PDA

View Full Version : OT What Celeb would you knit for?

BinkyKat
06-06-2005, 09:48 PM
As I added to my sig., I realized this would be a fun question...
What celebrity would you give anything to knit for? I would knit a nice slinky tie/scarf for Hugh Jackman :heart: (and now Hayden Christianson :inlove: since seeing him again in Star Wars) if they would "model" them for me, if you know what I mean. :eyebrow:
Use #463 for guage swatches... dabbing the brow of swooning knitter... sigh! :blush:

Ingrid
06-06-2005, 10:23 PM
I would knit for the most generous one. :thumbsup:

bubba
06-06-2005, 10:53 PM
DO NOT SHOW THIS TO MY HUSBAND!!!!

I would knit up one of those weenie warmers for Richard Gere and David Duchovney, w/the stipulation they would have to model them for me!

pat......recovering slowly from her migraine!

BinkyKat
06-06-2005, 11:19 PM
My lips are sealed, ;)
my dh knows of my obsession and would just say... "what EVERrrrr!" :rollseyes:
:roflhard:

brookenic
06-06-2005, 11:32 PM
I'd have to say Johnny Depp. And it would be a weenie warmer. :D

gardenia
06-06-2005, 11:36 PM
Definitely Russell Crowe. :inlove:

BinkyKat
06-07-2005, 12:44 AM
ooo, I'm all about Russell, bad boy or not! meowwww!
so, can one find a weenie warmer on knottypatterns.com? :roflhard:

kemp
06-07-2005, 08:12 AM
:roflhard: I actually had to type in that web address to see if you were serious. It isn't registered...maybe someone should get that one before its too late :) :roflhard:

I think I would knit for Jakob Dylan (3rd from left, the Wallflowers). Yum...he would look good in a cool knit hat...among other things :)

suziehomemaker
06-07-2005, 09:31 AM
I would knit for Vin Diesel. Imagine that tough guy in a knit skull cap and alpaca sweater! Oh my!

He's definitely on my "free pass" list.

tab
06-07-2005, 12:08 PM
I'm gonna have to go ahead and second knitting for Johnny Depp. I'd probably knit him a pair of gloves, to keep those gorgeous expressive hands of his all cosy-warm.

Nuno930
06-07-2005, 12:18 PM
Can say there is a celeb I'd love to knit for... but there are a few that I wouldn't mind unknitting a few items off for them :eyebrow:

Sara
06-07-2005, 01:09 PM
Clooney, Clooney, Clooney, Clooney, Clooney, Clooney...

(George, not Rosemary)

An Irish fisherman's sweater. A nice, cuddly afghan to snuggle under in front of the fire in our cottage by the sea...mmmm....OH! Excuse me, forgot myself there for a minute.

Then there's my fixation on John Cusack. But I found out that he's a chainsmoker, so he's not alluring in reality for me.

Then there's Tom Selleck, but I have stipulations about him, too.

And I married a man who is a ringer for Robin Williams! :lol:

ekgheiy
06-07-2005, 06:54 PM
:hiding:
:blush: Lance Henriksen :blush:

*pant ... swoon ... faint*

franna724
06-08-2005, 07:02 AM
Jason Wiles...but only if he's in his Bosco (Third Watch) get-up. :heart:

Anna

peev
06-08-2005, 09:41 AM
I'd knit a new beanie for the Edge. :heart:

ekgheiy
06-08-2005, 11:45 AM
I'd knit a new beanie for the Edge. :heart:The Edge? As in WWE's Edge? :??

gardenia
06-08-2005, 12:29 PM

I'm thinking she's a U2 fan, and she means the guitar player. Here he is (http://www.u2.com/gallery/46664Concert/gallery_46664_edge.jpg)in beanie-wearing splendor.

Personally, I'd knit something for a circa 1983 Bono (http://www.u2.com/gallery/Boy/boy_gallery_6.jpg)

:cheering:

Gatomoso
06-08-2005, 12:52 PM
:?? Geez this is a tough question! Bono is tempting . . . so is Johnny Depp. But, I don't really drool over Johnny Depp. I just think he's a cool dude and talented actor. Normally, I'd say Goran Visjnic, but I'm getting over him. Russell Crow just threw a phone at someone here in NYC, bit of a temper that guy . . . I'd probably knit for Benicio del Toro, but again, not because I drool over him, but because he's Puerto Rican and soooo frickin talented! How sad. There are no hotties for me. :(

peev
06-08-2005, 02:34 PM

I'm thinking she's a U2 fan, and she means the guitar player. Here he is (http://www.u2.com/gallery/46664Concert/gallery_46664_edge.jpg)in beanie-wearing splendor.

Personally, I'd knit something for a circa 1983 Bono (http://www.u2.com/gallery/Boy/boy_gallery_6.jpg)

:cheering:

Oh yes, I'm a big U2 fan and a long-time admirer of the Edge. :inlove: And I'm going to see the band in concert in 35 days time. :cheering:

ekgheiy
06-08-2005, 02:57 PM
Oh yes, I'm a big U2 fan and a long-time admirer of the Edge. :inlove: And I'm going to see the band in concert in 35 days time. :cheering:Dang, I thought I found another WWE'alite. :sad: :lol:

Egeria
06-08-2005, 04:16 PM
Well I have one celeb I'd knit for (and unknit for) but I'm not naming names!

However, there are other names I could name which include:

Angelina Jolie
Clive Owen
Alan Rickman
Kylie Minogue
Russell Crowe (but only in Gladiator getup)
Shay Given (Goalkeeper for Newcastle and Ireland)

Would love to help them model and all! :)

ekgheiy
06-08-2005, 04:39 PM
...However, there are other names I could name which include: ...Alan Rickman... etc...Oh Ma'Gawd ...
:oops: :oops: :oops:
:blush: :blush: :blush:
Mr. Rickman issss .... *giggle* .... sssso .... *giggle* ssssexy as Professor SSSsssnape ... :eyebrow:

:blush: *ekgheiy giggles wildly like the Pillsbury Dough Boy* :blush:

Mer
06-08-2005, 05:00 PM
Ooh, I'd have to say Beck. I have a thing for scruffy, slightly geeky looking musicians. :inlove: And look, he's wearing a knit hat here (http://www.beck.com/gallery/gallery_img/2003/beck08.jpg)!

Nuno930
06-08-2005, 05:16 PM
Ok I thought of something that I could knit... though I'd really unknit items off him - I guess I could knit him a coozie (http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer04/PATTcozies.html) or a little under (http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer04/PATTthong.html) the fire proof suit atire

He is #1 on the top 5 list ;)

I've been trying to find a cute way to knit something of his for me anywho. Maybe a tank with #38 on it :??

LisaD715
06-08-2005, 06:58 PM
My pics......

Clive Owen is a must.....the man is on fire he is so hot
Bruce Willis still does it for me....has since Moonlighting
Chad Kroger from Nickleback
Josie Scott from Saliva

I am sure I could fine more...but there is a start anyway.

gardenia
06-08-2005, 09:43 PM
I've been trying to find a cute way to knit something of his for me anywho. Maybe a tank with #38 on it :??
Sadler's a Virginia boy, you know. Just down the road...well, OK, a couple of hours down the road. 8-) I've been to a truck stop in Emporia that his family apparently owns. It had a life-size cardboard thingy of Elliott. I could stick a hat on it for you and run away...

franna724
06-09-2005, 06:55 AM
Good to know I'm not the only one who thinks Professor Snape is hot. :lol:

peev
06-09-2005, 07:50 AM
I'm an Alan Rickman fan too, although I prefer him as the Sheriff of Nottingham or Colonel Brandon. I'd knit him a nice scarf, to keep his throat warm and protect that sexy voice of his. :heart:

ekgheiy
06-09-2005, 09:01 AM
Good to know I'm not the only one who thinks Professor Snape is hot. :lol:No kidding!! I thought I was the only one!! My mother teases me about my school-girl crush on Lance H., so I would nay tell her about Rickman to motivate her teasing streak any more. *hehe* Hey Franna ... guess what ... Harry Potter Prisoner of Azkaban is running on HBO On Demand .... :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: Although, there isn't that much Ssnape action as in HP#2. :(

franna724
06-09-2005, 09:53 AM
Oooh, I'll have to check out On Demand while knitting tonight....My hubby and I have seen the movies a gazillion times, but I can't get enough.

Anna

Sara
06-09-2005, 12:55 PM
I :heart: Alan Rickman. Have you seen "Truly, Madly, Deeply"? OMG get out the tissues, make your significant other watch it with you. Ciaran Hinds would receive a nice knitted item from me, also!

BinkyKat
06-09-2005, 08:19 PM
Ooo, I really fancy the naughty Sheriff of Knottingham. I like Alan Rickman too. For some reason I find English,Australian, etc. men sexy! :heart: :shock: :heart: :shock: :heart:

feministmama
06-10-2005, 10:52 AM
I'd probably knit for Benicio del Toro, but again, not because I drool over him, but because he's Puerto Rican

WWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA??????????

amy
06-10-2005, 04:30 PM
Woah, suddenly I'm having a flashback of a dream I had last night. It had Angelina Jolie in it (the most gorgous woman on the planet, I think, but I'm not sure I'd knit for her), and Arnold Swartznegger (who I DEFINITELY wouldn't knit for, the woman-groping egomaniac!). Not sure what those two celebs were doing in my dream-world, can't recall the details. Angelina is probably knit-worthy, she does do lots of cool charity work and stuff, but she's such an intense person I don't think I could handle being her friend, otherwise I'd knit for her. LOL

Hmmm, who would I knit for?
Well, Ben Affleck of course ~booties for the baby ;) (I seriously am planning on knitting these, once I find out the gender. :blush:)

And just because they seem like cool people...
Robin Williams
Gabriel Byrne
Tim Robbins
Susan Sarandon

and probably lots of other celebs, but I can't think of them at the moment!

punkhippiemom
06-18-2005, 12:49 PM
:heart: Need I say more? ~~sigh~~ :inlove:

Carol_OH
06-19-2005, 10:41 AM
oooh loving all the Rickman lovers here! :heart:

I think I would knit Hugh Laurie a warm scarf! :blush: Or socks. Or a sweater. Or ....

:inlove:

KellyK
06-19-2005, 05:30 PM
I dont know who I'd wanna knit FOR, but I want to knit WITH Parker Posey. I LOVE her and think she would make the FUNNEST knitting buddy! I dont even know if she knits.... :??

Actually, I have to 'fess up. I want to knit for Adam Sandler. :oops: He is SO funny, and that "pathetic-cute" face he makes....well.....

Nicoley
06-20-2005, 12:28 AM
Currently im in L :heart: VE with Kristen Bell... from Veronica mars... soooo i would love to knit her something pretty
andddddd
Ive been in L :heart: VE with Michael Deluise (he was Picalo on seaquest back in the day... and was on 21 jump street with johnny depp many moons ago.... also the son of Dom Deluise... totally yummy) even though he is old and baulding... i still love him long time lmao so i would knit him anything he wanted... i love him long time :heart: :heart:

Nuno930
06-20-2005, 07:29 AM
Ive been in L VE with Michael Deluise

My friend dated him (well ex-friend but that is another story)

KellyK
06-20-2005, 07:37 AM
OK - HOW can you say something like THAT and then NOT give any details??? Was he nice? A big jerk? Did he have any weird habits? Did she meet Dom?

Nuno930
06-20-2005, 08:49 AM
I don't really remember details... they didn't date very long. And I think "hooked up a few times" would be a better descriptive. I know she didn't meet Dom, but did go over to their house a few times. I do remember she said he was nice. :heart:

Nicoley
06-20-2005, 12:41 PM
Ive been in L OVE with Michael Deluise

NO WAY!!!!!!... thats sooooo not fair... *whineing*...