PDA

View Full Version : MORE yarn!!!

kemp
07-12-2005, 01:08 PM
UGGH!!! I was just checking out the new sticky Amy has on the buy/sell/swap forum for "tell us about your knitting business". Has anyone else checked out knitwerx.com??? :inlove: :inlove:

I just broke my yarn probation (AGAIN) since they have great prices and a 10% discount coupon right now.

Gotta quit fooling around here and get to knitting!!!!!!!!!

brendajos
07-12-2005, 01:18 PM
:rollseyes: helloyarn.com just put up an new batch of the hand spun too. i am doing everything i can to force myself to not add some of it to my basket...cuz my basket at home is already full...but i reeeeeeeeeeally want some of the perdy stuff!

kemp
07-12-2005, 01:27 PM
ooooohhhhhh, it IS pretty! Love the handspun/hand dyed stuff. I have some natural wool upstairs just waiting to be done. :inlove:

wildforyarn
07-12-2005, 08:02 PM
Ooooh, I love the yarn at helloyarn.com, but don't have the money to purchase any of it right now. Handspun, hand-dyed is my favorite type! I love how it looks. I am taking a spinning class on Thursday and would love to learn how to handspin my own yarn. :happydance:

rebecca
07-13-2005, 08:22 PM
OMGoodness, I saw knitwwerx, too. But...I have 28 balls of sock yarn on the way and my new set of needles (I wanted an entire set of the same kind of single pt needles and I love my dpns of the same type, so he ordered sizes 1 - 15 of Susan Bates Quicksilver needles for me...they r great!!) that my sweetness bought for me just arrived today...so I'm NOT going to look at knitting websites for a few days...I'm gonna try....lol! I do love that site!
But I did just see this new sock book that is coming out in Aug that I must have...but that's next month....plenty of time ;)

Hildegard_von_Knittin
07-13-2005, 10:21 PM
I just got more yarn too! This is for my F.T. clogs for christmas presents... I couldn't decide between 2 colors for the pair for my brother, so I got them both. And some extra stuff for ME. :happydance: I'm making clogs for me, my hsuband, my mom, her husband, and my brother. YIKES!

I already posted this pic on my blog, but since it's so great, I have to post it again! I might post it AGAIN again! (no, i'm kidding).

Ingrid
07-13-2005, 10:28 PM
Everywhere I look I see your huge new stash. Its just not fair, I say!

Rorshach
07-13-2005, 10:44 PM
Gee, Hilde, I don't know, I don't think you have enough yarn there. :roflhard:

KellyK
07-13-2005, 11:30 PM

Ingrid, you shouldn't say things like that to Hildie...she's just gonna make an innuendo of some sort out of it! :rollseyes:

Nuno930
07-13-2005, 11:32 PM

Ingrid, you shouldn't say things like that to Hildie...she's just gonna make an innuendo of some sort out of it! :rollseyes:

Oooh Oooh let me try one... My Hildie you could sure make some HUGE bags with that stash.

Good, no?

Hildegard_von_Knittin
07-14-2005, 12:18 AM
:shock: I am sad hurt that you would suggest such a thing :verysad:

Hey! Look what i found! i wonder how many of these (http://www.dangliebits.com/images/weewilly.jpg)I could make with all that yarn! (sorry, gentlemen)

amp926
07-14-2005, 12:23 AM
I can't see it!!!
:??

LisaD715
07-14-2005, 12:29 AM
I just went on the website and found it....lol, too funny.......I bet you could do MANY of them with all that yarn Hilde!!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
07-14-2005, 12:30 AM
sorry, I fixed it!

KellyK
07-14-2005, 07:18 AM
NIK, DONT ENCOURAGE HER!!! :fingerwag:

:roflhard:

Ingrid
07-14-2005, 07:42 AM
:shock: I am sad hurt that you would suggest such a thing :verysad:

Hey! Look what i found! i wonder how many of these (http://www.dangliebits.com/images/weewilly.jpg)I could make with all that yarn! (sorry, gentlemen)

You could really hurt someone's feelings with those things--make a super small size.

kemp
07-14-2005, 08:37 AM
OMGoodness, I saw knitwwerx, too. But...I have 28 balls of sock yarn on the way and my new set of needles (I wanted an entire set of the same kind of single pt needles and I love my dpns of the same type, so he ordered sizes 1 - 15 of Susan Bates Quicksilver needles for me...they r great!!) that my sweetness bought for me just arrived today...so I'm NOT going to look at knitting websites for a few days...I'm gonna try....lol! I do love that site!
But I did just see this new sock book that is coming out in Aug that I must have...but that's next month....plenty of time ;)

Wow, that should be enought to keep you busy for quite a while! Your DH is a big sweetie pie!

kemp
07-14-2005, 08:40 AM
I just got more yarn too! This is for my F.T. clogs for christmas presents... I couldn't decide between 2 colors for the pair for my brother, so I got them both. And some extra stuff for ME. :happydance: I'm making clogs for me, my hsuband, my mom, her husband, and my brother. YIKES!

I already posted this pic on my blog, but since it's so great, I have to post it again! I might post it AGAIN again! (no, i'm kidding).

WOW!!! I wish you lived closer, Hilde. You are a woman after my own heart! Somehow I don't even feel guilty when those nice, big boxes arrive.

That is a LOT of clogs. You will be the clog expert by the time you are finished. Maybe you should start a KAL??? So many people were interested in gettting started on those for x-mas gifts!

KellyK
07-14-2005, 09:10 AM
She already did. :shifty:

kemp
07-14-2005, 09:13 AM
Fabulous! Should've checked that first...

I think I am about ready to move on to my next pair. Did it already start?

KellyK
07-14-2005, 09:14 AM
HERE'S the link. (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2571)

kemp
07-14-2005, 09:15 AM
Thanks! :happydance:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
07-14-2005, 02:23 PM
AND it will be ongoing! Since so many people are making them, and sometimes more than one pair. (kk is making a bajillion yottillia-exillia-trilliard eleventyplex googol quadrixvigintiv milli-millimillillion and 1, at last count).

MaryS
07-14-2005, 02:59 PM
Hildie,

I LOVE your number (I'm a CPA). Now if I could just figure out how to enter it in my computer.

TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!

I also wanted to say I love all the new avatars - Hildie's, KellyK's, Knitqueen (cute boy), and Rorschak.

Some year I'm going to get a digital camera.

Mary

Hildegard_von_Knittin
07-14-2005, 07:38 PM
yeah, big numbers are cool. I didn't realize that there were so many!!!

I have a bajillion eleventyplex trillion skeins of yarn!

KellyK
07-14-2005, 09:23 PM
Im particularly fond of "eleventyplex". :roflhard: