PDA

View Full Version : New to the world of knitting

bacmiddy
06-22-2005, 11:19 PM
Hi. My name is Chrisitna. Denise told me about knitting then she gave me an AWSOME hat for my birthday that she made for me and suddenly it became something very inertresting....and now here I am with needles and yarn and having a blast knitting a scarf for my aunt for Christmas!!! This site is so cool. Thank you for the video about casting on, because the night after I first learned how I forgot and just went to the video and it hit me!!! Can't wait to chat with everyone!!!

kemp
06-22-2005, 11:35 PM
Oh my...Denise will be so happy you finally posted! Everyone was convinced that you were her imaginary friend :roflhard:

This site is a great resource as you learn!

SimplyKaar
06-23-2005, 05:48 AM
:waving: welcome!!
I agree that Denise will probably be happy: people were having a ball teasing her about her "imaginary" friend :lol:

Other than that: welcome aboard; there is tons of great advice and knowledge available on these boards and aren't the video's the best!! :thumbsup:
Enjoy your stay!

/Karen.

KellyK
06-23-2005, 07:35 AM
WOW! FINALLY! :rollseyes:

Welcome, bacmiddy! :waving:

Although, Deni STILL could have signed up for an account under a different name.... :thinking: Im still SUSPICIOUS. Im squinting a little and looking at the screen out of the corner of my eye because there is no "suspicious: emoticon! :|

bacmiddy
06-23-2005, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the welcome and yes Denise has been riding my butt about not posting because of the imaginary friend deal going on. ;) I am so glad I found something to do that is both constructive and inventive :X: I have to admitt I love to knit!!

Sara
06-23-2005, 10:49 AM
Well, I think Denise deserves a Nobel prize for her development of techniques to teach cats English, let alone how to type! :roflhard:

Welcome, bacmiddy. We love Denise. I'm sure you'll be just as much fun.

foldedbird
06-23-2005, 04:06 PM
Oh my...Denise will be so happy you finally posted! Everyone was convinced that you were her imaginary friend :roflhard:

Is there something WRONG with imaginary friends??? :shock:

foldedbird
06-23-2005, 04:30 PM
I'll deal with you later, Kelly!

kemp
06-23-2005, 08:21 PM

Of course, not :blush: ! Since all the others were giving you such $%%&#*, I just wanted her to know she was a litle late in coming :)

bacmiddy
06-23-2005, 08:43 PM
I am SO sorry I got Denise in such deep doo-doo :( It is all my lazy fault for not posting earlier. Well that and I am a bit dumb when it comes to understanding this forum stuff. :blush: But I don't think there is anything wrong with imaginary friends I still have a few myself ;)

Keep on knitting on!! :X:

Nuno930
06-23-2005, 09:14 PM

Depends... are you on or off medication?!?!?

foldedbird
06-23-2005, 10:22 PM

Depends... are you on or off medication?!?!?

Does that make a difference?

KellyK
06-23-2005, 11:10 PM
Shall I introduce bacmiddy to Mr. Winky, Denise?? :twisted:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
06-23-2005, 11:48 PM
no, we do NOT want to see "mr. winky" nor be introduced to him. really. besides all of our other "misters" might get jealous... or develop a superiority complex.

foldedbird
06-24-2005, 12:15 AM
LOL... Chris has a Mr. Winky of her own that I'm sure she's happy with.

Thanks for the save, Hildie!!!

Denise

Nuno930
06-24-2005, 08:45 AM
Does that make a difference?

Yes, off is ok. On needs you need to up to dosage.

bacmiddy
06-24-2005, 10:30 AM
Yes my winky can be enough to deal with thank you!!! :D It is as nice thought wanting to share. ;)

KellyK
06-24-2005, 11:42 AM
:mad: IM NOT TALKING ABOUT THAT KIND OF WINKY! :mad:

He's a SOCK PUPPET, fer cryin out loud!!! :rollseyes:

SHAME! SHAME on ALL of you!! :fingerwag:

bacmiddy
06-24-2005, 12:45 PM
:blush: OPPPS! A sock puppet! Did you knit Mister Winky?!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
06-24-2005, 02:19 PM
What are you talking about KK!!! *I* knew what you meant! Some people around here just have to find an innuendo in everything. :rollseyes:

foldedbird
06-27-2005, 01:21 AM
I don't have any idea what you two are talking about...I don't even know what inyouendoh means!

KellyK
06-27-2005, 07:30 AM
Silly ladies..... :rollseyes:

foldedbird
06-27-2005, 08:46 PM
Takes one to know one...well, except the lady part! muwahhahaha