PDA

View Full Version : Attention all ILLINOIS Knitters!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]

DotMom61
04-15-2007, 11:14 PM
DotMom, I usually don't come out and tell anyone that I was the sole proprietor of a dealership. It was so long ago don't really think about it. But, it sorta funny to see the reaction from some that I've known for awhile and I casually mention this.It's like--YOU WHAT! :thud: :teehee: They had only known I was a floral designer/retailer.

What make is your DH cycle?

That's great, Annie. :lol: Was it in the area here? DH drives a BMW ... it's an 1150 RT. He had a Honda 750 for a *very* long time before he decided to upgrade. He's been riding for years and wishes he could ride more. He tried to get a ride in every month through the winter, but I think he missed out in December or January.

DotMom61
04-15-2007, 11:15 PM
I loved seeing you all this weekend! :heart: I will post pictures in the morning when I'm not so sleepy, and when I want to waste time at work! :teehee: Thanks for taking all the OFBs off of my hands and for giving me so many great hugs and laughs!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Here's mine, SJ ... :muah: ... I'll give you a real one in person next time!

Andrea
04-16-2007, 08:58 AM
DotMom, I usually don't come out and tell anyone that I was the sole proprietor of a dealership. It was so long ago don't really think about it. But, it sorta funny to see the reaction from some that I've known for awhile and I casually mention this.It's like--YOU WHAT! :thud: :teehee: They had only known I was a floral designer/retailer.

What make is your DH cycle?

That's great, Annie. :lol: Was it in the area here? DH drives a BMW ... it's an 1150 RT. He had a Honda 750 for a *very* long time before he decided to upgrade. He's been riding for years and wishes he could ride more. He tried to get a ride in every month through the winter, but I think he missed out in December or January.

That's why I asked you about it, Annie...I wish I had heard "motorcycles" earlier before you had to leave! I have a HD Sportster...I haven't gone out on it yet this year though :pout:

sara_jayne
04-16-2007, 09:34 AM
Picture time!!!!111 :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Here are my pictures from Unique Yarns (http://www.uniqueyarnsinc.com/)...

sara_jayne
04-16-2007, 09:38 AM
Pictures from our lunch date.....

Andrea
04-16-2007, 10:14 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

I haz shiney haid!

Stiney
04-16-2007, 10:32 AM
:cheering:

It looks like Shane is knitting in that pictures. :rofl:

KellyK
04-16-2007, 10:52 AM
Andrea... you couldnt be any cuter if you TRIED. :hug:

btw.... when SJ took the picture of me, I was telling her what was in my drink... .Bacardi Limon run and "BRIGHT BLOOOO JUUUUICES" They didnt say WHICH "bright blue juices". See how BRAVE I am? I could have been drinking ANYTHING for all we know!! :shock:

DotMom61
04-16-2007, 11:33 AM
{sigh} Now I know how everyone else on the board feels whenever we all get together. I wish I were there. :( But I'm really glad you all had fun. :sun:

Julie
04-16-2007, 11:41 AM
ITA Julie... :pout:

Looks like y'all had a blast as usual! :cheering:

Andrea
04-16-2007, 11:46 AM
Andrea... you couldnt be any cuter if you TRIED. :hug:

No, YOU couldn't :hug:

AmandaC
04-16-2007, 12:22 PM
KK were you wearing your Wicked??? If so it looks lovely ... if not then :shrug:

sara_jayne
04-16-2007, 12:24 PM
KK is wearing Wicked in those pictures! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Annie was wearing her Green Gable! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

baronreads
04-16-2007, 01:13 PM
Looks like a fun time was had by all! I know I'll like you guys now - you take pics of your FOOD!! :roflhard: I want to know what projects you all are working on. I love Annie and Kelly's sweaters! CUTE!!

sara_jayne
04-16-2007, 01:14 PM
:cheering:

It looks like Shane is knitting in that pictures. :rofl:

It does, doesn't it! But, as you can see in the picture of Kelly, he was surfing the internet on my phone - he was probably on KH! :rofl:

Petals
04-16-2007, 02:40 PM
Fantastic pics SJ! All of them turned out good....Hilde I could go for one of those drinks about now! :drool:(and an OFB) I think I'll past on Kelly's blue drink :teehee:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-16-2007, 07:15 PM
dirty drinks for dirty girls!!! :eyebrow:

Petals
04-16-2007, 07:25 PM
Dotmom, No my shop wasn't in the area. I had a Suzuki franchise but serviced all makes. 4 wheelers--serviced snowmobiles.
My brother had harleys-raced. Owned one of Knievel's bikes. We also had some airbrushing done on some helmets by the same guy that painted some of Evel's bikes. Fantastic work.

Sorry didn't get back to you earlier--been gone most of the day and just was doing a little catch up. Frustrated I've sent a couple of PM's and they don't seem to go thru --I'm such a computer wiz :teehee: I'll just go back to my jigsaws now :verysad:

Vendie
04-16-2007, 07:34 PM
:pout:

I wish I could have gone too...that's what I get for not planning better.

Can we plan a "Vendie's back in the Midwest" get-together? :flirt:

Andrea
04-16-2007, 09:23 PM
Isn't that what July is all about?? :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

I'll throw a party for you! :flirt: When exactly will you be here?

June?? :thinking:

KellyK
04-16-2007, 10:55 PM
Tank you, Manda!! :hug: :heart: :hug:

And, did you notice that once again I ordered the drink with the most interesting name/description? :teehee: FLYING GORILLA!!!! :mad:

sara_jayne
04-16-2007, 11:25 PM
I'm in for the "Welcome Vendie back to the Midwest" party! :woohoo:

IrishKnitter
04-16-2007, 11:33 PM
I'm in for the "Welcome Vendie back to the Midwest" party! :woohoo:

Silly me, I thought that's why they were having Fiber Fest this year...to celebrate Vendie's return to the Midwest!! :teehee:

DotMom61
04-17-2007, 10:58 AM
Dotmom, No my shop wasn't in the area. I had a Suzuki franchise but serviced all makes. 4 wheelers--serviced snowmobiles.
My brother had harleys-raced. Owned one of Knievel's bikes. We also had some airbrushing done on some helmets by the same guy that painted some of Evel's bikes. Fantastic work.

Sorry didn't get back to you earlier--been gone most of the day and just was doing a little catch up. Frustrated I've sent a couple of PM's and they don't seem to go thru --I'm such a computer wiz :teehee: I'll just go back to my jigsaws now :verysad:

Not a problem at all, Annie ... I was barely on here yesterday myself. ;-)

Very cool stuff!! I'm sure my DH would have a ball talking w/ you about all your motorcycle experiences!

And it looks like Julie S. and I are going to try & get together @ W&C next week on either Tues, Wed or Thurs. Would anyone else like to meet us there? We're talking about shopping a bit and then going to Colonial Cafe for lunch. (Yes, the FAMOOS Colonial Cafe that we got all the gift certificates for @ Trivia Night. :lol: The kids love it there.)

:psst: (Other) Julie ... did you see that we have yet ANOTHER addition to the Julie Club? :cheering:

DotMom61
04-17-2007, 11:00 AM
Oh yes, and I'd LOVE to participate in the Welcome Back to the Midwest Vendiepalooza. :cheering:

baronreads
04-17-2007, 11:08 AM
Tuesday or Wed. is best for me! LMK what works for everyone else!

Petals
04-17-2007, 11:31 AM
:doh: I forgot I won't get home from Boston until Tues. eve. So, it's a maybe on Wed. for me. Thurs. I might be a little more with it but don't plan around me. I'll catch up with you all later!

IrishKnitter
04-17-2007, 07:11 PM
I'll have to meet up with you all another time...during the summer, I'll be MORE than happy to meet during the day!! :cheering:

DotMom61
04-19-2007, 04:46 PM
OK ... last I talked to Julie S. (Baronreads), it was looking like Tuesday would work best. I'm sorry, Annie, that you're not going to be there. I hope we get the opportunity to meet you another time soon!

Julie S. -- What time would you like to meet?? Would anyone else like to join us?

IrishKnitter
04-19-2007, 07:07 PM
Julie(s)...I wish I could meet up with you ladies! Have fun! :cheering: :cheering:

Petals
04-19-2007, 07:34 PM
OK ... last I talked to Julie S. (Baronreads), it was looking like Tuesday would work best. I'm sorry, Annie, that you're not going to be there. I hope we get the opportunity to meet you another time soon!

Julie S. -- What time would you like to meet?? Would anyone else like to join us?

Sorry too that I'm going to miss it :verysad: But, next time--hope it's soon! I was looking forward to meeting you gals.

I'm meeting DD in Boston for a few days. She'll be there on business but I'm there for fun! She does quite a bit of traveling and always wants me to go but this is the first time I've taken her up on the offer. She better watch out I may just get used to being her traveling companion! :teehee: Now, I wonder if there is any yarn shops downtown?? :??

baronreads
04-19-2007, 10:21 PM
Annie,

Your trip sounds like alot of fun! I love Boston!! I am willing to meet you at WAC ANYTIME!! I could go there weekly! :oops: That's no problem!! It might be for DH, but I just won't tell him! Just pick a date and I'll put it on the calendar! And Kate, just as soon as you get out of school, we'll meet you too! What night is your sock class? Maybe I need to stop in at Fringes and say "HEY". ;)

Julie - anytime is fine with us, just LMK. I can't wait! :cheering:

DotMom61
04-20-2007, 10:52 AM
Julie - anytime is fine with us, just LMK. I can't wait! :cheering:

They open at 10. :shifty:

Julie
04-21-2007, 02:13 PM
I feel like I should come too, just because, you know.... ;)

but I have to work on Tuesday :pout:

DotMom61
04-21-2007, 07:28 PM
Work?!!! :pout: Surely you could forego work for the 1st Annual Bi-Monthly Meeting of the Julie of the Week Club! Come on ... JOIN us!! :hug:

baronreads
04-22-2007, 10:31 AM
Work?!!! :pout: Surely you could forego work for the 1st Annual Bi-Monthly Meeting of the Julie of the Week Club! Come on ... JOIN us!! :hug:

ROFLMAO!! Yeah Julie - JOIN US!! :cheering:

MaryB
04-22-2007, 10:48 AM
:waah: I'm not a Julie! :waah:

baronreads
04-22-2007, 11:11 AM
:waah: I'm not a Julie! :waah:

Hmmmmm. . . maybe you could change your name?! :shrug:

JUST KIDDING!! We'd love to have you join us, no matter WHAT your name is!! :hug:

KellyK
04-22-2007, 11:55 AM
"Kelly" contains L's and an "e" sound at the end... :shrug:

Andrea
04-22-2007, 12:24 PM
I'm off Tuesday :thinking:

DotMom61
04-22-2007, 04:15 PM
You are ALL welcome!! I just checked the by-laws, and it says we can have HONORARY Julies!! :cheering:

I think you ALL should come!! Mary, we haven't seen you for a LONG time!!! :hug:

mwedzi
04-23-2007, 09:58 AM
What is W&C?

baronreads
04-23-2007, 10:27 AM
What is W&C?

Wool and Company, a knitting store in Geneva. :)

MaryB
04-23-2007, 10:36 AM
What time are you meeting at W&C? I could be tempted!

OT:Julie, I read in your signature "bust your stash" and my mind went in a completely different direction! :shrug: Training for the 3 day breast cancer walk and sending the letters out this morning had my mind seeing bust/breast! :doh: :teehee: :doh:

baronreads
04-23-2007, 10:40 AM
We're shooting for 10:30. I'd love to meet more IL Suburbanites!! :cheering:

mwedzi
04-23-2007, 11:19 AM
What is W&C?

Wool and Company, a knitting store in Geneva. :)

Aww, too far for me. :verysad:

DotMom61
04-23-2007, 11:40 AM
Aww, too far for me. :verysad:

:pout:

VickiIL
04-23-2007, 10:28 PM
:hug: I MISS YOU ALL!!!!! :hug:

I can't even believe how long it has been since I have been to KH! My life has taken control completely away from me and put it in the hands of some crazy woman who just looks like me!

I am going to have to spend weeks...maybe even months reading to catch up on everyone's lives.

I am still looking for work. I think it has been what...4 months now. But I think I am finally getting somewhere. I have a number of interviews this week and one will hopefully pan out. The kids are still home for school so I guess that was one good part of not finding work right away. They got to finish of the year at home. (DH isn't all that thrilled that it is taking this long....)

Another consequence to not find work quickly: I haven't bought yarn since JANUARY...Withdrawl is a killer let me tell you. Luckily I had a large enough stash to keep me busy. And I can still go a couple more months if I have too.......

So...How's everyone doing? Will ya forgive me?

DotMom61
04-24-2007, 09:13 AM
Vicki! :hug: I think about you often and wonder how you're doing. Remember: Busy is GOOD!! ;-)

A few of us are meeting @ W&C today @ 10:30 & then having lunch @ Colonial Cafe. If you're free, come join us! :hug:

VickiIL
04-24-2007, 07:43 PM
I hope you had a great time! I am sorry I couldn't make it. I would have had three kids in tow anyways. Makes for a terrifying trip to the lys! How are your kiddos????

baronreads
04-24-2007, 07:47 PM
Vicki,

It would have been nice to meet you. Have you lived in Plainfield for long? My DH is from Plainfield, 1/2 of his family still lives there. Someday I hope to meet you and all of the other IL knitters!! :happydance:

MaryB
04-24-2007, 08:52 PM
Vicki, so sorry you could not join us. :verysad:

Julie S., it was great to meet you. Get started on some socks-----you can do it! (Your son is terrific!) SOX!!!

Julie (DM) it always good to see your smiling face----and, of course, Brian and Baily are soooooo interesting. CUBS!!?!

I only walked 5.5 miles today. Sitting here knitting seemed so much more inviting. :oops:

DotMom61
04-25-2007, 12:19 AM
I'm sitting here watching the end of the Cubs game right now ... :!!!: .... I'm not happy.

But like I said in my blog thread, it WAS fun today!! Vicki -- your kids would've been fine. I think the other three would have sufficiently entertained them w/ their baseball one upmanship. :teehee:

I think I just heard the washing machine stop -- time to go throw some jeans in the dryer & get to bed so we can get on the road on time tomorrow.

We'll wave when we drive by tomorrow, Mary!!! :waving:

DotMom61
05-01-2007, 08:27 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know that Wool & Co. in Geneva is having their Knit-Out on the Courthouse Lawn again this year. :yay: It will be held on June 20th during Swedish Days.

You might remember this as the event where Andrea and I left a favorable impression by plowing through the other knitters to win a contest and get FREE yarn! :shifty:

Here's (http://www.woolandcompany.net/AbsoluteNewsletter/Update_April_29_2007.htm) a link to the W&C newsletter ... scroll down for the Knit-Out announcement.

I hope we can get more folks there this year!!

AnaK
05-01-2007, 09:25 AM
That sounds like a lots of fun.
I just hope Cicada's are gone by then. :pout:

AnaK
05-01-2007, 09:26 AM
That sounds like a lots of fun.
I just hope Cicada's are gone by then. :pout:

Andrea
05-01-2007, 10:48 AM
I saw that, Julie. We'll have to go again and have another go at THE FASTEST KNITTER'S IN THE WORLD contest!! :happydance:

DotMom61
05-01-2007, 11:31 AM
Ooooh .. I didn't even *think* about the cicadas. :shock:

And, yeah, Andrea ... two-haided knitting, too!! We nead too praktis.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
05-01-2007, 01:30 PM
i wish they had a fastest PURLER in the world contest :tap:

I think I have an overnight guest that weekend anyway :shrug:

DotMom61
05-01-2007, 01:44 PM
Maybe they do?! Or you could purl instead of knitting :shrug: Who would know?

It was fun last year -- of course, coming home with several FREE things made it even MORE fun!

sara_jayne
05-01-2007, 01:45 PM
:psst: Hildie did you notice that it was on JUNE 20th?

We are planning on coming on the 18th of May...I'm just waiting to hear back from the kennel! :woot:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
05-04-2007, 12:47 PM
yep, my girlfriend Carlie is coming to visit in June sometime... I've asked her like 5 times when and I keep forgetting to write it down :doh: I'll wait a week or 2 and ask her again. She probably thinks I'm a moron. :oops:

AnaK
05-06-2007, 05:22 PM
Can anyone post the hours of Aurora yarn store?
Are they open on Sundays?
Thank you

IrishKnitter
05-06-2007, 06:31 PM
Hi AnaK,

If it's Fringe (http://www.fringeknitting.com/pages/home.html) near Fox Valley that you're talking about, they are closed on Sundays. It's a great shop, though! I think their late night is Tuesday, so you can head in after work if that's an issue.

Good luck!

AnaK
05-07-2007, 03:07 PM
Thank you for the link.
:X:

baronreads
05-08-2007, 09:31 AM
Hey Julie - when are we going to get together again?? I need to start my Booga Bag and could use some moral support! ;) And is Annie back from her trips??

DotMom61
05-08-2007, 11:02 AM
Hey Julie - when are we going to get together again?? I need to start my Booga Bag and could use some moral support! ;) And is Annie back from her trips??

Well, *this* week is crazy busy ... I look like this :blooby:

Next week ... eeeeehhhhhh ... maybe Friday?!!! :?eyebrow:

The following week Wed or Fri looks good.

Where should we go?
What should we do?

If the weather is good, we could hang out at a park somewhere -- the kids would have more to do then.

Anyone want to join us?

baronreads
05-08-2007, 11:15 AM

Next week ... eeeeehhhhhh ... maybe Friday?!!! :?eyebrow:

The following week Wed or Fri looks good.

If the weather is good, we could hang out at a park somewhere -- the kids would have more to do then.

Anyone want to join us?

Any of those days look good for me. The park sounds GREAT! Maybe I can at least get my Booga Bag cast on. I'm SURE I'll have some questions! :??

Anyone else want to chime in? I'd love to meet more KHers!! :cheering:

VickiIL
05-08-2007, 08:49 PM
I might be in for a Friday afternoon. I work every other Friday so it would depend on which one. The kids would love a park day.

KellyK
05-08-2007, 10:53 PM
Just wanted to let the ILians know that CookieA. (http://www.cookiea.com/) is going to be hangin at Chix With Stix (http://www.chixwithstixknitting.com/) Wed night for open knit.... we'll be goin til at least 9pm...

Hope you can stop by and join us! This will be the last day of her trunk show, but we will continue to carry her AMAZING sock patterns (http://www.cookiea.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=5&chapter=0).

Julie
05-09-2007, 05:24 PM
Depending on the time we'd be up for a park :D

Andrea
05-09-2007, 10:55 PM
A week from Friday I'm off!! :happydance:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
05-10-2007, 11:19 PM
I'm off too!!! :happydance:

baronreads
05-11-2007, 10:52 AM
A week from Friday I'm off!! :happydance:

Is that the 18th? Vicki and the other, other Julie, how does that day look? What time is good for all?? The "original" Julie already said that day was good for her, right?? Plans are shaping up!! WOO HOO!! :cheering:

VickiIL
05-11-2007, 10:56 AM
The 18th works for me! :cheering:

KellyK
05-11-2007, 11:27 AM
Im off too!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

baronreads
05-11-2007, 11:53 AM
I have school, but it's an institute day...we usually get out around 1 or so...I might be able to come!! :cheering: What time were you all thinking?

I'll leave the time up to Julie (dotsmom). So where is she?! STILL SLEEPING?! :tap:

VickiIL
05-11-2007, 11:53 AM
I have school, but it's an institute day...we usually get out around 1 or so...I might be able to come!! :cheering: What time were you all thinking?

I wouldn't be able to get their until lunch time or a little later.

DotMom61
05-11-2007, 02:00 PM
I'm here!!! It's been a crazy busy week. I've barely been able to check in here. But I did start to start a start to a list of parks in the area the other day. :shifty:

So far, I have two ...

1) Primrose Farm Park (http://www.st-charlesparks.org/links/primrosefarmpark.htm) -- pretty close to where we live *and* about 2 mins from Fine Line Creative Arts center, which Vicki, Andrea and Kelly have all been to with me. LOTS of good yarn!
2) Campton Twshp Headwaters Conservation Area, for which I cannot find a map because it's too new.

Anyway ... there's a chance that we canNOT make it because that's week 3 of DS's chemo for the month, and his counts MIGHT be too low. Because we'll be outside, it might not be an issue. Anyway, I say we still plan it, and if we can't make it, we'll join you another day.

As for the parks ... I haven't been to Primrose, but I just drove by the other one earlier today to make sure it had a playground and someplace in the shade to knit and eat.

It has a gazebo, a very short walking trail and a playground. I wouldn't expect it to be at all crowded ... mainly 'cause it's WAY out in the boonies. :shifty: ... near Elburn, as a matter of fact.

Does anyone else have suggestions for places to meet?

baronreads
05-11-2007, 02:11 PM
The only one that came to my mind was Wheeler Park in Geneva. It's on Rt. 31 and has the mini golf course, playground, trees, etc. I've never been there so don't know if the kids would have to be supervised playing mini golf or if it would even be open.

Another option is a park 1 block from my house. It has a large play area, basketball court and a gazebo. Also, if the kids got bored we could come back here.

OK, those are my suggestions, but I'm open to ANYTHING! And Julie - I'm gonna start praying for Brian's counts!!

DotMom61
05-11-2007, 02:25 PM
And Julie - I'm gonna start praying for Brian's counts!!

Thank you!!! :muah:

Julie
05-11-2007, 04:17 PM
Another option is a park 1 block from my house. It has a large play area, basketball court and a gazebo. Also, if the kids got bored we could come back here.

What town?

baronreads
05-11-2007, 04:21 PM

What town?

Sugar Grove

If you wanted someplace more centrally located, we could do it somewhere in Naperville.

KellyK
05-11-2007, 11:16 PM
:psst: What about Fishbed in Dundee??

Hildegard_von_Knittin
05-12-2007, 12:49 AM
Crap... I just lookd at the calendar... H is having surgery that day, and I have to be with him.

:!!!:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
05-12-2007, 12:54 AM
and SJ and Shaner are going to be here later that night .... we're going to see STOMP on Saturday :happydance:

CraftyOwl
05-12-2007, 03:18 AM
I'd like to come. I'm in Forest Park, but will travel to knit. :)

VickiIL
05-12-2007, 08:02 AM
If you wanted someplace more centrally located, we could do it somewhere in Naperville.

I'm coming from Plainfield so Naperville would be great for me. Dont know where parks are but I can find out if everyone is willing to do Naperville.

wildforyarn
05-12-2007, 11:04 AM
Okay girls, I am trying to figure this one out and see if I can actually make it or not. I would have to bring one or both children though. Where/what city are you meeting in? What time are you meeting? Anyone else having to bring kids along, besides Julie if you are able to make it. My kids are a little younger (4.5 and 6).

Let me know all of the details! :) Thanks.

baronreads
05-12-2007, 06:31 PM
Sara,

I'm bringing my 6 year old son! The more the merrier!! :happydance:

Julie
05-13-2007, 10:54 AM
Naperville would be FAB for me as I have to pick up my DD from kindergarten at 2:30, so I can't stray too far from home. I will have DD3 (almost 4) with me :D

We have some great parks in Warrenville too ;)

DotMom61
05-15-2007, 08:38 AM
I'd be more inclined to go to Warrenville than Naperville ... simply because of the congestion. What are your suggestions Ms. Julie ??? :hug:

baronreads
05-15-2007, 08:50 AM
I'd be more inclined to go to Warrenville than Naperville ... simply because of the congestion. What are your suggestions Ms. Julie ??? :hug:

I really don't have a preference. I drive all over the Chicagoland area for various reasons, so I'm very flexible! Where is everyone coming from?

DotMom61
05-15-2007, 09:17 AM
I was just thinking -- if you guys could stand a bit of untidyness, you could just come to MY house! Then the kids could run all over the yard (or play in the basement), and we could kick back and knit on the deck or whatever.

The only drawback is The Blood Count Issue ( :gah: ) ... which may not be an issue ... but we won't know 'til tomorrow ... and if everyone is healthy and promises to wash their hands, it still might be OK. {sigh}

I gotta run ... DD has an allergy doctor appt, and then we have some other things to focus on today. If you come to a decision, could someone with my phone number call me please?

VickiIL
05-15-2007, 04:55 PM
Well it looks like I am out. Yesterday was my Orientation at the Dupage Health Department. They snuck CPR Training in this Friday. I had no idea they had scheduled it. So it looks like I am going to be learning to save lives Friday. (Honestly I'd rather be knitting.)

DotMom61
05-15-2007, 11:38 PM
:teehee: Vicki ... at least you'll be doing something IMPORTANT!!!

And, it is looking like it might be best if we do try to arrange something at a park or wherever just in case we can't make it because of low blood counts. I don't know what I was thinking. :doh: It would be just plain silly for me to arrange for everyone to come here and then have to say, "Oh, sorry. Can't do it!" :wall:

Anyhoo ... we are now back to finding a park!

"Just" Julie .... what's over there in Warrenville???

baronreads
05-16-2007, 02:00 PM
I don't think I'm "just" Julie, but here's a link to Warrenville Park District Parks. Maybe this will help!

http://www.warrenvilleparks.org/parks/

How is Brian doing today??

Julie
05-16-2007, 04:12 PM
Cerny Park is the biggest...but Sesqui Park is shadier :D

DotMom61
05-16-2007, 09:58 PM
Well, those white blood cells we were worried about were in short supply today. They were just barely below the level DS needed to get his chemo. So, at least we don't have to go back tomorrow. Fortunately, low white counts don't make him feel bad. He at least has plenty of energy & blood clotting ability. :woohoo:

:roll:

I think, though, that if we're going to be outside on Friday, we should be able to join you.

What's the consensus? Sesqui Park in Warrenville???

What time does everyone want to get there??

I was thinking we might stop and get sandwiches or bring some sort of picnic lunch. :thinking: We might just bring our school stuff over in the morning, too. :thinking: I guess I'll wait and see how motivated we are. ;)

baronreads
05-17-2007, 06:06 PM
Do we have a plan for tomorrow yet? Time? Place? Who's coming? Julie, should I PM you with my cell phone number?

KellyK
05-17-2007, 08:02 PM
I cant go... Dana asked me to work tomorrow. :verysad:

Julie
05-17-2007, 11:48 PM
Okay...Sesqui Park...it's looking like the morning is going to be chilly, so can we say 11-ish? Or is that too late?

baronreads
05-18-2007, 12:04 AM
Julie,

11 sounds good to me. Do you want my cell phone number too, just in case? I'll PM it to you!

I'm too lazy to read the old messages, are you bringing kids and lunch for them?

IrishKnitter
05-18-2007, 12:07 AM
Have fun tomorrow, ladies!! :muah:

Julie
05-18-2007, 12:21 AM
I will have one kiddo, and lots of snacks. :D

DotMom61
05-18-2007, 08:41 AM
OK ... Sesqui Park? 11 am? We'll try to get there ... I need some time to line up my ducks again, and then I think I'll feel OK to leave here for a while. (stoopid ducks got all out of a row yesteday :roll: )

We may not be there right @ 11 am, but we will come bearing lunch and some snacks, if I can find any. Yes, I'm having one of those weeks.

And, Kelly!! :( I'm glad you're getting the hours, but I'm sorry we won't see you today. It's been a while.

Is anyone else joining us?? It'll be hilarious if not, 'cause it will just be a bunch of Julies and kids yelling, "Mom!" :teehee:

baronreads
05-18-2007, 10:34 AM
A quick note to the "other" Julie - I'm aiming for 11, but it may be 11:15 by the time I pick up something for lunch! See you there!

DotMom61
05-18-2007, 10:35 AM
We'll be there, too. Probably closer to noon, though!! :hug:

Julie
05-18-2007, 11:00 AM
K...I'll be the one knitting socks ;)

fishbed
05-20-2007, 03:04 AM
hello i've been crawling the web all night emailing ppl to update that we have a website now. i came accros this thread and im going to take this chance to speak for my mother, if you ever need help or a day gets rainy im sure my mother would love to help you guys out if you need a place to meet. she is the owner of fishbed knitting in east dundee il. if it helps at all she ofers "knit knights" its open kniting on the 1st 3rd and 5th mondays of every month from 5:30-9p or so. if you're interested at all please call the store and im sure she'd be happy to help arange something :) i know most admins won't let you put a phone number in a post so i won't, but you can email me at the email i've put in the profile also the phone number, email and address (with directions) are listed on the website :) http://www.fishbedknitting.com

Andrea
05-20-2007, 06:25 AM
Hello daughter of Fishbed!! :waving:

I love your mom's shop very much! Kelly and I were just there the other day when it stormed really bad (we were in there when you called your mom about the fallen branch!!)

We are DEFINITELY planning a get together at Fishbed, most likely in July when people are here for the Fiber Fest in Crystal Lake!

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

And I'm so excited that Fishbed has a website now! :happydance:

Julie
05-20-2007, 06:16 PM
I have to share with my fellow Julies...at Bunco on Friday night there were two other Julies too. They could totally appreciate the humor in our saying to the other knitter we met at the park, "Hi, we're Julie." :roflhard:

(and DD (3) was all, "Momma! That little boy at the park (who is 6 :roflhard:) can count to quince!!" She was totally impressed)

DotMom61
05-20-2007, 09:56 PM
I have to share with my fellow Julies...at Bunco on Friday night there were two other Julies too. They could totally appreciate the humor in our saying to the other knitter we met at the park, "Hi, we're Julie." :roflhard:

:roflhard: ... that was hilarious, wasn't it?!

(and DD (3) was all, "Momma! That little boy at the park (who is 6 :roflhard:) can count to quince!!" She was totally impressed)

That Aaron is one SMART cookie!! What a great kid!

baronreads
05-20-2007, 11:37 PM
Awwww, thanks! I think he's pretty special too! ;)

Loved meeting a NEW Julie and seeing the OLD one! ;) And I love all your kids! They get along so well and are just so nice and well-mannered!

My house is still in disarray, but I loved just sitting at the park on a BEAUTIFUL day and knitting. I can't wait to do it again soon! :hug:

DotMom61
05-21-2007, 01:28 AM
Julie S. --

That *was* a nice afternoon? It was just what I needed!! Parts of my house are still a wreck, but the relaxation was worth it!

Oh, and tell Aaron: Go Cubs! :teehee: (It was a great series, wasn't it?)

MaryB
05-21-2007, 07:17 AM
Julie S. --

:fingerwag:DotMom!:fingerwag:

Sunday's game was great!:happydancing:

baronreads
05-21-2007, 11:04 AM
Julie S. --

That *was* a nice afternoon? It was just what I needed!! Parts of my house are still a wreck, but the relaxation was worth it!

Oh yeah, he is fully aware of the series!! Every day my mom would call and say, "Where's Aaron?" and I'd say "Why? Did the Cubs win?"

DotMom61
05-21-2007, 06:45 PM
:teehee:

It really was a good series ... lots of good baseball!! And I HATE it when they have the day off. I feel lost and don't know what to do w/ myself for part of the day. :shifty:

Andrea
06-02-2007, 10:10 PM
Our thread was on page 3 :pout:

DM, is Geneva Days or whatever it's called next weekend?

DotMom61
06-03-2007, 10:53 AM
Our thread was on page 3 :pout:

DM, is Geneva Days or whatever it's called next weekend?

Swedish Days? The week w/ the Knit Out? That's the week of 6/18, and the Knit Out is on Wed. that week.

My Dad is going to be visiting that week, and the kids are going to be in camp all week. I *think* Dad is going over to Indiana about mid-week to visit with his sister. So, I'm still planning on going to the Knit Out.

Do you want to go Andrea? Can you get off of work? Who else wants to come? It was a LOT of fun last year. :cheering:

How many times can *you* work the word week in a paragraph? :roll:

Andrea
06-03-2007, 06:09 PM
I think I'm off that day :thinking:

IrishKnitter
06-03-2007, 10:56 PM
How many times can *you* work the word week in a paragraph? :roll:

I counted 7. :shifty:

DotMom61
06-05-2007, 01:17 AM
:blooby: :cheering: :blooby: Kate Wins!!! :blooby: :cheering: :blooby:

baronreads
06-05-2007, 08:19 AM
I'm planning on it!!:happydance:

DotMom61
06-05-2007, 12:18 PM
:yay:

And I just talked to my Dad the other night, and he's planning on being gone to his sister's that day. So, that all worked out!!! I'll be dropping my kids off @ camp in Lombard around 9 am, and then will be back to Geneva around 10 am.

Oh! I can't wait!!!! Who else wants to come?!!

baronreads
06-09-2007, 10:26 PM
Have any of you been to The Yarn Exchange in Dekalb? I went there today. We are in a baseball tournament in Dekalb all weekend. I saw the store yesterday when I was driving around killing time. So I stopped in today between games. AWESOME store! And I like how they have the yarn arranged. I didn't buy anything but fell in love with a alpaca/cotton blend! I just didn't know what to use it for, thus how much to buy. I plan on going back soon! Road trip anyone??

DotMom61
06-09-2007, 10:35 PM
Hi Julie!

Hildie has been there because she works in DeKalb. I, personally, haven't been there, but it sounds like a fun stop.

How have you been? Busy w/ all those baseball games, I'm sure!!

baronreads
06-09-2007, 10:55 PM
Hey Julie! I've been fine! BUSY!! Baseball started in full swing this weekend. I took my Booga Bag with me to work on, I've been neglecting it. I think by the end of the day tomorrow I should be done, except for the I cord. I'm so excited to felt it!

I've been keeping up with your blog, just haven't posted much! Are you feeling better? We'll have to get together soon!

There were a bunch of ladies knitting in the back of the store, about 10 of them. Wouldn't it be funny if Hildie was one of them?! :teehee:

Petals
06-09-2007, 11:03 PM
Hi all! The Yarn Exchange is my LYS. I haven't been there recently as been very busy. I usually go there to knit on Friday afternoons. It's a friendly shop.

Since the change over I haven't posted or been reading much of what is going on. You know, change is hard for some. I've just read hit and miss at best! Hope all is well with everyone!

baronreads
06-09-2007, 11:11 PM
Hi Annie! So good to "see" you! I've been thinking about you! Were you there yesterday? I almost stopped in yesterday, but knew we'd have a break today and I'd have more time. I'd love to meet you there sometime, it's only about 20-25 minutes for me! Just LMK!! :lol:

DotMom61
06-09-2007, 11:26 PM
Hey Julie! I've been fine! BUSY!! Baseball started in full swing this weekend. I took my Booga Bag with me to work on, I've been neglecting it. I think by the end of the day tomorrow I should be done, except for the I cord. I'm so excited to felt it!

I've been keeping up with your blog, just haven't posted much! Are you feeling better? We'll have to get together soon!

There were a bunch of ladies knitting in the back of the store, about 10 of them. Wouldn't it be funny if Hildie was one of them?! :teehee:

Thanks for asking. :aww: I'm feeling a little better every day -- still having some swelling and stiffness in my hands and knees, mostly. Overall, though, I can tell it's getting better. I still can't believe this all came about because of a stoopid antibiotic.

There are SO many yarn shops in the area that I'd like to visit. That one up in West Dundee (?) -- Fishbed -- is supposed to be really nice, and then there's the one in Downers Grove, Knitche, and now the Yarn Exchange, and and and and :teehee: So many yarn stores; so little time! :lol:

Well ... I'm gonna take one more trip through my "subscribed threads" and then hit the hay. Night night! :muah:

(Annie -- I hope you get all adjusted to the new forum!! If you need any help navigating, let me know!! :hug: )

baronreads
06-18-2007, 09:32 AM
I just got the email about the Knit Out on the Geneva Courthouse lawn on Wed. I can't go!! :pout: I have to work til 2, and would come after, but we have a 3:30 baseball game. Usually the games are later, don't know why this one is so early. Who all are going? Have fun! I can't wait to see pics!!

KellyK
06-18-2007, 10:54 AM
What's the plan for Wednesday?? I wanna go!!!

DotMom61
06-18-2007, 12:50 PM
OK ... Here's what I propose for Wed -- and I'm *really* sorry you can't come Julie :pout: -- I can only stay until 2 or 2:15 because I have to be back in Lombard @ 3 pm to pick up the kids from camp.

So, I was thinking that we could all meet on the courthouse lawn around 10:30 or so just to hang out and knit together and maybe grab some yummies from some of the surrounding booths. Then, whoever wants to (or can) stick around for the festivities should do that 'cause it's REALLY fun!

Of course, I still may have to bow out if DS hasn't yet "mounted an immune response" to this stooooooopid Fifth Disease. :wall: If he is still unable to go to camp, then I won't try coming to the Knit Out. I should know the answer to this looming question tomorrow.

Let's get a roll call going so that we don't end up with ONE person there!!!

:psst: Oh, and I was just talking w/ one of the other moms @ camp -- she is a good friend -- and she wants to come join us and meet everyone and learn how to knit. :cheering:

'kay ... that's all for now. I'm in high gear today ... better run and get my pot(z) planted. :teehee:

ETA: I almost forgot. Here (http://www.woolandcompany.net/AbsoluteNewsletter/Update_June_17_2007.htm) is the link to an update re: the Knit Out.

IrishKnitter
06-18-2007, 05:58 PM
I'm most likely in for Wednesday in Geneva!

Julie (DotMom) I'll be keeping my fingers crossed...first, that your DS is feeling better and gets to go to camp, and secondly, that you'll get to come hang out with us! :hug::heart::hug:

DotMom61
06-18-2007, 06:01 PM
Julie (DotMom) I'll be keeping my fingers crossed...first, that your DS is feeling better and gets to go to camp, and secondly, that you'll get to come hang out with us! :hug::heart::hug:

Thank you, Kate!!! :muah:

The most frustrating part of this is that he doesn't feel bad AT ALL!!! We're just waiting for the STOOPID rash to pop up so we can be sure he won't infect anyone else. I would be *devastated* to know that someone ended up in the hospital because of us!!! :(

However it works out, we'll deal with it. If nothing else, we've learned flexibility from all of this.

IrishKnitter
06-18-2007, 06:19 PM
Ohhhh, I gotcha. How frustrating! I *really* hope he gets to go to camp! From what you've said, it sounds like such a great time.
:pray:

IrishKnitter
06-19-2007, 01:27 PM
Julie--do you want to reschedule for another time?

baronreads
06-19-2007, 03:41 PM
I know I'm not the "Julie" you're talking to, but if you guys go to W&C next week, I'd love to meet up with you there! (notice how I just invited myself! :oops:)

Have fun, whoever goes to the Knit Out tomorrow! I'm JEALOUS!!

DotMom61
06-19-2007, 09:03 PM
First of all, Miss Julie Baronreads, inviting yourself is COMPLETELY acceptable around here! :hug:

Secondly, after our dr. visit today, we discovered that DS is probably still contagious, and he can't go to camp. :verysad: I'm sad not only 'cause I can't go to the Knit Out tomorrow, but because he's missing out on all the fun stuff that he looks forward to every year @ this camp. {sigh} I must say, though, that he's handling it a whole lot better than I am, especially since I'm carting DD over there very day anyway. :pout:

Anyway, I'm not sure yet about next week. Mon & Tues my Dad will still be here -- and we have to take him to the airport on Tues. Thursday we're going to the prosthetist to see if DS can get a microprocessor knee :cheering: . If not next week, Kate, I *really* would like to schedule SOMEthing sometime soon. I don't think I can wait until FF for some knitty time.

I would hope that some of you are still going to go to the Knit Out, but I talked to KK today, and it sounds like she can't go, either. I don't know if Andrea is going, but it sounds like most of us are unable to make it after all. Again I say {sigh}

I'm a little fried right now (5-1/2 hours @ the clinic + up @ 6 am to get everybody ready + 2-hour round trip + I didn't get to bed 'til midnight <-- my own fault :roll: ) ... anyway, I'll check back in later in the week.

IrishKnitter
06-19-2007, 09:08 PM
Julie :hug: :heart: :hug: :heart: :hug:

We will definitely schedule something before FF! My schedule is relatively flexible during the summer for the most part...so just let me know where and when! :thumbsup:

I'll still hope that DS can make it to one or two days of camp! :pray:

Knit Mom
07-12-2007, 02:35 PM
IL knitter right HERE!! :cheering: I am in Forest Park. Just down the street from my LYS. I missed Open Knit there last night. BUMMER!!:pout: But I will be there next wednesday for my 2nd beginner class with IrishKnitter and next friday for open knit night! WOO HOO!! :happydancing:

DotMom61
07-13-2007, 01:59 AM
Welcome, Marete!!

:psst: I was just @ Chix yesterday ... I guess I have to say "yesterday" 'cause it's now past midnight. :teehee:

IrishKnitter
07-17-2007, 04:17 PM
Hi Knit Mom! I'll look forward to meeting you at Open Knit Night some time! :cheering:

My name is Kate, but there is also a different Kate that works at Chix with Stix. I bet that's who you had your beginner class with! (I wish I was a good enough knitter to be teaching others! :shifty:) She's on KH occasionally, just to add to the confusion. :teehee:

Knit Mom
07-25-2007, 03:40 PM
Hi Knit Mom! I'll look forward to meeting you at Open Knit Night some time! :cheering:

My name is Kate, but there is also a different Kate that works at Chix with Stix. I bet that's who you had your beginner class with! (I wish I was a good enough knitter to be teaching others! :shifty:) She's on KH occasionally, just to add to the confusion. :teehee:

Hi Kate!

The girls at Chix schooled me on who is who and you are not "my" Kate but another great Kate! I will be at my last beginner class tonight and I am staying for ONN so maybe I will see you there!! :happydance:

IrishKnitter
07-29-2007, 05:57 PM
So...is it too early to start talking about Stitches?? :shifty:

I was assuming that plans would be to go on Saturday. However, I was wondering if anyone would prefer to go on Friday instead...it might be less crowded AND we might have a better selection of yarny goodness. :shrug: But I'd rather go on whichever day I can see everyone.

Just thought I'd put that out there...

Andrea
07-30-2007, 11:27 AM
Whichever day I go, it will be at night...I have to work that weekend...so Friday might work better for me if I go...

DotMom61
07-30-2007, 01:33 PM
If I am able to go, it'll probably be Saturday, but I'm starting to think that I probably won't make it this year. We are happily planning some family time instead. :shrug:

MaryB
07-30-2007, 01:47 PM
That is the week-end of the 3-Day breast cancer walk----------so I'll be walking my feet off! :eyes: (At least I won't be spending $$$$ at Stitches!)

Knit Mom
07-30-2007, 03:37 PM
When is Stitches? Since I didnt make it to FF I would like to go. :yay:

IrishKnitter
07-30-2007, 04:11 PM
Stitches Midwest (http://www.knittinguniverse.com/flash/events/EventDetail.php?EventID=36)

VickiIL
07-30-2007, 11:06 PM
I am hoping to go but it will probably be Saturday. Now that I have a "real" job I am working Fridays.

baronreads
07-31-2007, 12:12 PM
I'll be watching this thread. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go one day and would love to meet MORE of you! :D

Knit Mom
08-06-2007, 10:38 AM
I will be going. I think I need to convince Future DH to come with so I dont max out my credit card.

suziehomemaker
08-08-2007, 12:50 PM
I apologize for hijacking your thread!

I'm looking for yarn in Chicago Bears colors, any suggestions on where to purchase?

It's for a male co-worker so if you have any favorite 2 color scarf patterns that would look great in these colors that would be great as well!

I figured my fellow Illinois knitters might be able to help me out!

Thanks!

Julie
08-10-2007, 12:21 PM
LOL -- I have been looking for Bears yarn too as one of my co-workers (huuuuuge Bears fan) is expecting a baby. :mrgreen: I was thinking of charting an illusion blanket with the Bears logo on it. :thumbsup:

Cascade 220 superwash has a good blue & orange, as does Plymouth Encore (orange on sale for $2.50 here (http://knit2purl2.com/encore_worsted.html)). Reynolds has a DK weight wool that comes in both colors -- on sale here (http://knit2purl2.com/reynolds_soft_sea_wool.html).

Julie
08-10-2007, 12:22 PM
And I really came here to post....did y'all hear? Fringe is for sale...they're looking for a buyer...now's your chance to own an LYS! :thumbsup:

suziehomemaker
08-10-2007, 12:26 PM
Fringe Knitting is for sale? I wish I still lived there! I would be very tempted.

We ended up starting a KAL thread for sports knitting.

What's an illusion blanket?

Julie
08-10-2007, 01:30 PM
Illusion knitting is done with some funky chart -- when you look at it straight on it looks striped, but from an angle you can see pictures, like this: http://www.lilocstudio.com/snowflake_illusion/

I have to learn how to do it first...but I figure I have 6 months... :)

IrishKnitter
08-10-2007, 03:43 PM
And I really came here to post....did y'all hear? Fringe is for sale...they're looking for a buyer...now's your chance to own an LYS! :thumbsup:

:noway: No way! I can't believe it...are they selling the LYS part of it to focus on Dream in Color?? That's technically my LYS...even though I spend most of my time (and money) at Chix. :teehee:

DotMom61
08-10-2007, 11:38 PM
OK ... I know I *should* have known this, but they make Dream in Color @ Fringe???? :?? I didn't know this. :shifty:

Kate ... wanna go halfsies? We could be bizniss pardners. :figureditout:

IrishKnitter
08-11-2007, 12:29 AM
Sure, Julie!!! :cheering:

DotMom61
08-11-2007, 10:38 AM
They're not going to close the store, are they? I mean, while they're waiting for someone to buy it??

I need to get back over there sometime. I don't think I've been there since we all met for a get-together over a year ago. That was the day that Bailey came with me, and we had The Great Yarn Disaster while trying to wind a ball of Cotton Fleece. :teehee: We took up 1/2 the store trying to get that stoopid knot out! And Bailey and Andrea bonded ... it seems like I remember them sharing something at lunch. :think:

Julie
08-11-2007, 11:22 AM
Here's the official word:
As you may know, we have introduced a new hand- dyed yarn line, Dream in Color Yarn. It has been extremely well received in the marketplace, now being sold nationally and internationally at over 200 independent yarn stores. Due to the demands on our time, we are no longer able to run both businesses. We want Fringe to continue to operate as an independently owned yarn store serving the Aurora/ Naperville knitting and crochet community. We feel that the store and its extended community would be best served by someone who can dedicate their full energy to making it great. As such we are seeking a buyer for Fringe. We are hopeful that someone connected to the store will want the same and become the new owner of Fringe.

If you are interested or know someone who would like to find out more about this opportunity, please send us an inquiry.

We will continue to operate Fringe until a new owner is found. You can rely on us as your source for your knitting and crochet supplies. We will be ordering new yarns as well as maintaining our current inventory, making your shopping the pleasure it has always been.

IrishKnitter
08-11-2007, 11:36 AM
Thanks, Julie. Somehow I'm not on their email list...I've given them my email, but I never get any from them. :??

mullerslanefarm
02-29-2008, 05:05 PM
NW IL Fiber Arts Fair is coming up!

http://www.suzybeggin.com/FAF.htm