PDA

View Full Version : Felted Clog...

snephenie
07-11-2005, 10:29 PM
Is there a book that has this pattern? I have seen a few sites that have the pattern for $5 or so. Just wondering if this is where people are getting the pattern or if there is a book. (ie...can go to store and pay CASH for book LMAO)

Hildegard_von_Knittin
07-11-2005, 11:11 PM
Sneph, you have to check out the thread on the gen forum about defending your knitting purchases (http://knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2431). We kind of get off-topic a biut (my bad), but it might give you some more ideas for disguising your purchases ;-)

Annnd, I don't think that exact pattern is in a book, BUT the woman who wrote the pattern also wrote the book Felted Knits (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1931499330/qid=1121137601/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_ur_1/103-8047659-3405445?v=glance&s=books&n=507846) and there are similar patterns inside. You can order the pattern from the Fiber Trends website (http://www.fibertrends.com/viewer/V5_accessories.html) or possibly get it from your LYS.

**edit @ 10:14pm
The link to the fiber trends site goes to the accessories page, not the homepage (www.fibertrends.com). You'll have to scroll down in the fram on the left and hit "next" a few times to get to the pattern: it's AC33x

Ingrid
07-11-2005, 11:14 PM
I got it as just the pattern for $5. I don't remember which site exactly, but I found it by googling. It is available in shops, but I didn't think I'd get to the likely ones around here for a while. I had to pay shipping, but its here and I have 1 1/2 clogs done. They are soooo big. I'm glad I saw pics of them unfelted or I wouldn't have believed it!

KellyK
07-11-2005, 11:53 PM
I wish they would make the pattern available for instant download somewhere! I searched and searched while I was waiting for my LYS to get their shipment in.....NADA!

amp926
07-12-2005, 12:04 AM
Last time I checked there were a few people selling them on ebay.

snephenie
07-12-2005, 12:04 AM
Sneph, you have to check out the thread on the gen forum about defending your knitting purchases (http://knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2431). We kind of get off-topic a biut (my bad), but it might give you some more ideas for disguising your purchases ;-)

LOL Funny story...Today DH called me

DH: where is the checkbook
ME: Oh I still have it.
DH: uh huh...why???
ME: Remeber, *I* went to the bank to deposit YOUR checks FOR you!!
DH: Did you go straight to work, or did you stop by michaels first?

You can order the pattern from the Fiber Trends website (http://www.fibertrends.com/viewer/V5_accessories.html) or possibly get it from your LYS.

Hmm according to that site, they are whole sale and all the shops in that list are no where near me.

Oh well...I mean it's $5. I should butter him up by going to Guitar Center and getting him some treats. ;)
He's really not as bad as I make him sound, he just likes to have us on a budget...ACK I hate even typing that word. LOL

Hildegard_von_Knittin
07-12-2005, 12:32 AM
YES! guitar center treats work for my Dh too! (but i always spend money in there for me by accident). and beer! when in doubt, beer is always the best present.

JLC
07-13-2005, 03:03 PM
Not to hijack, but Hildie saying "beer" reminded me of something. Last weekend DH played golf with his father, which usually means lots of beer. When he came home, I could tell he'd had a few, but I didn't say anything for a while, then I asked him how many he had. When he said "2", I just looked at him, so he then says, "and some pieces". :thinking: Of course, my reply to that is "I didn't know beer came in pieces, how many pieces did you have?" I didn't get an answer, but I'm guessing it was a bunch, cuz he didn't feel so well later that night. :shock:

Ingrid
07-13-2005, 03:27 PM

Psst! If you're the one who balances the checkbook, don't write Michael's in the register--write the local grocery store in. (Addicts can be very sneaky!)

**Mod Squad was here :thumbsup:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
07-13-2005, 03:50 PM
JLC, that is HILARIOUS!!!!

One night, my DH had a "few pieces" too, apparently, and his belly was full... I was trying to get him to take some mylanta total stomach relief stuff, and he looks at me with his face all mad and says "No. You just want me to EXPLODE!" Then he went to bed :rollseyes: :roflhard:

I'm starting clogs today!!!!!!!! :happydance:

Ingrid
07-13-2005, 04:38 PM
I'm working on my second outer sole. Next is felting--my first! I took the completed one to work with me today--it got a few odd looks. I'm not sure they believed that it would (hopefully) end up like the picture on the pattern.

We'll see.

snephenie
07-13-2005, 06:47 PM

Psst! If you're the one who balances the checkbook, don't write Michael's in the register--write the local grocery store in. (Addicts can be very sneaky!)

**Mod Squad was here :thumbsup:

We both do it, but he is SO anal about it. He would see it on the online banking....dern that new technology!

Ingrid
07-13-2005, 07:14 PM
Well, I guess you'll have to stick to that nicely anonymous ATM! ;)

Hildegard_von_Knittin
07-14-2005, 12:29 AM
Clog KAL started!!!!! HERE (http://knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2571)

Ellen Edwards
07-14-2005, 11:42 PM
Gee GLC--my husband and son always stop at Hooters and get beer and wings before they come back home to DIL and me---and they don't want to say how many they had. But then....they've never said they had PIECES of beer before either!!!! :rollseyes: Men--you can't shoot 'em....oops! I guess that's been proven wrong , huh!! And they can also be run :roflhard: over about 8 times accidently with a car, too. But you get jail time for that one!!