PDA

View Full Version : sitting here, knitting...

kemp
06-22-2005, 06:17 PM
What could be better??? Sitting here knitting, drinking a glass of sparkling wine, nibbling on cheese :) DH is out for a couple of days, so I think I'm going to have a :heart: knitfest!

Ingrid
06-22-2005, 06:36 PM
Sounds heavenly! I'm jealous. I think I need to buy more yarn to make myself feel better. :crying:

kemp
06-22-2005, 06:41 PM
:roflhard:

I don't even need an excuse to buy more yarn!!! :)

I think we need to start a yarnaholics anonymous!

Anne
06-22-2005, 07:21 PM
Isn't it nice to :XX: when no one is around. I sit on my swing on the patio amoung my flowers and fountain just as happy as a lark. :D

Sun is out with a mild wind. Perfect :XX: day :sunny:

kemp
06-22-2005, 07:25 PM
Beautiful day here too...why am I sitting inside??? :thinking:

Your garden sounds lovely.

Ingrid
06-22-2005, 07:26 PM

I DO need an excuse--I already spent about $400 this week! :shock: AND I swore I wouldn't buy anymore. They say relapse is a symptom of addiction. Ah, well. . . . :shifty:

kemp
06-22-2005, 07:33 PM
Wooah...that is a lot :) It's all relative though, right...for example, the yarn I am knitting with this minute was a relatively "big" ebay purchase ($60 for one cone of yarn!) BUT...it is 10lb of wool. I realize I won't be able to use it all right away, but HOW :shock: could I possibly pass it up??

Ingrid
06-22-2005, 08:20 PM

I DO need an excuse--I already spent about $400 this week! :shock: AND I swore I wouldn't buy anymore. They say relapse is a symptom of addiction. Ah, well. . . . :shifty:

Well of COURSE it was on sale! Think of all the money I saved! I'm practically rich! :|

tab
06-22-2005, 08:20 PM
Ah, such is the evil of eBay. You go to buy something, and then while you're looking you see something else at SUCH a good price! And then you visit the seller's store to find EVEN MORE FANTASTIC BARGAINS and then a few weeks later you find yourself armpit-deep in yarn that just isn't calling out to be made into anything. "But it was so cheap!" you may cry, and toss up your arms in despair if they aren't buried under all of your newly acquired yarn. Don't worry though, I'm sure you know someone who would love a scarf made from that orange-green variegated yarn ($1 for a huge skein!) - maybe you could add some of that day-glow pink eyelash yarn (well, the picture looked more subdued) to make a fringe.
At any rate, enjoy your time of knitting solitude and don't let the bargains suck you in. ;)

Anne
06-22-2005, 09:18 PM
Kemp, On a nice summer day i have a hard time making the decision of what i want to do. :XX: or play in the garden. I usually garden then :XX:

I must admit gardening is much easier for me than :XX: and correcting mistakes. If i make a boo-boo with my flowers i can replace them. Not that easy for me to correct my mistakes when i :XX:

I still have a tough time correcting mistakes. :thinking:

feministmama
06-23-2005, 12:29 AM
Ah, such is the evil of eBay. You go to buy something, and then while you're looking you see something else at SUCH a good price! And then you visit the seller's store to find EVEN MORE FANTASTIC BARGAINS and then a few weeks later you find yourself armpit-deep in yarn that just isn't calling out to be made into anything. "But it was so cheap!" you may cry

UGH! I hate when then happens......

kemp
06-23-2005, 07:57 PM
Me too! I can't imagine though how much those clogs would cost if I made them with "regular" yarn :shock: as opposed to ebay special

foldedbird
06-23-2005, 10:43 PM

Hi, my name is Denise, and I'm addicted to Knitting...

crowd: "hi denise..."

Ingrid
06-24-2005, 07:44 AM

The problem would be that we'd all bring a little project to keep our hands busy. Kind of like bringing your favorite wine to an AA meeting. ;)

foldedbird
06-24-2005, 09:27 AM

The problem would be that we'd all bring a little project to keep our hands busy. Kind of like bringing your favorite wine to an AA meeting. ;)

Gosh, I thought it was polite to bring a little hooch to share...

Rennagayle
06-24-2005, 11:52 AM
Ingrid, The problem would be that we'd all bring a little project to keep our hands busy. Kind of like bringing your favorite wine to an AA meeting.

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: