PDA

View Full Version : sock books....yeah

rebecca
05-29-2005, 09:08 PM
My new story...it is, of course...very sweet & nice...u know...like me :roflhard: :rofling:
Okay...they story is very sweet. Friday I was talking with my sweet man about knitting (imagine that..me...talking about knitting) and at some point I said that I wanted the book 'Socks, Socks, Socks'....now realize...I type a lot...so u know I talk WAY MORE...and I continue with my knitting talk. On Sat. mornings my DH gets his mom (she's 80, no longer drives) & they go out & about & spend 'their' time together. When he came home he told me that he had looked all over town for that book, but no one had it!!....I was so happy he had looked for my book (that he had remembered the book!)....I have the sweetest husband in the world.
Then he told me that it will be here Tues bc he ordered it from Barnes & Noble.....I :heart: :inlove: than man!!
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: And I'm getting my favorite sock book!!
I am a very, very :D :XX: girl today
Happy Memorial Day one & all

jodstr2
05-29-2005, 09:12 PM
congrats on the new book! :D :cheering:
Happy Memorial Day to you, too! :heart: :XX:

rebecca
06-02-2005, 10:22 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:
I'm so flipping :happydance: :happydance: happy!!
Barnes & Nobles called & my new :study: book was in....so I rushed over to pick it up...and :XX: :XY: :X: ing people...if u like to knit socks even a little...OR if u want to learn to knit socks....u MUST get 'SOCKS SOCKS SOCKS'......I :heart: :heart: :heart: this book. My hubby is out of town on business but....thank you, to u sweetness for my book!!

rebecca
06-09-2005, 07:11 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :happydance: :happydance: :waving:
Good Morning one & all!! While I have the chance...I decided to jump on the computer (well...obviously, I didn't jump on it...it's still functioning!!... :doh: duhhh)...anyway;....as u all know, my :heart: darling :heart: man surprised me with a new book: SOCKS SOCKS SOCKS!!!! And I have decided the 1st socks that I will knit from the book (altho, it will be a while bc there r a few projects that have to be done before these socks!!) and these socks are just STUNNING!!!!! I :heart: :heart: :heart: them, the r called 'Tipsy Knitter Socks' and r actually in the 'lace' chapter of the book, but they have cables in them, too....like I said....STUNNING, AND I :heart: them....I will also enjoy wearing them bc, altho I give away most everything that I make...the socks stay with me except for a few pair that I gave to my daughter...my sock drawer is getting WAAAAYYYY full...lol. Many would choose a solid color for this sock, but I am using Opal handpainted yarn that is http://www.simplysockyarn.com/Detail.bok?no=182......okay, here's what I need to know...how do u, when u want to show another page, such as this, do it where u will read as example " and u can find the yarn here" and when I click on 'here' it takes me to this webpage....how, pray tell...how is this done?! I didn't get an answer from FAQ...please tell me...I'm :( when I don't know such things...and I don't like to be :( ...I prefer to be :D ....anyway....there u have the plans for my upcoming socks....have a great :XX: :XY: :sunny: :waving: now