PDA

View Full Version : Finished the toilet tissue holder

Beth
06-01-2005, 11:55 AM
I made up this pattern and I think it came out pretty good. I basically took a simple hat pattern and just resized it and added the tassel.
Tell me what you think

brendajos
06-01-2005, 12:10 PM
looks good...any fancy stitching? i have not been ready to do anything too far outside my comfort zone of scarves yet ..heh...but i have been looking and think it may be time...of course this means i need new needles cuz all my circs are too long...lol. I have a friend who has been looking for a tissue cover and that might make a good one for him.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
06-01-2005, 10:13 PM
that's a neat idea!!!!

Beth
06-02-2005, 08:29 AM
Basically I casted on 84 stitches in the round using a #7 needle and the smallest cord that came with my needle set. Then I just did a straight stitch until I got to the size of the tissue roll. Then I did this:
K2 then k2tog across row until the last two stitches then K2. Then I knitted across the next row. Last row I K2tog until the end of the row, left a long piece of yarn, threaded it through the stitches and pulled until it drew together. Very simple.
I made two of them in a day. Very fast and a lot of fun. The tassel I made by wrapping yarn around some cardboard and then just tied it off to make a tassel.
Hope someone else tries it and comes up with a clever design, because trust me there aren't too many tissue covers out there!

Holly
06-02-2005, 09:50 AM
Great design, Beth! I think I'll give it a try :D . Can you post a larger picture?

Holly

ekgheiy
06-02-2005, 09:59 AM
... Can you post a larger picture?
Holly I agree. ;) I can barely see it... :(

Beth
06-02-2005, 01:57 PM
I hope this is better

brendajos
06-02-2005, 02:24 PM
that IS better...thank you...and umm...now i wanna make that as a hat too...lol. Now that i have decided i am going to make my trio bag i am all a flutter to make stuff that isn't square! ;)

Beth
06-03-2005, 07:50 AM
I think both the holders I made came out good.
Here is the link to that hat if your interested. It knits up very quickly.
Have fun :XX:
Beth♥

http://frugalknit12330.goeserv.com/homepage/beghat.htm