PDA

View Full Version : ugh, warm needles

Miss_Knit
07-18-2005, 10:11 PM
im a new knitter, and i was wondering if anyone else finds it nanoying when the needles feel to warm. it bothered me so much at one point that i stuck them and the whole project into my freezer, felt alot better to hold onto later. anyone else like me? or am i weird?

kitkat
07-18-2005, 10:17 PM
Maybe you should try a different type of needle? What kind are you using?

Ingrid
07-18-2005, 10:17 PM
What kind of needles are you using? I've never had that problem, but I am curious.

Miss_Knit
07-18-2005, 10:21 PM
im using aluminun needles. size 8, and made by boyle. what type do u guys use?

cmk
07-18-2005, 11:30 PM
I've never had that problem either, but I have never used Boyle. The metal I've use are addi turbos and aero. I've tried the metal ones with jewel tone colors, but knitting with them gave me the same sensation as scratching on a chalkboard! I gave them to a friend who likes using them.

Carolyn

Ingrid
07-18-2005, 11:32 PM
I prefer the addis, but have used the other. No heat problem, though. Maybe you're just hot stuff?

Maybe bamboo would be better? I only have a couple of those, but I can't judge since the metal aren't a problem for me either.

LisaD715
07-18-2005, 11:35 PM
I have noticed that my hands sometimes get a little clammy when I knit for long periods of time. I usually just go wash them in cool water and it is fine. I use metal needles most often as well.