PDA

View Full Version : Quiz: What kind of yarn are you?

Hildegard_von_Knittin
07-27-2005, 09:22 AM
I *did* a search to make sure this hasn't come up already!!!!

Me:
You are Mohair.
You are a warm and fuzzy type who works well with others, doing your share without being too weighty. You can be stubborn and absolutely refuse to change your position once it is set, but that's okay since you are good at covering up your mistakes.

Well. I don't know abut warm and fuzzy (i try to be cold and complainey), but the rest seems good!

** QUIZ (http://quizilla.com/users/bisybackson/quizzes/What%20kind%20of%20yarn%20are%20you%3F/) (link added after original post... also below)

Nuno930
07-27-2005, 09:25 AM
Is this a quiz or are you just making stuff up about you :??

Hildegard_von_Knittin
07-27-2005, 09:28 AM
Duh...I guess I'll post the link to the QUIZ (http://quizilla.com/users/bisybackson/quizzes/What%20kind%20of%20yarn%20are%20you%3F/)
:oops:

Stonington
07-27-2005, 09:34 AM
Well here goes:

You are Merino Wool. You are very easygoing and sweet. People like to keep you close because you are so softhearted. You love to be comfortable and warm from your head to your toes.

:blush:

brendajos
07-27-2005, 09:36 AM
You are Mohair. You are a warm and fuzzy type who works well with others, doing your share without being too weighty. You can be stubborn and absolutely refuse to change your position once it is set, but that's okay since you are good at covering up your mistakes.

I am a little suspicious of any quiz that invokes the name of Christian Slater though!

Norman
07-27-2005, 09:37 AM
*heh*

Nice

You are Mohair. You are a warm and fuzzy type who works well with others, doing your share without being too weighty. You can be stubborn and absolutely refuse to change your position once it is set, but that's okay since you are good at covering up your mistakes.

LisaD715
07-27-2005, 09:40 AM
You are Merino Wool. You are very easygoing and sweet. People like to keep you close because you are so softhearted. You love to be comfortable and warm from your head to your toes.

hippodamia
07-27-2005, 09:50 AM
:roflhard: Here is some cotton among all you wool people :rofling:

You are Dishcloth Cotton. You are a very hard worker, most at home when you're at home. You are thrifty and seemingly born to clean. You are considered to be a Plain Jane, but you are too practical to notice.

KellyK
07-27-2005, 09:51 AM

DAMMIT! I wanted to be alpaca! :mad:

Nuno930
07-27-2005, 11:10 AM
You are Acrylic. While you are very versatile, your plasticky countenance can be offputting. You are very good with children but can become a pill if left alone with them too long. You are very flexible but don't give in to manipulation.

:roflhard: :roflhard: I think it was the Christian Slater one that put me over the top... but really, how can you choose? It's like Sophie's Choice

rebecca
07-27-2005, 11:14 AM

Ahhh...I am my favorite yarn...who knew ;)

MaryS
07-27-2005, 11:17 AM
You are mercerized cotton. You are always very crisp and neat. You are very playful and are happiest while outdoors in the sunshine. You are sometimes accused of splitting hairs, but in the end people find you pretty easy to live with.

All those beach questions and tropical islands got to me. I'm leaving for a two week vacation on the beach in Ocean City on August 12th and I'm spending lots of time these days daydreaming and planning my getaway.

Sorry Kelly - no alpaca category!

I loved the colors in the mercerized cotton swatch. I want that yarn - it reminds me of the ocean! My favorite colors are shades of blue and green.

Mary

Carol_OH
07-27-2005, 11:18 AM
I'm acrylic too!

koolbreeze
07-27-2005, 12:07 PM
You are Mercerized Cotton. You are always very crisp and neat. You are very playful and are happiest while outdoors in the sunshine. You are sometimes accused of splitting hairs, but in the end people find you pretty easy to live with.

that fist part is not me about being neat... i am so far fropm neat its not funny... but i'm very neat in my head i just don't get around to doing it.. but the rest fits! :happydance:

snephenie
07-27-2005, 12:25 PM
Mark
me
down
for
mohair

man
I
need
to
fix
t.his
keyboard

T.hise ise howe it.e usually,e lookst.

brendajos
07-27-2005, 12:27 PM
Mark
me
down
for
mohair

man
I
need
to
fix
t.his
keyboard

lol...i am sorry but that just made me literally LOL.

Jackie M.
07-27-2005, 12:45 PM

Ingrid
07-27-2005, 12:53 PM
I'm merino, too.

cheesiesmom
07-27-2005, 12:58 PM
You are Shetland Wool. You are a traditional sort who can sometimes be a little on the harsh side. Though you look delicate you are tough as nails and prone to intricacies. Despite your acerbic ways you are widely respected and even revered.

At least I didn't come up dish cloth cotton. (just an acerbic observation.)

hippodamia
07-27-2005, 01:08 PM

hey! And what is wrong with being a dishcloth???? :rofling:

In fact, during lunch today, I bought 3 balls of the $1 cotton at Michael's just to celebrate being like a dish cloth :balloons:

snephenie
07-27-2005, 01:41 PM
Mark
me
down
for
mohair

man
I
need
to
fix
t.his
keyboard

lol...i am sorry but that just made me literally LOL.

I'm all better now, ran to target and got a new keyboard :)

cheesiesmom
07-27-2005, 01:54 PM
hey! And what is wrong with being a dishcloth???? Rolling On Floor Laughing

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! Over the last 40 years of wedded bliss, I've worn out many of them; I just hate to think of myself in my declining years chained to the kitchen sink cooking and scrubbing up. (Although I'm sure my DH would think he died and went to heaven if I did nothing all day but prepare tasty little delicacies for him.) Besides, if you have dishcloths, you have to do dishes! Now that's really a depressing thought.

Husband: "What did you make for dinner?"
Wife: "Reservations!!" :D

cheesiesmom
07-27-2005, 01:56 PM

I find that if I turn the keyboard upside down and whack it a few times it gets all the cookie crumbs out and the keys don't stick. Works every time!

wildforyarn
07-27-2005, 03:15 PM
I am also Merino wool. Wow, we have a lot of Merinos on this list. :D

Stonington
07-27-2005, 03:21 PM

I find that if I turn the keyboard upside down and whack it a few times it gets all the cookie crumbs out and the keys don't stick. Works every time!

:roflhard: LOL that is funny, when I started this job I had to do that... could not figure out what was wrong with the dang computer.... the previous person really liked something sticky... still don't know quite what that sticky stuff was though :thinking:

brendajos
07-27-2005, 03:23 PM
:roflhard: LOL that is funny, when I started this job I had to do that... could not figure out what was wrong with the dang computer.... the previous person really liked something sticky... still don't know quite what that sticky stuff was though :thinking:

:shock: i am gonna try not to think about that anymore :verysad:

MaggieL
07-27-2005, 04:24 PM
You are Shetland Wool. You are a traditional sort who can sometimes be a little on the harsh side. Though you look delicate you are tough as nails and prone to intricacies. Despite your acerbic ways you are widely respected and even revered.

That's not what I expected. :thinking:

meknitter
07-27-2005, 04:25 PM
I am mohair as well.

Not sure about the stubborn trait... I think I'm very easy going as long as I get my way ;)

I don't believe I've ever seen a Christian Slater movie... now if they were talking about Sean Connery, Paul Newman, Robert Redford... oops, my age is showing!

brendajos
07-27-2005, 04:33 PM
I don't believe I've ever seen a Christian Slater movie... now if they were talking about Sean Connery, Paul Newman, Robert Redford... oops, my age is showing!

ummm...what age is that cuz i am 34 and think those are MUCH better choices... :rollseyes:

MaryS
07-27-2005, 04:42 PM
I think those are better choices too, and I'd add Pierce Brosnan.

Who is Christian Slater? I haven't seen ANY of the movies in that question.

brendajos
07-27-2005, 04:47 PM
mostly 90s teenybopper movies. he was on The West Wing.....2003 season i believe. Was Donna's boyfriend who was in the military (if you watch the show i think that will make sense)

Most recently noted for getting arrested for assault because some girl accused him of grabbing her glutial region.

dustinac
07-27-2005, 04:54 PM

I liked Slater in the Heather movie... :rollseyes: LOL but thats all I've seen him in...

Meknitter I'm in my mid twenties and you can ask anyone who knows me that if it wasn't made in the Glamorous Hollywood days I don't want to see it.. or if I do then I'm disappointed cause it hits me again they just can't carry movies anymore they have to act to much... You take the greats all they had to do was give ya the look or the dialogue and it was a great movie.. Love Grant, Cagney, Davis, both Hepburns although Kat was better.. Although there are several 80s movies out there I love which surprises me and my friends :lol:

kemp
07-27-2005, 05:40 PM

Me too. I think the quiz must've been mad that I said "Christian who?" ;)

suziehomemaker
07-27-2005, 08:11 PM
I'm Shetland Wool too - it makes senze. Although I said I liked Untamed Heart as my favorite but Heathers and Robin Hood were a close second!

BinkyKat
07-27-2005, 08:48 PM
You are Dishcloth Cotton.
You are a very hard worker, most at home whenyou're at home. You are thrifty and seeminglyborn to clean. You are considered to be a PlainJane, but you are too practical to notice.

WTH?
Not that it's bad, per se, but I'm not thrifty (not with the yarn stash I got!), I don't think I'm a plain Jane, and everyone I know would vouch that I am NOT born to clean. I dream of having a tidy home, but alas...
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

btw.... the guy that was on west wing is Rob Lowe. Christian Slater was also Will Scarlet in the Kevin Kostner version of Robin Hood and he was also in a Young Guns movie... :thumbsup:

brendajos
07-27-2005, 09:09 PM
You are Dishcloth Cotton.
You are a very hard worker, most at home whenyou're at home. You are thrifty and seeminglyborn to clean. You are considered to be a PlainJane, but you are too practical to notice.

WTH?
Not that it's bad, per se, but I'm not thrifty (not with the yarn stash I got!), I don't think I'm a plain Jane, and everyone I know would vouch that I am NOT born to clean. I dream of having a tidy home, but alas...
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

btw.... the guy that was on west wing is Rob Lowe. Christian Slater was also Will Scarlet in the Kevin Kostner version of Robin Hood and he was also in a Young Guns movie... :thumbsup:

donchu make me hafta pull out old episodes to prove that Christian Slater was on West Wing...lol. He was the one she tried to talk into voting for Bartlett because she accidentally voted for the other guy. He was the Pentagon liaison to the White House for a season.

I luuuuuuuuv me some West Wing and i do still miss Rob Lowe

snephenie
07-27-2005, 09:27 PM
donchu make me hafta pull out old episodes to prove that Christian Slater was on West Wing...lol. He was the one she tried to talk into voting for Bartlett because she accidentally voted for the other guy. He was the Pentagon liaison to the White House for a season.

Just because I love to look up carp like this...

Taken from imdb.com

http://imdb.com/name/nm0000225/
"The West Wing" playing "Lt. Cmdr. Jack Reese" in episode: "Arctic Radar" (episode # 4.10) 27 November 2002
"The West Wing" playing "Lt. Cmdr. Jack Reese" in episode: "Process Stories" (episode # 4.8) 13 November 2002
"The West Wing" playing "Lt. Cmdr. Jack Reese" in episode: "Election Night" (episode # 4.7) 6 November 2002

brendajos
07-27-2005, 09:30 PM

Just because I love to look up carp like this...

Taken from imdb.com

http://imdb.com/name/nm0000225/
"The West Wing" playing "Lt. Cmdr. Jack Reese" in episode: "Arctic Radar" (episode # 4.10) 27 November 2002
"The West Wing" playing "Lt. Cmdr. Jack Reese" in episode: "Process Stories" (episode # 4.8) 13 November 2002
"The West Wing" playing "Lt. Cmdr. Jack Reese" in episode: "Election Night" (episode # 4.7) 6 November 2002

i know i am just MORTIFIED by the fact that my good little campaigning liberal friend who i know has every season of the West Wing at her house didn't believe me either...sheeesh....what's the world coming to...*sigh*

:rofling:

BinkyKat
07-27-2005, 09:37 PM
WHOOPSIE! my bad, that's what i get... i don't even watch west wing except the one time i saw that rob lowe was on it..
a thousand aplogies :oops:
:lol:

brendajos
07-27-2005, 09:43 PM
WHOOPSIE! my bad, that's what i get... i don't even watch west wing except the one time i saw that rob lowe was on it..
a thousand aplogies :oops:
:lol:

lmao....silly :roflhard:

BinkyKat
07-27-2005, 09:50 PM
tee hee, this is probably the most scandalous discussion on this site yet!
Ain't we a civil bunch? :lol:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
07-27-2005, 10:49 PM
*teacher voice*

now, now, ladies. :fingerwag: How would you feel if someone said that to you? Let's remember to be nice to EVERYONE. Even annoying people like KK... someday you might need them for something, and it's always good to have those kind of people in your pocket--even if you ARE just pretending to like them. You never know when you'll need someone to post bail or lend you a prophylactic... so keep that in mind!
Now, I want you to say 2 nice things about each other, apologize, and recite the friendship motto.

KellyK
07-27-2005, 10:53 PM
What's the friendship motto? :??

Rorshach
07-28-2005, 12:00 AM
You are Twine, you're pretty rough around the edges, and look funny when put together. hehe, seriously wasn't able to access the website, will get back to you guys when I'm able to.

okay, I redid it, now that my computer had a "attitude readjustment"

hmm seems fairly true in all aspects.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
07-28-2005, 12:41 AM
DUH!

I'll always be loyal to those I call "friend"
True kindness and love I will always extend
I'll tell them they're pretty and funny and smart
And never say "EW" when they have to... well, you know.

KK, you will have to stay in at knit time today and copy that 100 times.

Kid Showbiz
07-28-2005, 12:43 AM
I am mohair as well. Lots of us on here today.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
07-28-2005, 12:48 AM
we're all cute and furry, that's why!

carollovesyarn
07-29-2005, 07:13 PM
mohair here - but no, I don't need mo' hair!

Carol

Silver
07-29-2005, 07:19 PM

kemp
07-30-2005, 09:57 AM
*teacher voice*

now, now, ladies. :fingerwag: How would you feel if someone said that to you? Let's remember to be nice to EVERYONE. Even annoying people like KK... someday you might need them for something, and it's always good to have those kind of people in your pocket--even if you ARE just pretending to like them. You never know when you'll need someone to post bail or lend you a prophylactic... so keep that in mind!
Now, I want you to say 2 nice things about each other, apologize, and recite the friendship motto.

Ms. Von Knittin! Ms. Von Knittin! The girls didn't apologize! They didn't say nice-eez! They ate the lunch I packed in my insulated, knitted lunch box!

brendajos
07-30-2005, 10:10 AM
SUCK UP!!! HMPH!

you just wait until recess!

:rofling:

feministmama
07-30-2005, 11:28 AM
You are Acrylic.

YUCK! I wanted to be mohair. But actually this description fits me well enough. OOoooo fun...........

benniesma
07-31-2005, 09:11 PM
I'm dishcloth cotton. I'd like to say that it's so not me. But I am thrifty, practical and home at home.

sigh.

foothills
08-01-2005, 11:27 AM
You are Acrylic. While you are very versatile, your plasticky countenance can be offputting. You are very good with children but can become a pill if left alone with them too long. You are very flexible but don't give in to manipulation.

plasticky I don't think so :roflhard: Of course, Dawson does consider Grandma to be a DOLL :thumbsup:

Joyce

Joel
08-02-2005, 05:36 PM
ok.... and my results are in.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-02-2005, 06:18 PM
Kemp! We don't tolorate tattle-tales here!!!!! Don't make me punish you with the anti-tattle motto!

Phretys
08-05-2005, 11:31 PM
You are Cashmere.
You are sophisticated and luxe. You can often be
found in high-end boutiques and hobnobbing with
the upper crust. You are one of the beautiful
people and you don't let anyone forget it!
That is so *not* me. :rofling:

~Debi~

BinkyKat
08-06-2005, 12:25 AM
Kemp! We don't tolorate tattle-tales here!!!!! Don't make me punish you with the anti-tattle motto!

Teacher..? Can I go back to my desk now? I'm tired of sitting in the corner with this pointy hat on my head...puhleeaze? I'll be good now :(

Rorshach
08-06-2005, 06:23 PM
Heh, don't complain, Binkykat, when you've had that pointy hat on your head as long as I have, it sorta grows on you. Though to tell you the truth, it's just to cover my pointy head.

And, dare I ask? WHAT the heck is the Anti Tattle motto?

SoapDoc
08-06-2005, 11:35 PM
You are Dishcloth Cotton. You are a very hard worker, most at home when you're at home. You are thrifty and seemingly born to clean. You are considered to be a Plain Jane, but you are too practical to notice.