PDA

View Full Version : Fiber Trends Clogs - The ULTIMATE RESOURCE

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

humblestumble
01-09-2006, 08:30 PM
oky doky :) :shock:

DotMom61
01-09-2006, 09:55 PM
I would do a test swatch AND felt it before you commit a double strand of noro for knitting. The color blends might not line up like you think they will and you could end up with something you don't like

You could also try noro holding together with another thinner wool yarn. Do a swatch to make sure they felt at the same rate.

you can save money too by maybe doing the soles in a solid color and saving noro for the upper part.

This is good advice because the Noro Kureyon doesn't really felt up as thick as some other yarns. However, I *did* do the base and part of the sides of a bag w/ a double strand of Kureyon, and suprisingly, the color changes lined up almost perfectly. Not quite sure how they do that. :??

kitkat
01-09-2006, 10:15 PM
Sometimes you can get the Noro to line up....but sometimes there will be random breaks and changes. I speaketh from experience......When I started my noro sweater, I was trying to match the stripes so that they would match at the side.....in one of the skeins, there was a color that simply was NOT in the next 5 skeins...I gave up LOL.

humblestumble
01-09-2006, 11:29 PM
Ok, now I'm really purturbed. I am almost done with one clog, and I followed directions up to row 33....only to find that it says

"
Row 33: Slip 1, p 33 ( 32, 33/ 37, 39) ssk,k3 (2, 3/ 2, 3)
Row 33 is the last instep shaping row for women's small. For all other sizes, turn and work the following:"

I dont understand this because, well for one, I'm knitting the women's medium. And if I'm not supposed to knit row 33, then why did they put what stitches to do for the other sizes in those parenthesis like they normally do? You'd think they'd say first "dont do this row, its for the smalls only", but they say it after the fact...I just dont get it. Am I messing up by doing row 33? Because the next step after that, if I skip row 33 is just an awkward jump.

So, this being said, have any of you experienced people just done the step anyway and had no problems? Because it does include the number of stitches for all sizes..

boyforpele13
01-09-2006, 11:35 PM
if you are making the women's small, you complete row 33, but you stop there. if you are making any other sizes, complete 33 and continue on with the extra rows. so for women's med, you would complete 33, then 34, and then the first 35 and that should bring you to your EOR marker. hope this helps!

boyforpele13
01-09-2006, 11:36 PM
if you are making the women's small, you complete row 33, but you stop there. if you are making any other sizes, complete 33 and continue on with the extra rows. so for women's med, you would complete 33, then 34, and then the first 35 and that should bring you to your EOR marker. hope this helps!

KellyK
01-09-2006, 11:36 PM
You ARE supposed to knit row 33, and stop there if you are making the small....for the other sizes, you continue with the following rows,

humblestumble
01-09-2006, 11:37 PM
OH!!! I bow to you Kelly! lol. :blush: I just misread the info.... :roflhard: I'm on a roll :happydance:

humblestumble
01-09-2006, 11:52 PM
:frog: I cant believe it! I'm nearing the end of the main color part and I counted my sts, and I'm supposed to have like 43 sts, and I counted 49! that same as what the Men's large is supposed to have! I dont know where I went wrong! And for the last two times they listed how many sts I was supposed to have on my needles, I just didnt count because the times before that, I was right on...I dont know what happened! WAH :frog:

Has this happened to anyone else?

boyforpele13
01-09-2006, 11:54 PM
this has happened to me at least 4 times, if not 5 or 6 finishing 2 clogs. <le sigh> I've frogged a few times and fudged a few times.

allegra918
01-10-2006, 01:07 AM
i've made three pair so far and out of six clogs there is one row ( i can't remember which one) that i have not done correctly once!!! but they all turned out great, go figure.... :thinking:

humblestumble
01-10-2006, 02:44 AM
I may just rip it out as far as I can until I can count the right number of stitches. I was wondering why it was looking so huge, and man was it! It was bigger than my boyfriend's 13! Of course it may still... I know u all said they were huge before felting...

Ingrid
01-10-2006, 09:00 AM
Prefelted clogs are laughably huge! I had to redo soles because I lost track, and I remember being off a stitch or two here or there, but I just fudged. But with this pattern, 6 st is more than an inch, so it might make a difference in the end.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
01-10-2006, 08:48 PM
i ALWAYS ending up ripping out at least ONE of the four soles for each pair. Stupid row 2 screws me everytime!!!!!

humblestumble
01-11-2006, 01:35 AM
ah...yea. I just got annoyed and ripped back to row number 2, just because I could count back that far. And it goes fast, so I got back up to where I was in no time! I think I messed up because I just memorized the pattern, and didnt always pay attention to the rows where it decreases on the anterior part of the foot.

So this time I counted and made sure I was right with every time that says (blahblah total sts on needle) and I'm right on!

humblestumble
01-11-2006, 02:41 AM
I'm at the cuff now, and I knit one row with the cuff color and now I'm confused. I've attached a picture of what i THOUGHT the directions were, and now I'm like WHOA...what? :?? So, I picked up the bottom loops (the last row before the cuff color, so they are blue)

Is this right? or what am I supposed to do???

boyforpele13
01-11-2006, 02:44 AM
you don't do the three-needle thing until the cuff is complete, but from the pics, it looks right. you pick up with spare needle on the inside of the slipper and when you finish the cuff you fold it inwards towards the inside of the slipper so the rows of purls are on the outside, then do the three-needle bind-off.

humblestumble
01-11-2006, 02:47 AM
oh...LOL :blush: I didnt knoticethat it said to purl rows 2-6...I thought it just said for rows 2-6: As if you had to do the 3 needle thing for the next 4 rows haha!

Thanks for helping me see that... I'll just be prepared to be confused in a little bit...

boyforpele13
01-11-2006, 02:48 AM
glad i could help! :) it is quite the fiddly little pattern!

humblestumble
01-11-2006, 03:30 AM
Hurray! I wasn't confused at all once I got there :) It's starting to look like a clog now! :happydance: I thought there would be more confusing parts in this pattern, but there's not :) I'm just a little clumsy with my reading sometimes lol.

KellyK
01-11-2006, 08:16 AM
The only other things is that you should pick up the bottom loops of the cuff color instead of the upper color.

humblestumble
01-11-2006, 04:20 PM
I did that :) :happydance: Thanks guys! I am on my second sole now...but unfortunately my back is KILLING me from a mixture of being on the comp last night and knitting, so knitting has to take a backseat today :( At least until this feels better. (And yea I'm going to get off the computer soon)

Andrea
01-11-2006, 04:21 PM
Whose piggies are those in your picture??? :D

humblestumble
01-11-2006, 07:58 PM
mine... :blush: The clog is really big compared to my foot. The clog fits from my hand to my elbow when I put it on my arm.

But my foot is as long as my forearm, so I guess that's a good sign.

KellyK
01-12-2006, 12:59 AM
You're doin JUST FINE!

I CO and knit the 1st sole & half of the upper for a friend's BDay clogs in Cascade Pastaza....Im REALLY excited to see how this felts in comparison to WOTA, 220 and Lamb's Pride!

humblestumble
01-12-2006, 02:21 AM
yeay :happydance: :happydance: Can't wait to see your beauts either, KellyK! (I drove by that tire place again with your name btw, Too bad I didnt have my camera with me again! I laugh everytime I see it.)

I haven't felted my swatch yet...is that...bad?

KellyK
01-12-2006, 08:09 AM
Not for these clogs its not bad.....you'll just KEEEEEEP washing them until they fit. :thumbsup:

carlaf
01-12-2006, 04:21 PM
I finally received my yarn. I miss calculated the amount of yarn I'd need. I flipped the amounts for sole and upper. One clog down...one more to go. Big thanks to KellyK :heart: for all your help with this pattern :D

Carla-I don't want to do homework...I want to knit!!!

KellyK
01-12-2006, 04:48 PM
THat's happened to LOTS of us, Carla..... keep us posted!

margie
01-12-2006, 11:08 PM
If I had learned how to knit when I was in school, I would have never graduated!! As it is, eating and cleaning have to take a back seat when I'm involved in a project!! ;)

humblestumble
01-13-2006, 01:21 AM
:( I dont know if I'll have enough of the contrasting color to finish the other clog!

carlaf
01-13-2006, 11:26 AM
Margie-Knitting is keeping me calm while in school otherwise I'd be :crying: It's funny now that I'm in grad school, I've learned how to knit english style(I've wanted to learn how to do it for 2 years) and I'm knitting things other than scraves. Why didn't I do this when I had a job and a lot more money to buy yarn?

humblestumble-I did the same miscalculation with my colors. Don't worry...but go ahead and order/buy more yarn.

CarlaF

humblestumble
01-14-2006, 01:57 AM
I didn't miscalculate, but I just don't have enough. I think my gauge is a little bigger than the pattern calls for or that my yarn may be a little thicker. I knew I should've bought an extra skein in the beginning - drat!

KellyK
01-15-2006, 11:41 AM
Gave my friend her Pastaza clogs last night...she LOVES them...we went to their house after dinner & I felted them. This stuff is CRAZY INSANE fuzzy! :shock: I had HANDFULS of fuzz in the pillowcase each of the three times I checked them. That said, they are also the THICKEST clogs I have ever made! And, they felted VERY quickly. A friend took pics, so as soon as they are emailed, Ill post them.

Jeep_Girl
01-15-2006, 06:58 PM
You know, I just realized after seeing the pictures of the clogs in progress that I've been doing some things backwards - my yarn is inside while I knitting, and where I pick up the cuff is on the outside versus the inside.... Not that it mattered for the end product. It might be a good idea, Kelly if you ever knit another pair to take pictures at various stages to post what yours looks like. I think that might alleviate some stress when people are attempting to work these. I know that pictures would have helped me.... still would!

humblestumble
01-20-2006, 04:04 AM
http://pages.e-yarn.com/6030/InventoryPage/1115446/1.html

Lion brand now sells the clog pattern! How weird!

NinaT
02-03-2006, 05:42 PM
Hi All!
I'm just about ready to start my clogs!! I bought Patons 100% Wool. Does anyone know if that will felt well? I can't wait! I think everyone in my family is going to have to get a pair!

Danielle
02-03-2006, 05:55 PM
Hi NinaT,
That yarn should felt really well, I believe someone here has used it for their clogs, but not sure who :?? They are so fun to knit, I made them for Christmas gifts this year. :thumbsup:

NinaT
02-03-2006, 08:51 PM
Thanks Danielle!
Can't wait to start. I'll be making something for myself for a change.

DotMom61
02-05-2006, 11:07 AM
Nina,

I think that's what I used for a pair for my DD. It felted really fast, but I was a little disappointed that some "ridges" were left behind. I've been thinking about running them through again, but DD protested. ;-) I'll have to sneak them away!

Anyway, they did felt fast even my front loader. So, I would think it would be just fine.

humblestumble
02-06-2006, 08:20 PM
I havent finished my clogs yet because of the sucky weather and me not needing them (same thing happened with my fingerless gloves - only made one) But I made them with Paton's wool. I don't know how well it felts, but I've heard things about it felting fast.

ctmax
02-10-2006, 12:53 PM
so after all this talk about clogs I just had to try them. ;) This is my first pair they have a couple of mistakes in them, but after felting you can't even tell anymore. :D

margie
02-10-2006, 01:09 PM
:cheering: They look great!!! :cheering:

mintdee
02-10-2006, 03:25 PM
You people have done it. I went out and bought the clog pattern for kids sizes. I figured that would be a good place to start. :doh:
After the KO I will start a pair. :happydance:

Everybodies clogs are simply beautiful!

Andrea
02-10-2006, 05:45 PM
Finally I finished my own pair! I had the dreaded "second clog syndrome" since December but I made myself sit down and finish the 2nd yesterday. I can't wait to wear them. They actually turned out pretty bad, I think felting them at 4 AM was a bad idea... :roflhard: The bottoms of them look awful! Oh well!

butterflymama
02-10-2006, 05:55 PM
I think they look great! I love the color combo!

Andrea
02-10-2006, 06:23 PM
Thanks! WOTA Hollyberry and Snickerdoodle is the yarn

Julie
02-10-2006, 06:30 PM
This is my latest pair...I am trying to work up the nerve to needle-felt them. :shock:

Andrea
02-10-2006, 06:33 PM
Gorgeous Julie, what yarn is that? I love the colors

Julie
02-11-2006, 12:02 AM
WOTA -- Chambray and Winter Night :D

DotMom61
02-11-2006, 01:22 AM
And, Julie, what is that lovely looking fiber in your new avatar???

Oh, and the clogs look fabulous, ladies!!! Someday, I will make some for myself. I'm waiting to see what wool I have left over after the Oregon Tote-a-thon.

Julie
02-11-2006, 01:26 AM
That's my KO yarn -- mmm...Malabrigo and Nashua Creative Focus. :D

DotMom61
02-11-2006, 01:30 AM
:thinking: Why are you still up? Wait ... why am I still up? I think I ought to go to bed so I can get up early and pick up my house just in case anybody drops by tomorrow. It's a mess in here.

NinaT
02-11-2006, 11:08 PM
I'm so disappointed! I was almost done with my clogs (worked on them all day) and now I don't have enough of the black to finish the second outer sole. I'm using the Paton's 100% wool which is 223 yds. The pattern calls for 200 yds. I was so looking forward to felting these tonight!
Of course if I have to go to the yarn store tomorrow to get more I just might see something else I have to have! :D

Ingrid
02-12-2006, 12:01 AM
I'm so, so, sorry you have to drag yourself out of the house to go to the yarn shop. :--- Really!:---

misstialouise
02-12-2006, 10:56 PM
GUESS WHO GOT THE FT CLOG PATTERN AND WOTA AS A PRESSIE????

yes.. me.. :D

GUESS WHO'S GONNA KNIT CLOGS FOR HERSELF FOR WINTER??

yes.. me.. :D

hehehehehehe

Danielle
02-13-2006, 12:36 AM
Yaayyyyyy Tia!! :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance:
Have fun! ;)

NinaT
02-13-2006, 10:42 AM
Well I finally went back and READ the pattern more carefully and I mixed up the colors :oops: ! I got two of the upper color and only one of the sole color. Well now I'll have enough to make another pair! I'm ready to felt them today. I'll post pictures.

feministmama
02-15-2006, 02:48 AM
OK so first of all I hope i'm not asking a question that was already asked. I went through about 10 or more pages and didn't see my question. So I'm making the argest size. I cast on 67 stiches, knit one row, then on row two after doing the two turns and then I ran out of stiches to finish the row. So now what do I do?

Danielle
02-15-2006, 11:06 AM
I have never made the largest size...Did you count your stitches before you started? I had a few problems with the first clog I made. I wasn't paying attention, and would either knit just the first line of row 2, and not do the 2nd line, or knit the required # of sts for the smaller sizes by accident. I'm not really much help I guess....This is a job for clog woman! KK, where are you? :oo:

KellyK
02-15-2006, 12:16 PM
Yup..Im thinking you forgot a line somewhere or something.

Sometimes it helps on that evil row 2 (and even the slightly less evil row 4 if youre making the men's large) to write out the directions in smaller increments/lines.

Unknit back to the finished row 1, try again and see what happens.

YVWB gave the best advice....count OFTEN during this pattern.

NinaT
02-15-2006, 07:48 PM
Boy you sure have to concentrate when you make these! They're not difficult but it's almost impossible to tell where you've gone wrong because you turn mid-row so many times. I made sure I counted every time the pattern gave a stitch count. I also had to tell the family I was "off-duty" because I didn't want to be disturbed. These clogs were the most fun thing I have ever knit. I felted my first pair on Monday (they are still too wet to wear) and everybody has already put in their orders for their pair!

Jazzmatazz
02-15-2006, 07:54 PM
Sometimes it helps on that evil row 2 (and even the slightly less evil row 4 if youre making the men's large) to write out the directions in smaller increments/lines.

The clog sole pattern is the one time I've really used my magnetic pattern board with the little marker magnets used to keep my place. I'd block off a reasonable part of a line, do that, then move the marker down the pattern. I'd have been lost otherwise.

I am amazed at how much I actually wear my clogs. They are really very practical.

feministmama
02-16-2006, 05:13 PM
Ok y'all I made it past yucky row 2 (after several froggins) and past equally icky row 4. Now I'm at where the pattern says to join and I'm going to add a new color. Then for the toe and instep shaping shaping it looks like more short shows. :( So I'm in the round now but making short rows rights? Then how come it says row 1 row 2 etc? How will I know when I have made a complete round? Or do you not even end up making rounds? Is it ALL just a bunch of short rows on top of each other? I'm tellin ya right now I DO NOT like this pattern. All you clog people have some kind of magic I don't have.

Ingrid
02-16-2006, 05:17 PM
You keep working short rows, even though you're on the circular needle. Eventually you get to where the last row goes all the way around.

margie
02-16-2006, 06:13 PM
I didn't like the pattern the first time I made the clogs, either. The magic comes when you are knitting the upper part and suddenly, the whole mess starts to look like a clog!! It will all make sense, I promise!! Picture the sole, starting at the toe, going back and forth knitting short rows all the way up to the part closest to your ankle. The second clog goes amazingly easier than the first, too. Hang in there!!

Julie
02-16-2006, 07:19 PM
I totally agree. I was hating life while knitting my first clog, I couldn't even fathom doing the second one. But then, it all came together...it really is a fabulous pattern once you get past the swearing-like-a-sailor stage. :thumbsup:

KellyK
02-16-2006, 08:48 PM
You ARE knitting short rows, but try not to think about it that way. You are kniting back & forth across the top of the clog, picking up and extra st on each side of the sole at the end of each row. Does that sound better? :mrgreen:

feministmama
02-16-2006, 10:14 PM
Nice try Kelly. The pattern is still the devil :devil:

feministmama
02-16-2006, 10:47 PM
Ok so I'm slipping away each stich at the begining of each short row. SO I just literally turn and start the next stich right? Do I bring the yarn forward or back or anything before I slip that firs stich or do I just slip it?

Ingrid
02-16-2006, 11:53 PM
Just turn. Your yarn will be on the correct side, so just start working it.

carlaf
02-17-2006, 01:05 AM
After a rotten sinus infection, I finally finished clog number 2 :happydance:. Now, I'm scared! I've never felted. What if my clogs shrink to the size of baby bootys :shock:

CarlaF-who me worry?

Andrea
02-17-2006, 02:00 AM
After a rotten sinus infection, I finally finished clog number 2 :happydance:. Now, I'm scared! I've never felted. What if my clogs shrink to the size of baby bootys :shock:

CarlaF-who me worry?

They shouldn't take too long, just keep checking them, you'll be fine!

Ingrid
02-17-2006, 08:45 AM
There IS a limit to how small they can get. My first ones are really a bit big, but I think I may have taken them out too soon. My second pair came out much better because I let them go longer, I think.

NinaT
02-19-2006, 05:23 AM
I used the Patons Classic Wool. I followed the directions (hot water high agitation) and it took 10 minutes to get to the right size. I love them!!

ctmax
02-20-2006, 11:50 PM
This is my second pair of clogs. These ones took a little bit longer to felt for some reason, but I like how they turned out. I'm just wondering does everyone's clogs take like 4-5 days to dry?

butterflymama
02-20-2006, 11:55 PM
Oh, I like that color combo! What yarn/colors is that?

ctmax
02-21-2006, 12:05 AM
The yarn I used was Patons classic wool. It was a dark and a light blue, but for some reason both balls of yarn say it is called new denim. :??

Ingrid
02-21-2006, 12:08 AM
They turned out wonderful! And yes, they take forever to dry.

feministmama
02-21-2006, 12:25 AM
So I'm on the cuff and I have knit the 7 purl rounds then the instructions say "from the wrong side pick stiches in the back of the loops of round 1. With wrong sides together fold the cuff so the two needles are together. with working needle knit together a stich from the front needle and stich from back needle" Does this mean pick up stiches and match them with the working stiches and do a two needle bind off?

Ingrid
02-21-2006, 12:32 AM
Yes, it's just like a three-needle bind off . (I'm assuming that that's what you meant. ;) )

feministmama
02-21-2006, 12:35 AM
Here's where I am now

allegra918
02-21-2006, 12:56 AM
I love love LOVE your colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!

humblestumble
02-21-2006, 03:42 AM
pretty!

DotMom61
02-21-2006, 01:24 PM
Femmie -- Your scarin' me with those DPNs in there! I can't imagine doing these w/ DPNS!! :shock:

But, yes, your colors are great! Can't wait to see them felted.

and CTMAX, yours look great, too!! They're felted clog perfection!! Nice job!

carlaf
02-26-2006, 09:24 PM
Okay I worked up enough nerve to felt my clogs and here they are.

This was my first project knitting continental style and I'm not going back to the throw method. I think my second clog was bigger because I was more relaxed the second time around. You can't tell that one is much bigger after felting.

Love this pattern and I will be using it again.

Carla

margie
02-26-2006, 09:28 PM
Carla, they look GREAT!! :cheering:

Ingrid
02-26-2006, 09:28 PM
Great job!! You can't really notice a difference on the felted ones, not that it matters much. Wear them proudly!

VlntFem
03-03-2006, 10:58 AM
Hello everyone-I am so happy to have found you. I am hopefully just beginning this pattern today-If my yarn comes (WOTA). I know this forum will be an invaluable resource for my endeavor. I can't wait to share pics. Thanks again!! :heart:

countingsheep
03-03-2006, 04:45 PM
Help! Before I go any further... can someone please tell me if this is right? The.. "mouth" of the clog looks too open and wide. I've looked at other photos and can't tell if theirs were like this too!

KellyK.... since you've done about a gazillion of these and are the resident expert... is the mouth supposed to be pretty wide open?

Any and all advice is welcomed and appreciated! Oh, and don't even start about the color! My DD wanted that green. :?eyebrow: Yeah, she's 13.

Thanks bunches! Ang

Jazzmatazz
03-03-2006, 04:48 PM
I love that color. And I'm not anywhere near 13...

Felting helps with the openness, but my clogs are still pretty wide. When I make my next winter's pair, I'm going to try to knit them a little narrower.

countingsheep
03-03-2006, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the prompt reply!!! I guess I'll just have to felt and hope for the best. Yours were pretty "open" too? I guess I need to search through this and see where someone tells how you "close the mouth" a bit! :rofling:

Thanks! Ang

PS - you like the color? :shock: It's REALLY green! My DH calls it "toxic waste green". I'll let Savannah know that an adult approves of her choice - she'll think you are totally cool!

feministmama
03-03-2006, 06:32 PM
DONE!!!! I frogged these more than anything I have ever knitted. I do not want to make these again. I know y'all love them but for me it was a huge pita. Maybe I'll change my mind after I was them but for now I am so relieved. OK here we go to the washing machine.....

Ingrid
03-03-2006, 07:12 PM
I'm always surprised how big they are. I've made two pair, but it's still a hoot to see the before pictures.

Vendie
03-03-2006, 07:23 PM
my dh lovingly refers to them as clown shoes before clogs get felted...particularly the ones I made for his big feet. :rollseyes:

countingsheep
03-03-2006, 08:22 PM
OK, Femi... those are super cool! Your color combo is fantastic!! I know what you mean about the whole PITA thing as I am working on my very first pair now. There I am counting along and some comedian will start "helping"! :wall:
me: 1,2,3,4,
some kid: 73, 88, zebra, 21, 2

Oh, come on!!!! That's just wrong! :frog: Row #2 has gotten me every time.

Keep us posted on the felting! They sure look pretty!

Ang

VickiIL
03-03-2006, 08:50 PM
Finally I finished my own pair! I had the dreaded "second clog syndrome" since December but I made myself sit down and finish the 2nd yesterday. I can't wait to wear them. They actually turned out pretty bad, I think felting them at 4 AM was a bad idea... :roflhard: The bottoms of them look awful! Oh well!

I haven't checked this thread in a while...So I am a bit behind but I just had to comment on your color choice. They are fabulous!!!

I especially like them since I have the identical clogs on my feet as I type this. WOTA hollyberry and snickerdoodle?

Ingrid
03-03-2006, 09:04 PM
Hello everyone-I am so happy to have found you. I am hopefully just beginning this pattern today-If my yarn comes (WOTA). I know this forum will be an invaluable resource for my endeavor. I can't wait to share pics. Thanks again!! :heart:

Welcome! I just spotted your intro--enjoy making the clogs!

Andrea
03-03-2006, 09:47 PM
I especially like them since I have the identical clogs on my feet as I type this. WOTA hollyberry and snickerdoodle?

Yes it is! :cheering:

Femmy, I love the colors of yours! And Ang, I love the toxic green too (but I'll always be a kid at heart--I love that kind of stuff!) And those cuffs look perfect, they'll shrink a little when you felt them

feministmama
03-04-2006, 01:31 AM
Thanks Andrea. The woman at my LYS steered me toward this debbie bliss colors. I do like the colors but I have been trying to felt these things ALL DAY and they're still too big. They're shrinking but at such a small level I'm thinking of just tossing them in the dryer. :thinking:

countingsheep
03-06-2006, 01:14 AM
:wall: It's WRONG! Just plain wrong!

I messed up attaching the second sole on the second clog and now... they don't match. :crying: I am not happy.

The only good thing is... they are for my DD who will love that they don't match - one is for her left foot, the other for her right! She will get a big kick out of it and I'll tell her I did it that way because I know that she get's a little confused - she's only 13 you know! ;)

Now... for future reference can someone please tell me how the heck I did this? I thought that I did them the same exact way - it felt the same - but obviously my brain went on a momentary vacation and things got all wonky. Anyone know how I did this? I'd love the input because I had hoped to do more of these but... no way can I get away with the "did it on purpose" thing with everyone!

Thanks for any advice, Angela

will post photos of the "toxic waste" clogs in the AM

margie
03-06-2006, 08:44 AM
How are they different? Did you do a bumper on one clog, and not the other, maybe?

countingsheep
03-06-2006, 09:44 AM
Somehow I did the bumper upside down on one. :crying: The pretty little braided row faces up on one clog and down on the other. I swear to you, I don't know how I did this unless... it was in the 3-needle bind off? Maybe I put the working needle and extra needle in different positions?

I don't know but... they look different. If you can figure it out, let me know. Here's a photo but it's hard to see - gotta look at the bottom edge.

Ang

AmandaC
03-06-2006, 10:44 AM
Yay! I've found a UK website that sells this pattern ... now I can have a go too :cheering:

Those pre-felted clogs make me laugh :roflhard: they are sooooooo huge I can't believe they will ever get small. I can't wait to try.

countingsheep
03-06-2006, 10:50 AM
Amanda, everyone here is right - TRUST THE PATTERN! I swear, I could not see how it was going to work but... :shock: it does! Have fun and keep us posted on your progress!

KellyK answered my question about the non-matching bumper. NOOOOW I get it! :doh: This is such an amazing resource when doing these clogs. It's a lot to read through but some really great information and all the photos are comforting!

I'm going to felt later when I have access to the kid's feet. I'll let you know how that works out.

Angela

knitknut
03-06-2006, 03:19 PM
Just had to knit up a pair of "Slytherin House" Clogs for my DD. Seems like she has everything else!! ;)

countingsheep
03-06-2006, 05:03 PM
Ooooh! Those are so awesome! :inlove: I love the stripes and color changes! Awesome job!

Boy, I hope mine turn out OK. :oops:

Angela

Jazzmatazz
03-06-2006, 07:15 PM
Now those are something different! I love the stripe!

VlntFem
03-06-2006, 08:48 PM
So, I am just finishing up my first clog and my question is about tacking the two soles together. How do I go about doing this? Also wondering...Does anyone else's "bumper" look a little bumpier than you wanted it to before felting? Mine seems to be a bit wonky. Will felting fix this? Oh, yeah one more thing...I have been reading the thread and I noticed that if you are making these for a man with size 12, everyone recommends using the size 11 instructions-I used size 13--will it matter? Can I just keep washing them?

Sorry for the barrage!
:??

countingsheep
03-06-2006, 11:02 PM
:notworthy: I vow to always... "TRUST THE PATTERN"!!!

It worked! :happydance: These are Savannah's Toxic Waste Green Felted Clogs! She's very upset that they are still wet but... she shall have to get over it! They are, however, just the size that she wanted as we worked together on the felting.

I'm so happy!

Angela

Ingrid
03-06-2006, 11:04 PM
:cheering: :cheering: Fantastic!!

Andrea
03-07-2006, 12:21 AM
Knitknut and Ang---they look WONDERFUL!! And Knit, I'm liking the stripes!! What a great idea!

I gotta get me some of that toxic green...they would look fun with some other crazy color like a hot pink or something :thinking: I :heart: clogs! As soon as I come home from work they are on my feet. The only time I take them off at home is when I sleep or shower!!

margie
03-07-2006, 08:57 AM
So, I am just finishing up my first clog and my question is about tacking the two soles together. How do I go about doing this? Also wondering...Does anyone else's "bumper" look a little bumpier than you wanted it to before felting? Mine seems to be a bit wonky. Will felting fix this? Oh, yeah one more thing...I have been reading the thread and I noticed that if you are making these for a man with size 12, everyone recommends using the size 11 instructions-I used size 13--will it matter? Can I just keep washing them?

Sorry for the barrage!
:??

When I tacked the two soles together, I used one length of yarn, and just backstitched down the length of the sole, using very loose stitches. Just sew right through both soles.
I have found that felting covers almost everything- chances are your bumper will look fine once it is felted. Also, you should be fine with the men's size 13- you might just have to felt it a bit longer. :D

countingsheep
03-07-2006, 09:31 AM
I may not be the best person to answer questions about these but... having just finished felting last night - felting hides alot of wonky stuff! My bumpers looked wonky and were, in fact, not matching. They look fine now that they're felted. And the stitching? Yeah... what she said! You can't tell what you did or how you sewed them up once they are felted.

And if you haven't felted before... it does take a while when you've got to bring the size waaaaay down. It works but be patient!

Keep us posted! Angela

feministmama
03-07-2006, 09:58 AM
I asked my roomate last night if he had any jeans to wash. I can only wash my jeans so many times before *THEY* start to shrink instead of the clogs :rollseyes: So anyway, he says what for and I say so I can felt these clogs and I show him and he is SO AMAZED. He tried on his feet (Even bigger than mine) and they aaaaalmost fit him but still too big. But he just did a load of wash when I was at work so I missed it. Oh well, he'll get all dirty by this weekend and I'll have lots to wash (He works ina pub) and I'll try again then. I just hope he doesn' ske me to make him a pair.

VlntFem
03-07-2006, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the help Margie! Now, when I tack them together, do I just kind of skim stitches from the inside layer or do I actually go inside of the clog part?

countingsheep
03-07-2006, 03:12 PM
:thinking: Um... I have a question because I've been thinking - a dangerous thing, I know.

Do you think that when I knit my next pair of these I can make both clogs first and then make and attach the second soles? Before anyone jumps in with "trust the pattern" - I DO! Honest! It's me that I don't trust. :oops: I thought if I did both clogs and then did the second soles one at a time, right after each other... I wouldn't mess up again.

It sounds stupid now that I look at what I've written but... :oops: I forget how I attached the previous sole and then can't understand what I intended in my notes and end up doing it backwards. Anyway... I was just wondering.

Angela

humblestumble
03-09-2006, 03:59 AM
Sorry countingsheep, I dont know ...I'd say go for it, but what do I know? lol. I have yet to finish mine.

which is what I was going to ask...

do you all think I should finish mine even though winter is OVER? lol. It may not be over in other places, but I just wore flip flops for the first time, and now I know there's no going back to our "cold fronts". we didnt have a winter this year. Bah.

Keep in mind, I only got near finished with ONE.

countingsheep
03-10-2006, 10:39 AM
:shock: OK, it would drive me crazy to have only one clog finished. I mean... I would see it at odd moments and feel guilty or something. I, personally, would have to at least knit both clogs even if I didn't felt them.

I actually did another pair and did what I mentioned - did both clogs then added the second soles at the end. It worked out fine but... my clogs are furry! :shock: I used a wool/alpaca blend and didn't think about the fur factor - I just liked the colors. :oops:

Here's photos of the furry clogs! Oh, and the colors look off in these photos! The green is more of an olive color and the red is a red wine color - a lot more 'earthy' than they look!

Ang

margie
03-10-2006, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the help Margie! Now, when I tack them together, do I just kind of skim stitches from the inside layer or do I actually go inside of the clog part?

I just went right through the whole sole, and tacked them together that way. The only time I skimmed the inside was when I used two different colors for the 1st and 2nd soles.

margie
03-10-2006, 11:50 AM
:shock: OK, it would drive me crazy to have only one clog finished. I mean... I would see it at odd moments and feel guilty or something. I, personally, would have to at least knit both clogs even if I didn't felt them.

I actually did another pair and did what I mentioned - did both clogs then added the second soles at the end. It worked out fine but... my clogs are furry! :shock: I used a wool/alpaca blend and didn't think about the fur factor - I just liked the colors. :oops:

Here's photos of the furry clogs! Oh, and the colors look off in these photos! The green is more of an olive color and the red is a red wine color - a lot more 'earthy' than they look!

Ang

Ang, I LOVE your furry clogs! They look so warm and cozy! :thumbsup:

feministmama
03-10-2006, 12:26 PM
THEY WON'T SHRINK WWWWWAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-10-2006, 01:57 PM
how many times have you washed them femmy??? KK's first pair took 13 cycles, I think....

Julie
03-13-2006, 01:21 PM
My first pair took 3 1/2 hours to felt... :rollseyes: :rollseyes: :rollseyes: (I didn't felt a swatch...learned my lesson there)

In other news....

I was sooo afraid to do this, because I didn't want to screw these up. Seriously, the felted clogs have been sitting on my shelf for weeks. Today I finally got up the nerve....and finished them just in time to mail them to NC! (Hope they will make it there by Thursday) :mrgreen:

Danielle
03-13-2006, 05:11 PM
Very cool Julie!! :thumbsup: Who's the lucky recipient?

butterflymama
03-13-2006, 05:19 PM
Those look awesome! :cheering:

Julie
03-13-2006, 05:21 PM
Thanks...they are for a friend who is a HUGE Tarheels fan. (actually, for her daughter, who at 2 already knows how to say "Duke is puke!") :D

VlntFem
03-13-2006, 08:46 PM
So, I finally finished my first pair of felted clogs!! Thanks to everyone who helped me through this pattern. I already have a request from my boyfriend for another pair. I will keep you updated!

http://knitter.neophorm.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/03/Light-Peanut-Clogs.jpg

Check out other photos of my clogs on my blog-http://knitter.neophorm.com/?p=8

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-13-2006, 09:08 PM
WOW!!! everyone's clogs look FABULOUS!!!

butterflymama
03-13-2006, 10:34 PM
So, I finally finished my first pair of felted clogs!! Thanks to everyone who helped me through this pattern. I already have a request from my boyfriend for another pair. I will keep you updated!

Check out other photos of my clogs on my blog-http://knitter.neophorm.com/?p=8

What colors are those? I love em! :thumbsup:

VlntFem
03-14-2006, 12:42 AM
Mama-

I used Knitpicks Wool of the Andes in Hyacinth and Snickerdoodle. I was a little upset when the Hyacinth arrived because I thought it was going to be navy. It is however, a royal purple. Once it felted though, it turned very dark and I am pleasantly surprised! :happydance:

Andrea
03-14-2006, 04:38 AM
Mama-

I used Knitpicks Wool of the Andes in Hyacinth and Snickerdoodle. I was a little upset when the Hyacinth arrived because I thought it was going to be navy. It is however, a royal purple. Once it felted though, it turned very dark and I am pleasantly surprised! :happydance:
Looks great!!! And the kitty is also GORGEOUS!!

Julie, yours look great too, I'm glad you decided to take the plunge and do it!

AmandaC
03-17-2006, 10:42 AM
Okay - I am still trying to get the pattern for these :( Anyway, I notice they do children's sizes too. Is it worth getting the Children's pattern as well as the adults or do you think it would be easy enough to downsize myself ??? :??

Julie
03-17-2006, 10:46 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: Amanda, once you see the pattern you can answer that question for yourself!

(There is no way I would ever dream of attempting to resize this pattern myself. And I like math.) :rofling:

AmandaC
03-17-2006, 10:50 AM
Okie dokie then! If i have to spend a fortune getting it shipped to the UK then I may as well get two patterns instead of one - shouldn't add too much to the postage I hope.

:thumbsup: Thanks Julie .... glad I made you laugh :D

DotMom61
03-17-2006, 11:13 AM
OK ... every time I come to check this thread I get all twitchy 'cause I want to make clogs SOOOO bad!!!! I just can't seem to find the time to work them into my list. ARGH!!!! I even have some WOTA hanging around here doin' nuthin.

Must ... go ... away ... from ... this thread ....

Andrea
03-17-2006, 11:17 AM
You've never made them, Julie??? Well, I think you need to add them to your list. In fact, why don't you start them TOMORROW!! :cheering: :happydance:

Julie
03-17-2006, 12:02 PM
Yes, Julie, knit clogs at Fringe -- it will be an exercise in concentration! :mrgreen: :roflhard:

And Amanda...I looked it up, and the Global Prority flat-rate envelope rate to the UK is $5.25US...if it looks like shipping is going to be a lot more than that for you ordering from a shop, LMK and we can work something out. I'd be more than happy to get them and mail them to you if it would be cheaper for you that way. :D

DotMom61
03-17-2006, 12:32 PM
Actually, I've made ONE pair for DD. They felted in like one or two washings, and they just didn't turn out as nicely as I had hoped. I made them w/ Patons wool. I have a feeling I didn't felt them enough, because they now look like they need to be felted again. I was afraid of them getting too small. Obviously, I used the wrong size for her little tootsies.

As for knitting them at Fringe? HA! I'll probably bring Einstein.

AmandaC
03-17-2006, 12:51 PM
:cheering: I'VE BOUGHT THE PATTERN!!!!!! :cheering:

I went to http://www.mielkesfiberarts.com

and bought both patterns - the shipping and handling is $3.00 so in total it is $12.50 ... I paid by paypal and it worked out £7.50 ish :cheering:

I will just wait for US mail to do it's stuff ... so maybe I can start these next :thinking: month???? ;)

I am very spoilt in the UK - nearly everything I order or buy is next day delivery - at worst - 2 days so this waiting for a week lark is going to be hard :(

Gives me a chance to get some feltable wool tho.

Will post again when I start.

Andrea
03-17-2006, 03:24 PM
:cheering: :cheering:

sfavereau
03-17-2006, 05:26 PM
Actually, I've made ONE pair for DD. They felted in like one or two washings, and they just didn't turn out as nicely as I had hoped. I made them w/ Patons wool. I have a feeling I didn't felt them enough, because they now look like they need to be felted again. I was afraid of them getting too small. Obviously, I used the wrong size for her little tootsies. .

I've made two pairs and I've actually found that I really like the one pair I made in an enormous size better than the one I made smaller. DH wears size 10 mens and I made the men's medium for him (fits up to size 11 mens). I wear a size 8 womens and I made womens medium (fits up to size 8 womens). His clogs required about double the felting time, but look and feel much nicer. They hold their shape very well and he wears them everyday. I love mine, but next time I'll be making myself a large so that I can felt mine down more. :XX:

feministmama
03-18-2006, 02:16 AM
I've made two pairs and I've actually found that I really like the one pair I made in an enormous size better than the one I made smaller. DH wears size 10 mens and I made the men's medium for him (fits up to size 11 mens). I wear a size 8 womens and I made womens medium (fits up to size 8 womens). His clogs required about double the felting time, but look and feel much nicer. They hold their shape very well and he wears them everyday. I love mine, but next time I'll be making myself a large so that I can felt mine down more. :XX:

I think I shoulda made the mens medium. I made the biggest size and they are just TOOO big. I felted the bajeebies out of them (even put them in the dryer) and they are not getting any samller. Oh well, ya live and learn.

NinaT
03-20-2006, 05:20 PM
Hi!
I just felted a child's size pair of clogs that I made using Paton's. I used some Fun Fur in the cuff (these are for my almost 9 year old). The foot part felted just fine but the cuff didn't felt. I think the Fun Fur is keeping it from felting well. Is there a way to "spot" felt just the cuff? I don't want to put them back in the washer or they'll get too small.

margie
03-21-2006, 11:02 AM
:thinking: Hmmmm, Nina-

I have made clogs with fun fur in the cuff also, but I didn't have a problem with the cuff felting. I'm not sure if you can "spot felt" the cuffs. Amy had asked the same question a while back, when she made her own clogs. Kelly's advice was to go ahead and felt the clogs some more, and then just re-block and stretch out the uppers, since they are pretty forgiving when wet. Hope this helps!!

NinaT
03-21-2006, 02:01 PM
Thanks Margie!
I will try to felt them again... Let's see what happens...

cindyln
03-27-2006, 02:47 PM
you guys hooked me!! I read thru this whole topic last night and ordered the pattern. I am hooked on felting. I have done more bags than I will ever need so can't wait to start the clogs. Stand by to answer questions please

NinaT
03-30-2006, 07:35 AM
I gave these to my DD on her 9th birthday. She loved them!!

margie
03-30-2006, 09:30 AM
Nina, those clogs are FABULOUS!! I'm sure your daughter was thrilled!! :cheering:

boyforpele13
03-30-2006, 02:43 PM
Well, I stlil have never finished the disaster that was my first attempt at these clogs, but one of my dear knitster friends just could not work this pattern and asked for my help. First I wound up doing the sole, then the entire things, and here they are!

http://mysite.verizon.net/boyforpele/Music/clogs2.JPG

http://mysite.verizon.net/boyforpele/Music/clogs3.JPG

I didn't pick out the yarn and they are 2 different ones, so hopefully they felt well together. Cascade for the soles and the upper is this Rio de la Plata, which was SUCH a joy to work with. I'm sad I'm done. I love that stuff. this pair went absolutely seamlessly, no wrong counts, no nothing, it was like magical. another couple pairs and i'll be whipping them out in an hour like the rest of you. ;)

p.s. how come my decreases are so prominent compared to the others? did i do something wrong? (please say no.) ;)

margie
03-30-2006, 03:52 PM
They look GREAT!! I love the colors!! I think your decreases look fine. Are you going to be felting them, or will your friend do that? I'd be curious to see how they look felted. That yarn is YUMMY! It reminds me of sherbet.

boyforpele13
03-30-2006, 03:53 PM
i have to wait for her to felt, but i will be begging for pictures. the yarn is just so cheery and soft, i just loved it myself!

NinaT
03-30-2006, 07:53 PM
I love that variegated yarn! I really want to get some for my next pair. I'm getting bored with solids. The clogs are fabulous!

horve1
04-02-2006, 10:17 AM
This is a contagious thread. I caught the clog fever a week or two ago from looking at everyone's beautiful work, finally bought the yarn yesterday, and should be getting on needles at work tomorrow. I'm jazzed!

margie
04-02-2006, 12:49 PM
Oooooo, clog fever!! It is very contagious!! :cheering:

AmandaC
04-03-2006, 03:45 AM
:cheering: I started my first pair last night ... I finished the sole ... but I'm confused how this long thin bit could possibly be the sole ... I guess I will 'trust the pattern' and it will work out fine :lol:

I'm doing these as light relief from doing Starsky so I don't know when they will be finished as I will be swapping between the two.

margie
04-03-2006, 11:04 AM
Yes, trust the pattern! This pattern is amazing- you'll be knitting away, thinking that there is no possible way that what you are seeing could ever turn into a clog, and then all of a sudden, there it is!

horve1
04-04-2006, 01:01 PM
Me, too. Just finished the first sole, thinking exactly the same thing. "Trust the pattern" is my mantra for the day, I guess. :XX:

boyforpele13
04-04-2006, 10:18 PM
:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

CLOG DEVASTATION!!!!! FELTING NIGHTMARE! HELP MEEEEEEEE

ok, well. i won't have pictures of the pretty pink clogs felted until thursday or so, but in the interim, i finished clogs for my mom. I used Bartlett Wools for both colors, so in other words, same yarn. I aced this pair, as I did my last, with no mistakes until the outer sole on the second clog, I was off a stitch, fixed by a k2tog easily. Other than that, no problems whatsoever. Here is the pre-felted version:

http://mysite.verizon.net/boyforpele/Music/prefelt1.jpg

http://mysite.verizon.net/boyforpele/Music/prefelt2.jpg

Don't they look fine? I was happy.

Now, here is the felted version. Mind you, this is after THREE washings, hot wash, cold rinse. After the third, in a panic, I threw them in a hot dryer for about 6 minutes. Still dismayed, I washed them AGAIN, hot/cold, and then hot dryer for another 15 minutes. All of this was with a pair of jeans soap, I did everything right, dang it!!!!

http://mysite.verizon.net/boyforpele/Music/felt1.jpg

http://mysite.verizon.net/boyforpele/Music/felt2.jpg

as you can see, there was definitely some successful felting action. HOWEVER, they are too big on ME. I followed the pattern for a women's 10 and I wear an 11 in men's. They don't come even close to fitting me. The cuff opening is especially huge, as well as the inside of the foot. The whole things are just huge. As you can tell from the pics, there is still some distinct stitch definition, which i didn't think was possible after 4 washings and 2 dryings, but does that mean there is still hope for these clogs? What can I do?! Please help me clog queens!

Ingrid
04-04-2006, 10:20 PM
If there is still room for them to felt, they will. More time in the hot wash, low water, more jeans, lots of agitation. Don't give up, they're getting there!!

boyforpele13
04-04-2006, 10:26 PM
i really didn't think it posible for felting to take so long!!! i thought these were done for. thanks for the encouraging words, as always, Ingrid. I am just going to present them to mom like they are (she's going to hate them anyway) and use her washer since I did all this at the stupid laundromat. i'll keep plugging, though. thank you again!!!!

margie
04-04-2006, 10:35 PM
Maybe the water at the laundromat isn't hot enough?? You know, maybe they don't crank up the temp as much so they can save money..........just a thought. The clogs really look lovely, big and all. I hope they are successful in the end, and that your mom appreciates the hard work- and the mint you must have spent at the laundromat!!!

Ingrid
04-04-2006, 10:40 PM
Laudromats may not be the best for this because of the water temp as Margie, said and because you can't really drain and restart in more hot water and avoid rinsing them between.

Don't be so sure you mom won't like them. I wasn't going to make myself a pair because I didn't think I'd wear them. I never take them off!

boyforpele13
04-04-2006, 11:24 PM
well, i started 3 washers (brought clothes too) and each of them were STEAMY hot like almost hurt to touch the water and they stayed that way for all four washings. I did remove them and drain, and start a new washer each time before the rinse cycle was over. I really was careful and I thought I had done everything right. :( Maybe it's just the Bartlett?

Ingrid
04-04-2006, 11:31 PM
A while back I remember Kelly saying that one of her clog pairs took about 10 trips through the washer--a different kind of yarn than the WOTA. So there's still hope.

Julie
04-05-2006, 12:57 AM
My first pair took something like 3 1/2 hours to felt....

Marni
04-06-2006, 04:38 AM
Well, I've jumped in so to speak! After figuring out the W&T thing I'm cruising along ~sort of.

:?? :thinking: Question(s) though:

1. Since starting the first sole I read ahead and see that to make the bumper I'll knit the same thing as the inner sole then attach it, right? Sooooo, I'm thinking of making the inside a different color than the outside so after I get done knitting my first sole can I just keep it and use it as the outer sole? (since it's black I'd rather it be the outside color and bumper color) My yardage per color is a little bit limited so I'm trying to make this work out right.

2. Will the inner sole color show on the outside when it's all put together? I can't quite picture the assembly in my mind since there are many techniques/stitches I have never done.

3. I know there was at least one person that used an eyelash type yarn held together for the cuff. Surely it didn't felt the same (my sample swatch didn't anyway). How did you take that into consideration when knitting the cuff?

Ingrid
04-06-2006, 07:54 AM
I made different colored inner and outer soles and they look fine. The only thing to consider, and it's not a big deal, is when you tack them together. I used the inner color and just made sure not to go all the way through the bottom.

I'm pretty sure you can just set aside the sole you've made for use later.

I think when you add eyelash, you use a strand of wool with it, so when that felts it holds it in place.

margie
04-06-2006, 09:29 AM
I used different colors for my inner and outer sole-

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2571&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=810

I also used fun fur in the cuff for a few pairs-

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2571&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=975

All you do for the fun fur is hold one or two strands of it along with your wool. When you felt, the wool felts but the fun fur doesn't, and so it stays "furry".

boyforpele13
04-06-2006, 10:16 PM
ok, got felted pics of the pink ones

since my camera stinks, i'm reposting this first one just for a better idea of the color

http://mysite.verizon.net/boyforpele/Music/clogs2.JPG

and here they are felted. I'm so happy!!!! A pair without trouble FINALLY. :)

http://mysite.verizon.net/boyforpele/Music/beth1.jpg

http://mysite.verizon.net/boyforpele/Music/beth2.jpg

AND as a side note, she presented me with this tonight

http://www.sweetheartgallery.com/Images/sb_13_15_13_lrg.jpg (the middle one) as a thank you gift for making them for her, which she SO didn't have to do because i LOVED making them for her!!!! we were both talking about wanting mezuza for our door and she surprised me with it. :) just had to share because it's gorgeous and i love it. :D

Ingrid
04-06-2006, 10:21 PM
Those are great!! Congratulations!

Is there any significance to the designs on the mezuza? I grew up in the Bronx, so I'm familiar with them, but never saw any pretty ones. ;)

boyforpele13
04-06-2006, 10:42 PM
to my knowledge, ingrid, the only significant part on that one in particular is the one at the top, the Hebrew letter Shin. I recognized the Shin from my Bar Mitzvah training, but had to look up the significance on the mezuzah. I'm just going to copy and paste what I found because I would not do a better job explaining:

On the doorposts of traditional Jewish homes (and many not-so-traditional homes!), you will find a small case like the one pictured at left. This case is commonly known as a mezuzah (Heb.: doorpost), because it is placed upon the doorposts of the house. The mezuzah is not, as some suppose, a good-luck charm, nor does it have any connection with the lamb's blood placed on the doorposts in Egypt. Rather, it is a constant reminder of G-d's presence and G-d's mitzvot.

The mitzvah to place mezuzot on the doorposts of our houses is derived from Deut. 6:4-9, a passage commonly known as the Shema (Hear, from the first word of the passage). In that passage, G-d commands us to keep His words constantly in our minds and in our hearts, by (among other things) writing them on the doorposts of our house. The words of the Shema are written on a tiny scroll of parchment, along with the words of a companion passage, Deut. 11:13-21. On the back of the scroll, a name of G-d is written. The scroll is then rolled up placed in the case, so that the first letter of the Name (the letter Shin) is visible (or, more commonly, the letter Shin is written on the outside of the case).

there's a little bit more if you're interested: http://www.jewfaq.org/signs.htm

Thanks for asking! :) I'm glad I got to read more about it. I only knew how to hang it and what to do upon entering, and now I know the full story. :)

boyforpele13
04-06-2006, 10:54 PM
p.s. i know the bronx is a melting pot, but just in case, "mitzvah" literally translates to "divine commandment" but also loosely translates to "good deed". in this case, the definition is more the former. :)

Ingrid
04-06-2006, 11:12 PM
Thanks! Many people in my building had them, and would touch and kiss as they entered. I knew some of the background but hadn't thought of them in years! Brought back some clear memories.

margie
04-07-2006, 08:04 AM
The clogs turned out great, and the mezuza is beautiful. What a thoughtful gift!!

NinaT
04-07-2006, 02:11 PM
Has anyone tried using two different colored strands of yarn. I was thinking maybe Hyacinth and Cherry Blosson WOTA? I'm getting tired of all my clogs being solid colored!

Ingrid
04-07-2006, 04:39 PM
I did my second pair with mixed yarns and they came out great. Here's (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/clogs_683.jpg) a picture.

NinaT
04-07-2006, 04:53 PM
Thanks Ingrid. That's exactly what I wanted! I love yours (I'm a huge blue/yellow fan).

KathD
04-07-2006, 05:02 PM
Boyforpele,

I made two pairs of clogs, using some Cascade that was in my stash.
It took forever to felt. I totally lost track of time, but it was hours and over
several days. One thing I tried which I think helped was plunge them in cold water (in my sink) and then return them to the hot water wash. (Think I read that on Knitty) I kept at it because I could notice slight changes over time.
Good luck! :??

feministmama
04-07-2006, 07:29 PM
Now, here is the felted version. Mind you, this is after THREE washings, hot wash, cold rinse. After the third, in a panic, I threw them in a hot dryer for about 6 minutes. Still dismayed, I washed them AGAIN, hot/cold, and then hot dryer for another 15 minutes. All of this was with a pair of jeans soap, I did everything right, dang it!!!!

as you can see, there was definitely some successful felting action. HOWEVER, they are too big on ME. I followed the pattern for a women's 10 and I wear an 11 in men's. They don't come even close to fitting me. The cuff opening is especially huge, as well as the inside of the foot. The whole things are just huge. As you can tell from the pics, there is still some distinct stitch definition, which i didn't think was possible after 4 washings and 2 dryings, but does that mean there is still hope for these clogs? What can I do?! Please help me clog queens!

THis happened to me too. I used Debbie Bliss. I made the largest size thinking I needed it cuz I gots big feet (Size 9 1/2 mens 11or 12 womens) and they were still too big. I felted thos dam things maybe 10 times too. I turned the cold water spigot off so it only used hot water for every cycle. THen I followed others advice by using lower water lever, more jeans and a little soap. I also threw mine in the dryer a few times too. Oh sure they felt up all nice and purdy but they didn't shrink enuf. It's the shrinking that's the problem. Not the felting. I think if I actually dare to make these again, I will use the next size down and WOTA.

ctmax
04-07-2006, 11:51 PM
I don't know if this is any help, but I've heard if you add a little baking soda it helps it felt as well. I have never tried this myself though.

HollyP
04-08-2006, 10:35 AM
Hi cloggers :waving: ! I have finally read the entiiiiiiiire thread and am so excited to get started. It has been so much fun reading this thread!! I definitely caught the clog fever! The only cure is to knit some clogs! I have the pattern which I have been "studying" every night. I am just waiting for my yarn. I'm going to be using WOTA rain and stream.

I know it is the wrong season to start making clogs but I figured my feet won't be a different size in the winter ( at least I hope not! lol ) and if mine turn out I will be ahead of the game for my Christmas knitting. :happydance:

Holly

NinaT
04-08-2006, 10:53 AM
Welcome Holly!
Beware--these things are addictive! They are so much fun to make and they look so incredibly cool! Also, be prepared for anyone who sees them to want a pair.

feministmama
04-08-2006, 02:16 PM
Hi cloggers :waving: ! I have finally read the entiiiiiiiire thread and am so excited to get started. It has been so much fun reading this thread!! I definitely caught the clog fever!

All 129 pages!! Na-uh.

horve1
04-08-2006, 09:36 PM
:D I just finished running my clogs through their second complete washer process (hot water, cold rinse). To my joy/amazement/relief they are very close to my size now. (If I was trying on shoes and I wear an 8, they'd feel like about a 9.) There's still a little (very little) stitch definition. What's the best way to get them the rest of the way?
Thanks! This has been so much fun.

horve1
04-09-2006, 04:27 PM
Well, I took a chance and ran them through once more and they fit perfectly! I'm pretty happy with them, except I can't felt them enough to make the stitches completely disappear or they'll be too small.

AmandaC
04-10-2006, 08:02 AM
I have finished my first clog !!

I am going to crack on with the next one because I have a pair of jeans all ready to be washed! I did make a little error - I knit an extra round on the bumper by mistake - I forgot to cast off I figured that as long as I did this on the second one too it wouldn't be a problem.

On we go ....

feministmama
04-10-2006, 12:17 PM
:D I just finished running my clogs through their second complete washer process (hot water, cold rinse). To my joy/amazement/relief they are very close to my size now. (If I was trying on shoes and I wear an 8, they'd feel like about a 9.) There's still a little (very little) stitch definition. What's the best way to get them the rest of the way?
Thanks! This has been so much fun.

I think washing them in super hot water than immediatly dunking them in cold water will really felt them up.

horve1
04-10-2006, 02:41 PM
[I think washing them in super hot water than immediatly dunking them in cold water will really felt them up.

Thanks you! I'll give it a try!

HollyP
04-10-2006, 03:11 PM
All 129 pages!! Na-uh.
I swear on my stash(which isn't especially big but has some nice stuff in it!) I did!! I was really supposed to be researching for a paper when I read most of it. :lol:
Got my yarn this morning :happydance: Now I just need a few hours that I am not doing anything to get started, I am so busy right now with school and work. I can't wait for the weekend!

knitknut
04-10-2006, 03:18 PM
:waving: Welcome HollyP!! Sorry, but there is no cure for clog fever. You just have to keep making more. Even though we have already had temperatures in the 90's, I still can't wait to kick my shoes off as soon as I get home and put mine on.

I made a pair for my DD that are Rain and Stream. Pretty. You'll like the combo, I'm sure. I don't think I posted pics of that pair, so let me know if you want to see them. :happydance:

Marni
04-10-2006, 11:17 PM
Gulp! :?? Ok, I've never picked up stitches before. I'm at the point where I'm going to make the cuff roll. I'm getting really confused now. "From inside the slipper (WS) pick up the back loops of round 1 of cuff."

Since I'm looking at round 1 of the cuff from the inside I'm seeing a purl stitches, right? Ok, the BIG question is.... What's a back loop? Guess I should know what the heck it is if I'm gonna pick it up. :doh: :rollseyes:

Next is to figure out the 3 needle bind off. :shock:

AmandaC
04-11-2006, 08:30 AM
Ta Da ....

feministmama
04-11-2006, 09:56 AM
Those are so fabulous :inlove: :inlove: See now yours aren't too big. Mine were hugungous! Next time I'll make them only a little bit bigger.

Andrea
04-11-2006, 02:55 PM
:inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
Beautiful, Amanda!!!!

HollyP
04-14-2006, 11:50 AM
Those are beautiful Amanda! What yarn did you use?

Update on my progress despite everything else I have to do this week I started last night. I :heart: love :heart: this pattern!! It is a really fast knit and everyone who said it is not hard if you just go line by line was right! I ended up using a post it so I could only see one line at a time. This morning I am starting on the 2nd sole. I really can't believe how fast they go from what am I knitting :?? to oh it looks like a gigantic clog :happydance: !
I hope to have the first one done sometime tonight. I really have to focus on some school and house work today. Well maybe the housework can wait! :lol:

AmandaC
04-14-2006, 06:18 PM
I used WOTA in mist for the sole and cuff and the upper is Cherry Tree Hill, Potluck worsted in Jewel.

Virtuella
04-15-2006, 07:34 AM
Hi,
have I seen some of you put something rubberish on the clogs?
I want to knit a pair for my mother, but she cant use wool directly on the floor, its to slippery.

margie
04-15-2006, 09:23 AM
Virtuella, I have done two different things- on some, I used "puffy paint" to paint a design on the bottom of the clogs. I've also used suede slipper bottoms on some. They sell them at Patternworks, as well as other stores. There are two styles- a one piece bottom- you don't knit a bumper for the bottom sole of the clogs when you use these- or a two piece bottom, which you do knit the bumper for.

Virtuella
04-15-2006, 01:56 PM
Virtuella, I have done two different things- on some, I used "puffy paint" to paint a design on the bottom of the clogs. I've also used suede slipper bottoms on some. They sell them at Patternworks, as well as other stores. There are two styles- a one piece bottom- you don't knit a bumper for the bottom sole of the clogs when you use these- or a two piece bottom, which you do knit the bumper for.

Puffy paint is smart, and suede slipper-bottoms too!
BUT I thought I had seen somebody spray something glue-rubber "thing" on their slippers? Maybe I have dreamed. :-)

HollyP
04-15-2006, 02:10 PM

Puffy paint is smart, and suede slipper-bottoms too!
BUT I thought I had seen somebody spray something glue-rubber "thing" on their slippers? Maybe I have dreamed. :-)
You didn't dream it! It is in this thread, I can't imagine you not being able to find it. It's not like the clog thread is long or anything :roflhard:
Antislip stuff from Home Depot (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?p=78681&highlight=depot#78681)

Virtuella
04-15-2006, 03:09 PM
You didn't dream it! It is in this thread, I can't imagine you not being able to find it. It's not like the clog thread is long or anything :roflhard:
Antislip stuff from Home Depot (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?p=78681&highlight=depot#78681)

Thank you!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

sherimosher
04-18-2006, 10:14 PM
Okay, I have a great story for all of you. I found this site about a month ago, and started reading this Knit Along. Well, the more I read, the more familiar the pattern sounded. I remembered ordering some yarn and patterns about 5 years ago, this stash has moved with me 3 times, still in the FedEx box. I dug it out of my daughter's storage, and there you go! The Clog pattern and yarn to make them. I have to say that you have all given me the incentive to give them a go! (When I first looked at the pattern way back in 2001, I decided it was WAY beyond me!). I will keep you posted - but the first 5 rows are shaping up amazing!

Thanks so much!

Sheri

[/b]

Ingrid
04-18-2006, 10:35 PM
I didn't realize it's been around that long! It's great that you kept it all. :happydance:

Andrea
04-18-2006, 11:54 PM
That's a great story!! Show us some pics when you're done!! :cheering:

boyforpele13
04-19-2006, 01:05 AM
i've messed them up AGAIN and this is my very special yarn expensive pair for myself since i made 3 successfully before, thought it was time. please help!

again, camera stinks, but the problem THIS time is that my gauge changed from clog 1 to clog 2.... i can't remember if i did the first continental and the second english, which is possible because my english is usually a bit tighter.... or if there's some other reason, but regardless, the first one, the upper is way larger, which i tried my best to illustrate here...

http://mysite.verizon.net/boyforpele/Music/myclogs1.JPG

http://mysite.verizon.net/boyforpele/Music/myclogs2.jpg

please PLEASE someone assure me this will resolve in felting PLEASE!

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:
thanks.

Andrea
04-19-2006, 01:07 AM
I think that they should be ok. If one felts smaller than the other, I would just take out one and keep felting the other. You'll be fine :thumbsup:

margie
04-19-2006, 10:33 AM
I agree with Andrea- they will probably felt just fine- if not, felt the larger one just a little bit longer. They look great, by the way!! That yarn is gorgeous- what kind did you use?

boyforpele13
04-19-2006, 10:46 AM
i bet you're both right. i sure hope so!

the upper color is Manos del Uruguay in Stellar (110 i think). The inner sole is Manos del Uruguay in Lapis (45 i think) and the outer sole and cuff is in Galway that teal, 115 (i think). that was accidental. i bought the manos online and when i got it, i was disturbed by how the lapis and stellar went together.... or didn't... but i didn't decide i couldn't stand it until i got to the cuff of the first one, so i ran out and got the teal and decided to leave the lapis for the inner sole and use the teal for cuff and outer. i actually really like the look a lot now. ;) i'm going to take some better pictures today in the daylight.

boyforpele13
04-20-2006, 11:19 AM
YAY! You all were right!!!!! these are still seriously wet, but I couldn't wait to take pictures, you know how I am ;) The larger one is SLIGHTLY noticeably larger, but so slight that i don't care! i only felted them maybe 10 minutes longer than the first one and that did the trick. i am sure with wear they will be a perfectly matched set and I'm happy! :-)

http://mysite.verizon.net/boyforpele/Music/myfelted1.JPG

http://mysite.verizon.net/boyforpele/Music/myfelted2.JPG

http://mysite.verizon.net/boyforpele/Music/myfelted3.JPG

LOVE THEM!!!!!

KellyK
04-20-2006, 01:37 PM
They are GAWGEOUS!!

And, it doesnt matter if they LOOK different....how do they FIT you? You want them both to be very slightly snug, because they will conform to your tootsies as you wear them.

boyforpele13
04-20-2006, 01:43 PM
they fit PERFECT, kelly. i'm just thrilled! i'd be afraid to felt them any snugger because my feet are kinda wide. i think they're just right! :) thanks bunches! :)

margie
04-20-2006, 02:34 PM
They look fantastic!! I'm so glad they turned out for you!! :cheering:

HollyP
04-20-2006, 11:52 PM
BoyforPele I am in serious clog envy here! They are beautiful!

I finished my second clog on Monday :happydance: and was supposed to felt mine tonight. I was planning on using my sister's washer but she forgot I was coming over and had just started a load :crying: . Darn my water saving ways and buying a front loading washer last summer! Everything I have tried to felt at home has taken fooooooooorevah! I am hoping to be able to get back out there this weekend sometime.
This is killing me. They are so close to being finished. I just want to put them on my feet and feel all their cloggy goodess.

Virtuella
04-22-2006, 12:12 PM
:roflhard:
One clog before felting!

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/5706/Lue.jpg
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/4536/Lue02.jpg

Pictures of the finished clogs in my blog!

Julie
04-22-2006, 12:17 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Ingrid
04-22-2006, 12:26 PM
You can start a new trend! :roflhard:

momwolf
04-22-2006, 12:36 PM
Clogs look wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!One green one red is that so you know your left foot from your right foot :roflhard: The felting turned out great :thumbsup: By the why that sheep on your blog looks like califlower :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: Hope all is well with you :heart: Still praying everything turns out ok :D Keep :XX: maybe it will help with recovery :lol:

Virtuella
04-22-2006, 01:50 PM
Clogs look wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!One green one red is that so you know your left foot from your right foot :roflhard: The felting turned out great :thumbsup: By the why that sheep on your blog looks like califlower :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: Hope all is well with you :heart: Still praying everything turns out ok :D Keep :XX: maybe it will help with recovery :lol:

The sheep.. it is a picture that is fixed. My blog is called "Ull og tull", which means something like "Wool and kidding". That sheep is Wool and kidding, and I thougt it was just the way my blog is. :roflhard:

DotMom61
04-23-2006, 09:08 AM
Margot -- You are a riot! Your positive attitude & lots of laughter are going to carry you through, my dear!!! {{hugs}}

Gud välsigne dig.

(I hope I got that right!!!) :oops:

butterflymama
04-23-2006, 11:01 PM
Been following this thread for, what feels like forever, so I will post my finshed clogs here as well. These were so fun and quick to knit!

http://static.flickr.com/52/133832971_5c5ddbcd3e_m.jpg

Virtuella
04-24-2006, 02:36 AM
Margot -- You are a riot! Your positive attitude & lots of laughter are going to carry you through, my dear!!! {{hugs}}

Gud välsigne dig.

(I hope I got that right!!!) :oops:

Thank you very much, and you did get the blessing right! :heart:

NesheleKnitter
04-24-2006, 09:22 AM
Oh my goodness you girls are so funny!

I love clogs I wear them all the time and with all the beautiful examples on this board I had to join in on the fun.

I'm making mine in "Mist" and "Blueberry" WOTA the colors are a little darker than I thought they would be and blueberry looks more teal than blue but thats ok I can always order more! :lol:

:?? Here is my problem I am up to row 15 and I think everything is ok but I have 2 rather large holes in the very begining of the toe does anyone else have this or know why it happened?

Keep up the silliness girls I need the laughs!

PS Hilde did you get a pedicure or get rid of the Flinstone car yet? ;)

Virtuella
04-24-2006, 11:00 AM
Here is normal pictures of my clogs.

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/7536/Clogs03.th.jpg (http://img78.imageshack.us/my.php?image=Clogs03.jpg) http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/4120/clogs02.th.jpg (http://img78.imageshack.us/my.php?image=clogs02.jpg) http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/572/Clogs01.th.jpg (http://img78.imageshack.us/my.php?image=Clogs01.jpg)

I bought Latex and painted under, 4 layers, perfect!

NinaT
04-24-2006, 08:38 PM
I don't think I've seen anyone do stripes so I just had to give it a try...

Ingrid
04-24-2006, 08:40 PM
:thumbsup: Now that's different!! I like them!! Mine are starting to get worn out. Maybe I'll try to be more creative with my next pair.

butterflymama
04-24-2006, 09:15 PM
Cool stripes! :thumbsup:

HollyP
04-25-2006, 07:19 AM
Ooooh I love the stripes :inlove: . I was thinking of doing stripes for my sister's pair. Now I am definitely going to try it. They look great!

Andrea
04-25-2006, 09:26 AM
I like the stripes too! That's funny, Ingrid, I was just telling DH yesterday that it's getting to be time for some new clogs since mine have been glued to my feet for so many months! :D I have so many different colors in my LP stash, I should just go crazy :thinking:

Ingrid
04-25-2006, 07:15 PM
I like the stripes too! That's funny, Ingrid, I was just telling DH yesterday that it's getting to be time for some new clogs since mine have been glued to my feet for so many months! :D I have so many different colors in my LP stash, I should just go crazy :thinking:

I've got a bunch of Cascade 220 that I could go wild with. :thinking:

knitknut
04-27-2006, 12:07 PM
:XX: I've been stash busting again. Trying to use up the old, so I can get new :happydance:

Used WOTA Maple Syrup for cuff and sole, Snickerdoodle & Carrot together for the upper.

Andrea
04-27-2006, 07:06 PM
:inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
They're beeeeeeautiful!!! :cheering: :cheering:

HollyP
04-29-2006, 04:42 PM
I need color selection help! I am making a pair for my sister. Her favorite colors are pink and green.
I was thinking mulled wine and asparagus WOTA. My only problem is I am not sure the exact color of the asparagus. The colors on my moniter are very different from the way the actual yarn looks. I want to buy a color card but they are sold out and won't be available until July :(

In all of your expert opions would the asparagus and mulled wine look good together?

Thanks!

KellyK
05-01-2006, 07:53 AM
OMG those stripes look FANTASTIC and I LOVE how the carrot & snickerdoodle worked together, too!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

knitknut
05-02-2006, 12:30 PM
NinaT - those stripes are awesome!
Here is another set of stashbusting clogs. Thought I would see what they look like without the bumper too. These are Chocolate sole and cuff with Rain & Snickerdoodle upper with a hint of Wheat. :doh: (Ran out of Snicky with 2 1/2 rows to go) I think they look sort of denim-y.

boyforpele13
05-02-2006, 01:06 PM
NinaT, I LOVE the stripes!!! so cool! knitknut, LOVE your color combo too! i love how everyone gets so creative with these! so awesome!

cindyln
05-03-2006, 10:38 AM
I finally got all of my on the needle projects finished and am now able to start on the clogs. I started them this morning and was going great. Made it thru the 2nd row without a problem BUT now I am stumped. Ok my problem started with row 4 which says for men's sizes only,since I am making a woman's size I skipped this row and went on to row 5. Fine until I get to row 6 and end up short stitches. What did I do wrong?? :thinking:

cindyln
05-03-2006, 10:45 AM
oh found my mistake!! I completely missed the row 4 for women's sizes. And I had my glasses on!! DUH!!! Frogging for me :frog:

boyforpele13
05-03-2006, 10:45 AM
there are two row 4s there, one for men's and one for women's. you do which ever one applies to your pattern, but not skip. :( sorry!

Andrea
05-03-2006, 11:07 AM
Clogs are looking BEAUTIFUL!!!!! :inlove:

momwolf
05-06-2006, 05:36 PM
I got the pattern!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and yarn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!If you haven't heard already YAAAAAAAAAAAA HOOOOOOOOOOOO
Meadow green and Cross Country Green by Nature Spun

Sara
05-06-2006, 08:09 PM
Ooh, great colors, Momwolf!!

DotMom61
05-06-2006, 10:01 PM
I *love* all the unique color combinations -- and I truly mean that, not in the Kelly "unique and interesting" way, that is. They're fabulous!

I'm getting the itch to make another pair of these ... I've only made one, and DD's growing out of them and wants another pair. Plus, I think my Dad would enjoy a pair for Father's Day. Hmmm ... I'd better go buy some YARN!!! :cheering:

Ingrid
05-06-2006, 11:25 PM
Mine have finally worn out. I can put my finger through the bottoms in a couple of places--I'm certainly not complaining since they got a lot of wear! I definitely will make another pair They have become an essential for me, except on the warmest days.

momwolf
05-06-2006, 11:44 PM
were the sizes running big or small for everyone?And what size needles is everyone using?Ingrid thought hers ran big.I'm gonna start them tonight or tomorrow.If I can wait till tomorrow :D

Julie
05-07-2006, 12:37 AM
I've never checked my gauge for clogs...I just use US13 needles as directed. That's one of the fabulous things about them -- you just felt them til they fit perfectly! :D

Andrea
05-07-2006, 06:02 AM
Mine have finally worn out. I can put my finger through the bottoms in a couple of places--I'm certainly not complaining since they got a lot of wear! I definitely will make another pair They have become an essential for me, except on the warmest days.
Mine are wearing out too! I'm finding fuzzies all over the house. I wear mine every single second I'm on my feet in the house (except in the shower, but the second I step out of it, I put them right back on!)

ctmax
05-07-2006, 10:40 AM
How long does it seem the clogs last before getting holes in them?

Ingrid
05-07-2006, 10:41 AM
I made mine in the fall and have worn them, like Andrea, every moment that I've been home and awake. I also wear them out on the rough deck quite a bit.

Jan in CA
05-07-2006, 11:14 AM
Does anyone get cold ankles? That's been holding me off making them...I have a boot type slipper now. I so want to make them though...maybe for summer? Do you all wear them in the summer?