PDA

View Full Version : It finally clicked!!!

gimmesanity
05-25-2005, 07:24 PM
OMG, yay for me! :cheering: :cheering:
So, after knitting for about three months now, I've finally figured out how to hold my yarn!! :D
I'm a leftie knitting continental, and for the life of me I just could not figure out how to hold the yarn in my left hand. I just kept throwing the yarn over the needle each time. Well, today, out of nowhere, it suddenly just clicked. Wow, knitting goes by a lot faster once you figure out the whole yarn thing. I'm a knittin' fool now! :XX:

BTW, I'm on my first project on circs, but I'm getting annoyed with how I have to keep stopping to shove the stitches over. Is there a way to avoid this next time? I'm using Denises (which I :heart: lots.)

~Sharon :happydance:

brendajos
05-25-2005, 08:28 PM
ya know sharon, i think i basically do the same thing (lefty throwing continental)...i know i wasn't taught like that but somewhere along the line i started doing it, and i swear i look at the videos and none of them look right to me...they all feel very foreign. And you should seeeee the way i purl...lol

i figure it doesn't matter tooo much...the results are the same either way! ;) but mebbe at some point i will figure out how to do it correctly too...lol

Hildegard_von_Knittin
05-25-2005, 08:41 PM
Good for you!!! I'm a continental knitter who throws: it's the only way that's comfortable for me, when though it's not very fast and looks wierd. KK even told me I knit wierd when we met on Saturday (i amlost cried at first, but I sucked it up). It IS wierd! But the picking thing hasn't sunk in for me yet, so rather then have a bunch of wierd loosey funky wonky stitches, I just do it my way. Glad you got it though.. it's been a year and a half for me, and I'm no closer than I was on day 1!! :wall: ooh well!

KellyK
05-25-2005, 09:44 PM
:mad: Oh, WALK IT OFF, Hildie! :heart:

I get as close to picking as an english knitter can, so, you never know

Joel
05-26-2005, 05:15 PM
OMG, yay for me! :cheering: :cheering:
So, after knitting for about three months now, I've finally figured out how to hold my yarn!! :D
I'm a leftie knitting continental, and for the life of me I just could not figure out how to hold the yarn in my left hand. I just kept throwing the yarn over the needle each time. Well, today, out of nowhere, it suddenly just clicked. Wow, knitting goes by a lot faster once you figure out the whole yarn thing. I'm a knittin' fool now! :XX:

:notworthy: Someday I hope to be there. But for now, I'm just working on getting down the basics.

Merry Stitcher
06-01-2005, 12:58 AM
I thought I was the only one: I'm a continental knitter who throws, too! I think it started when I was working on big needles with chunky yarn...wanted to make sure the yarn "made it" around. And, it became a habit. Though, I must admit that in those rare moments when it clicks and I really do knit continental, I can't believe how fast I fly!

Isn't it funny how fast we can develop "bad" habits? And, how much they stick!

Congrats on getting "the click"!!!!
:happydance:

Mary