PDA

View Full Version : I'm so ashamed

ekgheiy
07-15-2005, 07:24 PM
I am so ashamed. I've been working on The Envelope Afghan since March! :shock: The pattern is so easy that it's boring the absolute he!! out of me!!!
:zzz:

*sigh* :help:
Just thought I'd vent a bit. :? One day I'll "seal the envelope"...

rebecca
07-15-2005, 07:37 PM
Honey...u r preaching to the choir, as the saying goes!! I felt that way when I just knit the afghan for my nephew's wedding earlier this month or late last month. I break up the monotony by doing a fun project like socks in the middle of the afghan. AND...now I find out I've got another nephew getting is getting married July 30, I found out last week!! Well, his afghan will be very late!! I enjoy knitting afghans...a lot!! But, you are ever so correct, they can get B.O.R.I.N.G.
Please, don't be embarrassed....happens to all of us!! I'm embarrassed that I forgot that I had my yarn for a booga bag until somebody said something about it today or yesterday. I got the yarn right before the socks dealy and after all that began I guess I've forgotten everything. I really need to go thru my project list and update it and this time do the yarn, needles, and books and put it all on computer....but that doesn't mean that I will :D ...I am thinking about it!
OKAY, ekgheiy ...THIS IS AN ORDER (I'm positive that I am older than you, so you have to respect your elders):: Put the afghan down and knit something fun and then go back to it and your attitude will have changed!!

Julie
07-15-2005, 08:24 PM
e, I feel your pain. I've had poncho #2 on the needles for about 5 months and I just can't bear to pick it up because it's sooooo boring. Poncho #1 was great beginner's practice...but #2 is torture....I try to keep it hidden but every so often DD sees it and asks when I'm going to finish. :shock:

MaryB
07-15-2005, 11:10 PM
Is that March of this year?? Oh, Honey, you have nothing to feel bad about! I agree with the other posters here----change direction for a time. The afghan will look much beter in a week or two.

Ingrid
07-15-2005, 11:26 PM
When I saw March, I counted, hmm. . . . April, May, June, July. Let's see I've got that sweater that needs the sleeve redone sitting on my dresser since, lets see, this time last year. And the other one that needs 1 1/2 sleeves since at least March, and , and, and. . Not to mention the afghan that I abandoned for felted clogs.

I do know, though, that IT WILL ALL GET DONE! In it's own time. When I feel like it. ;)

Anne
07-15-2005, 11:37 PM
Ek, I know the feeling. I am where you are still :XX: the same Afghan. Mine might be done by the end of the year.... :D

Hildegard_von_Knittin
07-16-2005, 12:07 AM
well, i've knit 10 afghans since March. so get on it!!!! ;-)

:---

Ingrid
07-16-2005, 12:32 AM
:XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX:

And she did it this way--with her "virtual knitter!"

Anne
07-16-2005, 01:14 PM
How long do knit at one sitting? I know it differs but the average amount of time.

Hilde, you :XX: 10 Afghans since March? :thumbsup:

kemp
07-16-2005, 01:18 PM
Take a break! Do something fun! Rebecca is always right :)

I always have to be doing more than one project at once. I must be one of those "ADD" knitters.

Ingrid
07-16-2005, 01:26 PM
How long do knit at one sitting? I know it differs but the average amount of time.

Hilde, you :XX: 10 Afghans since March? :thumbsup:

Go back and look at the bottom of that post! Hee hee!

Anne
07-16-2005, 11:49 PM
Oh Hilde, your a sly one :roflhard:

I missed that :--- !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!