PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Bells Dishcloth

06-26-2005, 01:13 PM
I found this page and the 4th pattern down is "Melissa's Christmas Bell" pattern. Could this be used as "Wedding Bells" or does it look too much like a Christmas bell? Of course no jingle bell would be attached.

http://home.earthlink.net/~oscarsdotter/id2.html

If anyone else has a better pattern please pass it along! Thanks!

Ingrid
06-26-2005, 01:21 PM
When I picture "Wedding Bells" I usually think of two bells, kind of attached at the top. Do you know what I mean? Maybe if it was in white instead of the Christmasy green it would look more wedding-ish. What about two rings kind of intersected like wedding bands? Or a little heart on the bell? Or a date of the wedding around the edge? :thinking:

06-26-2005, 01:25 PM
Yes, I was thinking that it needed two bells also but couldn't find a pattern like that. I do like the two rings idea too but I haven't been able to find a pattern and I'm not advanced or knowlegable enough to make my own. Do you have any idea's or suggestions on making my own?

Thanks!

Ingrid
06-26-2005, 01:42 PM
Since there's no real shaping, and gauge is not a real issue, you could get some knitters graph paper and kind of draw them on. I can't remember the site off-hand, but just Google printable knitter's graph paper and it will direct you. Maybe someone else knows of some sites for this.

amp926
06-26-2005, 01:59 PM
how about this http://www.knittingknonsense.com/LOVEcloth.html

06-26-2005, 02:02 PM
I did find that one as well. I do like it but was looking for something a little more wedding related. Thanks though! I may end up using it too.

KellyK
06-26-2005, 02:43 PM
I just emailed Rhonda at knittingknonsense & asked her if she's ever done a wedding bells dishcloth. Let's see what she says. ;)

06-26-2005, 02:48 PM
He he, I have alreadey e-mailed her and she said she hasn't come across any but to check a couple of fourm's out. Thanks!

kemp
06-26-2005, 02:55 PM
Maybe you could enlarge one of these and simplify it when you copy onto the graph paper.

06-26-2005, 03:00 PM
Those are great. I will give it a try! Thanks so much!