PDA

View Full Version : What's your take on Bernat yarn?

newtoknit
05-22-2005, 11:35 PM
Love it? Hate it? I'm new to knitting and want to start making articles of clothing for my boys..sweater, scarves, hats and such. It seems that any books I read tell you to stay away from the acrylics/acrylic blends. Are they really that bad? Will my items fall apart after so many washes?

Any advice is much appreciated before I go and spend a bunch of money on yarn!

TIA!

KellyK
05-22-2005, 11:36 PM
Ive used Denimstyle and LOVED it. Cotton/Acrylic blend.

knitqueen
05-23-2005, 12:15 AM
As someone who doesn't have a whole lot of $$$ to spend on expensive yarns, I have used Bernat quite a bit and have found them to be quite good actually. I have used Denimstyle (I thought it was 100% acrylic??....oooh, just checked, it is a cotton blend!), CottonTots, Solo, Softee Chunky, Berella, and Sox, and have really had no problems with any of them. I personally kinda like acrylic and I'm not ashamed to admit it!!!!! :thumbsup:

I have also used a few of their free patterns from the website and have really enjoyed them.

:XX:

Julie
05-23-2005, 12:25 AM
I looooved Denim Style too. It was great to knit with!! Very soft! And the colors are great. :thumbsup:

Jivewhistle
05-23-2005, 12:27 AM
I haven't tried any Bernat yet, but I'd like too.

I'm a broke knitter so it's all cotton and acrylic for me right now...lol.

newtoknit
05-23-2005, 10:09 AM
Thanks so much for your opinions. The Denimstyle is the one I was looking at too! The fact that it is a cottonblend makes it that much more appealing to me!

Now I can have peace of mind shopping for yarn today! :D