PDA

View Full Version : ok update on grandpa's scarf

tinkercat
06-13-2005, 03:14 PM
Here is how much i have done so far of grandpa's scarf. I have been SOOO BUSY with cleaning other peoples houses, yard sale, you name it! So here is what i have so far lol. AND i wanted to share a little girft my husbands friend from school got me when him and his wife went to Puerto Rico!!!

PS
i gave up on my sock i was doing lol haa haa i am going to FROG IT and forget it for now lol. :XX: :inlove: :heart: :happydance: :cheering: :lol: :doh:

kemp
06-13-2005, 03:23 PM
Loooooooooooooooooove it! The cables are beautiful. :thumbsup:

tinkercat
06-13-2005, 03:31 PM
Thank you sooo much! This is my first projest with cables. I want to learn to do some of the other cables but i can't read the Instructions it is like reading the Stock in the paper to me lol

Vanessa :happydance:

Stacy
06-13-2005, 04:51 PM
That scarf is WONDERFUL!!!!! Where did you find that pattern. I love how it is all cables!

Stacy

tinkercat
06-13-2005, 05:30 PM
I forget but here is the Instructions.

Row 1 k2,p8,k2

Row 2 p2,k8,p2

Row 3 k2,P8,K2

Row 4 Cable P2, slide 4 st on cable holder knit the other four then slide the other four back on the needle and knit the four then P2 that is what makes the cable.

Row 5 same as row 1

Row 6 same as row 2

row 7 same as row 1

row 8 same as row 2

row 9 same as row 1

row 10 same as row2

the cable is a tottal of 12 St for this one that is. I casted on 24st and did the pattern double if you know what i mean. Thats all there is to the pattern.I also did ming a little diffrent, like the first cable is a front cable the second is a back third front and fourth back thats why it looks the way it does in the picture.

Vanessa :D

Stacy
06-13-2005, 07:34 PM
Wow! Thanks so much for sharing your pattern! I am going to copy it and make a scarf using that pattern. I just frogged a cable scarf because I didn't care for the pattern or the yarn. Now I have something to try again! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Thanks again!!

Stacy

MaggieL
06-13-2005, 09:46 PM
WOW!!!! I :heart: it! :thumbsup:

tinkercat
06-14-2005, 07:20 AM
http://knitting.about.com/library/blstitches.htm

Here you will find ALL KINDS of stuff!!!! this here is the one i did >
http://knitting.about.com/library/bl810cable.htm

there are all sizes of cables they teach you just kinda look around on the first link and see what you all think. I tried to do the Bobbles and i hate them lol not ready for them i think lol haa haa .

Vanessa :cheering:

Stacy
06-14-2005, 07:59 AM
Those are great sites Vanessa! Thanks!!

I want to go and try them all...why can't there just be a few more 'knitting' hours in a day? :rollseyes: :lol:

Stacy

tinkercat
06-14-2005, 09:05 AM
You sound like me! I wanted to take my knitting with me tomarrow i am going to Vegas but i decided not to....I don't want to loose any of my knitting stuff. I am going to write my pel pals from a few groups i joined . I figured 3 hours in the air i need something to do lol I am taking a book and pad paper pen envelopes and stamps lol haa haa. Any how have fun, and I will post pictures when i get back, and talk to you later!

Vanessa :XX:

Stacy
06-15-2005, 03:48 AM
Have a great trip!

Stacy

Rennagayle
06-16-2005, 09:48 AM
That scarf is simply gorgeous! :shock:

jodstr2
06-18-2005, 09:09 PM
very nice!!! this is your first project with cables? they look perfect! congrats! :thumbsup: :D