PDA

View Full Version : Attention all ILLINOIS Knitters!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

Hildegard_von_Knittin
11-30-2006, 10:58 PM
I forgot to ask about the consignment sales, but i will on saturday.

KK, the class is 10 bucks, and includes materials. you just need to bring needles... 11s, 13s or 15s.

DotMom61
12-04-2006, 12:59 AM
Just FYI in case you guys haven't heard yet -- Kool Knits in Naperville is closing, and it looks like they're heading down the final stretch w/ their closing sale. Check their web site here. (http://www.koolknits.com/specials.html)

Hildegard_von_Knittin
12-05-2006, 01:02 AM
Are they closing closing??? I thought she was going to SELL the place...

hmmm...

Maybe I'll go there tomorrow... any other takers?

KellyK
12-05-2006, 07:58 AM
I just got the email on Sunday... SO SO SAD! Its where most of us met! :pout: Im headed there Thursday after work, I think, to find some DEALZZZ... Julie? are you available for a quick meet-n-greet??

Hildegard_von_Knittin
12-05-2006, 08:58 AM
no no no thursday I have a class and can't go!!!! :pout:

KellyK
12-05-2006, 09:28 AM
I thought you were gonna come to Chix on Wednesday, Hild?

Hildegard_von_Knittin
12-05-2006, 10:00 AM
i am planning to. But I can't go to cool knits on thursday because I have a class at the LYS in oregon at 4:00.

and I want to see you all the time.... :heart:

DotMom61
12-05-2006, 10:01 AM
I just got the email on Sunday... SO SO SAD! Its where most of us met! :pout: Im headed there Thursday after work, I think, to find some DEALZZZ... Julie? are you available for a quick meet-n-greet??

:( Bailey has Tae Kwon Do on Thursday. Buy something good in my honor, though. 'kay? :D

BTW ... I asked you somewhere around here whether or not Chix has the felted Hedgie pattern from Fiber Trends, but -- ahem -- you neglected to answer. :tap:

Do you know if they do? :flirt:

KellyK
12-05-2006, 11:31 AM
I dont think we do... :pout: Im gonna have to get Dana's butt in gear!! :!!!:

Julie
12-05-2006, 03:11 PM
FWIW, I don't think Kool Knits is in the final stretch...the sale started yesterday and there is still a ton of stuff there. I heard someone ask how long they would be around and the answer was "well, we can stay in this space until May..." which I interpreted as meaning that that's when the lease is up. I doubt they'll be open that long, but it doesn't seem like they're on the verge of closing their doors.

Also, they sold out of Denise needles on Monday but I heard her say they were going to order some more. So there's a little while left...

I don't think this was in the e-mail: if you go to their web site there's more information about using your frequent buyer cards -- they're not issuing stamps any longer, but if you have cards with 10+ stamps they will give you a prorated discount depending on the # of stamps you have. :D

Julie, call them about the hedgehog...all of their patterns are 40% off, and they have tons of FT patterns!!

DotMom61
12-06-2006, 12:09 PM
Thank you, Julie, for the much more informed response. :teehee: I was just flying by the seat of my pants when I wrote that, so I guess we need to pull that ole saying about 'assuming' out of the closet & use it here.

Anyway, great idea on the FT pattern. I was asking about Chix, 'cause my med. student friends gave me a gift certificate for there, and I'm trying to de-stash instead of buying more yarn. Sooooooo ... I was hoping I could use it on a pattern instead. :?? Why do I feel the need to explain myself so often?

KellyK
12-07-2006, 08:05 AM
Im sowwy my response was insufficient... :verysad:

Hild and I are going to KoolKnits after work today.... I will be in search of yarn for a DH sweater from Men in Knits. :happydance:

kimmie
12-07-2006, 10:58 AM
Whew. I have a tiny break from the craziness that rules my life and I am checking back in. Julie - how did your talk go on Nov. 11? I'm sure all the details are posted somewhere...speaking of details, can someone humor me so that I don't have to look back through all the posts...are there any plans for Illinois get-togethers coming up?
:heart: kimmie

Andrea
12-07-2006, 03:52 PM
There is a new yarn shop in East Dundee called Fishbed Knitting Emporium (320 N. River Road). I can't find a website for them, but I'm hoping to go there today and check them out. I drove by yesterday but I was in a squad car so I didn't stop :teehee:

I'll let you know how it goes...a fun get together day perhaps--first there and then to West Dundee for The Gifted Purl :shrug:

DotMom61
12-07-2006, 04:52 PM
Hmmm ... we're going to be @ Springhill Mall tomorrow afternoon for portraits ... perhaps I'll have to get there early & check out this new place!! :figureditout:

Isn't it odd that they put in a new place 5 mins from the Gifted Purl? :??

Let us know how it is, Andrea. Hope it's great!

Andrea
12-07-2006, 04:53 PM
What time, Jules?? I could maybe come meet you there?

Kirochka
12-07-2006, 06:01 PM
Gird your loins, Jul... Spring Hill during the Christmas shopping season...!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :thud:

Andrea
12-07-2006, 06:22 PM
I didn't go. Chris told me I couldn't buy anything, not even if there was $.01 yarn :pout:

I said "I can't just go there and welcome her and TURN AROUND without supporting her!!!!" :!!!:

:psst: I think I"ll go tomorrow when he's at work

Hildegard_von_Knittin
12-07-2006, 11:00 PM
I didn't go to Kool Knits with KK today... I caught the ICK again :ick: and I ditched her because I felt so crappy :-(

Andrea
12-08-2006, 10:37 AM
:pout:

:hug:

DotMom61
12-08-2006, 10:38 AM
Andrea -- I'm not even sure I'll be able to make it there. We have a couple other things to get done, and I need to have the kids all "pretty" for our portrait.

Let's plan another day after Christmas, and we can meet there. Do I remember hearing that you're going to days in January? Will you have some weekdays off?

And Karen, I know. I'm NOT looking forward to the mall. Hopefully, we can just sneak into Penney's, get our picture taken, and sneak back out. I have no desire to shop there.

Hildie -- I'm so sorry your sick again. :pout: I hope you're feeling better today.

Andrea
12-08-2006, 10:43 AM
Let's plan another day after Christmas, and we can meet there. Do I remember hearing that you're going to days in January? Will you have some weekdays off?

Yup, same rotating weird days off schedule :heart:

I miss you :pout:

DotMom61
12-08-2006, 10:46 AM

I miss you, too. We need to try & get together soon. <sigh> Don't know how I can squeeze it in anytime soon, though. Let me know when your next day off is, and perhaps we can swing lunch 'er somethin'.

Andrea
12-08-2006, 10:50 AM
I'm off Monday :shrug: :poke:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
12-08-2006, 01:41 PM
me too :shrug: :poke:

Andrea
12-08-2006, 03:54 PM
Reeeeeeeeeeeeally? :thinking:

DotMom61
12-08-2006, 04:08 PM
:gah:

Well, *I* was off Monday, too, until about 2 hours ago. We now have to go to Gurnee for a prosthetic adjustment. It's the only day we can go 'cause beginning Tues. we will be making a daily journey to get radiation treatments.

Perhaps a weekend sometime? :shifty:

Andrea
12-08-2006, 04:10 PM
:hug: We'll figure it out :hug:

:muah:

KellyK
12-09-2006, 11:01 AM
Me too.... I need a :grphug:

mwedzi
12-09-2006, 11:56 AM
Me too.... I need a :grphug:

:hug:

KellyK
12-10-2006, 12:18 PM
:aww: thanks, Nik!

FWIW... I think we should DEFINITELY have our next knitogether at Knitche in Downers Grove... that place has a GREAT vibe, VERY close to that of Chix, and has REALLY nice space for a KTG!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
12-11-2006, 06:11 PM
SJ is coming to my house on Dec 22nd--a Friday. My LYS in Oregon is having the finish your gifts thing until midnight that night, *and* SJ is bringing oatmeal Fudge Bars :happydance: Who's coming to plaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy?????

sara_jayne
12-11-2006, 06:21 PM
SJ is coming to my house on Dec 22nd--a Friday. My LYS in Oregon is having the finish your gifts thing until midnight that night, *and* SJ is bringing oatmeal Fudge Bars :happydance: Who's coming to plaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy?????

:flirt: Please come play!!!!!! :flirt:

KellyK
12-11-2006, 09:05 PM
If Im out of the doghouse with DH, Ill BE THERE!

Andrea
12-11-2006, 09:38 PM
I have to :!!!: work!!!!!!!!!!1 :!!!:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
12-11-2006, 10:54 PM
can't you get scurvy that day?

VickiIL
12-12-2006, 12:28 PM
I miss you all!!!!! :pout: I have been so bad at finding time to check the forums. I feel so out of touch. I don't think I am going to be able to make any knit togethers until after the holidays. Life here has spun completely out of control. Between holiday knitting/crafting, homeschooling, work, and holiday entertaining, I feel like I need to schedule time to breathe! :thud:
Now adding to the mix, DH and I have been seriously looking at our finances (shambles that they are in) and decided that it is time for me to go back to work. :verysad: So now I am trying to find work and interviewing schools for the kids. I am terrified at how this is going to change our lives. (As well as a little excited about a possible light at the end of the tunnel.)

Hildegard_von_Knittin
12-12-2006, 06:47 PM
Wow Vick, that's a LOT!!!!! :grphug: from us!!!!

DotMom61
12-13-2006, 07:30 PM
Oh, Vicki!! I can't even imagine how hard it would be to send the kids off to school! :shock: I know you all will find a way to make everything work!

Love & prayers to you! :heart:

VickiIL
12-14-2006, 06:20 PM
Oh, Vicki!! I can't even imagine how hard it would be to send the kids off to school! :shock: I know you all will find a way to make everything work!

Love & prayers to you! :heart:

Thanks it is hard. I am so conflicted on this. DH INSISTS that they go to private school. But it is SOOO expensive. I visited a Montessori school near us and I absolutely fell in love with it. I am so impressed. It is much like what the kids have now in homeschooling. I would feel very confident to send them there. Now to figure out how HARD I would need to work to pay for it.

I also spoke with a friend of mine who is a special ed teacher in our district (Not at the school he would attend but still Plainfield Schools) and while I am worried about that option with DS being a struggling reader, I feel better about it. Brad is still against that idea but it is actually what we can afford.

But I guess I am putting the cart before the horse. Now to find a job. I am hoping to go full time at church or combining church with private counseling. Ohhh I don't know. :wall:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
12-14-2006, 09:56 PM
Is it possible to find a job that you can work at while Dh is home? Then you can still homeschool during the day, and he'd be home to watch them while you're working.

KellyK
12-14-2006, 10:24 PM
OMGosh... SO much on your mind! :hug: :hug: :hug: Vick... I know you will MAKE things work out to the benefit of your children. I remember all of the support you gave me when I was feeling so conflicted. You just apply all of that wonderfulness to YOU now!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Andrea
12-15-2006, 06:18 AM
:grphug: Vicki! Good luck with everything! :heart: My coworker's kids go to a Montessori school around here and they love it, but he's pulling them out because the tuition is just getting ridiculous. :pout:

MaryB
12-21-2006, 07:44 AM
I want to post this here on the Illinois knitters page because you are the people I have met and "know" the best on KH. My Dad, Robert Kelly, died early yesterday morning. He was truly one of a kind---- the kindest, gentlest man I have ever known.

As we prepare for his funeral and for our first Christmas without him, please pray for us. I know Dad would want us to be happy and celebrate his life. He was and is my hero-----my Dad!

DotMom61
12-21-2006, 09:27 AM
I want to post this here on the Illinois knitters page because you are the people I have met and "know" the best on KH. My Dad, Robert Kelly, died early yesterday morning. He was truly one of a kind---- the kindest, gentlest man I have ever known.

As we prepare for his funeral and for our first Christmas without him, please pray for us. I know Dad would want us to be happy and celebrate his life. He was and is my hero-----my Dad!

Oh, Mary. My heart goes out to you. I hope that you come to feel the peace we felt when my Mom passed. Blessings to you & your family.

Kirochka
12-21-2006, 09:28 AM
I'm so sorry, Mary! You're in my thoughts! :heart:

Andrea
12-21-2006, 10:19 AM
Oh, Mary :pout: I'm so sorry :heart:

:grphug:

kimmie
12-21-2006, 10:25 AM
Mary,
I am so sorry. I can tell you loved your Daddy very much.
Gentle hugs,
Kim

sara_jayne
12-21-2006, 10:54 AM
Mary,

You and your family will be in our thoughts. I'm so sorry for your loss. :heart: :heart: :heart:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

VickiIL
12-21-2006, 11:33 AM
I'm so sorry Mary. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

Julie
12-21-2006, 02:28 PM
(((Mary))) I'm so sorry for your loss. But what a gift that you had such a loving father to whom you were so close. :heart: :heart: :heart:

MaryB
12-21-2006, 04:45 PM
Thank you for all your kind thoughts and warm hugs. We were lucky to have Dad for the many years that we did, and we rejoice that he is now reunited with Mom.

May you all have the happiest of holidays.---------Go hug your families!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

CraftyOwl
12-21-2006, 06:41 PM
Hi IL knitters! I met a handful of you at Chix with Stix (in Forest Park) at Kelly's birthday.

Now that my finals are over, I have a chance to explore this site a bit.

Hope to see you all again soon!

Alyssa

Hildegard_von_Knittin
12-21-2006, 07:19 PM
:hug: :heart: :hug: Mary! We'll be thinking of you.

mwedzi
12-22-2006, 10:25 AM
Hi IL knitters! I met a handful of you at Chix with Stix (in Forest Park) at Kelly's birthday.

Alyssa

Oh, hey Alyssa! I met you that day. Welcome to the site!

ETA: Mary, I just saw your post. So sorry for your loss. :heart:

KellyK
12-22-2006, 10:45 AM
Hey Alyssa! :waving: Im ALSO glad that you joined the group on Wednesday night!!

:hug: :heart: :heart: :heart: MARY! :heart: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Ill be sending all kinds of LUV your way!!

DotMom61
12-22-2006, 08:23 PM

Alyssa

Hi Alyssa!! Good to see you here. Rob called me the week after we met you @ Chix and said he'd run into you @ church!! Too funny! I'm glad to see you tracked us down here.

How did finals go?

Andrea
12-27-2006, 11:22 AM
When's our next get together?? :tap:

Anyone up for the first weekend in January? I'm off :shrug:

Any yarn shops open on a Sunday? Chris is busy all day and I'm not going with him...even a Chix day??

Please

Somebody!

mwedzi
12-27-2006, 06:00 PM
When's our next get together?? :tap:

Anyone up for the first weekend in January? I'm off :shrug:

Any yarn shops open on a Sunday? Chris is busy all day and I'm not going with him...even a Chix day??

Please

Somebody!

I'm still out of town. Until Jan 9th. Y'all should come down my way to Loopy Yarns. They have the most open hours of any yarn shop I've seen, open every day, weekdays until 8:30pm (at least in dec, don't know about jan.), and i think til 6pm on weekends. And they are fabulous people. Wait for me, though.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
12-29-2006, 08:40 AM
I'm open, but I am having a fear of crowded public places lately. :shrug: Can't we come to your house andrea? :flirt:

DotMom61
12-30-2006, 03:15 AM
Hild? :pout: Are you really??? (or did I miss something somewhere ... more likely :shifty:)

Don't know if I'll be able to make an outing, but I'm keeping tabs here.

BTW, Andrea, I was in your neck of the woods earlier today. We saw an AlgoPo w/ someone pulled over just S. of Algonquin Commons about 5:45. I would imagine you were still @ home then, though, eh?

Andrea
12-30-2006, 08:37 PM
Nope, not me, Julie...

Perhaps I could have a knit together at my house :thinking:

We'll see :shrug:

DotMom61
12-31-2006, 01:47 AM
I would *really* try to come if it was at *your* house, Andrea! :shifty: You're close, and it would be terrific to see everyone!

BTW ... what pattern are you using for your convertible mittens???

KellyK
12-31-2006, 01:52 AM
Chix is open on Sundays... 12-4, but as I have SPAYSHUL access, I could open us early or close late...

Hild, you're still okay at chix, right? :pout:

itsjustmeghan
12-31-2006, 03:11 PM
just thought i'd pipe in. i'm new here, but everybody seems so nice and friendly. i haven't gotten a chance to go through all of these posts, but i'm an Illinois girl!
we live in Batavia and both DH and i work in Schaumburg. DS goes to daycare in Elk Grove.

hopefully there will be some neighboring knitters! most forums i've been on seem to have all city people, no suburbanites!

so, nice to meet all of you!

Andrea
12-31-2006, 03:48 PM
Hi Meghan!! :muah: We are all Suburbanites!!! Some more than others :teehee: I live in Crystal Lake.

How many people would want to come play at my house? If it's just a couple then Chris is less likely to have a heart attack :teehee: If it's more, I say Chix :shrug:

VickiIL
12-31-2006, 07:18 PM
When are we talking about? I could sure use a knit-together!

Andrea
12-31-2006, 07:27 PM
I was thinking as soon as next Sunday (week from today) :shrug:

DotMom61
01-03-2007, 06:50 PM
Well, my Dad is still going to be here this weekend. So, I won't be able to make it ... don't let that stop you, though, 'cause who knows when I'll next be able to join you! :pout:

Hi Meghan! :waving: I'm just up the road from you in St. Charles!! I hope you can come join us at one of our gatherings!

LeslieA
01-04-2007, 03:36 PM
I wanna come play too! But I don't think this weekend will be good. I'll keep watching to see what you all come up with though.

mwedzi
01-09-2007, 10:59 AM
What about this upcoming Sunday? I'm free, at least, if anyone wants to get together to eat and knit.

sara_jayne
01-09-2007, 03:52 PM
Get Together Announcement!!!!

Dilly, SJ & SJ's DH will be at The Yarn Shoppe (http://www.theyarnshoppe.net/43.html) in Davenport Iowa on Friday, Feburary 9th and we'd like others to join us! It isn't too far away for the IL crowd and this is your chance to meet Dilly & Shaner!

We were thinking about meeting there around 1PM (I've gotten the okay from the LYS owner) and then we can knit for a bit and then grab something to eat.

If you are interested please let me know!! We hope lots of people can come!

Kirochka
01-12-2007, 01:50 PM
FYI, Chicagoist article on knitting here (http://www.chicagoist.com/archives/2007/01/12/get_your_knit_on.php).

mwedzi
01-17-2007, 06:12 PM
I went to the Stitching Salon. I was going to the Ann Taylor Loft on Randolph, as I saw a sweater online for sale that was out of my size online, but in stock at that store. I got off the bus and what did I see?! A multicolored sign with big balls of yarn on it. Sweet. I knitted a square with crocheted ruffled edging and attached it to the amorphous piece that is the composite work of knitters and crocheters from all over. Very cool.

DotMom61
01-23-2007, 09:53 AM
Annie Modesitt is going to be at Wool & Co!!!

See here (http://www.woolandcompany.net/AbsoluteNewsletter/Update_January_22_2007.htm)

swarthygirl
02-01-2007, 01:53 AM
Hey, thought I'd introduce myself as itsjustmegan did a page back. Hi, I'm Katie! I live in the western suburbs, but I go to Chix pretty often. In fact, I measured my boyfriend's head in there just last weekend. I live at the U of I most of the year, though, so I use Needleworks down here pretty often.

Count me in for any knit-togethers; I'd love experienced people telling me *exactly* what I'm doing wrong.

Now you may return to your scheduled thread.

DotMom61
02-01-2007, 11:44 AM
Hi Swarthygirl! And welcome! I'm in the far western suburbs -- Geneva/St. Charles area.

And, now that I think about it, I've been at Chix more in the past couple of months than my own LYS. :lol: Kelly has something to do w/ that, of course.

Incidentally, I grew up in Champaign & both parents worked @ the U of I, and I have nephew there now, too. What are you studying?

It's great to see more and more Illinoisians coming on here!!! The more the merrier!

Andrea
02-01-2007, 11:46 AM
:blooby: Yay Illinois!!!

Welcome! I have a feeling I met you at Chix once...I think you were working on something and needed yarn before you went back to school. :thinking:

I'm in Crystal Lake.

swarthygirl
02-01-2007, 06:47 PM
I have a feeling I met you at Chix once...I think you were working on something and needed yarn before you went back to school.

Yeah, that's probably me. That's my weekends; I go up, have a blissful Saturday, and realize on Sunday that I need 18 things before I go back down. If I was buying cotton and/or mohair and looking very overwhelmed, that's *definitely* me.

And, now that I think about it, I've been at Chix more in the past couple of months than my own LYS. :lol: Kelly has something to do w/ that, of course.

I very much like Chix, and I even once met the fabulous Kelly! I was so awesomed-out.

Incidentally, I grew up in Champaign & both parents worked @ the U of I, and I have nephew there now, too. What are you studying?

I'm majoring in English and hopefully getting a masters in Library Science here. A knitting librarian; that's not cliched at all, right?

DotMom61
02-01-2007, 07:43 PM
I'm majoring in English and hopefully getting a masters in Library Science here. A knitting librarian; that's not cliched at all, right?

I think 90% of the librarians at our library knit. Every time I check out a new knitting book, they have to give it a once over. :lol: They know me pretty well by now, what w/ the homeschooling and all.

You'll have to come join us on one of our outings. Are you up here most weekends?

itsjustmeghan
02-03-2007, 06:27 PM
i'd be interested in meeting up at chix the next time you guys go. i've never been there. i've been to wool & co a couple times for supplies. otherwise, i spent a lot of time in have ewe any wool in elmhurst when i first learned to knit. seems like a bunch of IL folk are working on the wicked sweater right now. it'd be nice to see hte works in progress in person. i'm ordering my yarn today.
i have an 11mo old son, and i hate to say but i need some me time! and what better way to do that then go to a yarn store for a couple hours? hahaha

i graduated from u of i. instrumental music education. lived in urbana the whole time i was down there, but came home all the time on weekends. at that time, i wasn't a knitter. but crocheted like mad!

itsjustmeghan
02-03-2007, 07:02 PM
i'd be interested in meeting up at chix the next time you guys go. i've never been there. i've been to wool & co a couple times for supplies. otherwise, i spent a lot of time in have ewe any wool in elmhurst when i first learned to knit. seems like a bunch of IL folk are working on the wicked sweater right now. it'd be nice to see hte works in progress in person. i'm ordering my yarn today.
i have an 11mo old son, and i hate to say but i need some me time! and what better way to do that then go to a yarn store for a couple hours? hahaha

i graduated from u of i. instrumental music education. lived in urbana the whole time i was down there, but came home all the time on weekends. at that time, i wasn't a knitter. but crocheted like mad!

Andrea
02-07-2007, 09:11 PM
Attention Girlfriends!

I'll probably ask this in my blog too, but I want to find out who's interested in the Trivia Night in March. It's on Friday, March 16th (6 o clock or so, maybe later)

Julie (DM) and Karen came last year and we had FUN! Angelia will be in town for this one, and I want to try to get a somewhat "definitive" answer regarding who else is coming. My DH wants to know because he, again, is in charge of it.

It's at the Golf Club of Illinois located in Algonquin (same as last year).

It's a lot of fun!! 10 rounds of 10 questions each ranging from pop culture to sports to history to science (?) to whatever. It is so much fun!

Please let me know ASAP who wants to come. DHs are definitely invited!

Tables are 8-10 people. So far it's me and Ang for sure. I know Sara Jayne and her DH were planning on coming too!

I believe it's $20/person, and there is free food and CASH bar!

Who's in?!?! :cheering:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
02-07-2007, 11:54 PM
MEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!1

and maybe DH, but I'm not sure about the open bar situation...

SJ, you and Shaner can stay with me if you want to! (I'll turn the computer off the the spare room this time :teehee: )

swarthygirl
02-08-2007, 03:02 AM
You'll have to come join us on one of our outings. Are you up here most weekends?

Almost every other one; me and my boyfriend switch of as to who travels to see each other.

We've got a great music program here. My roommate is majoring in flute performance and I've learned so much about music "cliques"! It's like being an orchestra groupie, hanging around her. And word on Urbana; both my dorms have been here and my apartment next year will be too. I've never tried Have Ewe Any Wool, but I should check that out sometime. It's so close to me, and I like having recommendations.

Oh, and just to be on-topic:
I might be in for trivia, if I'm up that weekend. So a definite maybe. (though I don't know if I qualify to be invited...also, what's a DH?)

sara_jayne
02-08-2007, 08:34 AM
Count Shaner and I in as definates! We don't know where we'll be staying yet but we'll figure that out!

Andrea
02-08-2007, 10:28 AM

SJ, you and Shaner can stay with me if you want to! (I'll turn the computer off the the spare room this time :teehee: )

SJ? Looks like you have a place!

So,

me
Ang
Hild
Deano (?)
SJ
Shane

???????????????????????????????? MORE????

Andrea
02-08-2007, 11:02 AM

I edited my post...it is cash bar :hug:

DotMom61
02-08-2007, 03:31 PM
Looks like DH and I are coming, too!

Andrea
02-08-2007, 04:35 PM
:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

itsjustmeghan
02-08-2007, 08:42 PM
We've got a great music program here. My roommate is majoring in flute performance and I've learned so much about music "cliques"! It's like being an orchestra groupie, hanging around her.

yeah...it's kinda creepy...they all date eachother...live together...etc...
i liken it to a cult. or a highschool...especially because they have lockers in the music building. hahaha

...also, what's a DH?)

Dear Husband
i had to ask when i first doing forums too...
you'll also see
DS= dear son DD= dear daughter
DGS=dear grand son DGD=dear grand daughter

so many abbreviations! hahaha

i'm a party pooper on the trivia...i have a little dude of mine (DS) that i'm still nursing. and i'm kinda anxious about crowds. does sound fun, though...i do love trivia! :pout:

i hope to hear funny stories!

Kirochka
02-10-2007, 09:55 AM
Brook, Sunflower Samplings has (based on my one visit there) great stuff, but if the people there are nice to you, you must alert the presses - it'll be a newsworthy event...! :wink: :tap:

itsjustmeghan
02-10-2007, 02:27 PM
:teehee:
that's pretty funny. seems like the old school knit stores that used to be around here were like that too. knitting snobs. i hated making eye contact or asking questions. and heaven forbid if you asked about crocheting!!! :oops: they were all too good for that nonsense!

now? the newer stores opening have younger blood and i guess a more "liberal" approach to knitting. i love it!

itsjustmeghan
02-10-2007, 02:51 PM
out of curiosity,
when are you getting together to knit next? i'd love to get together and knit with people. everyone is so nice and helpful on this board. i'm addicted to reading everything and seeing all the different personalities! hoping to make some friends in the area that have the same interests as me (knitting and kitties, hahahaha)

oh,

i don't know if this has been done. wanna post ages, kids, furbaby info, that kinda stuff?
i'm sure most of you know eachother pretty well (judging by the parties and get togethers)
i'm 28. married to ryan for 5 years in june. i have a 1 yr old boy named owen. and i have 2 kitties. bob is a giant orange mainecoon. and hana maru is a petite longhaired calico. i'm an underwriter at a mortgage company, but was a instrumental music teacher in my prior life. i started teaching knitting/crochet for fun in my office every friday at lunch and have about 15 students. i've been crocheting for 10 years, and knitting for 3. i'm totally addicted. :D

itsjustmeghan
02-13-2007, 01:21 PM
:pout: :grrr:
we made ourselves drive to work today, and after we got into the traffic/snow around woodfield, i'm wishing we stayed home!
we're going to try to leave work early today, though. so i'm hoping to get my sweater started this afternoon...i'm jealous!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
02-13-2007, 06:49 PM
I'm pretty much snowed in! We've gotten 9 inches since I went to bed last night, on top of whatever we had leftover from last week AND the 4 we got yesterday. It totally sucks.

So we're doing the Trivia Night in March, but is there an actual Knit2gether in March??? I want to put Unique Yarns in Rockford out there as a possibility, the people are VERY friendly, and the seection is awesome.

Wish2Knit
02-14-2007, 12:46 AM
Hi from a new user here!

I am in Chicago proper..I've been posting for a knitting group/meeting/etc. for over a month now. I'd be willing to do Naperville/St. Charles on a weeknight 'only' if I were sure there would be shows as it were. I'm also very interested in perhaps starting a Chicagoland and beyond knit n bitch/stitch/etc. closer to home if anyone is available.

Here's the scoop for me and how I feel. I'm a novice knitter, very scared of yarns and such. I went to my LYS on Sunday..they were all so busy being crafty that I felt like an intrusion. I've only been to Joanns and Michaels previously. Yeah, I've never spent 20 bucks on a skein before and am not sure I need to but I am very sure that I need instruction on my knitting habits!

Thanks for listening!

Lis

swarthygirl
02-14-2007, 02:40 PM
U of I got *completely* snowed in yesterday. We're now having the first two-consecutive snowdays in a row since the fifties! I'm so excited.

Julie
02-17-2007, 10:54 AM
Did y'all see???????

Stephanie Pearl McPhee is coming to Chicagoland -- she'll be at Borders Oakbrook on April 3rd!!!!

I am so excited, as she was in the city last time and there was no way I had enough time to haul it all the way down there after my DH got home from work. But now she's coming to the suburbs :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

KellyK
02-17-2007, 11:59 AM
Andrea... Im IN for Trivia night... Ill talk to Al today.

Welcome to all the new ILians!!!!

Im ALL ABOUT going to Oakbrook for SPM!! That's 20 minutes straight down the street from me! Ya wanna meet here & do dinner first???

Yarn Doc
02-17-2007, 08:04 PM
I am also totally up for SPM but my sister's birthday is that day. But it looks like that's a tuesday so we may not be doing any celebrating that day. We'll see. But if I am relieved of my sisterly duties, I'm definitely going.

Hey Wish2Knit, I am in Chicago proper too. I sometimes go to the Stitch n Bitch in Lincoln Park on Tuesdays and to the Loopy Yarn one on Fridays. PM if you want to know more about it! We can go together. :)

KellyK
02-17-2007, 08:12 PM
AND, she goes to the one at Chix with Stix in Forest Park on Wednesdays! Linda... you are just a little knitty butterfly, arentcha now?? :teehee:

Yarn Doc
02-17-2007, 09:06 PM
Considering I just learned how to knit....

Maybe I should knit myself some butterfly wings! :cheering:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
02-22-2007, 10:02 PM
ooooo SPM!!!!!!!!! And it's a good date... KK, my mom is coming to visit and she'll be leaving on April 2nd... soooooo since I'll be in the area...... :flirt:

Kirochka
02-24-2007, 03:15 PM
Anyone been to Fishbed Knitting Emporium in Dundee yet? I went by there last Sunday, but it was closed (and didn't have store hours posted :grrr: ). But I peered in the window and it looked interesting... so someday it'll be worth checking out.

(They don't have a website, either, at least based on my searching...)

MaryB
02-24-2007, 08:08 PM
I was there in Nov., shortly after they opened. The shop is nice and Deb, the owner, is very friendly. The stock was good and she was expecting some additional orders.

Definitely worth a trip.

Andrea
02-25-2007, 12:02 PM
I still haven't gotten there :grrr:

SPM might be FUN!!! :thinking:

ReneeKnits
02-25-2007, 12:36 PM
Hey IL knitters!

Have any of you been to TLD in Westmont? I went on Friday and they have spinning classes (you get to use their wheels), weaving, glass bead making, and machine knitting basics! It was a fiber heaven - more of a workshop than a knitting shop but they did have hand-dyed yarns made by the owner and yarns for sale from cones. Oh, and they also had yarn dying classes.

All-in-all it was a really cool fiber workshop!

And, I've had this knitting machine sitting in a box for far too long so now I am going to take a class... Yipee!

Renee

itsjustmeghan
02-25-2007, 12:52 PM
i've been wanting to take a spinning class. i bought a drop spindle beginning kit, and as much as i watch the videos online and read the directions, i can't get the hang of this thing! it's been sitting in my stash bin for the past 2 years now.... :shrug:
i'd LOVE to take a spinning class! hmmm...
i think they have a fiber arts school out here in batavia/saint charles area....i might have to check it out!

ReneeKnits
02-25-2007, 01:07 PM
I've never been out to the fiber school in that area but I'd love to! As you might be able to tell, I'm addicted to all things fiber...I suppose it could be worse! :teehee:

I did a drop spindle class about 5 years ago and I enjoyed it very much but I think a hands on class would be the way to go since there were so many little things that could go wrong. Believe me, I would need to take another class to pull that thing out again!

I see you are making the Wicked...how is it going? I have such itchy fingers wanting to start that sweater but I must finish up at least one project before I begin another - mainly because I refuse to buy another size 7 circular just to begin yet another project.

Renee

urban_artisan
03-05-2007, 04:40 PM
Holy cow! 154 pages... I can't begin to search through all those pages, but I thought I'd introduce myself anyway! I live in the NW Chicago suburbs. I have a nearly three year-old son and five year-old step-daughter; I work as a technical writer as well as attend classes at NIU. I have absolutely no spare time, so knitting (and crafting) is a guilty pleasure for me :eyes:

Petals
03-05-2007, 06:47 PM
:waving: Although I don't think I've every posted here, I live in the far west burbs. Sounds like you have a full plate! This forum is great! Don't even have to leave the house to get all the answers to your questions! Welcome!

Andrea
03-06-2007, 11:24 AM
Welcome everyone!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

We really should plan another get together soon!

I am off the first two weekends in April, the first weekend is Easter weekend, but how's the second weekend look for everyone??

:thinking: (Not that it's all about ME and MY days off, but I thought I'd get the ball rolling :teehee: )

MaryB
03-06-2007, 11:39 AM
The second week-end in April----MY BIRTHDAY WEEK-END (Yes, I get a whole week-end)! :cheering: I might be able to tear myself away from the festivities.

I think it is time for an IL gathering! :happydance:

Petals
03-06-2007, 11:41 AM
Don't know if this is the right place to post this but thought I'd try.

Does anyone know if UY or Wool& Co. has Addi lace needles? I am heading one direction or other today. Neither is open yet to call--

Andrea
03-06-2007, 12:53 PM
The second week-end in April----MY BIRTHDAY WEEK-END (Yes, I get a whole week-end)! :cheering: I might be able to tear myself away from the festivities.

I think it is time for an IL gathering! :happydance:

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: You get the whole MONTH, Mary, in my opinion!!!!!

Let's DOOOOOOOOO ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

And Petals, I don't know...I would call.. (what's UY??)

Petals
03-06-2007, 01:34 PM
Unique Yarns in Rockford. I called neither had them :verysad: So, just went to LYS and got dps and addi circs

Andrea
03-06-2007, 01:46 PM
That's good too!! :cheering:

urban_artisan
03-06-2007, 07:50 PM
The first weekend in April is my son's birthday, but since it is Easter, we will have his party the following weekend... so April's not looking so hot for me. I would totally love to meet up!

I'm not sure where everyone is located, but maybe we frequent the same LYS and don't even know it! I have only visited The Gifted Purl (http://giftedpurl.com/site/) in West Dundee, but I've heard there are shops in Barrington. I'm located in the Schaumburg/Hoffman Estates area.

I think it would be neat to organize meet-ups at different shops around the area!

ReneeKnits
03-06-2007, 08:12 PM
Thanks for getting the ball rolling Andrea! I'm in for either weekend and would love to meet yall!

:cheering:
Renee

IrishKnitter
03-06-2007, 08:40 PM
Hello fellow Illinoisians!

That second weekend in April sounds good, at least at this point! A get together would be fun. My LYS is Fringe, near Fox Valley Mall in Aurora, but I'd definitely be open to any location. I always love checking out new stores!! :)

KellyK
03-07-2007, 12:54 AM
Im available the 2nd weekend in April!!

(Aren't I, Renee?? :flirt: )

ReneeKnits
03-07-2007, 02:10 AM
We sure are Kelly and we can carpool!

Yipeeeee! I'm so excited to meet everyone :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-07-2007, 07:47 PM
I might be available. Depends on where we meet and when.

IrishKnitter
03-08-2007, 12:37 AM
It seems like the weekend in April right after Easter has been (somewhat) agreed upon...am I correct? Do we have any suggestions for locations? I'm pretty flexible...as long as it's within an hour, I'll drive it! :teehee:

sara_jayne
03-08-2007, 01:27 AM
:flirt: Can an Iowa girl join if it works out? :flirt:

KellyK
03-08-2007, 10:40 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :woot: :cheering: :cheering:

What about Long Grove? We've never been there..... or Rockford.....

Kirochka
03-08-2007, 12:39 PM
For purely selfish reasons (I know how to get there and it's close-ish), I'd vote for Rockford...

... and whoever wants a tattoo can go to Rock City and ask for Rose!

(OK, never mind that last bit, but it's in Rockford... :teehee: )

Second weekend in April works for me, far as I know (not third weekend, though).

ETA: Anyone been to Fishbed in Dundee yet? Wonder if that's a good spot... :thinking:

DotMom61
03-08-2007, 12:57 PM

I can't go the 2nd weekend in April. I have a wedding to attend.

Petals
03-08-2007, 04:22 PM
Hi,

It would be nice to meet some of you. I might be able to do the Rockford thing. I least I wouldn't get lost :oops: What can I say---I've lived here a while and still don't know my way around!

Kirochka
03-08-2007, 04:30 PM
I've realized I'm not exactly sure what everyone means by "second weekend in April," given that April starts on a Sunday... I've been assuming this means 7-8 April. If it means 14-15 April, I won't be able to do that weekend...

DotMom61
03-08-2007, 06:32 PM
I took it to mean the 14th and 15th. I can't make either weekend, anyway. :(

Andrea
03-08-2007, 10:40 PM
Whatever the weekend after Easter weekend is what I had in mind :thinking:

However, that's right around the Sgts test...I forgot :pout: I might not be able to make it...unless the test is the week before, then I'll want to do a little :clink:

:teehee: Rockford would be fun!

The YS in Long Grove sucks.

KellyK
03-09-2007, 12:13 AM
I dont know which weekend was meant... I just know Ill be there! :shrug:

urban_artisan
03-09-2007, 12:23 AM
I'm not sure if I can make it, but if I can widdle the time... I would LOVE to meet in Long Grove. I :heart: Long Grove!

MaryB
03-09-2007, 12:36 AM
The week-end after Easter is not going to work for me. The family is arriving so I can feed them my birthday breakfast, lunch and dinner! :shrug:

Long Grove is about 10 minutes from my house--------but I seldom go there. Rockford or East and/or West Dundee are good choices.

ReneeKnits
03-09-2007, 11:36 AM
Easter weekend is the 7th & 8th so I was thinking it was the weekend of 4/14 & 15. Does this sound like the weekend you all were thinking of? Either way, I'm in and can't wait to meet you all! :happydance:

IrishKnitter
03-09-2007, 09:10 PM
I guess I was assuming the weekend after Easter as well. :shrug:

I know some people can't make it :pout: , but is that still a good weekend for some people? Have we decided on a place to meet yet? I'm open to suggestions...like I said, I :heart: :heart: checking out new shops!!!

itsjustmeghan
03-10-2007, 12:34 AM
if it's okay, i'd be down for meeting everybody! anytime in april is good with me! rockford is a ways away, though....i think it'd all come down to location for me. i'll definately try to make it! just let me know where you are all meeting up!

if anyone is down, Knitche in downers grove is pretty nice. they sell baked goods and espresso/lattes etc as well as lots of yarns. they have couches!
http://www.knitche.com/
downtown downers is pretty cute too.

wool & co in geneva is nice. people there are always helpful as well.

i've never been to the one near fox valley mall in aurora, but i'd definately check it out!

let me know where you decide to go!

wildforyarn
03-10-2007, 02:10 PM
Depending on where it is, I MAY be able to make it this time. Will have to check my work schedule though, I may work, which would make it difficult since the drive would be about 2-3 hours away, depending on where it is. :)

So, when a place is picked, let me know!

Kirochka
03-13-2007, 09:43 AM
Have you all decided then that the date is 14 April? If so, have a good time, and I'll catch you all at some other point (I'll be out of town that day).

IrishKnitter
03-13-2007, 09:57 PM
Just out of curiosity...who is in for a knit-together on 4/14? I know that DotMom and Kirochka said they weren't able to make it, but I just thought I'd see who would be in attendance. Should we try and reschedule? :shrug:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-13-2007, 11:12 PM
The 14th works for me!!!

sara you could visit meeeeeeeee :flirt: I have a special hammack for guests!

Unique Yarns in Rockford is *really* nice.

IrishKnitter
03-13-2007, 11:15 PM
Unique Yarns in Rockford sounds good to me! Plus, it's more in north/central IL, so maybe SaraJayne and any other Iowans could make the trip too?

CarmenIbanez
03-13-2007, 11:17 PM
So. The Illinois knitters blog has 158 pages. And I can't find ANY knitters KNEAR me. :pout:

ReneeKnits
03-13-2007, 11:54 PM
The 14th works for me and Rockford sounds good too.

Renee

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-14-2007, 12:23 AM
I'll call them tomorrow and see if they can accomodate us! :happydance:

Yarn Doc
03-14-2007, 01:30 AM
Sorry, cannot do Rockford. I'm trying to study and apply for fellowships AND knit all at the same time. Poo. Rockford's just too far from the city for me. Maybe next time!

Kirochka
03-14-2007, 08:30 AM
Off topic, but Illinois-related - does anyone in the NW suburbs know a good house painting service? Preferably one they've used and had good luck with? Later this spring we're going to want to have our house painted... so I'm beginning to think about options. PM me if you have a suggestion.

Thanks... back to your regularly scheduled programming! :teehee:

Petals
03-14-2007, 08:37 AM
Oh, if you decide Rockford I'd like to come . Like to meet you guys! I love Unique Yarns!

Andrea
03-14-2007, 10:47 AM
Karen, I don't :pout:

UY on the 14th sounds FUN!!! I hope the Sgt exam is before that (I think it is!) :cheering:

ReneeKnits
03-14-2007, 11:25 AM
Why not Andrea - you've gotta explain.

Kirochka
03-14-2007, 12:28 PM
Uh, why doesn't she know a house-painter? :??

DotMom61
03-14-2007, 05:28 PM
Karen -- I *think* we used College Best Painters a couple of years ago. They did a good job and were fairly reasonable, if I remember correctly. We worked w/ a guy named "Joe," but it's been so long ago, I can't remember his last name.

IrishKnitter
03-15-2007, 12:49 AM
I was looking up Unique Yarns in Rockford--it looks awesome!!

Look at all that knitting space!! :cheering: :cheering:

http://www.uniqueyarnsinc.com/aboutus/aboutus.htm

Andrea
03-15-2007, 01:15 AM
Karen -- I *think* we used College Best Painters a couple of years ago. They did a good job and were fairly reasonable, if I remember correctly. We worked w/ a guy named "Joe," but it's been so long ago, I can't remember his last name.
Sounds like a great recommendation!!! :thumbsup:

ReneeKnits
03-15-2007, 08:37 AM
Andrea, I thought Your "I don't" was your reply to Unique Yarns and that you didn't like that store ...that's why I wanted an explanation. :oops:

Kirochka
03-15-2007, 08:53 AM
Thanks, Julie!

DotMom61
03-15-2007, 10:15 AM
Sounds like a great recommendation!!! :thumbsup:

I know. I know. You just shamed me into going to look for the paperwork, and I can't find it. We usually keep all of that stuff, and it's not there.

I did, however, run across a flyer from College Pro (http://www.collegepro.com) painting, and that makes me wonder if perhaps that's the one we used instead. :wall: I do know that it was one of the two, and they did a good job. :shrug: Sorry I can't be of more help, Karen.

Kirochka
03-15-2007, 10:30 AM
It's okay! We've just had some bad luck with contractors (chimney-cleaners especially), where they don't show up at all when they say they will - with the chimney-cleaners, one company even claimed they showed up and we weren't there, which was an outright lie - although claiming you'll show up and not doing so is a lie too, come to think of it.

Anyway, so I just thought finding out who actually does a good job from someone's experience would be a good start! But no worries... :hug:

Andrea
03-15-2007, 10:31 AM
It's ok, DM :hug: You tried. :shrug:

Renee :hug:

Shandeh
03-15-2007, 01:46 PM
I wish I could come to your next get-together! :pout:
I would LOVE to meet all you guys! :hug:

sara_jayne
03-15-2007, 01:49 PM
Looks like Shaner and I will be making it to the knit-together on the 14th! :thumbsup:

He & Hildie are going to see the :!!!: Auqa Teen Hungerforce movie on the 13th then we'll come up to Rockford with Hildie on Saturday.

Another new yarn store to venture too! :happydance:

IrishKnitter
03-15-2007, 07:02 PM
Excellent! So here's who is coming so far, I think...

--Hildie
--KellyK
--SJ (and Shaner) :teehee:
--Renee
--Petals
--Andrea
--LeslieA
--IrishKnitter (Kate)

Did I miss anyone? I can't wait! :cheering:

ReneeKnits
03-15-2007, 09:57 PM
Yipee! :happydance:

Shandeh
03-15-2007, 11:52 PM
Put me on the list, and help me figure out a way to get up there! :pout:

lissalue
03-16-2007, 12:17 AM
Put me on the list, and help me figure out a way to get up there! :pout:

What, us NC knitters aren't good enough for you anymore? :verysad:

just kidding :teehee: if you figure out a way to get there, let me know, i want to go too!!

IrishKnitter
03-16-2007, 12:33 AM
Cab ride to airport: $25

Round trip flight from Charlotte to Chicago: $175

Yarn purchases: $100

Having Shandeh and Lissalue in Chicago for Knit-Together: PRICELESS.

Shandeh
03-16-2007, 12:35 AM
:teehee: Well, I've gotta go check our budget now, because it sure sounds like fun. :hug:

ReneeKnits
03-16-2007, 09:01 AM
Hey you NC ladies - We'd love to have you! I get great prices on flights through Southwest Airlines when I fly to NC. Check it out cause you know you are always welcome. And I'd just love to have a few other NC gals to hang out and knit with.

:muah: Renee

Shandeh
03-16-2007, 11:20 AM
I started thinking hard about it last night, and I think that maybe I should hold off until there is a YARN convention of sorts. Isn't there a Stitches or Threads show going on up there this year?

LeslieA
03-16-2007, 02:37 PM
Hi!

A little birdy told me that there is going to be a gathering in Rockford.

I want to come!!!!!! I badly need some out of my house therapy.....

Plan on my coming!!!!!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Leslie

lissalue
03-16-2007, 02:48 PM
I started thinking hard about it last night, and I think that maybe I should hold off until there is a YARN convention of sorts. Isn't there a Stitches or Threads show going on up there this year?

yeah, me too. sandy, we could travel together, that would be neato!!

and thanks for saying you want me to come illinoisians :teehee:

IrishKnitter
03-16-2007, 04:10 PM
There's some sort of Fiber Fest in July...hold on, here's the website.

Fiber Fest Fair Thingy (http://www.fiberandfolk.com/home.html)

And then Stitches Midwest is in August.

Stitches (http://www.knittinguniverse.com/flash/events/EventDetail.php?EventID=36)

I missed most of the discussion, but I think some people are coming out for one of those two events.

:waving: Hi LeslieA! I'll add you to the list. :)

IrishKnitter
03-16-2007, 06:13 PM
I'll call them tomorrow and see if they can accomodate us! :happydance:

Hi Hildie! I was just wondering if you heard anything from UY?

Here's the list again, FYI.

--Hildie
--KellyK
--SJ (and Shaner)
--Renee
--Petals
--Andrea
--LeslieA
--IrishKnitter (Kate)

Shandeh
03-16-2007, 07:57 PM
There's some sort of Fiber Fest in July. And then Stitches Midwest is in August.

Thanks Kate! :hug: That fiber fest is VERY appealing to me! :muah:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-18-2007, 09:15 PM
Uhm.... no, because I forgot to call them. :shifty:

I'll call them tomorrow. (monday). For Real. Honest. Promise.

seriously.

i mean it.

4 realz k-knitizzles

stop scrolling and go post something.

IrishKnitter
03-18-2007, 09:59 PM
:roflhard: :rofl: :roflhard: :rofl: :roflhard:
Hildie!

Thanks for calling!! :muah:

ReneeKnits
03-18-2007, 10:04 PM
:roflhard:

That was funny Hildie!!!! :rofl:

Thanks for calling...it's gonna be such fun!!!! :cheering: :happydance:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-19-2007, 12:42 PM
I hil :!!!: enLARIOUS!!!

I called... the store closes at 3:00 on Saturdays, so I booked us a spot for 9 people (so far... I told her that could change to more) at 11:00am. I know that's *kinda* early, but if we went at 1 we'd only have 2 hours there... I figure if we get there at 11, we can still stay for only 2 hours, (if we want) and then go get food.

I made sure I sounded all official when i called too... "Hi, this is Carolyn from the Knittinghelp.com website.." and the lady was all like "oooo hi how are you????" like I was famous or something :teehee:

The owner wasn't available, so I didn't want to ask about a possible discount; I'll ask when I call back in a few weeks to confirm.

I was *thinking* that maybe they could use us as a marketing scheme... "Meet the people from Knitting Help" or something... :shrug:

IrishKnitter
03-19-2007, 01:30 PM
Thanks, Hildie! :thumbsup:

Andrea
03-20-2007, 10:00 AM
You are famous, Hildie!!!

We are ALL :!!!: famous!!!!!!!!!

:zombie: Diiiiiiiiiiiiscounts :zombie:

sara_jayne
03-20-2007, 10:09 AM
:zombie: Diiiiiiiiiiiiscounts :zombie:

:!!!: Yarn diets! :!!!:

I guess I'll have to find someone else to buy yarn for! :teehee:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-20-2007, 01:42 PM
:flirt:

Andrea
03-20-2007, 01:51 PM
:flirt:

sara_jayne
03-20-2007, 01:53 PM

Andrea - I'll be sure to put yours in a Target bag for you to take home! :rofl:

AnreeAce
03-20-2007, 02:13 PM

I like yarn.

sara_jayne
03-20-2007, 02:15 PM

I like yarn.

:noway: NO WAY!!! When did that obsession start? Another thing we have in common!

:teehee: :teehee: :teehee:

Andrea
03-20-2007, 02:26 PM

Andrea - I'll be sure to put yours in a Target bag for you to take home! :rofl:

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Yarn gifts are ok...until he says "Well, now YOU have to buy THEM something!!! It's a never ending cycle!!!!!!!!!"

sara_jayne
03-20-2007, 02:31 PM
:!!!: I spent a lot of money at his fundraiser, he should be :cheering: if you wanted to buy me a present.

I thought you might like the Target bag comment! :teehee:

Andrea
03-20-2007, 02:33 PM
You're right! :hug: (And April is quite a long way away...so...you know what I'm saying... :wink: )

I miss you too :pout:

KellyK
03-26-2007, 01:00 AM
Im all in for the 14th, no matter where we go... Linda, you COULD carpool, ya know!

IrishKnitter
03-29-2007, 10:43 PM
I know this is still two weeks away, but I just thought I'd double check and see who is still in for sure!

Can ya tell I'm excited?!?!?!?!!?!?! :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering:

sara_jayne
03-30-2007, 09:31 AM
Shaner and I are! :happydance:

Andrea
03-30-2007, 11:04 AM
I'll be there! :happydance:

Angelia
03-30-2007, 11:48 AM
I want to be there!!! :pout: I'm an honorary IL knitter, right? :flirt:

sara_jayne
03-30-2007, 11:50 AM
Yup! :thumbsup: Just like me & Shaner! (well, Shaner's even an honary knitter!)

Andrea
03-30-2007, 11:51 AM
I want to be there!!! :pout: I'm an honorary IL knitter, right? :flirt:

There's still time! :hug:

itsjustmeghan
03-31-2007, 08:19 PM
:pout: Rockford is hard for me to get to...we only have one car right now.
dang....i really wanted to meet everybody...
maybe next time? :shrug:

Julie
04-03-2007, 11:35 AM
Okay...who's going to see Stephanie Pearl-McPhee tonight!!?? :cheering:

I'll be there, knitting green socks with my handspun (on my blog) and I'll be wearing the kickin' socks that Allegra knit for me!! :heart: Come and say hi! :D

Andrea
04-03-2007, 01:10 PM
Gaaaaaaah
I wanna go, but I just can't :pout:

Julie
04-04-2007, 12:29 AM
It was such a blast!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

KellyK
04-04-2007, 10:57 AM
CRAP! How did I miss that?????? :!!!: :!!!: :!!!:

LeslieA
04-04-2007, 11:26 AM
I'll be there!!!! :cheering: :cheering:

Yarn Doc
04-04-2007, 01:01 PM
Um, I hate to break it to you, but...

It was yesterday.

And it was awesome. BUT, Amy Singer from knitty.com will be at Loopy yarns tonight.

LeslieA
04-04-2007, 02:28 PM
I thought we were talking about the get together in Rockford? :shrug:

Julie
04-04-2007, 08:11 PM
Yarn Doc....were you there? Are you by any chance a med student? :mrgreen:

Yarn Doc
04-05-2007, 11:44 AM
Oops, sorry LeslieA. I thought we were talking about Yarn Harlot. The Rockford thing is still on, but I will not be there. :verysad:

Julie - I was definitely there. But alas, med school was quite long time ago for me. I finished in 2003, and now I'm in my last year of residency. And looking for a fellowship (So if you know of any, let me know. :teehee: ). Were you at Borders or Loopy?

Julie
04-05-2007, 03:00 PM
I was at Borders :D and one of the knitters we were waiting in line behind was a med student.

Was it not the best? What were you knitting? We had so much fun. Her post about O'Hare is so freakin' funny and awful and touching...really, what a writer she is. She has such a gift for making *anything* entertaining. :D

Yarn Doc
04-05-2007, 11:08 PM
Ah. I was the sitting on the far right, wearing a black suit with pink shirt. I had to come straight from an interview, so I couldn't wear my "Yarn Ho" shirt. I was making a dark green Backyard Leaves scarf. Eventually I had to take my shoes off and go in my stockinged feet because those damn heels were KILLING ME.

IrishKnitter
04-05-2007, 11:20 PM
So glad to hear you enjoyed it, Julie and Linda! :cheering:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-07-2007, 11:49 PM
I'm gonna call the peeps on Tuesday, so I want to make sure I have the right number count:
--Hildie
--KellyK
--SJ
--Shane
--Renee
--Petals
--Andrea
--LeslieA
--IrishKnitter (Kate)

yes? anyone else?

IrishKnitter
04-08-2007, 09:52 PM
:woohoo: :woot: I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woot: :woohoo:

baronreads
04-11-2007, 12:28 PM
Hi ladies! I just stumbled on this website as I was looking for beginner knitting help. These forums look great and then I saw this area of finding knitters near you and was so excited! I am a brand new knitter. I learned as a child, but I don't think I've EVER done a whole project! :oops: I am in love with felted bags and really wanted to get back into it to make some of these. Anyways, I'm in the Western Suburbs and wanted to say HI to you all. It sounds like you are a WILD group of women and I look forward to getting to know you! :waving:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-12-2007, 12:00 PM
Hi Julie! Welcome to KH. Any chance you can join us in Rockford at Unique Yarns on Saturday? We're meeting at 11:00.

I just called UY to confirm; I said we had 11 people at 11:00 (I left a buffer zone for people, I think e reAlly only have 9). I also talked them into giving us 10% discount "referral cards" .... I don't know if that means we get to use them on Saturday or not. Also, they have one of those "card" systems... where you get a punch for every $$ you spend; you can certainly get one of those to earn a discount, too. orrrrrrrrrrr if you don't think you'll be back any time soon, you can punch my card for me :flirt:

Petals
04-12-2007, 01:44 PM
:fingerwag: Hilde you have to share the punch card thing :teehee:

KellyK
04-12-2007, 08:25 PM
If we share punches, she has to share the discount! :teehee:

Im ALL excited about Saturday!

Kate and I will be carpooling with Renee... she has room for a few more peeps if anyone needs a ride and is between here & Naperville or so!

IrishKnitter
04-12-2007, 08:57 PM
I can't wait!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

baronreads
04-12-2007, 09:03 PM
I won't be able to make this Sat., I have to work. But I am hoping to make the next one and be a more experienced knitter by then! :roflhard: Have a great time, I can't wait to hear how it went. I love to meet Internet friends IRL!

Petals
04-12-2007, 09:20 PM
I goin' to meet KH Celebrities! :happydance:

If anyone has KP Options could you bring a sample. I'd like to see what they look like. Thanks

IrishKnitter
04-12-2007, 09:39 PM
Petals, though I don't own any Options myself, I'm guessing the place will be drowning in KP Options with all these folks! :teehee:

Petals
04-12-2007, 09:47 PM
Ive been going to buy them several times--then ask myself do I really need them?? It would be my luck I'd get the ones with all the defects! My DH always says I attract trouble like a magnet! :teehee: Oh, the stories I can tell.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-12-2007, 11:28 PM
SJ has a set, and I'm sure she'll have them with her!!!

sara_jayne
04-13-2007, 12:23 AM
SJ has a set, and I'm sure she'll have them with her!!!

:teehee: Thanks for volunteering me, Hild! :teehee:

I'll bring 'em! I'll toss some DPNs in too just incase.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-13-2007, 12:38 AM
:oops:

ReneeKnits
04-13-2007, 09:23 AM
Saturday is almost here...literallly hours away and I'm sooooo excited!!! :happydance: :cheering: :happydance:

Also, I'm driving my minivan and have a small carpool going with 3 - 4 seats left if anyone needs a ride. Kelly and I are leaving the River Forest/Berwyn area and picking up in Naperville on our way out. Just let me know if you would like to carpool - the more the merrier!

Renee

PS - I'mm gonna get the minivan claeaned today so nobody has to sit on a sticky juice box or whatever else the kids may have left back there! :teehee:

sara_jayne
04-13-2007, 09:50 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Tomorrow! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

My Options are packed and so are some DPNs. I made oatmeal fudge bars last night too, so we can chow on those inbetween our stitches! :cheering:

LeslieA
04-13-2007, 12:41 PM
:cheering: :cheering:

Petals
04-13-2007, 02:00 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Tomorrow! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

My Options are packed and so are some DPNs. I made oatmeal fudge bars last night too, so we can chow on those inbetween our stitches! :cheering:

Thanks! Anxious to meet you all! I'll be the "old" one there. But, I'm young at heart if that gives me points! :teehee:

MaryB
04-14-2007, 06:32 AM
:muah: :muah: Fondle some yarn for me!! :muah: :muah:

:verysad: maybe next time :verysad:

Petals
04-14-2007, 09:04 PM
It was so nice to meet up with you gals and Shaner today! SJ the OFB were :drool:

I realized down the road I didn't take a cupcake from IrishKnitter
:doh: And it was decorated so special too.

Sorry to cut it short today, but promised DH tenderloins on my return home. (but sure could have used a cupcake snack on the way home :teehee: )

baronreads
04-14-2007, 09:18 PM
OH, I've been waiting to hear how today went. How many showed up? Was everyone like you thought they'd be? And WHEN is the NEXT meet-up?? We need DETAILS ladies!! :)

IrishKnitter
04-14-2007, 11:45 PM
I had a great time! There are some wonderfully nice, sweet, and funny Illinoisians (and Iowans!) here on KH. :hug:

Just thought I'd ask before I actually do this...does anyone mind if I post the group pic from today's outing? If not, then I'll post it tomorrow!

Andrea
04-15-2007, 09:46 AM
We had a lot of fun, Julie!!

I hope I counted right here, but I believe the grand total was 9 people! Good turn out!

The shop was AWESOME! I'm so glad I got the chance to go there for the first time!

The cupcakes were great, the OFB bars, as usual, were great.

I think everyone walked away with something :teehee:

SJ took a few pictures, and like Kate said, she has a group shot. Post it Kate! :cheering:

I only got 2 rows done though :pout: Oh well!

DotMom61
04-15-2007, 10:09 AM

This is the first knit outing I've missed.

:verysad:

I really am glad you guys had fun and all, but I feel sad that I wasn't there.

I have a couple of questions:

Yarn Doc (Linda) -- We may have already talked about this, but are you a resident @ Loyola? :??

Baronreads -- I'm also in the Western Suburbs ... how far out are you? I'm in the St. Charles/Geneva area.

Can't wait to see all the pictures!! Love you guys! :muah:

baronreads
04-15-2007, 10:17 AM
Hey Julie (from another Julie) I'm in Sugar Grove, 15 min from you! I think I spend 1/2 my life on Randall Road! DS played Wasco baseball for YEARS, so we have alot of friends in the area! What a small world! We'll have to meet at WAC sometime! I just found it about a week ago! HOW EXCITING!! :cheering:

DotMom61
04-15-2007, 10:33 AM
Julie ... WAC it is. How old are your kids (is your son?) ... don't know how many you have :shifty: ... I have two, and they're 12-1/2 and 9. We homeschool, so they're ALWAYS with me. :shock:

(:teehee:)

Actually, I do leave the house w/out them occasionally.

We are 5 mins from Wasco, and one of my DS's elementary school teachers lives in Sugar Grove ... she just had a baby a year ago, and I'm not sure she came back to school after that. Her first name is Kristina.

Anyway, it would be good to meet sometime!! Let's work on that!

Petals
04-15-2007, 10:42 AM
DotMom, wish you could have been there too. Since I'm also close by W&C maybe I'd meet up with you there.

Okay Andrea, tried to find your blog to "personally" say :waving: and glad meet you and all that --but could'nt find you :?? But seriously, I love to meet new people and think KH is a good way as there are no better people than all you guys! :muah: Hope to do this again!

baronreads
04-15-2007, 10:46 AM
DotMom, wish you could have been there too. Since I'm also close by W&C maybe I'd meet up with you there.

I just PMed DotMom and told her the SAME thing! That you wanted to meet at WAC too! WOO HOO! Sounds like a plan in the works!! :cheering:

baronreads
04-15-2007, 11:11 AM
Great Pic! You definitely look like a FUN and SAFE group!! ;)

Kate - you got it! Do you work days? LMK!

Anyone else available to meet in Geneva during the day? I don't know how soon it will be, but it definitely seems like we've got some interest! :)

Petals
04-15-2007, 11:20 AM
Kate, that was a good pic of all! I usually look like a dork most of the time in pics!

Annie

Andrea
04-15-2007, 12:07 PM
Ann, my blog is temporarily out of service, so I'm squatting in Angelia's blog :teehee:

KK was doing the Cthululu thing with my haid...:teehee: I have no idea who that is, but Ang always talks about him! :teehee:

Angelia
04-15-2007, 02:30 PM
Love the photo!!! :cheering:

Andrea, your Cthulhu hair looks great!! Nice help there, Kelly! :thumbsup:

Petals
04-15-2007, 02:39 PM
[quote="Andrea"]Ann, my blog is temporarily out of service, so I'm squatting in Angelia's blog :teehee:

Whew, thought I was having seeing problems :rofl: Had me skipping all around! :teehee:

DotMom61
04-15-2007, 05:59 PM
Nice pic, ladies. The store looks fantastic ... looks like a great selection of stuff from just that one pic.

Didja miss me? :mrgreen:

Julie, Annie & Kate ... I just PMd Julie about W&C. I'll repeat myself here, though. :D We are pretty busy next week, but the week after that we could probably work something out -- any day but Monday (4/23), that is. Anyone???

Petals
04-15-2007, 06:08 PM
HI,

Next week is out for me--getting ready to go to Boston. The following week would maybe work.

DotMom61
04-15-2007, 07:14 PM
That works better for me, too, Annie. Sounds like fun!! And what's this I hear about motorcycles??? (DH is off on a ride right now.)

baronreads
04-15-2007, 07:33 PM
The week of the 23rd is good for me, any day but Thursday. Just LMK what works best for you guys, we're flexible! :)

Petals
04-15-2007, 08:30 PM
DotMom, I usually don't come out and tell anyone that I was the sole proprietor of a dealership. It was so long ago don't really think about it. But, it sorta funny to see the reaction from some that I've known for awhile and I casually mention this.It's like--YOU WHAT! :thud: :teehee: They had only known I was a floral designer/retailer.

What make is your DH cycle?

sara_jayne
04-15-2007, 10:09 PM
I loved seeing you all this weekend! :heart: I will post pictures in the morning when I'm not so sleepy, and when I want to waste time at work! :teehee: Thanks for taking all the OFBs off of my hands and for giving me so many great hugs and laughs!

:hug: :hug: :hug: