View Full Version : Fiber Trends Clogs - The ULTIMATE RESOURCE

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9

margie
12-14-2005, 09:50 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Now I have the "Batty Bat" song going through my head...... :rofling:

lotsakids
12-14-2005, 09:52 AM
i have finished one and a half clogs...mens size 11..probably for me...we have huge feet in our family. hopefully will get time to finish the second one and felt them tomorrow if I am really lucky. Are we going to make 100 pairs for 100 pages???...janine

allegra918
12-14-2005, 11:02 AM
disposable razor, great idea! :thumbsup:

wyoknitter
12-14-2005, 02:27 PM
Hi KnitKnut....

I don't know about LYS there either. I have only been a knitter for a month ! :D

If you are into quilting or home dec though, there is a great quilt store...called Fiberworks. It's absolutely wonderful.

Have a great trip. I love Big Sky country.

Racerkatie
12-14-2005, 07:55 PM
ok, all you dear clogers -- I got talked into making a pair of these and I'm trying to trust the pattern but I need clarification: When I get to the cuff, knit 1 round then purl 5 or so (I don't have the pattern in front of me) ... why purl? And then it gets folded with the Purl side out? Or is the _other_ side supposed to be on the outside and the reason I don't understand this is that I've misunderstood which is the right side and which is the wrong side (I thought the stockinette side of the clog was the right side)?

knitknut
12-14-2005, 08:33 PM
OK Don't worry, you had it the first time. You knit the first row, then purl the next 5, then it does get "folded" with the purl side out of the cuff only. The clog will be stockinette outside and the cuff will be purl side out as a contrast. If you look at all the pics on the FT Clogs KAL (prefelted) you will see what I mean. :thumbsup:

Racerkatie
12-14-2005, 08:40 PM
thank you, thank you, thank you. I remembered stockinette in the pictures but didn't actually go pull one up again. :doh:

KellyK
12-14-2005, 09:10 PM
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: I have THEEEE most EXCITING news!!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

I stopped in to my LYS after work for some knit-n-chat.....I was immediately ACCOSTED by the owner who has apparently been WAITING for me to come back in......they want me to teach a CLOGGGG CLASSSSS!!!!! :happydance:

It was TOO funny.....they said there was alot of demand for this class, but none of them wanted to do it. :roflhard: Apparently, Im the only nut in the near west suburbs that's CRACKED enough to knit 15 pairs of clogs for Christmas! They are putting that in the newsletter. :lol:

SO - Dana gave me some fun tweedy purple and deep red cascade to make a sample....one felted, one not. Im teaching the last three Sundays in January from 10:30 - 12 (I think I can do it in 3 classes...what do you think?).

Now...the BEST part....I CANNOT believe it! 20 BUCKS AN HOUR AND 20% OFF ALL MY YARN AS LONG AS IM TEACHING SOMETHING!!! :cheering: (They have Karaoke and Malabrigo!!)

Oh...and here are the cloggies I finished for my nephew last night....like anybody cares about THESE now!! :roflhard: Hyacinth & mist tweed tops, hyacinth soles & bumpers, mist soles. My pic makes it look more like Winter night, but Hyacinth is more of a inky purple.

CateKnits
12-14-2005, 09:13 PM
Congrats, Kelly! That's AWESOME!
I want to teach a class some day!

Ingrid
12-14-2005, 09:16 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Now remember, at $20 an hour, take your tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime. That is so, so great!! After that you can do a lace shawl class, and after that. . . . .

knewknitter
12-14-2005, 09:22 PM
I was just wondering what pattern everyone is using for their felted clogs. I made a pair using Lambs Pride Wool and the pattern was from Fiber Trends. These were my first pair and I didn't put them in a laundry bag so one clog turned inside out. I ended up with one fuzzy clog and one felted clog! :lol:

Ingrid
12-14-2005, 09:24 PM
We've all been using the Fiber Trends pattern, too.

Jeep_Girl
12-14-2005, 09:31 PM
Kelly - GREAT NEWS!!! Good for you! You are a knitting superstar!!! :cheering:

I went to my LYS and their clogs don't look nearly as nice as these - in fact my one pair looked better than the display... Maybe I should bring mine in... :rollseyes:

MaryB
12-14-2005, 09:33 PM
Congrats, Kelly! It is tempting to sign up for the class just for the laughs. You have such a great sense of humor that I am sure you will make learning fun.
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

KellyK
12-14-2005, 09:40 PM
AWW you guys are SWEET!

Actually, I wouldnt mind doing beginners classes....I DO have patience for that kind of thing!

wyoknitter
12-14-2005, 09:46 PM
wow...do you think my dh will let me come to Illinois for clog classes?

Teaching beginning anything is a tough job...( being a beginning quilting teacher )....but it's very rewarding when a student " gets it "....

Way to go Kelly....you will be wonderful !

Julie
12-14-2005, 10:59 PM
KELLY, did I call it or what!!!!!!!! Did I not tell you that you should be teaching a Klog Klass??

Way to go!!!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

KellyK
12-14-2005, 11:27 PM
I cant tell y'all how much it warms my heart that you are all so supportive of me.... LOVE LOVE LOVE! :heart:

jodstr2
12-14-2005, 11:34 PM
:heart: KK - congrats!!! :heart:
$20 an hour AND a discount. omg. :happydance: :inlove: :happydance: :inlove: !!!

allegra918
12-15-2005, 12:12 AM
congrats kelly

please tell me that the wet dog smell (after felting) goes away once the clogs are dry?!?!?!?!???!?!/! :shock:

KellyK
12-15-2005, 01:18 AM
It DOES, Allegra... :lol:

Thanks for all the congrats!! :inlove:

Jazzmatazz
12-15-2005, 08:13 AM
I went to my LYS and their clogs don't look nearly as nice as these - in fact my one pair looked better than the display... Maybe I should bring mine in... :rollseyes:

Heck, the LL Bean clogs don't look as nice as ours! :inlove:

KellyK
12-15-2005, 08:36 AM
OUR CLOGS ARE THE AWESOMEST!! 8-)

kemp
12-15-2005, 11:46 AM
Kelly...I just read the fabulous, news...CONGRATS!!!! That is so cool!!!

Wonder if any LYS in my area need *someone* to teach that :thinking:

Here's some more...for my little sis in NJ. I got them mailed yesterday. I'm making another pair of Bengals "playoff" slippers now. WOTA mist and fog.

KellyK
12-15-2005, 12:08 PM
Thanks, Kempy!! :cheering:

Another pair of PERFECT clogs! What does that make now, 99???

kemp
12-15-2005, 12:13 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: I don't know...I lost track of how many everyone is doing. Maybe we need to start a spreadsheet or something :roflhard: :roflhard:

lisak
12-15-2005, 02:06 PM
Congrats KK! :cheering: I bet teaching folks how to make the clogs will be so rewarding! And I'm so jealous about the discount you'll get! ;)

I finished my third pair of clogs last night, but still need to felt one pair. I really need to get going with the pictures!

Anyway, I'm about to order from knitpicks for another project that I miscalculated the yardage and ran out mid-project :doh: and I was thinking, maybe I'll go ahead and order yarn for my OWN clogs! :thumbsup: I don't have the pattern with me (boo on work). Can anyone tell me what yardage I'll need for the women's large (upper and lower)? I'd be grateful! Thanks!

kemp
12-15-2005, 02:15 PM
Women's large upper 3 skeins and sole/trim 5 skeins...at least that is what I have found. It calls for 650 yds total with 1/3 for upper 2/3 for sole/cuff. When I make a medium women's, I have barely enough for the upper with 2 skeins...so if you happen to have a little leftover WOTA in the same color you want your upper to be, you could probably get away with just 2 and I have some left over from 4 skeins on the medium, but I'm not sure if it's enough for the larger sole. Of course, if my guage is a little off from yours, this could all be a moot point! I think you'd be completly safe though with 3 and 5.

lisak
12-15-2005, 02:22 PM
Thank you Kemp! :thumbsup:

I love knitpicks...

margie
12-15-2005, 02:26 PM
Nice clogs, Kemp!! :thumbsup:

kemp
12-15-2005, 02:33 PM
Thanks Margie and you're welcome Lisa!

Working on some more right now...

mshelton
12-15-2005, 03:39 PM
Wow, that's really a compliment Kelly! Congratulations!!!! :thumbsup: Since someone is counting clogs made, I thought I would post a picture of my last three. They are unfelted as I'm going to wait to felt for sizing purposes (and as a joke ;) ) I was going to make some children sizes but I think I'm out of time as I'm now working on that alien scarf as a gift and it's going to take awhile. Guess I'll be toy shopping instead.

kemp
12-15-2005, 04:09 PM
AAAaaahhhhhh...nice clogs! Is that evergreen WOTA on the right pair?

Andrea
12-15-2005, 09:19 PM
:cheering: Congratulations KK!!! :cheering:

And everyone's cloggies look gorgeous!!! :inlove:

humblestumble
12-16-2005, 01:48 AM
congrats kelly! Thats such awesome news! I cant believe i didnt get an email update of this topic!

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

I got the same kind of offer at a jewelry store a while back to teach chainmaille once I ever get into it. But I have yet to start even trying out chainmaille. :blush:

KellyK
12-16-2005, 08:36 AM
MSHELTON, they look GREAT!! (Im gonna guess that's Fern and Evergreen...how close am I? I THINK I have the colorcard memorized!)

And, thanks again, everyone, for your enthusiasm and support...you are all my self-esteem needs! :heart:

I got the same kind of offer at a jewelry store a while back to teach chainmaille once I ever get into it. But I have yet to start even trying out chainmaille. :blush:
TALK TO FOLDEDBIRD (Denise)!!! She does chainmaille! You should SEE some of the stuff she's made! GAWGEOUS!

Andrea
12-16-2005, 11:35 AM
Sister's clogs.... :cheering: :cheering:

mshelton
12-16-2005, 11:37 AM
It's fern with black soles and cuff. The two large pairs will be for my two nephews.

KellyK
12-16-2005, 11:41 AM
preeety, Andrea!!

What yarn, please??

Andrea
12-16-2005, 11:43 AM
This is the Cascade 220 that was all purple tweedy in my blog (pg 17,18) , where the sheep sitting on top made it look like Muppets :D

volmel
12-16-2005, 01:46 PM
I'm STILL not doing the soles right on mine. On Mshelton's (which are beautiful by the way), you can see the bumper soles clearly. On mine, the uppers fall over the soles more and you can't see them as clearly. Also, looking at the sole from the inside of Mshelton's, you can see a line of the lighter yarn where she pulled it through. On mine, you don't see a line. I don't get any of the upper part. When picking up the stitches , I pick up the last stitch of the inner sole on the outside. It's the big "u" bump. I always thought that was right, but I wonder if I'm knitting it backwards or something. It's frustrating. I want mine to look like Mshelton and kelly's and the rest, and it doesn't seem to.

humblestumble
12-16-2005, 02:20 PM
TALK TO FOLDEDBIRD (Denise)!!! She does chainmaille! You should SEE some of the stuff she's made! GAWGEOUS!

Really? Hmm... :thinking:

mshelton
12-16-2005, 04:13 PM
When picking up the stitches , I pick up the last stitch of the inner sole on the outside. It's the big "u" bump. I always thought that was right, but I wonder if I'm knitting it backwards or something. It's frustrating. I want mine to look like Mshelton and kelly's and the rest, and it doesn't seem to.

It seems to me that I pick up the first stitch as if going in the round (continuing in the left direction). If I recall, it seems more like a n and I go from top down of the n down so that it on the needle in correct position. But maybe, others do it different. Hope this helps. Do you have a picture? We are headed out of town for the rest of the day, but I'll check on this tomorrow.

volmel
12-16-2005, 07:34 PM
Mshelton, thanks so much for your reply. I don't have a picture, as I have felted the previous ones, but on the one I'm doing now, I sewed the inner sole and then held it right side up, like it will be when it is done. I then went to the left and did the little "n" stitch, and I think this is doing the trick. It's looking normal. I'm really not sure what I did before. I think I went in a backward direction or something and picked up the other loop below it, which was making it not stick out as much . Thank you so much for your help!!!

Melissa

allegra918
12-16-2005, 08:10 PM
ok, so i have finished two pair. my evergreen ones and my mist ones.... for whoever is keeping track of the amount of clogs made. i will be making my husband carrot clogs, but i have to make everyone else's gifts before i can make his....

lotsakids
12-17-2005, 03:43 AM
here is my effort..made from parts of 2 old moth eated sweaters that I pulled to bits, I had to knit 4 strands of yarn to get the right thickness for the pattern, and considering the sweaters were already partly felted, they turned out really well...mens size 11 .....janine

aprildavis99
12-17-2005, 04:07 AM
Wow, those are great. Used sweaters, huh? They came out beautifully! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

lotsakids
12-17-2005, 04:24 AM
thankyou...i am pleased with them..i knitted them on straight needles cos i didnt have any round.....there is a lot of good wool to be found in old sweaters..and it works out cheap too..janine

margie
12-17-2005, 08:31 AM
OH My Gosh- I can't believe those used to be sweaters!!!! What a great job of recycling! They look fantastic!!! :cheering:

lotsakids
12-17-2005, 08:51 AM
hehe yeah moth holes and all..lost count of the number of times I had to knot the wool together..here is a pic of the lighter sweater I used..minus the arms cos I had already taken them off....janine

Angelia
12-17-2005, 08:58 AM
Wow, the before and after are really impressive! And yay for you for saving that yarn from the moths and making it into something absolutely lovely!!

:cheering: :cheering:

volmel
12-17-2005, 09:20 AM
Lotsa, I'm VERY impressed with the "sweater clogs". You did a beautiful job, and I, too, love the thought that you took something that was past its use and made something useful out of it. Good job. Now I'm going to go through all my husband's old sweaters and start ripping. You have inspired me!

Melissa

KellyK
12-17-2005, 10:37 AM
OMG, Janine.....
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Ingrid
12-17-2005, 10:42 AM
Very nice!!

jodstr2
12-17-2005, 11:05 AM
:happydance: great job all you guys (gals)!!! I haven't checked this thread in days and the cloggies have seriously multiplied!!! :happydance:

Angelia
12-17-2005, 11:09 AM
:happydance: great job all you guys (gals)!!! I haven't checked this thread in days and the cloggies have seriously multiplied!!! :happydance:

Hmmm....maybe that's what's been happening at Kelly's...she's not making that many--no human could--they're making themselves! :shock:

kemp
12-17-2005, 11:16 AM
Janine...that is a fabulous idea and the clogs turned out great!

jodstr2
12-17-2005, 11:16 AM
:roflhard: KK is Wine Goddess and Fembot all in one!

here's a quick pic I snapped before rushing off to the post office yesterday: Nana's teeny tiny Violet/Blue Bonnet and Mom's Mulled Wine/Stream.

Ingrid
12-17-2005, 11:18 AM
They look perfect!!

KellyK
12-17-2005, 11:18 AM
LOVE the violet with the bb, Jod!! They look FANTASTIC!

Im working on the red/purple tweed ones for my class....Im LOVIN these colors together!

jodstr2
12-17-2005, 11:20 AM
thanks ladies :heart: !

KK - that 220 purple tweed is my favorite 220.

InterNette
12-17-2005, 11:33 AM
wow those are so smooth and neat. Great job.

kemp
12-17-2005, 11:35 AM
Your clogs look great Jodi!

Angelia
12-17-2005, 12:08 PM
Lovely, Jodi!! :inlove:

humblestumble
12-17-2005, 01:01 PM
awesome job! :cheering:

KellyK
12-17-2005, 04:58 PM
Here are the Cherry Blossom/Mist ones for my sis....

Ingrid
12-17-2005, 05:03 PM
Oooh! I like those!

Angelia
12-17-2005, 05:10 PM
Ooooh!!! The Fembot did really nice work there!! Give her some extra WD-40--she deserves it!

KellyK
12-17-2005, 05:19 PM
Here's me in New Orleans last year, looking really awful because it was raining and I was drunkish and my glasses were crooked and I wasnt wearing any makeup, but I had what I called "Fembot Hair". :oops:

Angelia
12-17-2005, 05:21 PM
OMG--that IS Fembot hair!!

And such a lovely smile!! You so purty!!

KellyK
12-17-2005, 05:28 PM
:oops: :heart:

Indygirl
12-17-2005, 05:33 PM
here is my effort..made from parts of 2 old moth eated sweaters that I pulled to bits, I had to knit 4 strands of yarn to get the right thickness for the pattern, and considering the sweaters were already partly felted, they turned out really well...mens size 11 .....janine :cheering: Very nice Job, great recycling too. I like the colors. I just got back from my LYS, bought my first yarn for clogs. I'll start them after christmas :heart: Hope I have as good of luck as all you guys.

Andrea
12-17-2005, 06:13 PM
Oh KK you are so cuuuuuuuuuuuuuute!!!

margie
12-17-2005, 07:47 PM
The clogs look great, everyone!! I gave one of my pairs away today. THey were ones I had posted a pic of already, purplish cascade. I gave them to my friend unfelted, while we were doing our annual cookie exchange. Then we felted them while we were baking cookies!! They turned out really nice- one of the nicest pairs that I've made. I'm going to make another pair with the same yarn, I think. She loved them! :cheering:

Angelia
12-17-2005, 07:51 PM
The clogs look great, everyone!! I gave one of my pairs away today. THey were ones I had posted a pic of already, purplish cascade. I gave them to my friend unfelted, while we were doing our annual cookie exchange. Then we felted them while we were baking cookies!! They turned out really nice- one of the nicest pairs that I've made. I'm going to make another pair with the same yarn, I think. She loved them! :cheering:

Yay! :thumbsup: Oh, cookies and clogs--what a great combo! :heart: :heart:

(Did the baking-cookies smell hide the felting-wool smell?)

KellyK
12-17-2005, 08:16 PM
How did she react to the UNfelted ones??? :cheering:

margie
12-17-2005, 09:40 PM
She said, ever so politely, "Oh my GOSH".............but I had included the poem that was posted on the patterns forum, which explained some, and then I told her the scoop. I had brought along my mesh bag and woolite, and we went right to the washing machine and popped them in!! She was so excited. It was a lot of fun giving them that way. I'm going to email her the pic of them unfelted, so she can remember how they looked when she opened them!! I just wish that I had thought to take my camera with me so I could have taken a picture of them felted. Oh well. :D

DotMom61
12-18-2005, 02:44 AM
Holy cow! So much has happened since I last popped into this thread. Everyone's color combinations are so pretty!! I can't wait until I can make some after Christmas. I'm thinking I'll have quite a bit of wool left over from all these Oregon totes I'm making. So, I might have a very colorful pair. ;)

I have to mention Janine's pair!! What a lovely transformation!! That is incredible. You've got me eyeing all the sweaters in our closet now. :lol:

And, KELLY!!!! Why haven't you said anything about the class!!?? I've been gabbing with you for DAYS since you found this out. I bet you thought I read about it and just didn't say anything, didn't you?? OMG!!! That is so cool, and I know that the ladies signing up for the class are going to have a blast. That is just HUGE news!! My DH would flip if I got a $20/hour job from my knitting "hobby." That is just unbelievable! Congratulations!

KellyK
12-18-2005, 02:59 AM
Thanks, Jul!!! :heart: Dont worry...I know you've been busy.

Weird thing is...Im not quite AS excited about the money as I am about the DISCOUNT! :roflhard: Im only getting pd for actual class time, so its not a fortune... total class time w/b 4.5 hrs. STASH CASH!!! :cheering: Al is VERY happy about that! :lol:

I HOPE I make the class time fun! I want to concentrate alot on teaching them to RECOGNIZE the sts they are making. I want to send them away a little more independent & confident than they might have been before the class. ya know?

Angelia
12-18-2005, 08:18 AM
Thanks, Jul!!! :heart: Dont worry...I know you've been busy.

Weird thing is...Im not quite AS excited about the money as I am about the DISCOUNT! :roflhard: Im only getting pd for actual class time, so its not a fortune... total class time w/b 4.5 hrs. STASH CASH!!! :cheering: Al is VERY happy about that! :lol:

I HOPE I make the class time fun! I want to concentrate alot on teaching them to RECOGNIZE the sts they are making. I want to send them away a little more independent & confident than they might have been before the class. ya know?

You are an EXCELLENT teacher. Ever thought of doing that IRL?

Vendie
12-18-2005, 10:07 AM
yeah, Kel, I don't think you'll have any problem making the class FUN...you might have a problem with getting the students out the door afterwards, but FUN? You're a FUN person, so you class will be FUN too! I wish I could take it!

KellyK
12-18-2005, 11:53 AM
:heart: MUAH! :heart: MUAH! :heart: MUAH! :heart:

I tend to get jitters before a new experience.....It'll go away by the end of the first class, but you guys are HELLLLPING! :inlove:

Ang....I LOVE my current job. What's fun is that I have been able to do bits of teaching through it. I am CONSTANTLY teaching staff how to use our software more effectively, I taught our Senior computer classes (95 yo's get REALLY excited about websurfing and playing solitaire! "Well, would ya LOOK at THAT!"), I can take part in our activities program whenever I want (did presentations on FELTING and on my trip to Costa Rica) and Ive done other presentations about our general mission & to our donors, etc. I like that I can teach WHEN I feel like it and ONLY on subjects that Im really stoked about.

Here are the clogs I made for the class...have to felt one today.

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/ft_clogs_for_class.jpg

Angelia
12-18-2005, 12:50 PM
:heart: MUAH! :heart: MUAH! :heart: MUAH! :heart:

I tend to get jitters before a new experience.....It'll go away by the end of the first class, but you guys are HELLLLPING! :inlove:

Ang....I LOVE my current job. What's fun is that I have been able to do bits of teaching through it. I am CONSTANTLY teaching staff how to use our software more effectively, I taught our Senior computer classes (95 yo's get REALLY excited about websurfing and playing solitaire! "Well, would ya LOOK at THAT!"), I can take part in our activities program whenever I want (did presentations on FELTING and on my trip to Costa Rica) and Ive done other presentations about our general mission & to our donors, etc. I like that I can teach WHEN I feel like it and ONLY on subjects that Im really stoked about.

Well then you are definitely in the right field, then! Teachers should be vetted or something...you'd pass, though!

I'll bet it is so fun to teach computer solitaire to 95-year-olds!! I'll bet they have a great time!

Julie
12-18-2005, 03:40 PM
Okay, last pair of the year I think......

I used Lamb's Pride for the first soles/uppers, and one strand each of WOTA nad Paton's Classic Merino (long story :rollseyes: ) for the second soles & bumpers. The black felted waaay more, but they're for a toddler, so no biggie. ;)

KellyK
12-18-2005, 04:30 PM
OOOH I cant WAIT to make my lamb's pride ones!!! :cheering: They look GREAT, Julie!!

KellyK
12-18-2005, 07:24 PM
AND....here's pair 105!

Child's M for bro's gf's DD. WOTA Tulip and Violet. Howie wanted to provide perspective. ;) (This is the face you get when one asks "Do you want to EAT??")

I thought I only had ONE more pair to go for Christmas, but turns out I forgot my BIL...so, two more pair.

Ingrid
12-18-2005, 07:27 PM
Howie's a doll! Oh, wait! There were clogs in that picture, too?

humblestumble
12-18-2005, 08:59 PM
Has anyone here every used patons classic merino wool? It's not the softest wool I've ever felt, but it seems nice, and cheap? I need 600 yards of worsted... :cheering: Here I am thinking of pampering myself when I still need to start on xmas gifts!

margie
12-18-2005, 09:00 PM
Awwww, Howie definitely steals the show!!!

humblestumble
12-18-2005, 09:01 PM
And also how many yards do you get for contrast?

KellyK
12-18-2005, 09:42 PM
Ive never knit with it, but you'll need 400 yds for sole/cuff/bumper and 200 for the upper.

Julie
12-18-2005, 10:56 PM
I just used it for the soles/bumpers of my last pair...I didn't have enough WOTA and it was the cheapest alternative that didn't involve shipping or waiting. I can't really speak to how it felts by itself because I used one strand of classic merino held with one strand of WOTA. All in all the clogs felted great though...no discernible difference between those 2 yarns.

(It did shrink a lot more than the LP that I used for the uppers, but really, that's what I get for using three different wools for the same clogs ) :rollseyes:

KellyK
12-18-2005, 10:59 PM
Here's my felted class clog! These colors...I cant get over them! LOVE EM!

One thing I learned....Cascade felts ALOT faster than WOTA! 3 cycles of agitation as opposed to the 9-11 I usually go through with the WOTA.

Ingrid
12-18-2005, 11:02 PM
That'll be a perfect "after felting" example!!

Julie
12-18-2005, 11:06 PM
It looks fabulous!!

The fastest felting yarn I've worked with yet was Araucania Nature Wool. After my three-hour felting extravaganza with the Marr Haven wool, I was stunned that the Nature Wool clogs felted in about 15-20 minutes of agitation. And I could have taken them out sooner.

Angelia
12-18-2005, 11:33 PM
Ooooh!!! :heart: :heart:

kemp
12-19-2005, 09:53 AM
Great clogs (all of them) KK! I really like the colors for your class clogs :happydance: That is gong to be so fun!

amy
12-19-2005, 12:26 PM
Oooooh, yeah Kelly, i LOVE that yarn combo! Nice!

The Cherry blossom and Mist combo looks great too, love to see a pic of it felted.

BTW, what the heck does "Fembot" mean? :?? Not in my vocab.

Janine, great sweater recycling!!!

Angelia
12-19-2005, 12:30 PM
BTW, what the heck does "Fembot" mean? :?? Not in my vocab.

They're the killer female robots from the Austin Powers movies. Their boobies are machine guns in disguise! :shock:

amy
12-19-2005, 12:37 PM
Oh yeah, I remember them! That was a riot. KK, you need more hairspray, but yeah, that totally is the fembot hair! :roflhard:

volmel
12-19-2005, 01:56 PM
Amy, off topic, but I see you're reading The Outlander books. My favorite.

Melissa

knitknut
12-19-2005, 05:15 PM
Big congrats to KK!! And thanks for the link to LYS in MT! I'm sure to get some local wool while there!

I had an hard time getting my pics to post, I think they were too big. Anyway, here is a pic of #88.

kemp
12-19-2005, 05:29 PM
Very nice!

knitknut
12-19-2005, 05:34 PM
Thanks. They are my first pair. The colors made want to raid the kitchen pantry for butterscotch and chocolate chips! :lol:

kemp
12-19-2005, 05:40 PM
MMMMMmmm...now that sounds good!

margie
12-19-2005, 05:45 PM
Knitknut, those look great! Especially for your first pair- I'm sure my first pair didn't look that good! :thumbsup:

KellyK
12-19-2005, 06:40 PM
88???? Try 106 by now!!! :cheering: REALLY good job!

And thanks for the congrats! :heart:

Andrea
12-19-2005, 07:25 PM
I :heart: Howie :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
I'm loving the purple tweed, I can't wait til my sissy felts hers!!!!

knitknut
12-19-2005, 07:55 PM
Silly KK! I think I have the clogs # 88 & 89. Check page 100 to be sure. Now that Silver saved the day by sharing the picture shrinker, I can start posting pics. :happydance:

KellyK
12-19-2005, 09:28 PM
I thought you guys might find it fun to see my drawer full of cloggies....

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/drawer_of_clogs.jpg

Angelia
12-19-2005, 09:32 PM
Oh WOW!!! :inlove: :inlove:

If anyone is qualified to teach a course in this, it's you!

:notworthy: :notworthy:

Julie
12-19-2005, 10:05 PM

margie
12-19-2005, 10:07 PM
:roflhard: That is too funny, Kelly!! How are you keeping them all straight?!

KellyK
12-19-2005, 10:32 PM
I have one clog of each pair stuffed inside the other, and a note with the recipient's name stuffed inside that. I have a sickness. I know. :(

Jeep_Girl
12-19-2005, 11:33 PM
I have one clog of each pair stuffed inside the other, and a note with the recipient's name stuffed inside that. I have a sickness. I know. :(

That might be an understatement :rofling:

Angelia
12-20-2005, 12:11 AM
I have one clog of each pair stuffed inside the other

Hey...maybe that's their mating ritual!

aprildavis99
12-20-2005, 12:24 AM

"Honeeeeeeeey! The cloggies are expecting and they need yarn. Remember when I craved ice cream and pickles? Well the cloggies need wool."

Angelia
12-20-2005, 12:36 AM

"Honeeeeeeeey! The cloggies are expecting and they need yarn. Remember when I craved ice cream and pickles? Well the cloggies need wool."

Racerkatie
12-20-2005, 01:02 AM
My husband just doens't understand how it is that I open up this forum all the time and burst out laughing! That drawer full of clogs is hilarious, KellyK. What I want to know is how many pairs of clogs can you felt in the washer at once??!!??

I have to report one pair of clogs done ... dark grey with pink cuff. Miss Helen's father was going to buy slippers. I'm using Cascade 220 because that's what I could get quickly.

Desperately trying to finish second pair for Helen's brother Ross ... dark grey with dark green cuff for Christmas.

KellyK
12-20-2005, 01:30 AM
You'll LOVE the cascade! It felts up quickly and thickly.

Ill find out how many at Christmas! :roflhard:

Vendie
12-20-2005, 09:29 PM
My second finished pair, my fourth started...

WOTA in hollyberry and mulled wine...for my MIL, who will need to felt them herself, seeing as they got mailed today and I finished them last night.

volmel
12-20-2005, 09:56 PM
Ooooh, I LOVE those colors together. And your stitches are so neat!

Melissa

Hildegard_von_Knittin
12-20-2005, 10:21 PM
FG!!!! the ones I just made for my mom are those colors too!!!!!

KellyK
12-20-2005, 10:34 PM
FG...those look GREAT!

Here's pair #108....WOTA, mist soles, tulip upper, tulip/violet cuff & bumper. For DB's GF. One more Christmas pair to go for BIL, but I need DH's help to rewind 1 ball of stream & 1 ball of snickerdoodle into 2 balls of mixed color. SOOOO....Im starting on my lamb's pride OCEANY clogs! YAYYYYY! NEW CLOGGIES FOR MEEEEE!!!

margie
12-20-2005, 11:03 PM
Those are beautiful, Kelly!! I can't wait to hear your Christmas clog stories!

Angelia
12-20-2005, 11:05 PM
Those are beautiful, Kelly!! I can't wait to hear your Christmas clog stories!

Yes, and Yes! :thumbsup:

Vendie
12-21-2005, 07:35 AM
FG!!!! the ones I just made for my mom are those colors too!!!!!

Don't you love them together? I wasn't sure at first, but I love them now!

Are they the ones you had to improvise on? Heck if I had finished mine sooner I would have mailed you my leftovers!

kemp
12-21-2005, 02:08 PM
All you cloggers make sure to check out the main board for 50% off sale at BoPeep...Julie gets a little credit and it's cheaper than WOTA right now :)

KellyK
12-21-2005, 02:11 PM
Main Board?? Credit for Julie???

Angelia
12-21-2005, 02:14 PM
Main Board?? Credit for Julie???

Do I sense Kelly developing sweaty palms and a palpitating heart at the very thought of getting more wool for clogs?

kemp
12-21-2005, 02:29 PM
Main Board?? Credit for Julie??? :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: yeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssss....don't resist. Clog people need wool!!!! :inlove:

amy
12-21-2005, 03:42 PM
Oooh, I didn't even see that post (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6980)about the sale. Nice!

FiberGirl, I LOVE :inlove: those colors together!!!! KellyK, those are aweseome too! I love reddish colors, and I'm all about pink tones these days. I think I've been hanging around my 5 year old neice too much. :lol:

chicagoknitter
12-21-2005, 06:32 PM
First of all, I am brand new to posting here but I have been reading your posts for quite a while and you guys are hysterical! You do beautiful work, all of you. I have two questions for you guys though:
1. Are the clogs to hard for a new knitter? :thinking:
2. KellyK where are you teaching your classes? I am in Chicago. :??

Julie
12-21-2005, 06:43 PM
You just need to know how to knit and purl -- experience with knitting in the round is helpful, but not a deal-breaker. There are a lot of M1 increases, which you will loathe at first, but by the end you will be a pro...and the three needle bind off can be a bit tricky, but really, the pattern explains everything so well, and you have US to help you if you get stuck. Live a little! Give it a try! :D

And do join us in Woodstock on January 7 for our next IL knitters get-together! :cheering:

Angelia
12-21-2005, 07:36 PM
Welcome! :waving:

KellyK
12-21-2005, 08:09 PM
YAYYYY!!! Another Illinoisian! YES...please DO join us for the January 7 knit-together! More info here (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2139)

And, Im teaching the class in Forest Park at Chix With Stix (http://chixwithstixknitting.com/). Their January classes arent up on their site yet, but give 'em a call! Should be the last three Sundays in January. :cheering:

Im gonna say these clogs are an "advanced beginnier" or Intermediate project. You'll need to have increased and decreased as well as what Julie listed above. :thumbsup:

Vendie
12-21-2005, 08:19 PM
And it helps if you enjoy counting...b/c you'll be doing a lot of it...a lot. :D

KellyK
12-22-2005, 08:43 AM
I know that views of a million clogs amuse you guys to no end, so here's another...I started wrapping last night. Now,...I know you only see 12 pairs. 2 Ive already given, I still have 1 pair to knit, and this does not include the ones I knit for my class OR the ones currently on the needles for MEE ME MEEEE (which will be done TODAY.)

kemp
12-22-2005, 10:09 AM
OMG! It is so cool to see them all together.

I wonder if you'll fell a sense of loss once they're gone? tee hee I can't wait to see the pair just for you. If they're done today you could have them dry in time to wear Christmas morning!

foothills
12-22-2005, 10:36 AM
KK---I've been away for awhile and you never cease to amaze me ;) I :heart: all of your clogs and I cannot think of a more gifted person to teach a clog class :thumbsup:

I've just felted my 2nd pair of clogs...this time WOTA for Dawson...I really liked the way the WOTA felted...it took all of 20 minutes...now, I must wait for them to dry and I hope that happens before Christmas Eve night!! These should fit him :rofling:

You all have me hooked :roflhard: THIS pair was much easier than the first and I've recently bought the yarn to do a pair for my DDIL who had a request for a pair after seeing the first intended pair for Dawson! I have much baking to do today, so no time to post to my blog...I'll make up for that after the holidays...I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!!

Joyce

KellyK
12-22-2005, 10:41 AM
I wonder if you'll fell a sense of loss once they're gone?

I kinda do... :shifty:

Thanks for the compliments and all the support about my class!

Im hoping that the Oak Park LYS has a skein of Supreme Purple LP because Im gonna run out before I finish my 2nd clog!! :shock: I forgot when buying the yarn that LP doesnt have 200 full yds in a skein! AND, I have to get these done so I can have my needles free to do my last pair for my BIL... :(

margie
12-22-2005, 11:01 AM
Joyce, great job on Dawson's clogs!! Isn't it wonderful how much easier it is after the first pair? :cheering:

Kelly, I like that pic of all the clogs even better than the one of them in the drawer!! Are all of the recipients going to be together when you give them? You'll have to take a pic of everyone wearing their KK custom-made cloggies!!

KellyK
12-22-2005, 11:52 AM
Well, they will be in 2 groups....my family on Chrsitmas Eve (7 pairs), and Al's family Christmas Day (also 7 pair). I will take before AND after pics! :cheering:

jodstr2
12-22-2005, 05:18 PM
dang KK... Clogging Fembot you! :shock: :cheering:

I just ordered WOTA for 3 more pairs that I'll finish sometime in January. Auntie's - she picked Cranberry and Daffodil, Uncle's - he picked Evergreen and Mist, and Dyl's - I picked Red and Coal.

DotMom61
12-22-2005, 06:44 PM
Good golly, Miss Molly!!! I can't keep up with all these posts. I should be knitting on two other things right now, but NO, I'm sitting here getting caught upon the 6 pages of the Clog Forum that I missed. I really must go now. The clogs all look fabulous!!! I want some!

margie
12-22-2005, 06:46 PM
Dotmom, I think the first thing you need to knit after the holidays are some clogs for YOU!!!! :cheering:

DotMom61
12-22-2005, 06:51 PM
Oh, Margie, you can bet those furry little Alpacas that I'm going to! :roflhard: And the colors are going to be ... hmmm ... haven't decided yet, but I have lots of odds and ends around here after all these felted bags!

wabbit
12-22-2005, 10:58 PM
Sorry, I didn't want to weed through that whole thread to find my answer! I need a size 7. Do I use the directions for size 6, or 8?

Thanks!

Ingrid
12-22-2005, 11:00 PM
In my experience, which isn't as extensive as some others', is that they tend to run large, so for a 7, I'd go with the 6.

foothills
12-23-2005, 06:59 AM
I was concerned that Dawson's clogs wouldn't dry in time for Christmas Eve so I could give them to him and my 3 year nephew at the same time (since they are at the age of not being too fond of sharing ;) ) DB gave me an idea that I thought I'd share, because it's working :cheering: \

I put them on the heat vent in the den after felting yesterday and they are almost completely dry...with no change in their form :D

Hildegard_von_Knittin
12-23-2005, 07:31 AM
froggy cloggy! (even though I already posted them in Watcha Knitting, they belong HERE anyway!)

*Mine have lint and cat hair on them! Ha ha HAAAAAH! (this is my fake snobby voice trying to make you feel bad that YOU don't have lint or cat hair!)

foothills
12-23-2005, 08:14 AM
:heart: Your frog clogs Hilde!!! Merry Christmas!!

Joyce

KellyK
12-23-2005, 08:52 AM
OH MANNNNN!! I wish I had lint and cat hair on all of MY clogs!! :(

Hild...I showed your frog clogs to Dana at Chix With Stix yesterday....she is now using one of the pics as her desktop background. She TOTALLY wants you to do a needle felting class!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
12-23-2005, 11:43 AM
oooooooo really???????????? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I think that would be fun! I might have to make a trip in there and talk to her. When are you going next? Did you show her my butterfly ones? Those are better because I had more time. SHOOT I guess i'd better get started on another pair or two so I can have some examples! :cheering:

DotMom61
12-23-2005, 11:59 AM
Hild ... I still snicker every time I read, "Clog People Untie." :lol:

volmel
12-23-2005, 07:02 PM
OMG Hilde, those are FABULOUS!!!! Good job!

Melissa

Hildegard_von_Knittin
12-23-2005, 09:44 PM
thank you thank you!!!

DM, I still snicker too :-) Especially when i look at it as "Unite... oh wait, i mean untie" HAR HAR!

KellyK
12-25-2005, 11:55 AM
I finished my LAST PAIR of Christmas clogs last night! :cheering: These are for BIL....Cascade charcoal and ragg gray.

Also, some Christmas eve clog pics for ya!

jodstr2
12-25-2005, 03:05 PM
the little girl in the last pic - is she covering her eyes? or going, "how in the HECK am I supposed to walk in those giant things?" :lol:

KellyK
12-25-2005, 03:26 PM
OMG, Jod...she was actually MAD! :roflhard: We had to do some QUICK recovery & convince her that they were going to "magically" shrink to her size when Kelly put them in the washer! We did a pretty good job, because she got VERY involved in the process with me. Helped me check them every time!

allegra918
12-25-2005, 05:28 PM
happy holidays everyone!
i faithfully read 111 pages of this a while ago, and i know that my answer would probably be found somewhere, but i'm feeling lazy, so i'll ask:
how can i change the clog pattern to make a pair for a child (2 1/2 yr old)?
is there an actual pattern to follow?

KellyK
12-25-2005, 07:02 PM
FIber TRends wrote a separate pattern for child's sizes. For my 2-yr old niece, I made the XS.

allegra918
12-25-2005, 08:15 PM
did you have to order the pattern? if so, from where? i'll check my LYS this week if they have it.

Indygirl
12-25-2005, 08:47 PM
OH MANNNNN!! I wish I had lint and cat hair on all of MY clogs!! :(

Hild...I showed your frog clogs to Dana at Chix With Stix yesterday....she is now using one of the pics as her desktop background. She TOTALLY wants you to do a needle felting class!

Hummmm Kelly, I'm about to start my first pair. I hadn't thought about the clinging hair thingy :doh: I have two King Charles cavalier spaniels. They doooooo shed. I guess I will have multy colored clogs. I got blue velvet and antigua. So I guess a little black,white and brown mixed in won't hurt.
:thinking:

Ingrid
12-25-2005, 09:10 PM
did you have to order the pattern? if so, from where? i'll check my LYS this week if they have it.

Some shops carry it, or you can get it on line.

boyforpele13
12-26-2005, 01:17 AM
I made a special trip to a far off LYS for this pattern MONTHS ago and it's been calling to me ever since... About how long does it take to finish a pair? Just curious if I'd have time to use them before the ever too brief "winter" in Florida has ended.

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!

Ingrid
12-26-2005, 01:26 AM
Kelly's up to 15 pairs a night, but I was able to finish a pair in two evenings of knitting.

amy
12-26-2005, 04:51 PM
Hey y'all!!!! I've joined you, and am working on my first pair of clogs! :happydance:

I had a major knitting jones on the night before Christmas Eve, and realized I just had to start on these. They're knitting up fast! I'll post pictures soon!

Hildie, I love your froggie clogs!!! SOOOOO CUUUUTE! :inlove:

Kelly, that's such a great family pic.

KellyK
12-26-2005, 10:25 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

amy
12-27-2005, 04:06 PM
These are for MEEEEE. :happydance:

I used Cascade Eco+ yarn, which is much thicker than WOTA, looked to be twice as thick, so I used a single strand. (Surprisingly, since it's supposedly a heavy worsted weight at 4 sts./inch.) I'm quite pleased with the felted results--very substantial and thick slippers. This is also a nice soft felting yarn. Softer than WOTA. Color selection is not nearly as good though, and it comes in 400 yard skeins for $20 if I recall! Not cheap, but you get a lot, and remember it only took one strand, so half the yardage of WOTA. I happened to have a bunch leftover from another project, so it was perfect for me!

The sole fits great, as does the foot, but as I often find, the outer edge of the object has felted less than inner areas, so the cuff could use more felting. I've not done any hand felting, does anyone have any tricks for felting just the cuff a bit more? Not crucial though, it's a good fit overall, and I know I'll enjoy them!

Prefelted (hard to tell how huge they are in this pic!)
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/images/forum-posts/clogs2.jpg

HERE you can see how huge they are prefelted!
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/images/forum-posts/clogs1.jpg

Felted
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/images/forum-posts/clogs3.jpg

Felted
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/images/forum-posts/clogs4.jpg

boyforpele13
12-27-2005, 04:41 PM
ARGH!!!! All these pictures of your happy faces with your FT clogs have finally done me in. (Kelly, LOVE the family of clogs pic! Too awesome!) I am foregoing the stupid felted bag I've been working on for what feels like a century, because I have exactly enough WOTA and Cascade un-knitted to make myself a pair. (Must be another sign from above. ;) )

I am casting on NOW.

(Secretly SO happy to drop the stupid bag for a LONG while and openly THRILLED to join the ranks of you happy clogsters!)

P.S. Okay, so I messed up royally in the 4th row and my dastardly felted bag project somehow fell back in my lap. Maybe next week. I LOVE ALL OF YOUR CLOGS SO MUCH THOUGH! I NEED THEM! I've had the pattern for MONTHS. <le sigh>

I know M1 can make a little hole but mine seem kinda big. Is it normal because of the double yarn and needle size or am I goofing something up there too? Thanks all! :-D

margie
12-27-2005, 04:52 PM
Amy, your clogs look great!! I am almost ready to make another pair for myself. They are so warm and comfortable.

Good news- my BIL's size 13 clogs FIT!!! I was very nervous that they wouldn't fit him for some reason. :cheering:

KellyK
12-27-2005, 04:57 PM
AMY THOSE PICS ARE GREAT!! :roflhard:

But the cuffs dont LOOK like they felted less... :??

My advice would be to felt the WHOLE THINGS again...you can stretch and re-block the parts that didnt really NEED re-felting. They are SO forgiving when wet.

boyforpele13
12-27-2005, 05:21 PM
p.s. amy, i was thinking of hand-felting mine as well. did that take forever?

thanks! :)

margie
12-27-2005, 06:09 PM
p.s. amy, i was thinking of hand-felting mine as well. did that take forever?

thanks! :)

I think that Amy was inquiring about hand-felting just the cuffs on hers. If you were to hand-felt the whole clog, I think it would take forever. With some of my pairs, depending on what kind of yarn I used, it has taken 45 minutes in the washing machine- I can only imagine how long that would take by hand........

KellyK
12-27-2005, 06:10 PM
Not only would it take FOREVER, but you run a BIG RISK of it not felting evenly. I wouldnt do it.

boyforpele13
12-27-2005, 06:11 PM
oh wow, i'm glad i asked! i'll stick with the washing machine if i ever get past the 4th row! ;) thanks for rescuing me from a felting nightmare!

amy
12-27-2005, 06:35 PM
Yeah, I just wanted to do some isolated felting to extra-felt the cuff. It's not bad, and probably is the same as everyone else's, but I can tell it suffered the usual felt-by-washing-machine problem that I get: any outide edges felt less than inner areas. Less adjacent fabric to rub against I guess. :?? Well anyway, no biggy. Glad you like the pics! :D

boyforpele, WAIT! Often times different yarns felt at very different speeds. I'd hesitate to combine the two yarn types if I were you! You don't want soles and cuffs to shrink twice as fast, or half as fast!

Has anyone felted with both Cascade and WOTA? Do they felt at the same rate by any chance?? (You're talking of Cascade 220, right BFP?)

boyforpele13
12-27-2005, 06:54 PM
Amy, thank you for bringing that up! I do mean Cascade 220 and WOTA. I have felted WOTA mixed with Patons Classic Wool in the past, and there were only slight felting differences, but nothing I minded. I figured with this particular project, it has to be felted so tightly, it wouldn't matter too much. I could very well be wrong on that, though... You think I should hold off?

I have started again and my M1 holes seem enormous to me anyway. :( Any tips on that?

Andrea
12-27-2005, 07:00 PM
Amy, they look GREAT!! I love that first picture---you look so happy! :D And your kitty looks so comfortable!! Nice job!! :cheering:

Julie
12-27-2005, 07:56 PM
BFP, are you sure you're doing them right? I ask because I was doing them wrong for a while and had holes...the right way can be such a pain, but once you get through a pair of clogs, you'll be a pro.

(Anywho, watch the video (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/videos/increase/m1f-rds.mpg)....are you knitting that picked up stitch through the back loop??)

margie
12-27-2005, 08:22 PM
My clogs are cascade 220 and plymouth wool. There is a difference in the way they felted- I notice it more now than I did when I first made them. The uppers are the cascade- the stitches didn't felt as much, so as the clogs stretched with use, you can see the stitch definition- the soles and the cuffs look slightly different. It isn't a problem for me- I would combine the 2 yarns again, but I do notice a difference.

boyforpele13
12-28-2005, 12:46 AM
i watched the video several times before attempting it, and I *thought* i was doing it right, but now looking again, I was taking the yarn from the back and then KTBL, so I was mixing them up. I'm going to try again! Thanks! :)

humblestumble
12-28-2005, 01:39 AM
:shock: I bought my yarn today :-o

Julie
12-28-2005, 01:41 AM
:cheering:

KellyK
12-28-2005, 08:29 AM
Whadja get whadja get????

lisak
12-29-2005, 12:05 PM
Finally - I have proof! Here are the clogs I made for my mom, MIL, and SIL. I didn't take a picture (guess I forgot) of my mom's felted. I used WOTA of course in mist and violet? for my mom, snickerdoodle and coal for my MIL, and I think I used blue bonnet and chambray for my SIL.

http://static.flickr.com/38/78940485_187d031f2a_m.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/41/78940023_212be781f7_m.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/40/78941198_bd03d5980f_m.jpg

My moms came out the worst I think, they were all funky shaped (and those were my second pair!), but my mom says she likes them. My SIL's came out the best, they were perfect! Hopefully I will just keep getting better at it. My pair are next!

amy
12-29-2005, 12:18 PM
BEAUTIFUL clogs Lisa! :inlove:

I love the yellow ochre colored ones. Are you sure that's snickerdoodle? It's VERY pretty, whatever that color is!

Ingrid
12-29-2005, 12:44 PM
They came out great!! I never seem to take mine off anymore--they're so comfy!

lisak
12-29-2005, 12:55 PM
Thanks Amy & Ingrid! :)

Yep, that's snickerdoodle. It is more of like a khaki/brown color. I found that all the colors kind of look a little different when they are felted. When I was knitting up the blue ones, I was a little worried. But after I felted them, they were softer - if that makes sense.

I can't wait to get started on my own pair. All my yarn is in and calling my name! :D

boyforpele13
12-29-2005, 06:04 PM
i finished clog #1!!!! YAY!!!! it looks hideous!!!! BOOOOO! i will be hovering over the washer saying prayers to the magical felt fairy to fix this atrocity. hopefully #2 will be better.

Ingrid
12-29-2005, 06:23 PM
i finished clog #1!!!! YAY!!!! it looks hideous!!!! BOOOOO! i will be hovering over the washer saying prayers to the magical felt fairy to fix this atrocity. hopefully #2 will be better.

They all look pretty bizarre before felting! No matter what, they still feel good.

boyforpele13
12-29-2005, 06:27 PM
the prettiest part is the seam for the inner sole and noone will get to see that. ;)

i am fairly new to the continental, and i have not ssk continental until this pattern. my shaping looks a little um... obvious on the top... really, other than that, i'm pretty impressed with myself for making it through the intimidating pattern anyway, so they will be special to me no matter what and i'm sure comfortable, like you said! speaking of comfort, WOTA isn't the softest handed wool, but once felted, it is nice or do you wear with socks? i felted a bag with it, but hard to say with that... Thanks! :)

boyforpele13
12-29-2005, 06:31 PM
p.s. i wasn't really familiar with overcast seaming, so i took your advice back on page 17 or so for the seam and did it mattress-esque and i think it came out perfect and gorgeous, and flat like the pattern insists upon. thanks for that, btw! :) it's my best seam ever i think.

Ingrid
12-29-2005, 06:33 PM
Good for you! I made mine with Cascade 220, which, though softer than some wools, I wouldn't like against my skin. The felted clogs are very soft, though, and I happily wear them barefooted.

humblestumble
12-29-2005, 10:39 PM
purty clogs, lisak!

I got Paton's Classic Merino Wool in light blue as main color and black as contrast colors :) I cast on for my swatch :cheering:

Ingrid
12-29-2005, 10:49 PM
purty clogs, lisak!

I got Paton's Classic Merino Wool in light blue as main color and black as contrast colors :) I cast on for my swatch :cheering:

Unless you've found in the past that you are way, way off in gauge, I really wouldn't bother with a gauge swatch for the clogs. They're so enormous when you knit them, and their size can be somewhat controlled with the amount of felting you'll give them.

Racerkatie
12-30-2005, 10:52 PM
Finally, a picture of two more pair of clogs for Ross and Helen.

boyforpele13
12-30-2005, 11:49 PM
:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:
Clog #1 is completed, ends woven in, all sewn, and looking hideous. I'm knitting feverishly to complete #2 when it occurs to me I'm running low on my cuff/sole color and can't imagine it being enough to finish the clog. I double check the pattern and to my great dismay, I misread the yarn requirements and had them backwards. WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I have only 2 balls of the Cascade, which I was using for the sole/cuff, and like 10 balls of the WOTA. WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

What am I to do (besides sob and lament and call myself a moron, that is)? I can't get to the LYS that sells Cascade and don't have the color anymore to order online. I guess I have some serious frogging to do. I don't even know how to undo seams.

:frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog:

KellyK
12-31-2005, 01:18 PM
OMG, Pele...Im SO sorry!!! :crying:

Now, on a happier note....

*ahem*
(To the tune of O Canada)

O Annnndreaaaaaa
You saved my butt, its truuuue
I would never have finished
these clogggs withoooout youuuuuu!

Here are MINE! Lamb's Pride, I forget the name of the blue and green, and Supreme Purple! They look like the OCEAN! Im felting them today or tomorrow, dependign on when I finish my other laundry.,..

Jouf
12-31-2005, 01:36 PM
Pele - what about leaving that one that's done as is and just reversing the other one's colors?? It'll be sort like the socks I've seen made that don't match!

humblestumble
12-31-2005, 03:29 PM
awesome clogs kelly

Sorry bout that, pele!

And on another note...does gauge REALLY matter with the clogs? my size 13 needles are crappy so I was thinking of using the next size down since I wear a size 7 1/2 anyway...

Ingrid
12-31-2005, 03:46 PM
I don't see that gauge is that important with these. I'd go with it.

KellyK
01-02-2006, 03:44 PM
Here's my oceany FT clogs.....

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/ft_clogs_for_meeee_290.jpg

DotMom61
01-02-2006, 04:00 PM
Kelly --

I love your color choices -- especially that purple!! Are you happy w/ how the Lamb's Pride felted up?

boyforpele13
01-02-2006, 04:01 PM
those colors are GORGEOUS!

KellyK
01-02-2006, 04:09 PM
THANKS! :heart:

Here's what I wrote about the lamb's pride in my blog....

Well, to be PERFECTLY honest, I do have disappointments. They are still too WIDE even though they fit from heel-to-toe. Im thinking about felting them again and stretching the dickens out of them lengthwise. Also, while all of the WOTA clogs I made pretty much felted into the right shape, the soles on one of these felted REALLY crooked. These took ALOT of stretching & shaping. And, as I mentioned above, they took FOREVER to felt! VERY different experience.

DotMom61
01-02-2006, 04:12 PM
Hmmm ... well, you've given me something to think about then, when I finally get ready to make my own. The L.P. has been great for the bags I've been making, though. I'm sorry you were disappointed with the final product. They LOOK great!! And, that's what's important, right? "It's not how you feel, it's how you LOOK!"

VickiIL
01-02-2006, 06:37 PM
Has anyone had trouble with these clogs felting up way too wide? All of the clogs I made for the kids and for my DH, Dad and Brother all fit them really well. The pair I made for myself was clearly not going to fit me. I kept felting them until they were close in length but WAY to wide. It seemed there was no way they were going to work for me so I gave them to my mom who they fit just fine. I only wear a size 5, so I think I am going to try the largest child's size since the children's are narrower. (A child's 3 is the same as an adults 5 so this should work right?)

Hildegard_von_Knittin
01-02-2006, 06:42 PM
yep, all 3 of the ones I've made have been wide. I am experimenting witht he current pair... on the last round of the upper it says to k3 k2tog k until end... well I k3 k2tog AROUND instead for this one and I'm hoping that will help close it up a little.

DotMom61
01-02-2006, 10:28 PM
I only wear a size 5

You wear a size 5?!?

:doh:

My feet are twice as big as yours. That makes me sad. :(

VickiIL
01-02-2006, 11:28 PM
I only wear a size 5

You wear a size 5?!?

:doh:

My feet are twice as big as yours. That makes me sad. :(

It actually depends on the shoe. My feet swim in size 5 pumps. My wedding shoes were 4's as well as most of my sandals. (I can even wear a size 2 or 3's in children's shoes! - kid's 2& 3 are the same as adults 4 &5....sometimes a little narrower.) Don't be sad though because shoe shopping is a nightmare! I have to go to specialty shops and pay an arm and a leg. Or if I go for a girl's shoe I spend hours looking for ones with out bows or Bratz... on them.

My prayer for each of my pregnancies was to for my feet to spread to at least a solid 5 1/2 but preferrably a 6....I never gained a millimeter! (in my feet at least the rest of my body has never been the same.)

Jan in CA
01-03-2006, 01:31 AM
Are you rather short, too VickiIL? I think people forget sometimes that shorter people are going to have smaller feet. As well as smaller other parts usually too of course. When I was losing weight a few years ago I got down to 125 and my SIL was aghast..she thought I was losing too much that I was going to melt away.. problem was she is like 5'8" so I had to remind her that I'm small boned and only 5'3". LOL My waist when I got married was 21 inches.. it's not anymore. :roflhard:

DotMom61
01-03-2006, 01:37 AM
Well, Vicki, my feet made up for yours then. When I started, I wore a size 9. By the time child #2 was born, I was into a size 10. Sometimes I can wear a 9-1/2, though. (whoopee) I always wished I could into those cute little size 7's you see on display in the store. Oh well ... I guess God just wanted me to have a better understanding.

{rim shot} :rollseyes:

KellyK
01-03-2006, 08:13 AM
Yer so PUNNY, Jul!! :roflhard:

VickiIL
01-03-2006, 10:06 AM
Are you rather short, too VickiIL? I think people forget sometimes that shorter people are going to have smaller feet. As well as smaller other parts usually too of course. When I was losing weight a few years ago I got down to 125 and my SIL was aghast..she thought I was losing too much that I was going to melt away.. problem was she is like 5'8" so I had to remind her that I'm small boned and only 5'3". LOL My waist when I got married was 21 inches.. it's not anymore. :roflhard:

Rather short? I am only 4'10'' So that makes me VERY short!

I know what you mean by the weight thing. Right now I am 120 and my goal weight is somewhere around 100-110. Everyone has a fit when they hear that weight goal. When I started Weight Watchers after my daughter was born the WW gal gave me the chart that tells you where your range is...Mine was 90-110. When I told her my goal was between 100-110 she wouldn't right it down....she said it was unhealthy to be that thin. I had to show her the chart 3 times before she realized that was where I would be healthy!

VickiIL
01-03-2006, 10:17 AM
Well, Vicki, my feet made up for yours then. When I started, I wore a size 9. By the time child #2 was born, I was into a size 10. Sometimes I can wear a 9-1/2, though. (whoopee) I always wished I could into those cute little size 7's you see on display in the store. Oh well ... I guess God just wanted me to have a better understanding.

{rim shot} :rollseyes:

I hear that by so many women that their feet spread at least a size. I can't tell you how hard I prayed for that! (Shopping for shoes is expensive for me!) I didn't get a millimeter! And I gained SOOO much weight! (I gained 40 lbs with my 1st son, and 30 with each child after) By the time my pregnancies were over my belly was so big I couldn't fit behind the steering wheel of my car!(another problem with being short!)

Hildegard_von_Knittin
01-03-2006, 05:45 PM
you know what KK says about big feet, don't you DM? BIIIIIIIIG BOOBIES!!!!

*I think she just says that about everything.

DotMom61
01-03-2006, 08:01 PM
Vicki: I hope you know I'm joking -- I know that those of you who are height challenged have a hard time living in a world where the average height is, what ... 5'5"? It must be frustrating sometimes. I'm 5'7", and my MIL is only about 2-3" shorter than me, and even *she* has troubles with some things, like reaching the pedals in the car!

And Hilde: You've met me. You *know* that the myth about big feet/big boobies isn't true.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
01-03-2006, 09:14 PM
well, you can have big boobies in spirit!

KellyK
01-03-2006, 10:09 PM
Yeah, Hild...I have VICARIOUS big boobs. :rollseyes:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
01-03-2006, 11:31 PM
etheral boobies!

mintdee
01-04-2006, 12:03 AM
You guys started talking about boobies so that this thread wasn't left out didn't you? ;) :roflhard:
For the record I am 5'1 and have the worst time reaching stuff but that is why I am a great climber :rollseyes:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
01-04-2006, 12:41 PM
no, we just like talking about boobies

carlaf
01-04-2006, 03:18 PM
I've got a question about the outer sole. The instructions states:
"Beginning at heel with right side facing, use the spare circular needle to pick up the top loops of the last ridge of garter st around outer edge of slipper sole."

Does this mean that I pick up the sts where the blue markers are located in my picture?

Help me oh clog diva...

CarlaF

carlaf
01-04-2006, 03:25 PM
I think I forgot to hit the send button for this post :oops:

I've got a question about the outer sole. The instructions states:
"Beginning at heel with right side facing, use the spare circular needle to pick up the top loops of the last ridge of garter st around outer edge of slipper sole."

Does this mean that I pick up the sts where the blue markers are located in my picture?

Help me oh clog diva...

CarlaF

boyforpele13
01-04-2006, 03:41 PM
I need help, as well, clog divas!

I am on my 2nd clog now (with the RIGHT colors <sigh>) and I noticed on Row 15 in the instep shaping that I am short 1 stitch. I know from prior posts I can just add one somewhere, but I am afraid I'm going to add it in the wrong spot. My toe shaping is matching up perfectly and looking lovely so I don't think the stitch was lost there... I was going to just wait until all the instep shaping was done and I make it almost to the marker in row 35 and doing a M1... Help!

Edit: Cancel this request. Something happened in the next row, I have no idea what, couldn't fix it, tried to frog but couldn't with the increases and slips and stuff and threw the thing. I'm going to restart at the 2nd color join. :)

Thanks!

KellyK
01-04-2006, 04:27 PM
Carla, you are absolutely right. You've got the top garter loops marked with the blue markers.

Your decreases on the top of the clog look GREAT, by the way!! :thumbsup:

PELE IM SOOOO SORRY! :(

boyforpele13
01-04-2006, 04:31 PM
Thanks, Kelly. :) I had a little tantrum, but luckily I am sitting very close to the wall so I didn't throw it terribly far. ;) Maybe this time I will get the count right and all this ripping is going to make me a master at these blasted things! :thumbsup:

carlaf
01-04-2006, 05:09 PM
Carla, you are absolutely right. You've got the top garter loops marked with the blue markers.

Your decreases on the top of the clog look GREAT, by the way!! :thumbsup:

:(

Thanks KellyK :D Now on to the outer sole.

CarlaF

boyforpele13
01-05-2006, 03:27 PM
I know this very well may be somewhere in these 116 pages, so I apologize, but has anyone made these with Noro Kureyon? I was just thinking how fabulous the upper might be in that, but then wonder what felts well with Noro... Thanks! :)

KellyK
01-05-2006, 03:48 PM
Someone DID make clogs with Noro...I cant remember who or when or what they used for the soles. Use the search tool and try searching on 'noro clogs' & see if it comes up with anything,,,,

allegra918
01-05-2006, 04:02 PM
I'll bet using Noro Iro would be awesome too. I personally like the way Iro felts more than Kureyon, but that's probably a matter of personal taste.

boyforpele13
01-05-2006, 04:17 PM
i havent' felted with Noro yet, i'll check out Iro! Thanks! :)

DotMom61
01-06-2006, 12:00 PM
I know this very well may be somewhere in these 116 pages, so I apologize, but has anyone made these with Noro Kureyon? I was just thinking how fabulous the upper might be in that, but then wonder what felts well with Noro... Thanks! :)

Here (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?p=60255#60255) ya' go BfP ... I was thinking of trying the same thing. Love #95!

Oh, and I have felted bags that were knit using one strand of Kureyon & one strand of Lamb's Pride. I have no idea how they would behave with something like the upper all in Kureyon and the cuff & sole in something else, though.

boyforpele13
01-06-2006, 02:28 PM
Thanks, DotMom!!! I love them! I knew I would! I think I would do the 2 strands still. If it weren't for cost, I imagine the whole thing could be made out of the Kureyon, but I think I will probably try it with either WOTA or Cascade for soles/cuffs. That post mentioned it taking a long time for the Noro to felt, so maybe the WOTA would be best since that can be kinda lengthy sometimes as well. But then Allegra mentioned Iro and I hadn't even considered that... I forgot silk felts... Iro is pretty pricy, but I also adore Silk Garden, which is a higher silk content, I think 45%, then the rest is wool and mohair. I wonder how that one would go... I could totally do 2 balls of that for the upper as well and I bet they would feel marvelous.

Edit: Wait, does silk felt or does Iro only felt because the silk content is only 25%? What is the rule on percentage, I'm having brain flatus now.

DotMom61
01-06-2006, 03:48 PM
You're very welcome ... I can't wait to see them! :thumbsup:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
01-06-2006, 05:04 PM
I would do a test swatch AND felt it before you commit a double strand of noro for knitting. The color blends might not line up like you think they will and you could end up with something you don't like

You could also try noro holding together with another thinner wool yarn. Do a swatch to make sure they felt at the same rate.

you can save money too by maybe doing the soles in a solid color and saving noro for the upper part.

feministmama
01-07-2006, 06:28 PM
Just came in to this forum for a peek. Y'all are having fun and talking about boobies!!!

I have my yarn for clogs I just have all this other stuff to make first. But now that I see how much fun clogs are I'm thinking to hell with all that other stuff I'm making some clogs! I got big feet too. I wear a size 11 in womens and 9 mens. Sometimes. Depends on the maker. SOmetimes I have to go even bigger. But I'm 6 feet and 1 and 1/2 inches tall so I'd look really stoopid with small feet. Prolly fall over too. My boobs would prolly pull me over. :roflhard:

Ingrid
01-07-2006, 08:15 PM
:roflhard: Always with the boobs. :rofling:

Andrea
01-07-2006, 11:06 PM
Now, on a happier note....

*ahem*
(To the tune of O Canada)

O Annnndreaaaaaa
You saved my butt, its truuuue
I would never have finished
these clogggs withoooout youuuuuu!

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:
They look great KK!!!!

kitkat
01-08-2006, 03:27 PM
And whats wrong with boobers? Huh?? HUH????

Has anyone done these with Patons Merino? After Adam vetoed the lovely color selection I made for him, (he wants two tone grey, how dull is that) I saw that I could use my 40% off coupons at Joann's and get acceptable colors at a decent price.

jodstr2
01-08-2006, 03:56 PM
brain flatus

tee heee heeeeheee tee heeee tee heeeeee tee heee :roflhard: sorry, I have uncontrollable giggling every time I read that.

I feel ya. can't help ya on the Silk Garden question (I think it felts ok because I've seen a number of felted bag patterns call for Silk Garden) but on the frogging and throwing - ohhhh yes have I ever done that. I think my first 3 pairs took like 2 tries each. each CLOG. so knitting 6 clogs was practically like knitting 12. *sigh* hang in there boyforpele... it gets better (I mean good better, not sarcastic bad better.) :D

yarnpiggy
01-08-2006, 07:34 PM
And whats wrong with boobers? Huh?? HUH????

Has anyone done these with Patons Merino? After Adam vetoed the lovely color selection I made for him, (he wants two tone grey, how dull is that) I saw that I could use my 40% off coupons at Joann's and get acceptable colors at a decent price.

I used Patons Merino on a pair I did for my mom. They turned out beautifully! Be careful though, Paton's seemed to felt a lot faster than WOTA for me.

humblestumble
01-09-2006, 07:40 PM
I'm making mine with paton's merino :)

AND I have a question... I'm done with the sole, and it says to add the main color, but it says not to turn, so does this mean that I'm joining to knit in the round? Its just the way that it's worded that confuses me. If I'm to knit in the round, it wouldve been easier for it to say "add new color and join to knit in the round. Then thing that REALLY gets me is the next part where it starts off saying to join.. :?? Help me! please :)

Ingrid
01-09-2006, 07:56 PM
This is one of those cases where they give you too much information. They're saying not to turn so you can join in the round. You've got it right.

humblestumble
01-09-2006, 08:02 PM
so, I'm joining in the new color at the end of the previous row, or at the beginning of where I'm going to be knitting next? This is where I'm confused now, because you're joining in the round, AND your joining in a new color.

In other words, am I joining in the new color to the last stitch of the last knitted row? Or am I joining the new yarn to the next stitch to my left?

Ingrid
01-09-2006, 08:06 PM
You start with the new color at the heel, and when you finish that row you'll be bring the first stitch of the heel to your left point. Then you join and start working the top.

humblestumble
01-09-2006, 08:10 PM
OHHH Okay, I think I get it now. Where I join the yarn, I wont be knitting in the round just YET, but at the end of the row, I'll join in the round to where I joined the new color? :oops: I don't know which end is the heel lol.

So, in other words I am not turning the work, but just adding in the new color to the next stitch in line. and then when I come back around to it, I'll be knitting in the round?

Ingrid
01-09-2006, 08:27 PM
Just start knitting. You'll see better when it's in your hand. When you join it, you'll know that that's your heel--that's where you place a marker.