PDA

View Full Version : Fiber Trends Clogs - The ULTIMATE RESOURCE

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

koolbreeze
09-18-2005, 11:19 PM
awww Ingrid u noticed i wasn't here!! *sniff sniff* i feel so loved! this thing is fast!!! i thought sombody deleted my post but then i remembered there was a thread on FT clogs, so i checked here before i blew up! ;) i'm thinking of doing pink since i haven't seen any pink ones... :thinking: whats up with that. seems everyone likes naturals and earth tones...nobody like funky feet!!! ha ha that came out funky! :roflhard:

Ingrid
09-18-2005, 11:22 PM
That's true--nobody likes funky feet! Mine are lavendar and dark purple. I don't think I ever posted a pic. :thinking:

koolbreeze
09-18-2005, 11:23 PM
hey Jodi itotally missed your clogs!! :heart: them. now thats what i'm talkin about. nice and bright!

koolbreeze
09-18-2005, 11:24 PM
That's true--nobody likes funky feet! Mine are lavendar and dark purple. I don't think I ever posted a pic. :thinking:

i bet those r pretty!!!

KellyK
09-19-2005, 12:14 AM
YEAH! What's up with THAT, Ingrid?!? We need PICS!

Ennormir
09-19-2005, 09:49 AM

i bet those r pretty!!!

I would love to see them!!! I want to make myself some after I'm finished with my looooooong list of scarves. I think I may be doing scarves until next year...lol.

totally off topic comment: koolbreeze, your signature is HILARIOUS!!!! MUAHAHAH!!! :roflhard:

Danielle
09-19-2005, 10:04 AM
Well...I started the sole of one clog last night and ended up frogging it about 3 times and finally decided to quit. I wear a ladies size 11 shoe but my pattern only has the ladies 6, 8, & 10, and the men's sizes. When I made my booga bag out of kureyon, it didn't really shrink the first time I washed it. The second time through the wash, it shrunk to the right size...I still want to try using the kureyon. What size would you suggest I knit for my big feet?

InterNette
09-19-2005, 10:14 AM
still frogging my first one. I have honestly lost count to date how many times i have lost my place. i have written them out in first grader style, made highlights, notes and i keep getting to wear i can see it is a clog only about 4 rows from the end off and i lose track. i cant seem to count the rows so i end up tearing it apart to wear the join in the round is. A few times went to far and had to go back to that evil short row two. I think it is official " I am clogged challenged", who knew of this afflication, is there some kind of testing for it? Can it be cured or treated? I think I need a cold compress on my head and some nerve calming tonic or pills?

koolbreeze
09-19-2005, 10:21 AM
i know i wear a 7 in mens and i wear and 8 1/2 / 9 in womens. but since the pattern only comes in mens 11 & 13 i don't think making the small mens will work... :thinking: what if you made the womens 10 and only felt it once?

Ennormir
09-19-2005, 11:42 AM
Well...I started the sole of one clog last night and ended up frogging it about 3 times and finally decided to quit. I wear a ladies size 11 shoe but my pattern only has the ladies 6, 8, & 10, and the men's sizes. When I made my booga bag out of kureyon, it didn't really shrink the first time I washed it. The second time through the wash, it shrunk to the right size...I still want to try using the kureyon. What size would you suggest I knit for my big feet?

maybe you could knit a man's size? I know I wear size 8 in mens, so maybe if you make one of those it would work.

P.S. I just bought that Nickel Creek cd! I have every single cd of theirs, I love them!

KellyK
09-19-2005, 03:55 PM
Just make the largest women's size....you felt these things to fit, so the process is very forgiving. Plus, they stretch when still wet. DONT GIVE UP! Just get yourself some quiet time with NO INTERRUPTIONS while you work on the evilest row...your next pair(s) will be SO much easier!

koolbreeze
09-19-2005, 05:11 PM
and the evilest row is????

Danielle
09-19-2005, 05:32 PM
I tried it again this morning...I decided to do the ladies size 10. I'm using the Kureyon, and so far, so good. But now I need help!!! I am really confused. I have finished the first sole, and now it says to begin the upper part of the clog. Knit one row and mark as right side. Do not turn. Join into round: Bring the beginning of the last row up onto the point of left needle, place a marker on needle and knit one complete round, joining work at heel in the process. This is what is confusing me. How do I join the work at heel?? Please help!!

Ingrid
09-19-2005, 05:36 PM
You knit that row, now you're going to start to knit in the round. The place where your first and last stitch come together happens to be at the heel. So the beginning of your first circular row is at the heel. The 'joining at the heel' happens automatically.

Jazzmatazz
09-19-2005, 10:15 PM
Also, that part about "do not turn" is important. I think I turned mine the first time I did a clog and that's why it was inside out!

Danielle
09-20-2005, 08:47 AM
Thanks for the help!! ;) In my mind I was thinking it meant to join the sole instead of the heel :doh: ...That's why I was so confused! I knitted last night until 11 and got my first clog finished!! I was surprised how easy the shaping was!!! I hope my second clog goes as smoothly as the first. I thought about starting the second one while I am at work today, but I don't think I need any distractions on these clogs! It is a lot of counting! When I get home from work tonight I am going to stock up on some knitpicks WOTA. How many skeins does it take to do the 2 color clogs?? These will make great Christmas gifts!

KellyK
09-20-2005, 09:08 AM
Your second one will be even EASIER! :cheering:

For the 2-color clogs, you buy 2/3 of the sole/cuff color and 1/3 for the upper. How many depends on which size you are making. Every pair I have made with WOTA has been under 10 bucks!

Julie
09-20-2005, 10:13 AM
Here are my 24-hour girly clogs!! I started these near the end of the Emmys and finished them around 9 last night! And I got another sole and upper done too -- of course my dd and her best firend MUST have matching clogs. :thumbsup:

KellyK
09-20-2005, 11:21 AM
Those look AWESOME! I cant wait to get started on mine!!!! :cheering:

jodstr2
09-20-2005, 12:06 PM
:inlove: oooh! I love that pink and purple!!! :inlove:

InterNette
09-20-2005, 02:32 PM
Sure you finished them during the Emmy's, sigh..................I am going to go sulk a bit and maybe give myself a talking to.

Julie
09-20-2005, 02:48 PM
:cheering: Cheer up!! Remember, I've done them before...my first ones didn't go nearly as fast. I was grumbling (and swearing a little too much!) and I thought that if I ever finished them, I'd never make them again...but I did it! And you will too!!

gimmesanity
09-20-2005, 05:55 PM
Yay, Julie!! :cheering: Those are soo yummy in the purples....mine seem so boring now. I have DH's still left to make, but they'll be two shades of grey. Booorrring.

gimmesanity
09-20-2005, 06:02 PM
For those who have the kid pattern: iHow small are the kid sizes in the childrens pattern?

KellyK
09-20-2005, 07:05 PM
:lol: I made a pair for another male friend for his BDay in Stream and Mist WOTA, and MY DH asked me why I didnt use BLACK and mist..."more manly" he says. He LIKES boring, I guess!

Julie
09-20-2005, 08:28 PM
I have the kid pattern...another reason my clogs go so quickly! ;) The sizes are to fit foot length 5" (6", 7", 8", 9"). The 6" fits my two-year old, and the 8" fits my five-year old, to give you an idea of the range.

jodstr2
09-20-2005, 09:02 PM
I finally ordered my 32 skeins of WOTA yesterday for one round of Christmas cloggies.
I'm still trying to decide on the best way to make them fit.
I may decide to make 3 more pairs for others on our list. we'll see.

Julie
09-21-2005, 05:31 PM
Okay, I'm completely clogged out now!!

KellyK
09-21-2005, 05:33 PM
OH but their enthusiasm will make it all worth it! SO CUTE!

InterNette
09-21-2005, 06:58 PM
OMG

Ingrid
09-21-2005, 07:01 PM
They're mulitplying like bunnies! Nice work.

Hang in there, Annette!! :cheering:

jodstr2
09-21-2005, 08:35 PM
Annette - you'll do fine. really. stick with it. just be patient with yourself and tell yourself what I told myself - FELTING HIDES MOST BOOBOOS.

Julie - :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: yummy yummy YUMMMMMMMYYYYYY colors! !!! :drooling:

Danielle
09-22-2005, 07:32 PM
I am so excited!!! I just finished my second clog, and the pair are in the washer felting right now!! I hope they turn out okay...I took some pics before felting, and will take some after and post them tonight! Thanks to everyone for the help!! :D

Ingrid
09-22-2005, 07:43 PM
:cheering: :cheering:

KellyK
09-22-2005, 08:00 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOH, Danielle! Cant wait to see em!

Danielle
09-22-2005, 10:31 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: My clogs are now finished!! (wet, but finished!) I am really pleased with them! The striping is a little off between the pair, but I think overall they match pretty good!! I had to put them through the wash 3 times to get them to felt the way I wanted...The first 2 times they were in a pillowcase, and the 3rd time I just threw them in with some heavy bath towels and they came out the right size!

Now I want to get started making some for Christmas gifts....KnitPicks here I come! I just don't know what colors to get....so many to choose from!

btw, I knitted using only one strand instead of double like it said in the directions...I didn't have enough to do double and mine came out just fine with the one.... :thumbsup:

Here are some pics of my clogs:

jodstr2
09-22-2005, 10:34 PM
:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

:drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling:

:thumbsup: great job, Danielle!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

KellyK
09-22-2005, 10:54 PM
I LIKE em with stripes!!!!

Danielle
09-22-2005, 11:00 PM
Thanks!! ;)

When you all are using the WOTA for your clogs, are you using one strand, or double? Just wondering so I know how much to order from knitpicks...Also, do you know of any online retailers for the suede bottoms? There are no stores in my area that carry them.

InterNette
09-22-2005, 11:21 PM
Those are so cool. It is torture but very very cool. I love that subtle striping.

Ingrid
09-22-2005, 11:37 PM
The best!!!!!!

Julie
09-23-2005, 12:03 AM
They turned out great, Danielle! :inlove:

I've made mine with both WOTA and Araucania Nature Wool, and both times I doubled. I was a little skittish after my first pair, which took three hours to felt. I think it was the yarn...but I also didn't double it and that was the only direction I didn't follow, so I've been playing it safe!

I am done, too...clogged out for a while, though it was fun to take the girls down to the washer and give them a li'l science lesson about wool... :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/j-m-h/girls-clogs4.jpg

KellyK
09-23-2005, 12:15 AM
They look GREAT, Jul!

I would DEFINITELY double your WOTA.

Julie
09-23-2005, 12:19 AM
Thanks, Kelly -- a little sneak preview for you. ;) And I don't know what size you're making in the kids' clogs, but if you need them, I have the size large row directions typed out separately for convenience. That reeeally helped me not screw up!!

KellyK
09-23-2005, 12:21 AM
Im so used to those directions after making 4 pairs....but, thanks!

Danielle
09-23-2005, 10:00 AM
Thanks!!

Julie, yours look great too!! I love the colors you used!

My clogs are sort of shaped funky, but I think my second pair will turn out better now that I know what I'm doing :lol:

Okay...I've got one more question. Since I experimented with the Kureyon (I wear sz 11, and made the ladies 10 and they fit fine). With the WOTA should I do the ladies 10 or men's 11 for me? I have never used WOTA and don't know how it shrinks...

jodstr2
09-23-2005, 11:26 AM
do you know of any online retailers for the suede bottoms? There are no stores in my area that carry them.

I juuuuust saw them in a catalog - patternworks.com maybe?

KellyK
09-23-2005, 12:01 PM
My clogs are sort of shaped funky, but I think my second pair will turn out better now that I know what I'm doing :lol:

I always pull & shape them a little each time I check them during the felting process...it helps!

Danielle
09-23-2005, 01:20 PM
I'm trying to decide on the colors to order from knitpicks for the clogs...I think I've decided on violet & hush for me, coal & mist for my dad, but I can't decide what to get for my mom...her fav color is blue. What two colors would you all suggest?

jodstr2
09-23-2005, 01:39 PM
I like Winter Night sole/Blue Bonnet upper. nice deep rich dark blue and a bright happy energetic blue. but I'm biased, Blue Bonnet is dang close to the color of my car.

or, if those 2 are 'too close' and you want more of a dark/light, maybe Winter Night/Rain... or Stream/Chambray? or Rain/Chambray?
Stream and Chambray together tho, might have more a slight "greenish" tinge to it.

all the blues at KP are pretty... I say you can't go wrong combining any of them.

MaryS
09-23-2005, 02:30 PM
Mine are going to be in Rain/Bluebonnet - I think that's what I ordered for me.
I get the first pair to work out any "kinks" in doing the pattern. It's going to be my first felting experience. :happydance:

Then I go into Christmas production mode. :XX: :XX: :XX:

Mary

Danielle
09-23-2005, 08:02 PM
Since I experimented with the Kureyon (I wear sz 11, and made the ladies 10 and they fit fine). With the WOTA should I do the ladies 10 or men's 11 for me? I have never used WOTA and don't know how it shrinks...

Jazzmatazz
09-24-2005, 09:04 AM
Wow, those kureyon clogs are cool! I finally felted my cranberry/snickerdoodle WOTA clogs. I had to make 3, as the first one was inside out. This link takes you to the picture, and the cat belongs to my son and daughter-in-law who are here because of Katrina. We're all becoming cat-lovers, who'd have thunk it?!
http://tinyurl.com/dkyz2

KellyK
09-24-2005, 09:39 AM
THey look GREAT! Especially with a kitty on them! Kitties anhance EVERYTHING, dont they??

I knit all but the second sole of one of Ella's XS Chirstmas Cloggies last night...WOW that was FAST! And, after having seen nothing but HUGE clogs before, DH and I were giggling....even though it fits on my foot with a smidge of stretching, it looks TINY! Will take a pic after adding second sole.

Julie
09-24-2005, 10:34 AM
The little ones are sooo adorable :heart:

It makes me want to knit another pair for my two-year-old! :D

KellyK
09-24-2005, 10:58 AM
The only problem is with the length of the circs....by the time I got to the cuff, it was down to 25 sts! REALLY stretched!

Vendie
09-24-2005, 11:15 AM
ok, so I've been showing DH pictures from this thread to give him an idea of what the clogs look like pre-felting and post-felting....I have to say this is the first project of mine that he is REALLY excited about...He can't wait to have warm tootsies this winter! BTW, he thinks they all look awesome! Great job everyone!

jodstr2
09-24-2005, 11:17 AM
:happydance: great job, Jazzmatazz! :happydance:
the kitty looks like she approves, too!

KellyK
09-24-2005, 12:34 PM
Here is the first of Ella's clogs...its the XS size..WOTA tulip and violet. With sleeping pooches for perspetive.

Ingrid
09-24-2005, 12:37 PM
That looks so cute just the way it is. I guess the adult ones are so big by comparison, that this looks 'normal'.

koolbreeze
09-24-2005, 08:01 PM
started my clogs today... finally got my interchangeables. remember when i thought i had a set for free just had to buy the cables... well it turned out i didn't know there was a back side to the pack of Boyes! :doh: so i didn't have a whole set and decided to buy one. i got it for $35 on ebay!! :happydance: but anyway just want to let you know progress... i have frogged: :frog: :frog: :frog:

Ingrid
09-24-2005, 08:43 PM
I don't think anyone here has made their first clog without frogging a couple or more times!

Jouf
09-25-2005, 02:20 PM
Well, here's my first pair. I was attempting to just use up what wool yarn I had around. It was bulky Brown Sheep yarn, so I used one strand. Didn't have enough for real contrasting anything, so this is what I ended up with:

jodstr2
09-25-2005, 02:58 PM
:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: Jouf: cooozzzyyy!!!

very cute. I love that bright salmon/melon color! :D :thumbsup: :heart:

KellyK
09-25-2005, 03:35 PM
Those look VERY cool! Did you just use the pink to BO? How did you get that thin little stripe?

koolbreeze
09-25-2005, 03:40 PM
CONFUSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm trying to finish the cuff and i don't understand...

With wrong sides together (purl side out)what does that mean?, fold the cuff so that the 2 needles are together:shock:. Hold both needles in left hand..
With working needle, *knit together a stitch from the front needle ans a stitch from the back needle,* repeat round. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: i have no idea what this means!!!!

BTW Jouf~ i love your colors!!!

KellyK
09-25-2005, 03:42 PM
Its a 3-needle BO, Carmell...have you watched Amy's video?

koolbreeze
09-25-2005, 03:59 PM
well uhhh no. why didn't they just SAY that was what it was! duh... sorry to have bothered you! ;)

KellyK
09-25-2005, 04:09 PM
No bother! Someone else is bound to have the same question, and now they'll find the answer here! :thumbsup:

Ingrid
09-25-2005, 04:10 PM
Jouf--Did you get that affect by making the inner sole pink? I really like that. Your tops look nice and smooth, too. Mine are a little lumpy. Nice job!

Jouf
09-25-2005, 06:00 PM
Thanks! At first that little stripe upset me, but now I like it!

I didn't have enough gray to do it all or enough pink to do the contrast. SO I just did the inner sole pink, picked up with gray to finish. Then when you pick up the stitches from the inner sole to knit with the gray outer sole, it pulled the stitch and made the stripe.

I was thinking....you know you could easily stitch a big loupy initial with the contrast (thinking Laverne's big L) on the toe area before felting. I think it'd be real cute. But which way does it face, the wearer or the observer? I guess the observer. Maybe a flower would be better.

Ingrid, maybe you just need to felt again. I did mine again one more time after that photo, just to snug it up a little more on my foot.

I was doing that felting at 1:00 in the morning. At 1:30 it still looked huge and I was thinking these were going to have to go to a man since no woman has a foot bigger than mine. But I set the washer to go one more time and just went to bed. Got up in the middle of what was left of the night and they finally had done it!

Danielle
09-25-2005, 08:02 PM
:cheering: I finally placed my order with knitpicks! I decided on violet/hush for me, coal/mist for dad, blue bonnet/rain for mom, and mist/fog for mamaw...Can't wait to get started!! With the WOTA, does it felt on the first try, or does it usually take more than one time? Since my washer is a front loader, I don't have a way of checking them while they are washing, so I basically have to toss them in and hope for the best :)

koolbreeze
09-25-2005, 08:45 PM
Jouf~ you brought up a good idea! why not felt a letter on the top of the clog with felt and felting needles hmmm. i have some... :thinking: wrong color but that might make them moreintesting... :thinking:

KellyK
09-25-2005, 09:08 PM
With the WOTA, does it felt on the first try, or does it usually take more than one time?
Its really hard to answer that question...Im not sure that anyone here has used a front loader...if you read through this thread from the beginning, you are going to find a few different answers. Im thinking that a front loader would provide more agitation than a top loader, but I could be wrong. Do you have a friend or family member that would let you use their top loader so you can check it?

KellyK
09-25-2005, 10:50 PM
Ella's clogs...

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/ft_clog_for_ella_182.jpg

Jouf
09-25-2005, 11:03 PM
KK - too cute.

Julie
09-26-2005, 12:36 AM
HEE!! So cute!!! I can't wait to see them felted!!

KellyK
09-26-2005, 12:44 AM
Thanks! How hard is it gonna be to wait until CHRISTMAS?!?!

margie
09-26-2005, 07:56 AM
Hi Guys-

I just started my first pair of clogs yesterday. I have a question!!! I figured out (I think) row 2, and am just humming along. Forced myself to "just stop knitting" last night so I could go to sleep. My question: I am making these for my sister as a Christmas present. She wears size 7 shoes. I was making the size 6 clogs, since I had heard other people say that they would be huge and that you can control the size somewhat with the felting. I am on row 11 or 12, I think, and they look small! What do you think- should I be doing the next size up? I am so excited about doing the clogs- it was confusing trying to figure out the beginning, but I think I got it!! :cheering:

KellyK
09-26-2005, 08:09 AM
Nope - I think you did the right thing. I did the next size up for DH & they took FOREVER to felt down to the right size! I mean, like, 13 washings!! :shock:

margie
09-26-2005, 08:54 AM
Okay, thanks Kelly!! I know it's early to be judging size- but the sole just doesn't look very big. Maybe after it has a big honkin' top to it, it won't look so small anymore!! I got a blister on my finger knitting last night- my husband just laughed at me.............. :rofling:

koolbreeze
09-26-2005, 09:47 AM
one down one to go!!!!!

Ennormir
09-26-2005, 11:21 AM
Okay, thanks Kelly!! I know it's early to be judging size- but the sole just doesn't look very big. Maybe after it has a big honkin' top to it, it won't look so small anymore!! I got a blister on my finger knitting last night- my husband just laughed at me.............. :rofling:

OOH!!! I did that! I went crazy one night trying to get my sister's scarf finished. It wasn't very smart of me though, because I couldn't knit for the next three days without a sharp, stinging pain in my finger. :( LOL

KellyK
09-26-2005, 11:49 AM
We've all had our knitting injuries.....its a chance we take for the love of our craft! *sigh*

margie
09-26-2005, 03:51 PM
Okay, time for another question- these clogs are so much fun!1!

I finished the first clog, with the exception of the outer sole. I've sewed the seam of the other sole, and am at the part where it says " beginning at heel with right side facing, use the spare circular needle to pick up the top loops of the last ridge of garter st around the outer edge of slipper sole."

I don't quite understand. Am I picking up the vvvvvvvvvvv around the edge? In that case it would be 2 loops for each stitch, so that doesn't seem right. or am I going in between the v's underneath to get that loop that is under?

hope I don't sound like a total doofus...........
:oops:

KellyK
09-26-2005, 04:21 PM
Nope - you are gonna pick up the inverted U shaped LOOP. It is easier to see if you have knit the clogs in two colors...when I get home I try to find something to take a picture of, unless someone gets to it before me...

MaryS
09-26-2005, 05:59 PM
Ok, dumb question number one:

What caston did everyone use? :??

I thought long tail caston (which is what I normally use) might be too bulky down the center of the sole, so on my first pair I used a backward loop caston. It worked well except I had a little trouble with the first M1 in the second row. It was a little hard to get the needle tip in, but I managed.
Any thoughts or advice?

This pattern is great! Ready to do the cuff and second sole on my first pair tonight.

Kelly, Thanks for the tip about the needle length! I'm loving my new Denises with the short cable. :thumbsup:

Going home now to :XX: :XX: :XX: (and watch football)

Mary

Ingrid
09-26-2005, 06:00 PM
I did long tail and never gave it a second thought. No thick seam at all.

Julie
09-26-2005, 06:01 PM
Margie...when I made my 2nd pair, I took pictures all the way through, so I'd have them as a reference. :D I didn't take a pic *while* I was picking up the stitches to join the 2nd sole...but here is what it will look like when you're done:

MaryS
09-26-2005, 06:02 PM
Thanks, Ingrid!

I'll probably do that with the second, etc. pair then. I really do prefer long-tail.

Mary

KellyK
09-26-2005, 06:19 PM
Long tail also works great for these because You get a nice knit-st border to seam down the middle of the sole. Easy to see, the sts are easy to match up for even seaming!

Vendie
09-26-2005, 09:23 PM
WOOOO HOOOO!!!!

I've got one cloggie done

WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!

ok. thank you.

Ingrid
09-26-2005, 09:28 PM
:cheering: :cheering:

margie
09-26-2005, 09:32 PM
Oh Good Grief!!!!!!!!!!! I figured out the last problem, but now I have another............ I am at the point where I join the outer sole to the inner. I have the 2nd circ on the slipper, but I can't figure out how I am supposed to join the 2nd sole to it. Am I holding 2 needles in left hand and working end of circ in right? If I do it the way it seems like I should, it looks like I'll have a tangles up mess. I did the 3 needle bind off for the cuff, but I can't figure this out. :(

Ingrid
09-26-2005, 09:41 PM
It's like three needle bind off without the bind off. Just keep knitting the stitches together.

Vendie
09-26-2005, 09:44 PM
I was just going to say that....the Great Ingy beat me again : ) (usually with more accurate info :shifty: )

margie
09-27-2005, 07:52 AM
Okay, I really should be packing my kid's lunches right now, but really quick: I think I messed up my clog last night. Maybe I'll be able to figure it out this morning and I just needed to go to bed. The 3 needle bind off without binding off was confusing to me- I was able to do the bind off for the cuff, but that was the first time I'd ever done one, so maybe it was a fluke that I got it right? I watched Amy's video and tried and tried but I don't think I got it. When you are done the round, is the circ really tight on the bottom of the clog? Mine is, and I don't see how I will be able to knit around and M1 and all that for the next round. Also, the M1 seems to be more difficult. Any advice??

KellyK
09-27-2005, 08:06 AM
If your sts are way too tight, maybe you want to pick up those sts with an extra strand of yarn, instead of just putting the existing garter loops onto your needle. It gives you a little extra "play". I do it that way, anyway, and Ive had no problem.

Julie
09-27-2005, 09:48 AM
Also, if you can get through the first few stitches, you'll be fine because you'll be binding them off as you go. :thumbsup:

margie
09-27-2005, 10:44 AM
Hooray!!!!! :cheering:

I have a clog!!! I have sore fingers!!!! But I have a clog!!!

jodstr2
09-27-2005, 11:16 AM
:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

KellyK
09-27-2005, 11:54 AM
It looks GREAT!

Julie
09-27-2005, 01:44 PM
:cheering:

Danielle
09-27-2005, 02:05 PM
Great job!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

koolbreeze
09-27-2005, 02:50 PM
mine doesn't look like that...:verysad:
WTG anyway! :thumbsup:

blueslady
09-27-2005, 07:02 PM
Margie
Your clogs look exactly like mine. Don't you just love them? Hopefully I will use mine next winter. Rebecca :)

koolbreeze
09-27-2005, 08:02 PM
blueslady... whats wong with this winter?!?!?!? :??

KellyK
09-27-2005, 08:14 PM
OMG...I just saw that this thread has almost 9,500 views!!!!! :shock:

Ingrid
09-27-2005, 09:17 PM
OMG...I just saw that this thread has almost 9,500 views!!!!! :shock:

:shock: :shock: :shock: WOW :shock: :shock: :shock:

blueslady
09-28-2005, 12:40 AM
Hi koolbreeze

It's summer in California, so I'm waiting for winter coming up. :happydance:

foothills
09-28-2005, 08:02 AM
Ok...I have pulled out the pattern to review...GETTING CLOSER TO BEGINNING :happydance: ..when measured recently, Dawson's foot length is 7 1/2 inches, so rather than read this entire thread :lol: , should go with 7 inches or 8 inches for the clogs?

Joyce

KellyK
09-28-2005, 08:03 AM
Are you a tight or loose knitter, Joyce?

foothills
09-28-2005, 08:11 AM
No one has ever told me, but my knitting isn't what I'd call "tight"...I'm fairly relaxed with my hands while knitting...not loose either :roflhard:

KellyK
09-28-2005, 08:15 AM
Well, seeing he's going to continue to GROW.....maybe go with the 8". You can re-wash and stretch them when they get too snug...maybe you can get them to last a couple years that way?

foothills
09-28-2005, 08:20 AM
OK...I'll go with the 8...everyone's clogs are lovely...who started this "clogitus"...YOU, Kelly?!!! :roflhard:

KellyK
09-28-2005, 08:26 AM
I made my first pair some time ago, but it was our Hildie who had the FABU idea for this here perpetual KAL!

koolbreeze
09-28-2005, 09:26 AM
Hi koolbreeze

It's summer in California, so I'm waiting for winter coming up. :happydance:

when does winter start in Cali?

koolbreeze
09-28-2005, 09:30 AM
o crap! please please don't tell me we were supposed to go by inches when choosing the correct size to make the clogs!!!! i went by my shoe size!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pray:

foothills
09-28-2005, 10:37 AM
The pattern for the child's clog reads to fit foot length up to and gives inches...so I don't know about the adult pattern since I don't have one...I do have a question already with reading the beginning of the pattern instructions...On row 2:, it ends with k1(period) and then lists (37,43,51,55,61 sts)...is this the number (for instance 55 for 8 inches) that I should end with on row 2 before beginning Row 3 which reads Knit only? :??

koolbreeze
09-28-2005, 10:51 AM
yes, that is what it means. i have the child pattern to and it is just like the adult. to make it easier for me to know what i am supposed to be knitting i circled all the numbers that i was to knit so i wouldn't get lost.

KellyK
09-28-2005, 11:06 AM
The adult pattern goes by shoe size, the child's pattern by inches. :thumbsup:

margie
09-28-2005, 11:40 AM
My clogs are DONE!!! I am so excited! The second one went SOOOOOOO much faster than the first. What a fun pattern!! These are for my sister for Christmas. I see lots of clogs in my future.............

Danielle
09-28-2005, 11:49 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: WTG, Margie!! They look great! I think I ordered those same colors from knitpicks for one pair of clogs for a Christmas gift...Is it mist & fog?

KellyK
09-28-2005, 11:55 AM
YAYYYY MARGIE!! :cheering:

Danielle
09-28-2005, 01:50 PM
After seeing all the pics of the clogs before felting, I think I am knitting my cuffs wrong. :thinking: You know the braided looking edge you get when you cast off?? Mine is always on the top of the clogs. Is that right or wrong?

KellyK
09-28-2005, 02:35 PM
Mine kinda blends in, but wherever it is, I think it will felt right in.

koolbreeze
09-28-2005, 03:35 PM
The adult pattern goes by shoe size, the child's pattern by inches. :thumbsup:

*whew* thank you Kelly.. had me a little scared there for a minute!!! :heart:

koolbreeze
09-28-2005, 05:06 PM
whoo hoo!! my clogs are felting as o type this... just a warning... if they look like crap... you all will NOT be seeing them! ;)

KellyK
09-28-2005, 05:23 PM
They WONT look like crap, and PLEEEEAAAAASE show us, no matter what?? :pray:

koolbreeze
09-28-2005, 05:31 PM
:shock:
very very very bad thing happened!!!!!!!!!! my cuff on one of my clogs unraveled half way in the washer!!!! i might be able to fix it... but i don't know yet. :verysad:

margie
09-28-2005, 05:43 PM
very very very bad thing happened!!!!!!!!!! my cuff on one of my clogs unraveled half way in the washer!!!! i might be able to fix it... but i don't know yet. :verysad:

:verysad:

Oooooooh, I hope you were able to fix it. I love felting, since it hides so much!! give it a try. Let us see pics, no matter what- I'm sure they are fine!! :thumbsup:

KellyK
09-28-2005, 05:56 PM
OH NOOO! Ill keep my crossables crossed for ya, Carmell!!

I just cast on & knit 3 rows of MILs Cranberry/Mist Clogs....she loves those DEEP reds!

Ingrid
09-28-2005, 06:18 PM
OH NOOO! Ill keep my crossables crossed for ya, Carmell!!

I just cast on & knit 3 rows of MILs Cranberry/Mist Clogs....she loves those DEEP reds!

Miss Kelly Louise!! Now how can you say, on the same page, that you were "crossing your crossables" AND knitting? Hmmmm. I know you're good, but NObody's that good. Did you smuggle home a resident?

KellyK
09-28-2005, 07:22 PM
NOOO Noo No. Ingrid, you misunderstood. I said I HAD JUST cast on & knit three rows....Ive been sitting here contorted ever since then, in hopes of helping Carmell! :rollseyes:

Ingrid
09-28-2005, 07:29 PM
:rollseyes: =wrong emoticon :--- =right emoticon

I do know, however, that your toes and eyes were crossed, right?

koolbreeze
09-28-2005, 07:35 PM
:roflhard:
ya'll are funny.
well i think it is fixable. i have sewn in the open loops that didn't unravel the cuff yarn and now i am about to try and knit the cuff! wish me luck!
i didn't take a pic of it fresh out of the washer but since i can fix it i'll take a pic of it now!!

Ingrid
09-28-2005, 07:40 PM
We're think of you!

KellyK
09-28-2005, 07:44 PM
EEEWWWWWWWWW!
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

koolbreeze
09-28-2005, 08:08 PM
well that was gross! :shock:

Ingrid
09-28-2005, 08:21 PM
Sorry--just crossed toes for ya! :oops:

koolbreeze
09-28-2005, 10:04 PM
:thumbsup: its ok Ingrind... i'm just a big fan of feet... matter of fact i really hate them! i only like baby feet but once the kid starts walking then i leave them alone. my 6 yr old knows this and puts his on me all the time Yuck!!!

anyway i think i fixed them so they are felting AGAIN!!!!

Ingrid
09-28-2005, 10:06 PM
I'm glad you could save it!!

KellyK
09-28-2005, 10:18 PM
I thought your toesies were funny and cute!! :mrgreen:

Ingrid
09-28-2005, 10:27 PM
Just for the record--they are not MY toes, they are anonymous toes from a google search. :rofling:

koolbreeze
09-28-2005, 10:36 PM
Just for the record--they are not MY toes, they are anonymous toes from a google search. :rofling:

o well thats good to know... i see u are pullin' a Kelly...
anyway my *clogs* are drying andd..... the are funky! i think i have created a new breed of clogs cause they don't look like clogs!!!! pics to come!

KellyK
09-28-2005, 11:48 PM
Ya know...you can kinda stretch and pull them into the shape of a clog....

I finished the first sole, upper & cuff of the first of my MIL's clogs tonight....

Jazzmatazz
09-29-2005, 07:33 AM
Clogs can have their own personality. Somehow, I knit and extra row on one of the soles of my avocado and pumpkin ones that are drying now. Or else I left off a row on the other one. Anyway, there is a wider one and a narrower one. It's my new trademark!

koolbreeze
09-29-2005, 09:55 AM
not all that satisfied with the colors... but cool i guess. the bumper and cuff could have felted more but i did want the rest of it to felt more! oh well... i'm only wearing them around the house!
before felting
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b263/koolbreeze76/clogs003.jpg

trying to fix the cuff.. :rollseyes:
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b263/koolbreeze76/clogs011.jpg
fixed
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b263/koolbreeze76/clogs012.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b263/koolbreeze76/clogs015.jpg

after felting still alittle wet
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b263/koolbreeze76/clogs.jpg

KellyK
09-29-2005, 10:51 AM
They look so FUN, Carmell!!!! :cheering:

koolbreeze
09-29-2005, 11:10 AM
thanks... i'll do better on dds. they have both been beggin for som and ds too.

margie
09-29-2005, 11:48 AM
Carmell, I love your clogs!!! They look like the perfect comfy thing to wear around the house. :cheering: :cheering:

margie
09-29-2005, 01:21 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: WTG, Margie!! They look great! I think I ordered those same colors from knitpicks for one pair of clogs for a Christmas gift...Is it mist & fog?

Danielle, I didn't use WOTA- it was Plymouth, Galway Highland Heather #702 for the uppers, and Galway #134 for the cuffs and soles.

Next, I am going to make a pair for my brother-in-law- size 13's.......I think I am going to try to find the soles for these ones. We'll see! I'm thinking either all black or possibly dark green/brown.

koolbreeze
09-29-2005, 02:49 PM

Danielle, I didn't use WOTA- it was Plymouth, Galway Highland Heather #702 for the uppers, and Galway #134 for the cuffs and soles.

Thanks
Next, I am going to make a pair for my brother-in-law- size 13's.......I think I am going to try to find the soles for these ones. We'll see! I'm thinking either all black or possibly dark green/brown.

i'll be making some 13 in the future for DH but i have to makes some for my kids first. i'm going to make them in navy blue

KellyK
09-29-2005, 10:04 PM
Finished one of MILs clogs tonight.....

MaryS
09-30-2005, 10:39 AM
I finished my clogs last night. :cheering: Tonight or tomorrow I'll be felting - for the first time! :happydance: I know HOW to do it - but I'm still a little nervous about putting 100% wool in the washer! Of course, the way they are now they'd be of no use to anyone except possibly a clown with cold feet. :roflhard: :roflhard:

THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN! :cheering: :cheering:

Mary

KellyK
09-30-2005, 12:09 PM
Everyone experiences "first-time felters' anxiety" Mary...they really WILL come out fine! Hot hot wash, VERY little (I mean, like, a tablespoon) detergent, jeans or canvase shoes or heavy towels or something to provide agitation, cold rinse, you'll be FINE! If you used WOTA (I dont remember) dont expect them to felt right away....stop the wash before it drains & rinses and check them....then you can use the same water, just turn the dial back for another round of agitation.

MaryS
09-30-2005, 12:14 PM
Thank Kelly,

I'll just keep going until they shrink!

Mary

Julie
09-30-2005, 01:43 PM
Kelly is sooooo right about the soap...I used maybe a quarter teaspoon (I'm not exaggerating! Just a teeeeny tiny drop!) of wool wash the last time I felted, and my washer was FULL of suds. It was truly amazing. :??

KellyK
10-01-2005, 01:37 AM
MILs cloggies!

Women's large, WOTA Cranberry & Mist.

They ARE the same size....I must have been at a weird angle! :??

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/ft_clogs_for_mil.jpg

koolbreeze
10-01-2005, 10:55 AM
WOW those look perfect!!! you are a superb knitter Kelly! :thumbsup: :XX:

KellyK
10-01-2005, 11:14 AM
Thanks, Carmell...you have to remember, this is the 6th pair Ive made!!

Vendie
10-01-2005, 12:02 PM
I finally finished my first pair, what a headache!

They don't look fantastic, but they're going to be mine, so it's ok.

I'm going to felt them this afternoon hopefully! :cheering: for me!

Kelly don't you just love the colors?!!!

KellyK
10-01-2005, 12:26 PM
They DO TOO look fantastic!! :cheering:

I wish I would have chosen the Hollyberry instead of Cranberry for my MIL...... THe cranberry has turned out to be a more "rusty" tone than I was envisioning.

Ingrid
10-01-2005, 12:27 PM
They DO TOO look fantastic!! :cheering:

I wish I would have chosen the Hollyberry instead of Cranberry for my MIL...... THe cranberry has turned out to be a more "rusty" tone than I was envisioning.

Gee Kelly, I guess you'll just have to get more yarn! Oh, well!

Vendie
10-01-2005, 04:40 PM
:cheering: my cloggies are done, my cloggies are done :cheering:

Julie
10-01-2005, 04:53 PM
:cheering: They look fantastic!!!

Ingrid
10-01-2005, 05:52 PM
:thumbsup: Beautious!!!

Vendie
10-01-2005, 07:05 PM
Thank you, I'm pretty happy with how they turned out...I was thinking that I would take a clog break before starting DH's, but now I'm kinda anxious to get going on his! :happydance:

margie
10-01-2005, 07:12 PM
They look great!!! I was the same way- I finished my sister's, and thought I'd be taking a break from them until I finished a few other things- but I bought the yarn for my brother in law's clogs today, so I guess not!! ;)

Great job!! :thumbsup:

KellyK
10-01-2005, 07:19 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

koolbreeze
10-01-2005, 09:11 PM
:thumbsup: i love that red!

InterNette
10-01-2005, 09:16 PM
fantastic, that was fast to from unfeltd to felted. Like your color selection.

Vendie
10-02-2005, 09:27 AM
oh, please thank Kelly for the color selection, she picked it out for me :inlove:

:?? I don't even know how long it took to felt them...I was too busy gabbing with my dad on the phone...Maybe an hour? One of them was just being stubborn!

KellyK
10-02-2005, 09:50 PM
HEY! I just figured out that I have one fewer pair of clogs to make for Christmas! My sister broke up with her boyfriend!! :cheering: :shifty:

Has anyone else made the men's M? Every time I have made that size clog (3 times now) I come up with an extra st by the time I reach row 15 of the upper.... :?? Not a big deal, I just k2tog when I get back to the heel join, but its perplexing!

Ingrid
10-02-2005, 10:14 PM
HEY! I just figured out that I have one fewer pair of clogs to make for Christmas! My sister broke up with her boyfriend!! :cheering: :shifty:

That is SO BAD!! :rofling: :fingerwag:

Vendie
10-02-2005, 10:14 PM
:roflhard: Well, I guess that's one way to look at it :roflhard:

I'm going to be making the men's M next, I'll let you know if I end up with an extra stitch...

KellyK
10-02-2005, 10:49 PM
Oh, STOPIT...I was and am VERY supportive of her...it happened a couple of weeks ago...he was cheating on her, and I just figured out how it benefits me TODAY. IM NICE!! REALLLLYY!!

Vendie
10-03-2005, 07:15 AM
well, see, when you don't explain that then our little imaginations take over :roflhard: he definitely does NOT deserve clogs!! his cheatin feet are just gonna have to be cold!

KellyK
10-03-2005, 07:21 AM
his cheatin feet are just gonna have to be cold!
Another Country Western song in the makin'!! :roflhard:

Ingrid
10-03-2005, 07:49 AM
"Yer cheatin' toes. . . :roflhard:

MaryS
10-03-2005, 12:03 PM
Hi All,

I felted my clogs Saturday! :happydance: It only took about twenty minutes. I used TWO drops of soap and had a tub-full of suds! I think one of the reasons they felted SO FAST is that my washer has a fast agitate feature I'd never used before. Unfortunately, the fast agitation also gave me some fuzzy strings I needed to pull off. I may try regular agitation on the next pair to compare the difference. They're drying now, and if they're not dry when I get home from work today, into the dryer they go! :cheering:

I did mine in WOTA Rain for the upper and Bluebonnet for the soles. It looks really good together :thumbsup: even though I was a little skeptical :?? about the color combination when I got the wool.
I was SOOOOO happy with the first pair I cast on the second pair Saturday morning and have the first sole/upper done and the second ready to add the cuff. This pair is in Violet/Mist for my dad's girlfriend.

Someone was asking how to make the heel a bit higher without doing more whole rounds which would make the instep too high. I tried an experiment on the second pair of clogs, and I think it's working well.
When you finish the upper you're at the back of the heel, and before you start the cuff or do the two extra rounds for the higher heel this is what I did.
Knit 5, Wrap and turn, purl 10, wrap and turn, knit 5. Now you're back at the center of the heel (beginning of round), and you've added two short rows at the back of the heel. Then I did the normal two rounds for the higher heel, picking up the wraps and knitting them with the regular stitch when you get to them on the first extra round.
This gives you an extra four rows at the heel and only two rows across the instep, so the heel in a little more closed. Hope this is helpful! :thumbsup:

GO CLOGS!! :happydance: GO CLOGS!! :happydance:

Happy clog knitting :XX: :XX:

Mary

koolbreeze
10-03-2005, 01:17 PM
so uhhh... where is the pic???

jodstr2
10-03-2005, 02:22 PM
Someone was asking how to make the heel a bit higher without doing more whole rounds which would make the instep too high. I tried an experiment on the second pair of clogs, and I think it's working well.
When you finish the upper you're at the back of the heel, and before you start the cuff or do the two extra rounds for the higher heel this is what I did.
Knit 5, Wrap and turn, purl 10, wrap and turn, knit 5. Now you're back at the center of the heel (beginning of round), and you've added two short rows at the back of the heel. Then I did the normal two rounds for the higher heel, picking up the wraps and knitting them with the regular stitch when you get to them on the first extra round.
This gives you an extra four rows at the heel and only two rows across the instep, so the heel in a little more closed. Hope this is helpful! :thumbsup:

ooooh! sounds great! thanks for the tip, Mary :heart: :cheering: !!!

jodstr2
10-03-2005, 02:24 PM
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/ft_clogs_for_mil.jpg

:drooling:
your uppers are so EEEEEVEN!!! :cheering:
look at the triangular shapes made by the center stitches and the ones that come off of it!!!
:drooling: :heart:

MaryS
10-03-2005, 02:42 PM
Sorry Carmell - no camera yet. :rollseyes:
It's on my Christmas list right at the top! :thumbsup:

Kelly's clogs are so nice and even. Of course, after they're felted you can't see the studendous needlework :( (that's the only downside to this great project!)

Mary

KellyK
10-03-2005, 04:49 PM
I know...I kinda like the little pattern formed by the decreases....Im always a little sad to lose it! :lol:

margie
10-03-2005, 05:42 PM
Yeah- my husband saw Kelly's clogs, and said "why don't yours look like that?" - I told him it was because it was my first pair and kelly's gazillionth!!
:rofling:

I had some kind of problem with mine- not that you can see it after they are felted, but it was a consistent mistake, even though I thought I was doing everything right. Next pair I make, if I have the same thing, I'll post a picture of it and see if you can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

KellyK
10-03-2005, 05:57 PM
Tell your husband I said to look in my blog at the sweater I tried to make for Howie a few months ago! :rollseyes: It was a disaster!

cobbieg
10-03-2005, 08:51 PM
Is the pattern for the clogs easy, med, or difficult? I love them!

Cobbie :)

Ingrid
10-03-2005, 08:53 PM
They're not difficult if you have basic skills and can read a pattern. There is a lot of counting involved, especially on the dreaded row 2, but if you keep track it's ok.

knitqueen
10-03-2005, 10:06 PM
How much yarn is needed for the child's size clogs?

KellyK
10-03-2005, 10:19 PM
Which child's size? They go by inches....5, 6, 7 & 8".

knitqueen
10-03-2005, 10:57 PM
I guess the largest child's size, just so I know the maximum amount that I'd need to make a pair for my sons. I don't know their foot measurements off-hand.

KellyK
10-03-2005, 11:19 PM
OH! Sorry...they go up to 9"...
8" takes 335 yds
9" takes 355 yds.

Danielle
10-04-2005, 10:11 PM
Has anyone tried rubbing the flexible fabric glue onto the soles instead of using the suede soles? I was just wondering how well the glue worked... :thinking:

KellyK
10-04-2005, 10:47 PM
I finished FILs cloggies tonight....pics in the morning with better light! :happydance:

KellyK
10-05-2005, 08:51 AM
Here we are! Winters Night and Mist WOTA...Men's size M.

I tell ya, ANY angle on these pics makes them look like they are different sizes!

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/ft_clogs_for_fil.jpg

Danielle
10-05-2005, 11:05 AM
They look great! :thumbsup:

jodstr2
10-05-2005, 11:16 AM
:cheering: :cheering: KK!!!!!!!! :cheering: :cheering:

margie
10-05-2005, 11:54 AM
lovin' those colors, Kelly!!

I have a question- I am going to make a pair of clogs for my husband. He has requested Ohio State U. colors- scarlet and grey. Question: would it work for me to stitch a O on the top of the clogs after they are knitted? Would that felt right, or get all yucky? I've never knitted something like that- I'm still doing single colors- so I'd rather just stitch it on top than try to knit it as part of the clog, if that makes sense. :??

KellyK
10-05-2005, 12:03 PM
Thanks everybody!

Margie...I've not done that, but I certainly think its worth a try! Amy has a video on duplicate stitching. I would just think you would need to pay attention to not making the sts too tight....dup st at the same tension as the other sts.

Or, Maybe try swatching it first. Knit a 4"x4" square with a double strand of whatever wool yarn you are using, dup st something in the middle and wash it....see what happens!

Annasmommy
10-05-2005, 12:26 PM
Ok Girls, I'm in! I have my pattern, and I'm waiting for the WOTA to arrive. I even convinced my friend to give it a try. Does anyone know of a crochet version of this, she'd definately be more comfortable with that. My color picks are iron ore and chocolate, and hers are coal. Has anyone discovered a sole that could be used for street wear??? I really want to be able to use them everywhere. I think I'm going to get addicted...

KellyK
10-05-2005, 12:49 PM
Fiber Trends has a crocheted felted slipper pattern about half-way down on THIS PAGE (http://www.fibertrends.com/viewer/V8_crochet.html), but I dont see one for the clogs....

Annasmommy
10-06-2005, 09:42 AM
Thanks Kelly,
Has anyone discovered a sole for outside wear???

KellyK
10-06-2005, 10:25 AM
The only soles for these Ive seen are suede ones that you can check out on the Fiber Trends website.

Danielle
10-06-2005, 04:07 PM
:cheering: Just finished the second pair of clogs...WOTA fog & mist. They are for my grandmother for Christmas. Here is an unfelted pic...The clogs are in the wash felting right now. I'll post a felted pic when they finish. Anyone ever tried rubbing the fabric glue onto the soles like it says in the directions??

KellyK
10-06-2005, 04:08 PM
They look NIICE and EVEN, Danielle! GREAT JOB! :happydance:

lisak
10-06-2005, 04:43 PM
Can anyone tell me what size and length circ this pattern requires? I'd like to stop on my way home from work to the get the needles to start and I left my pattern at home.

Many thanks! :D

kemp
10-06-2005, 04:45 PM
US 13 24"

jodstr2
10-06-2005, 04:45 PM
Can anyone tell me what size and length circ this pattern requires? I'd like to stop on my way home from work to the get the needles to start and I left my pattern at home.

Many thanks! :D

24" size 13 I think.
and a spare circ. I used a 24" size 11.

lisak
10-06-2005, 04:48 PM
Thanks all! I think I already have an 11 at home too! :happydance:

jodstr2
10-06-2005, 04:51 PM
I had some kind of problem with mine- not that you can see it after they are felted, but it was a consistent mistake, even though I thought I was doing everything right. Next pair I make, if I have the same thing, I'll post a picture of it and see if you can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

I have something weird going on consistently with mine too. not only do my decreases one one side (I think it's the left side as you look at the top fo the clog) kind look like wide gaping holes, but my bumpers have a weird bump, like a too-loose stitch or something, every 3 stitches or so.

liznwillow
10-07-2005, 05:09 PM
I just ordered the patterns for the kids' sizes and adults sizes. I hope this isn't going to be too advanced for me. I'm sure I can get all my questions answered here though, right? ;)

Ingrid
10-07-2005, 05:17 PM
After 48 pages and umpteen clogs, if you can't get your questions answered here, then the answers don't exist!!

jodstr2
10-07-2005, 10:19 PM
oooh, I sooo wanna join in again and make my Christmas pairs!!!
one more bag to go which must be finished by the 17th so I can give them to Mom, then I can clog away again. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

koolbreeze
10-07-2005, 11:06 PM
hey jodi i got some you can do!

liznwillow
10-08-2005, 02:47 PM
Ok - so how long does it take (on average) to turn a pair of these babies out? I want to do a pair for each of my daycare kids for Xmas... is it do-able?

Ingrid
10-08-2005, 03:15 PM
Kelly's done 1,899 of them in a week and a half! :rofling:

They don't take long at all. I think I got my adult size pair done in two or three sittings.

Virtuella
10-08-2005, 03:21 PM
I have never seen so many beautiful clogs, ever!!!

How are the clogs to wear??

KellyK
10-08-2005, 03:55 PM
SOOOOOOO comfy! And, warm without being sweaty, because wool breathes! The sole ends up being about 1/2" thick!

Virtuella
10-08-2005, 04:43 PM
SOOOOOOO comfy! And, warm without being sweaty, because wool breathes! The sole ends up being about 1/2" thick!

And.. are they slippery???

Julie
10-08-2005, 05:13 PM
Liz, once you get the hang of the pattern, they are really quick. I can do a kids' pair now in under a day (a few hours here and there...). :D

liznwillow
10-08-2005, 05:20 PM
Liz, once you get the hang of the pattern, they are really quick. I can do a kids' pair now in under a day (a few hours here and there...). :D

Good!! :happydance:

BTW, would you mind taking a peek at the pattern for me and tell me how much yarn I would need for kids' sizes?? :?? The description of the pattern gives the sizes for kids in inches... so, I guess the 6", and 8"??? I hope that makes sense. :blush:

Julie
10-08-2005, 05:23 PM
NP...the pattern is always at arm's length... :rofling:

Sizes 5"(6", 7", 8", 9")

Yardage: 210 (245, 285, 335, 355)

If you're doing 2-color clogs...

Upper color: 65 (70, 90, 100, 115)
Sole/cuff color: 145 (175, 185, 225, 240)

liznwillow
10-08-2005, 05:26 PM
THANK YOU!! :heart:

Vendie
10-09-2005, 01:14 PM

oh my, they can be! I have to be careful when I take that first step from the carpet to the kitchen floor! But, what ladies, you can put fabric paint on the bottoms for traction, or get soles to sew on, right?

Virtuella
10-09-2005, 01:18 PM

oh my, they can be! I have to be careful when I take that first step from the carpet to the kitchen floor! But, what ladies, you can put fabric paint on the bottoms for traction, or get soles to sew on, right?

I have to buy this pattern at once, I cant sit her and watch all these marvellous clogs and dont make a pair of myself!
Which pattern do you buy, the adult or for kids??

Ingrid
10-09-2005, 01:28 PM
If you want to make clogs for everyone, you'll need both. They're separate patterns, but not expensive at all. I was going to say $5, but I don't know what that would relate to in kroner. (Is that right?)

Virtuella
10-09-2005, 01:36 PM
If you want to make clogs for everyone, you'll need both. They're separate patterns, but not expensive at all. I was going to say $5, but I don't know what that would relate to in kroner. (Is that right?)

:shock: I am impressed, yes! it is "kroner"!
I do buy things and stuff from "over there" all the time, so sometimes I think knitting stuff in dollar, not in my own currency! I have ordered both patterns now! Thank you!

Ingrid
10-09-2005, 02:08 PM
Don't be too impressed. My father was born and raised in Sweden. You'd think I'd know more about Scandinavian culture, besides hearing that "Sweden is a hundred times better than America" all my life. :rofling:

liznwillow
10-09-2005, 02:53 PM
I've been thinking that I'll need to put something sticky on the bottoms of the kids' clogs or they'll fall for sure.

Ingrid
10-09-2005, 02:58 PM
I plan on picking up some puff fabric paint next time I get to a place that carries it.

KellyK
10-09-2005, 03:51 PM
Some think it's FUN to SLIIIIIIIIDE across the hardwood floors! *whistles & looks around*

margie
10-09-2005, 07:33 PM
Some think it's FUN to SLIIIIIIIIDE across the hardwood floors! *whistles & looks around*

:roflhard: :roflhard:

It's only funny until SOMEONE gets HURT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofling:

margie
10-09-2005, 07:35 PM
I finished one of my brother-in-law's clogs today- (well, almost- I still have to do the 2nd sole). It is HUGE- size 13 mens!! I'll post a pic after I finish the 2nd one!

Ingrid
10-09-2005, 07:42 PM
Put it up against something standard-sized so we can all see how tremendously huge it is!!

margie
10-09-2005, 10:14 PM
I didn't get much knitting time in tonight- DH and I went out to dinner for our anniversary- but here the clog is, without the 2nd sole on.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
10-09-2005, 10:16 PM
hey guess what! i cast on and knitted row 1 and 2 of clog #1, pair two! woohoo!

KellyK
10-09-2005, 10:36 PM
Looks GREAT, Margie!! You have nice feet, by the way... :shifty:

Hildegard, we still haven't seen your EMBELLISED clogs yet!! *taps foot*

Ingrid
10-09-2005, 10:56 PM
Margie-if you don't want to make the second sole, put a handle on it and you'll have a decent sized purse!!

Julie
10-10-2005, 12:30 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: Margie...that's hilarious!

margie
10-10-2005, 07:38 AM
Either a purse, or a sleeve to a sweater- it goes from the tips of my fingers to my elbow!! I only have 2 more rows to go on the 2nd sole, and then I will start the 2nd clog. :D

margie
10-10-2005, 10:45 AM
Wahhh!! I finished the 2nd sole, and went to attach it- This thing is so darn big, my spare circ isn't big enough to go all the way around!!! It is a 24" needle- am I doomed to have to wait until I can get to the store to buy a larger one, or is there something else I can do?? Could I work the needle around, picking up new stitches as I cast off the others? :??

Ingrid
10-10-2005, 10:47 AM
Since you're not picking up live stitches, you could do it that way, or use a third needle if you have one.

KellyK
10-10-2005, 11:03 AM
You really have to SQUISH them on there....dont worry about keeping the clog flat.

margie
10-10-2005, 02:46 PM
OKay, so the first monster clog is finished- now onto the 2nd!! I don't think I could have fit all those stitches on that needle, no matter how hard I tried! I just bound off a bunch, then picked up the rest. I've done up to row 6 on the 2nd clog's first sole- now I have to JUST STOP KNITTING and catch up on the things I should have been doing!!! :oops:

ebrperk
10-10-2005, 02:49 PM
Okay I have ordered my pattern so hopefully I will get to make some clogs after I finish the baby blanket I am working on.

Robin

ebrperk
10-10-2005, 03:01 PM
HUbby wears an 8.5 shoe should I make the women's 10?

Robin :??

koolbreeze
10-10-2005, 04:07 PM
WOW hes got some small feet!

KellyK
10-10-2005, 07:07 PM
HUbby wears an 8.5 shoe should I make the women's 10?
YES. I made them for a guy that has sz 9's. Be prepared to felt them ALOT.