PDA

View Full Version : Needle case redux

kitkat
06-25-2005, 01:06 PM
Ok, here it is! I used the SNB pattern with variations...the only thing I may change is I may rip out some of the channels....needles take up more space than I thought! Also not wild about my ribbon but it was cheap so if I change my mind won't be a big deal!

I love my flamingers!

Aby
06-25-2005, 01:08 PM
awwww that's really pretty. Being a Florida native, I'm all about the flamingo :thumbsup:

kemp
06-25-2005, 02:11 PM
My step mom would :heart: :heart: :heart: that holder. She collects flamingos! Very cute.

KellyK
06-25-2005, 02:24 PM
GREAT job, kitkat!! I wonder how one could incorporate spots for circs in there? (Not that I sew, mind you....)

kitkat
06-25-2005, 02:52 PM
you could do a third row of fabric (i considered doing this...) and make the channels alot wider maybe????

i may have made my second row too high for dpns too...so perhaps i will need to make a second case for circs and dpns.....AHA!!!! More flamingos!!!

you can do a search on ebay and see alot of different variations on how to do a holder....there were a few for circulars, and they were shorter and squatier if you know what i mean.

i did look at the mccalls pattern but it was outrageous, like 16 retail, so walfarts and joans sell for half off, but still ridiculous!

because I didnt use upholstery fabric, I did use batting to give it some body. i used a very thin batting, warm and natural.

brendajos
06-25-2005, 02:54 PM
i would guess that Joanns will have some of their patterns for a dollar next weekend with the holiday and all...they usually do.

Debbie
06-25-2005, 07:04 PM
There is a very cool Fiber Trends felted flamingo pattern. Has anyone tried it? http://fibertrends.com/viewer/V1_new.html