'm thinking of making the legwarmers she did. They are so cute and I miss having legwarmers! :happydance: Now all I need are some Jellies!

Silver
05-25-2005, 08:31 PM
I posted that reminder and I actually forgot to watch it today!! I was busy working. :doh: :doh: :doh:

Rennagayle
05-25-2005, 08:49 PM
Oh, drat, Silver. I'm so sorry. :(

foldedbird
05-25-2005, 09:37 PM
I have that 80's episode on the DVR. I didn't know that she was a member of KH!!! What's her nickname here??

Marnie, you ROCK. I was totally impressed with your appearance on the show...such a good guest. It was sooo easy to follow your instructions. It's SO strange that we found out that you're on here, because I was getting ready to hunt down the yarn for your fishnet sweater to wear for the beach.

So proud to have ya as one of OUR knisters!

denise

KellyK
05-25-2005, 09:40 PM
Does everyone agree that Marnie has the best POSTURE in the universe??? GOOD JOB, MARNIE!!! :cheering: You were so comfortable & natural!

foldedbird
05-25-2005, 09:47 PM
And my opinion about knitty gritty... I LOVE that show. I have almost all of the episodes on the DVR, that I'm about to put on tape because the DVR is almost full again...lol!

Did anyone see the one that was on yesterday, with Lily Chin? There's lots of stitches she covered, and there's practically a stitch dictionary on the knitty gritty website...check it out, all of them are printable .pdf files.

Here's the link: http://diynet.com/diy/na_knitting/article/0,2025,DIY_14141_3133503,00.html

lots of info:

denise

Nuno930
05-25-2005, 10:53 PM
:evil: I don't get DIY Network *stomps feet and pouts*

KellyK
05-25-2005, 11:19 PM
Do you need a time out, Nik?? :fingerwag:

Rennagayle
05-25-2005, 11:21 PM
Drat. I missed yesterday's episode with Lily Chen. :mad:

Kelly, it's funny that you mentioned Marnie's great posture, because I was thinking the same thing when I watched her today.

foldedbird
05-26-2005, 12:02 AM
Yes, I did think our Marnie did hold herself up very well. Bad posture is such a pet peeve of mine...it's the little things, ain't it?

I was also intrigued (and jealous) of her nails, tooo! Also always wonder how Vicki keeps such a great manicure while knitting...I tend to chip my nails a bit.

kemp
05-26-2005, 08:07 AM
shoot...that is one of the few I haven't seen yet. I have my DVR set to tape all the Knitty Gritty's but last night when I went to see which ones they were, it had a wierd taping think like 11:29-11:29 with nothing actually taped. Bummer. Guess I'll have to look at the schedule to see when its on again.

You guys are reminding me to work on my posture again!