PDA

View Full Version : I'm feeling guilty!!!!

amp926
06-09-2005, 10:34 PM
:help: I just bought the boyes off of ebay. I feel so guilty!!!! I love knitting with my bamboos but, it is getting expensive to buy every single size that I need! I am really nervous that I won't like knitting with them! If I don't feel comfortable on them I just might have to make a post on the Buy/Sell/Swap forum! I'll let you guys know when I get 'em!

gardenia
06-09-2005, 10:58 PM
You might like them. I bought mine for 40% off at Michaels. I have to admit that when I opened the package, I thought they looked very cheap and maybe I had made a mistake. However, I love working with them. I always have the right size needle for everything (so far -- I'm still new). So, give them a chance. Just remember to screw the tips on very tightly, using the grip thingy that comes with them or something else (I think Amy said she uses a piece from a rubber glove). Oh, and soak the cords in hot water for a while before using them. I read that somewhere and it really helped them loosen up.

I hope you like them. If not, I'm sure someone will buy them from you. :D

benniesma
06-10-2005, 05:21 PM
I love mine! When I went back to knit something with my bamboos, they felt weird to me.

Thanks for the tip on the hot water G! I have one cord that is just a little too stiff.