PDA

View Full Version : Merged: Favorite Online Stores/On-line Store Recommendations

amp926
06-28-2005, 09:42 PM
What are some of your favorite online stores?

I have ordered from knitpicks and loved them but I am looking for 16" circs and they do not seem to have the sizes that I need.

I love the fact that knitpicks has free shipping on orders over $30!

Aby
06-28-2005, 10:20 PM
I love http://knitting-warehouse.com. They have a flat rate shipping of $5.99 no matter how much you spend and their prices are the lowest I have ever found. I just ordered a ton of stuff from them and the order was filled and delivered in 3 days :shock:

I also love knitpicks but I've yet to order from them.. but I will be getting the "dye it yourself" wool to do some koolaid yarn.. beautiful stuff!.

http://herrschners.com is probably second lowest compared with knitting-warehouse.com

amp926
06-28-2005, 10:23 PM
Thanks for the quick reply.... I'm gonna check them out right now!!!! ;)

Ingrid
06-28-2005, 10:30 PM
I just ordered some sale yarn from www.knitwerx.com What a great experience. They have tons of stuff on sale all the time, my order came from Canada in six days, it was all wrapped up nicely, I got a personal note, a free sample of wool wash, and a color card for a really nice yarn on sale. There was also a note saying they are carried Addi's now.

There are many sites that I like, but this one had the personal touch that will make me come back again.

Kid Showbiz
06-28-2005, 11:11 PM
I love www.knitpicks.com

I order WAY too much from them. I try to rationalize it as: well, it's so cheap so I should buy more!

Ingrid
06-28-2005, 11:12 PM
I love www.knitpicks.com

I order WAY too much from them. I try to rationalize it as: well, it's so cheap so I should buy more!

Can you imagine if we actually had, in cash, all the money we've "saved" on yarn sales!? :shock: I, for one, would be driving a new car! :roflhard:

amp926
06-28-2005, 11:36 PM
I love knitpicks too, but they don't have the 16" circs that I need. I went to Michaels and Joanns today and they don't have them either. :(

I tried the knitwerx link but it didn't open for me, did anyone else have any luck? :??

Thank you guys for all of the help! :thumbsup:

Ingrid
06-28-2005, 11:38 PM
Try www.knitwerx.com The period got included before. I'll edit that.

amp926
06-28-2005, 11:42 PM
Thank you!!!!! :happydance:

Julie
06-29-2005, 12:51 AM
I just got two pairs of Addi Turbo 16" circulars from this eBay seller: http://stores.ebay.com/Your-Wonderland

They came so quick! And $6.50 is such a great price for Addis. :heart:

amp926
06-29-2005, 01:35 AM
That is a really good price! I think that I am going to order a few! And the shipping isn't bad at all!!! :happydance: :happydance:

KellyK
06-29-2005, 07:46 AM
I love www.knitpicks.com

Can you imagine if we actually had, in cash, all the money we've "saved" on yarn sales!? :shock: I, for one, would be driving a new car! :roflhard:

So far, I have always ordered somewhere around 30 bucks from knitpicks....just so I can get free shipping. SO - If I had all the extra cash I spent just to get free shipping..... :shock:

This will change, mind you, when I start tapping into the non-WOTA yarns on my wishlist! :drool:

Silver
06-29-2005, 10:33 AM
www.elann.com
www.yarnmarket.com
www.theknittinggarden.com
www.smileysyarns.com
www.theyarnco.com
www.kyarns.com

cheesiesmom
06-29-2005, 01:35 PM
I got some really nice italian yarns at smileysyarns.com. Prices were great and shipping prompt.

I ebay, too. Never can tell what might turn up.

BinkyKat
06-29-2005, 09:39 PM
I like to visit www.patternworks.com, www.yarnware.com, and www.nobleknits.com
I ordered from the last two and all was perfect. I wanna order from patternworks, but I never have $'s left when there's something I want.

rebecca
06-29-2005, 10:48 PM
I :heart: :heart: Knitpicks.com and am about to buy a bunch of needles from knitting-warehouse.com, I've looked all over the net and LYS and their prices can't be beat on my needles. I have also fallen in :heart: with www.simplysockyarn.com I've gotten some too cute yarn from her and now there are very cute patterns on the site and needles, altho, I didn't notice circs. I would certainly recommend knitting-warehouse.com to look for them. But my fave is knitpicks :shock: SURPRISE, as if the world didn't already know that ;)

Carol_OH
09-01-2005, 11:56 AM
I totally recommend Knitpixie.com! They aren't inexpensive, but the customer service is terrific, the yarn is to die for, and I cannot wait to start my new headwrap!

isn't this cool!? (http://www.knitpixie.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=973)

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

brendajos
09-01-2005, 12:27 PM
I totally recommend Knitpixie.com! They aren't inexpensive, but the customer service is terrific, the yarn is to die for, and I cannot wait to start my new headwrap!

isn't this cool!? (http://www.knitpixie.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=973)

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

okay i fully thought you had spelled knitpicks wrong and was doin this :??

i like their patterns...not so crazy about the prices of the yarn i was falling in love with though *sigh*...but i may have to do some thinkin' about some of those hat patterns.

knitkat3
09-01-2005, 12:27 PM
I just had a great experience with Sue at www.littleknits.com She has great product knowledge, super fast service and a sweet wonderful personality. I will be going back again and again!!!

ekgheiy
09-01-2005, 12:28 PM
I'm look through www.knithappens.net right now. I can't afford them, but it's good material for webindow shopping. :)

Carol_OH
09-01-2005, 12:31 PM
i like their patterns...not so crazy about the prices of the yarn i was falling in love with though *sigh*...but i may have to do some thinkin' about some of those hat patterns. Actually I think their prices are pretty good - I mean they're aren't knitpicks (who is) but they are well worth it - their prices are better than the LYS' around here, that's for sure!

And again, they are friendly and cool and I'm gonna go back there for sure!

I LOVE their hat patterns! Must be the old art school me coming out!

:D

brendajos
09-01-2005, 12:33 PM
well yeah but the ones i was falling in love with were $24 for 150 yards...i just couldn't bring myself to do that unless i was having a reeeeeeally bad day and needed to shop to shake it off...lol...may have to remember that i think! ;)