PDA

View Full Version : Well this is creepy

Nuno930
07-16-2005, 11:31 AM
random picture on a site I found while looking for felting instructions

KellyK
07-16-2005, 11:37 AM
EW! :shock: I dont ever wanna look at that pic again!

BinkyKat
07-16-2005, 11:38 AM
:shock: Yikes :shock:
But, they look like the dolls sold at a flower/gift shop I worked at in college. People were nuts over them and they were handmade/handpainted. I think they were a collection of storybook fairytale characters. I just can't think of the name of the company though....

Ingrid
07-16-2005, 11:42 AM
Wow, that IS creepy! :shock: :help:

Julie
07-16-2005, 11:45 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/j-m-h/frightened.gif

kemp
07-16-2005, 12:49 PM
AGGGGHHHHHHHH! :shock: I think I may have nightmares now! Especially since that poor dog looks like my Bodhi.

aliassak
07-16-2005, 12:59 PM
Ok, I'm not sure I get what's creepy about that... It's just a satyr holding a bamboo flute. I'm quite impressed with the creator's needle felting talents! Kinda cute in a mystical creatures way....

kemp
07-16-2005, 01:13 PM
I can't put my finger exactly on WHY it is creepy, but to me, it kind of is. It just looks....well, WRONG. Mabye something about the contrast between the cute, cuddly, puppy and the semi-"its so ugly its cute" doll???

Nuno930
07-16-2005, 01:26 PM
Ok, I'm not sure I get what's creepy about that... It's just a satyr holding a bamboo flute. I'm quite impressed with the creator's needle felting talents! Kinda cute in a mystical creatures way....
The face, the eyes, the smile...

feministmama
07-16-2005, 04:39 PM
I can't put my finger exactly on WHY it is creepy, but to me, it kind of is. It just looks....well, WRONG. Mabye something about the contrast between the cute, cuddly, puppy and the semi-"its so ugly its cute" doll???

Maybe cuz it's sooooo "lifelike.".......NOT! :oo:

koolbreeze
07-17-2005, 10:39 PM
WHAT THE @&@&&#@* :oo:

Ellen Edwards
07-17-2005, 11:52 PM
ahh, What do you call that goat-man thing?? Hasn't it got some satanic thing going?? :thinking:

Silver
07-17-2005, 11:57 PM
OMG.. I'm gonna have nightmares. That is soooo creepy!! :shock:

Sara
07-17-2005, 11:59 PM
That is pan, Greek god of the woods, and of flocks of animals (appropriate, no?). He has the form of a man from the torso up, but the hindquarters of a goat. Otherwise known as a satyr, but since he's holding a Pan Flute, I think he's supposed to be the deity himself.

And yes, that representation is icky. Imagine coming home to a dark house with him on a shelf. EEK!!

Jazzmatazz
07-18-2005, 08:42 AM
That's what happens when you felt in a front loader...

brendajos
07-18-2005, 09:35 AM
That's what happens when you felt in a front loader...

HEY!!!

dustinac
07-18-2005, 10:30 AM
:roflhard: I thought he was holding a foot of some kind I couldn't figure out what in the world he was holding :shock: crreepppyyy indeed but the more you look at him the more ya think kinda cute???

Glad I don't have a front loader!! :roflhard:

koolbreeze
07-18-2005, 01:11 PM
:roflhard: I thought he was holding a foot of some kind I couldn't figure out what in the world he was holding :shock: crreepppyyy indeed but the more you look at him the more ya think kinda cute???

Glad I don't have a front loader!! :roflhard:

:roflhard: i thought that too! ittook me a minute before i relized there was a dog in the pic!

Egeria
07-18-2005, 04:58 PM
Ok, I already have weird dreams....but now I'm dreading going to bed tonight!

yarnpiggy
07-18-2005, 05:30 PM
OMG! I too thought it was a foot that he was holding...I was trying to figure out where the foot came from since it was obvioulsy not his own or the dog's. :roflhard:

Yes, definitely creepy!

brendajos
07-18-2005, 05:36 PM
OMG! I too thought it was a foot that he was holding...I was trying to figure out where the foot came from since it was obvioulsy not his own or the dog's. :roflhard:

Yes, definitely creepy!

i actually thought that it was the dog's foot when i first looked at it and did NOT understand how the dog was sitting there putting up with it. I don't get how it got posed that way either unless they got the dog to just lay there while they put the thing next to it and wrapped its arm around the dog's paw....my dog woud NEVER have sat there and put up with it....

Ellen Edwards
07-19-2005, 05:38 PM
:doh: Thanks Sara!! I knew I should know Pan-but my schooling has left me.
You know, y'all--if you don't look twice (or if I don't put on my glasses), :shock: it looks like there is only a dog's HEAD on the bed and not his body with it!! And then, I think about the Godfather movie with the horse's head in the bed, and then......oops, too much thinking!! Anyway--I don't think I'll take the Goat-Man today!!! :blush:

VictoiseC
07-19-2005, 05:51 PM
THAT IS GROSS! yuk yuk yuk yuk

nightmares yes, exactly what I was going to say.

PAN was gorgeous, or at least good looking. not like this runt thing.
ewwwwwwwwwww