PDA

View Full Version : Stitch & Bitch lawsuit...

Nuno930
07-14-2005, 09:41 PM
Here is a lengthy post about it from Craftster about it. My head hurts trying to follow along. Someone just tell me how it turns out

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=42983.0

foldedbird
07-15-2005, 09:31 AM
Oh boy...I hope this turns out OK. I'm about to name my local knitting group a SnB chapter.

I *suspect* that this issue of lawsuits has come up because folks are trying to SELL things with SnB on there. Forgive my lact of tact, but a big fat DUH to them.

If and when my group decides to sell anything, we won't be putting SnB on ANY merchandise. It will strictly be on my groups name, etc.

I'm so glad that this forum is so cool, and this won't be a disaster thread like other forums are doing...and that's one of my many reasons my browser points here!

:) Denise

foldedbird
07-15-2005, 09:33 AM
Just for fun, I'm gonna trademark the word "purl". Just think of all of the royalties I'll get!

kemp
07-15-2005, 09:54 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard: You might want to call Donald Trump to get some advice on that one!

Rennagayle
07-15-2005, 09:57 AM
I'm so glad that this forum is so cool, and this won't be a disaster thread like other forums are doing...and that's one of my many reasons my browser points here!

You know, I've been coming here since March, and I've never seen a dispute among anyone! Is it because knitters tend to be nicer people ;) , or is it this place? Of course, if it were just that knitters tend to be a nicer breed, then there wouldn't be the whole "SNB" HOO rah thing going on, I guess. Therefore, it must be this place. :mrgreen: :heart:

Nuno930
07-15-2005, 10:43 AM
*suspect* that this issue of lawsuits has come up because folks are trying to SELL things with SnB on there. Forgive my lact of tact, but a big fat DUH to them.
This is where my head started to hurt. From what I understand is SFSE has a trademark on Stitch & Bitch Cafe. And Debbie has the trademark for Stitch & Bitch :??

Holly
07-15-2005, 11:53 AM
:angelgrin: I don't know if it is knitters in general that are nicer, or if we are just a great group of people, but I completely agree with Rennagayle!

Holly

suziehomemaker
07-15-2005, 08:44 PM
This is where my head started to hurt. From what I understand is SFSE has a trademark on Stitch & Bitch Cafe. And Debbie has the trademark for Stitch & Bitch :??

Debbie actually has applie for the trademark 4 times (in different categories each time) and was rejected each time. Each rejection was based on the "confusion" factor between the two names. She can now try to appeal the last rejection or apply under the image one for the image that she uses on her books.

foldedbird
07-17-2005, 04:04 PM
Well, if she does get it...anyone who calls us the B word would be in violation of copyright...lol.

KellyK
07-17-2005, 04:17 PM
Well, what happened when she wrote the BOOK for goodness' sake? I really wish people would pick their battles and focus on what's important in life..... :rollseyes: