PDA

View Full Version : Interweave Knits patter.. carpet bag

Silver
07-25-2005, 02:49 PM
Have you SEEN the new issue of interweave knits? Look at this felted carpet bag!! It's soooooo coooool!!! :heart:

brendajos
07-25-2005, 02:50 PM
that is VERY cool. i don't think that i could do that color work but i bet it could be something that i could adapt into bright obnoxious stripes or sumpthin'!! hrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Silver
07-25-2005, 02:52 PM
Most of the knitted color work is just blocks/shapes of color, the fine color detail is embroidered on top of the finished peice. Then after it's felted, it all looks the same. :heart:

I'm thinking of using those flower patterns to make a purse too. How cool would that be?

Aby
07-25-2005, 02:53 PM
is that custom dyed wool??? That neon is GORGEOUS! I'd love to try making that.. is that the August issue?

KellyK
07-25-2005, 02:56 PM
OH BOY...is there any way to prevent Hildie from seeing this thread? She's made, like eleventyplex infinillion bags already!

Silver
07-25-2005, 02:57 PM
Yes, it's the new Fall issue. The yarn is Reynold's Lite-Lopi. I don't know if it's necessarially lime green, or just how the pic turned out. I don't have a scanner, so I just took a pic of the page with my camera. ;)

brendajos
07-25-2005, 02:59 PM
yeah i have enough trouble knitting in straight lines let alone trying to mix colors in the middle of the work...lol. i think i could play with that though...

mebbe i should not look at this thread anymore or i will never get the bag i am working on done...heh

Carol_OH
07-25-2005, 03:13 PM
I'm DEFINITLY going to work on that bag this fall - it's GORGEOUS and I'll feel just like Mary Poppins!

:D

Sara
07-25-2005, 05:20 PM
My LYS owner was at the big fiber show in Ohio early this summer. She saw the bag IN PERSON at Interweave's display table and every time I go in (which is often), she asks if I have seen THE BAG. Apparently, it was awe inspiring.

Carol--I had said when I first saw it that I hoped my sister never got a look at it because she adores Mary Poppins and I'm sure she'd want me to make it for her! :rofling:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
07-25-2005, 10:50 PM
very funny, KK!!!!
i actually considered making the bag, but I was like, really, who needs a bag that big? Besides me, of course :rollsyeyes: Maybe after the elenenty-plex clogs.

BUT the sweater I was desperatly looking for is the one on the cover of that issue!!!! Yay!

dustinac
07-26-2005, 09:28 AM
ohh thats pretty I really like that!! :D

Silver
07-26-2005, 10:22 AM
i actually considered making the bag, but I was like, really, who needs a bag that big?
I do, I do!! I'd use it as a suitcase. How incredibly cute would that be? MUCH MUCH cuter than my current hockey size duffle bag!

lisa e
07-29-2005, 09:55 PM
O
M
G

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE that bag. I would rub it and squeeze it and hug it and maybe even call it George. That would make a fabo knitting tote.

brendajos
07-29-2005, 09:59 PM
omg lisa...lol. i didn't think anybody else said that! i went and got the magazine today just for that pattern. now i need to keep from being distracted by it so i can finish the other bag i am working on!!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
07-29-2005, 10:06 PM
Uh-oh!!!!!

I smell a KAL that I wouldn't be able to pass up!!!!!!!!!!

kemp
07-30-2005, 10:23 AM
O
M
G

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE that bag. I would rub it and squeeze it and hug it and maybe even call it George. That would make a fabo knitting tote. :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

So Silver, when are you beginning the bag? How many skeins does it take?