PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything that can't be knit??

snephenie
07-19-2005, 09:53 PM
Do you ever start to think like this? My 4 year old LOVES Dora the explorer...well there was this one show with Roberto the Robert he had a set of tools and Tyler wanted a set....so of course I bought it.

Then he says "Mommy I need a tool belt" So IMMEDIATELY I started thinking of what kind of yarn I had in my stash to knit him a stinking TOOL BELT!!! I must have been thinking out loud or else DH noticed that glimmer in my eye I get when I think of knitting and he said....

'You will NOT knit him a tool belt' I will go to the hardware store and buy him a small one. :roflhard:

feministmama
07-19-2005, 09:57 PM
I think the real question is would you want it if you couldn't?

Ingrid
07-19-2005, 10:02 PM
I'm guilty. I was thinking that the windows in my kitchen could use valances. Now mind you, there are 7 windows in a semi-circle. I searched, found a pattern, bought some cotton on cones, and decided that I really, really, didn't want to knit 40 feet of valance.

Nuno930
07-19-2005, 10:04 PM
I have knitted poop. Yep, poop.

KellyK
07-19-2005, 10:05 PM

I need to see a pic for proof of that, Nik.

Ingrid
07-19-2005, 10:09 PM

:roflhard: :roflhard:

First good laugh I've had all day! You MUST elaborate!

BinkyKat
07-19-2005, 10:11 PM
Hey, if they can come up with a pattern for a "womb" on knitty, you can knit anything! I personally am going to knit a pair of boobs that I saw a pattern for on crystal palace for my mother. :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

sooo, where does one find a pattern for knitting poop? think that would be a good gag gift, no pun intended... ok... intended :roflhard:

Rorshach
07-19-2005, 10:39 PM
sooo, where does one find a pattern for knitting poop? think that would be a good gag gift, no pun intended... ok... intended :roflhard:

I don't know about that, I think it'd be a pretty crappy gift :) :listens for groans::)

Nuno930
07-19-2005, 10:42 PM
I had some funky rustish brown yarn from a thrift store. I had some leftover from a scarf... and I was bored at nap time. I knitted some up and put it in my 2 year olds play diapers for her babies. She thought it was pretty cool.

Ingrid
07-19-2005, 10:44 PM
Am I a cool mom or what

The coolest! :happydance: :XX:

BinkyKat
07-19-2005, 10:47 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:
Now that dolly will appear as though she has a REALLY high fiber diet...
poop.... that's a fun word to say...

you are a cool mom! :thumbsup:

KellyK
07-19-2005, 10:51 PM
OMG. You actually DID knit poop. :shock: You win. I quit.

snephenie
07-19-2005, 10:52 PM
I'd be VERY afraid if I had some poo in a diaper that color!!!

But you have won the award for creative knitting! LMAO.

BinkyKat
07-19-2005, 10:55 PM
Who knew how long it could have been before this topic came up... and the knitted dooky would never be known...
now this would be a good place to revisit those godforsaken ski masks wouldn't it :shock:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
07-19-2005, 10:55 PM
RED poo??? what did you eat?

LisaD715
07-19-2005, 11:28 PM
Ok, I thought I had seen everything on the scary knitted item site.....that needs to be submitted. That is funny!! :roflhard: :roflhard:

Have you thought to submit it for publication? Millions of little girls with baby dolls all over would be singing your praises.

punkhippiemom
07-22-2005, 10:18 AM
Do you ever start to think like this? My 4 year old LOVES Dora the explorer...well there was this one show with Roberto the Robert he had a set of tools and Tyler wanted a set....so of course I bought it.
See, and I was expecting you to say that you immediately dug out your brown and gray yarn and whipped him up matching hammer, wrench and screwdriver...
There is nothing that can't be knitted - I was reading through my latest knitting magazine, and they had a pattern for a baseball... and of course, I started thinking about whether I could knit my boys gloves and bats, too - that way, if they hit each other over the head, no big, right? :roflhard:
I love knitting...

amy
07-23-2005, 11:07 AM
OMG, I just discovered this thread!

Knit Poop! That's AWESOME Nik! You ARE an awesome mom, that is just too cool as far as doll-play goes! Very gross, but totally cool at the same time! Wow, that's the funniest thing I've seen in ages! :roflhard:

As far as what can't be knitted?....
I think the toolbelt is hysterical. But I'd argue that if you knit it in a neutral color and felted it, it would have been quite perfect! :thumbsup: (same goes with just about anything needing to look masculine.)

I remember coming across a knit cozy for a helium tank (or C02 tank or whatever). You know, some kind of large pressurized tank with a valve on top... It was encased in variegated colorful yarn, and for some reason it struck me as incredibly funny. (Maybe it would work in a toy store with balloons, but definitely not in an auto shop or wherever else those things are found! :lol:) But, hmmmmm...... Knit in grey and felted? :??

I'd be curious to hear the guys chime in on this one!

MaggieL
07-23-2005, 11:32 AM
Poop? Poop? :shock: :roflhard: :roflhard:

You're a fantastic mom!!!

BinkyKat
07-23-2005, 12:04 PM
I don't know about that, I think it'd be a pretty crappy gift :) :listens for groans::)

I've gotten worse! ;)

Here's a sentence you never thought you'd here... "I think I'll knit some poop today!"
I thought about this thread again as I put a copy of the Knitty "womb" pattern in my "What the *(&%OI* ?" section of my spanky new binder.
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: