PDA

View Full Version : Lace and Diamond Bootees

Stonington
07-19-2005, 08:34 AM
Morning! I found this pattern on KnitPicks. Has anyone made these? Or something similar. Do you think they would be difficult for a "newbie"? My neice is having her second baby in September I would love to give her something hand made :XX: :sunny:

KellyK
07-19-2005, 08:41 AM
One of my first projects was a pair of booties! Go for it, Stony! :thumbsup:

Ingrid
07-19-2005, 08:45 AM
I second that. They look straightforward and what have you got to lose? Those are really cute!

Stonington
07-19-2005, 08:46 AM
Kelly when you order from KnitPicks is the delivery fairly prompt? I would love to order some stuff today :cheering: (I can tell this is going to be dangerous lol) Thanks!

I guess I need to read better. You can not just order the pattern/yarn. It is in a book of patterns. Oh, well will search for something similar. Any Ideas? Thanks! :sunny:

Ingrid
07-19-2005, 09:36 AM
Why not order the book? The baby won't go away and may need more clothing! (I am such an enabler. :oops: )

brendajos
07-19-2005, 09:41 AM
well there is that bootie pattern that someone posted on here that i think is ADORABLE but am afraid of cuz i avoid things that require more thought than a seed stitch scarf like the plague. let me see if i can find them cuz they were the first thing that made me think that i could set aside my aversion to patterns!

brendajos
07-19-2005, 09:43 AM
here it is. (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1998&highlight=booties) it is from our own KnitQueen!

Stonington
07-19-2005, 09:46 AM
Yup.. I was afraid of that lol. A little encouragement and my finger just automatically goes to "add to cart" :rollseyes: I have no will power lol.

KellyK
07-19-2005, 09:48 AM
Knitpicks is pretty fast...If you order early today, I bet you'll have it by the end of the week. :thumbsup:

Stonington
07-19-2005, 10:08 AM
:cheering: I did it.. ! I know.. it is something simple lol.. but my FIRST KnitPicks order... am I excited? mmmmm hmmmm! YUP! :: :balloons:

brendajos
07-19-2005, 10:14 AM
lol...i am always putting stuff in my cart there and then not ordering. i would have ordered many times over by now i think if they had the color selection in WOTA as they do in some of the other yarns!

Stonington
07-19-2005, 10:18 AM
Well I usually like to be able to touch the yarn... I am like that when I buy fabric to quilt too.. there is just something about being able to feel it.. Strange I know! I almost clicked on the Denise needles.. :shock: but I held back! How did I do that? lol

brendajos
07-19-2005, 10:23 AM
oooooooh i am the fabric department's worst enemy...i can't walk past without touching everything on the outside and if i get sucked in, well then i need to touch it all.

wonder where that comes from...something in childhood i would guess.

Ingrid
07-19-2005, 10:25 AM
You have great will power. I always 'shop around' and buy things I don't really need. When your package comes, you'll see why it's so much fun to order on line. Christmas every day. Uh oh, I need to get off this subject. I'm jonesing for a delivery and I have nothing on order. :(

Stonington
07-19-2005, 10:33 AM
Yup I am bad.. I am now looking all over the internet trying to find a delivery schedule hehehe.. hmmmm how long will it take for it to come from Ohio.. oh brother I have it bad. (Yay for the internet at work!) :hiding:

Ingrid
07-19-2005, 11:07 AM
I have to say I LOVE tracking.

Ann in NH
07-25-2005, 11:12 AM
the Knitpicks Lace and Diamond bootees calls for? I may or may not order that same pattern, but I'd love to make my next bootee in that color yarn.

Thanks!
Ann

Stonington
07-25-2005, 11:52 AM
Hi Ann :waving: (with no "e" lol) I am hoping that the order comes tomorrow- :cheering: I ordered the book the pattern is in but not yarn that they recommended on the knitpiks site. The color options were not very baby like.. and I really liked the color of the bootees shown in the picture. I will probably buy the yarn local, if you are still interested in the color and brand I would be happy to let you know :sunny: anne .