I have been k-nittin (as my dh calls it) since the 70's when my mom
taught me. However, I never knew that my method was called "english"
or that "continental" even existed. :oops: Amy's video's have been most
helpful; this forum has been even more helpful. I have been able to
find so many links to patterns and yarn, that I find myself addicted. Can
anyone ever have enough yarn? I think not! :happydance:

brendajos
06-30-2005, 02:58 PM
welcome! isn't it great! I have a lot of friends who give me one of these :rollseyes: when i start talking about yarn but i can't help but believe that EVERYBODY would be addicted to it too if they just would learn to look at and touch yarn...lol

amy
06-30-2005, 05:07 PM
Welcome craftaddict!

Yes, it's a wonderful addiction. I hope you never get "cured"! ;)

:cheering:

craftaddict
07-01-2005, 11:03 AM
I just discovered a local lys... I felt like a small child in a candy store..
I literally walked around, oohing and ahhing...(not to mention "touching"...) I had to buy some "squiggles" yarn so I can knit my 1year old granddaughter a nice winter hat.

Now if I could just figure out how to convince the dh to build an addition for my crafts... :thinking:

Nuno930
07-01-2005, 11:21 AM
Welcome! A new yarn store opened up that aparently caters to the "upscale" knitters. Lord help me!

kemp
07-01-2005, 04:43 PM
Where would that be??? Always need to know about new stores.

One of my LYS was having a sale today, so I had to go :inlove: fun new yarn.

Craftaddict...isn't it amazing the stuff they have in a "real" yarn store? I am a total addict too. You should see my upstairs closet :)

craftaddict
07-01-2005, 08:21 PM
Craftaddict...isn't it amazing the stuff they have in a "real" yarn store? I am a total addict too. You should see my upstairs closet :)

I was awstruck! I can't wait to go back. I'm feeling the need to take a
stab at felting.

snephenie
07-01-2005, 09:29 PM
A co-worker just told me about this 'great' knitting shop downtown. I have only bought from Michaels so far. I fear going into that store. I should probably just bring a little cash and leave the wallet with the check book and cards at home. LOL.

KellyK
07-02-2005, 07:48 AM
I can't wait to go back. I'm feeling the need to take a stab at felting.

You could try felting with Wool of the Andes from Knitpicks (http://www.knitpicks.com/yarns/yarn_display.aspx?itemid=5420103)....its ALOT cheaper than anything you'll find at an LYS and it felts up GREAT!

I reserve my LYS for VERY special purchases! :inlove:

kemp
07-04-2005, 01:44 PM
Aren't they all *special* :roflhard: :roflhard:

One of my LYS had a huge sale this weekend...a "bag" sale. 10 ball bags of yarn for 40-50% off...mohair, ribbon, merino, etc. Needless to say, I indulged quite heavily. :blush: DH was there though and encouraged me, so I don't feel too guilty. I told him not to go looking in the upstairs closet though :)

craftaddict
07-05-2005, 03:08 PM
I have been looking at Knitpicks and agree that the wota yarn is definitely cheaper. If my lys held a "bag sale"...they'd have to restock asap.. no telling how many bags I would buy! I live in a swiss-chalet style home..so my bedroom is a loft... I have yarn in the closet, under the bed, behind
the bureau, in the living room (at both ends of the couch), in the spare room, and down stairs in the cellar. Forget trying to convince the DH to build an addition... I need a whole 'nother house!

I took a stab at sewing curtains for my granddaughters room this weekend...3 of the 4 panels came out fairly well. Last one looks like a drunk sewed the seam... oh well... I hung it on the wall farthest away
from the door... no one will notice unless they get close...