PDA

View Full Version : I've just started knitting my first sock....

misstialouise
07-27-2005, 11:35 PM
I have my friend Manda to blame, really. She's an Aussie, living in the UK who is also totally adictamacated to sock knitting. :heart:

But I've started. Manda has sent me a basic 4ply sock pattern, which I'm doing with a lovely steely blue colour in Patonyle.

I've done a 3cm cuff in 1/1 rib, and have started my stockingette stitch (I'm about 4-5 rows in). I'm using 5 x 2.75mm dpns (I find I prefer dpn's to circular needles).

I know I'll be okay until I get to the heel part, which I'm very much dreading.. :frog: <-- that'll be me.. I know it...

Well, I have about 15-20cm before I need to worry about it... I guess... :pray:

InterNette
07-28-2005, 09:49 AM
Good Luck, I will attempt one some day. They sure look difficult. Can't wait to see a pic when your done.

kemp
07-28-2005, 11:45 AM
yay for you! :cheering: Socks are so fun.

rebecca
07-28-2005, 11:57 AM
YIPPEE for you misstialouise!! SOCKS are my very favorite things to :XX: !!
So.....you have yourself some sock :X: FUN :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: And you will soon find that you are a card carrying member of the "Sock Knitting 8-) Addicts" club...SKA, it's a lifetime membership; no way out ;) But then, who would want to leave?!

misstialouise
07-31-2005, 08:32 AM
Here is a pic of my sock.... I've done a few more stockinette rows since this picture... but you get the idea.. :D

MaggieL
07-31-2005, 10:48 AM
It is an absolutely gorgeous color. I haven't made socks yet but they look like fun.

rebecca
07-31-2005, 10:50 AM
love the color & you are doing an EXCELLENT job!! No ladders on your 1st sock...very, very good :D !! WTG :thumbsup:

Ellen Edwards
07-31-2005, 11:55 AM
'I started my first sock after I got Amy's video--I didn't have DSL at the time :( and I couldn't watch them online. I think every knitting question I'd ever have was answered in there, :happydance: and in my Reader's Digest craft book--it has about every needle craft you can think of. And I've tried all of them at least once :shock: , even tatting!! But I love all the info I get at this site here-- :?? just things like using a rubber band to keep your stitches from coming off the needles when you put it down (my cat had a field day with a half-done sock one night and I had to frog the whole thing the next day!!) :rollseyes: ...using a lifeline at times...lots of things I'd never have thought of. When I knitted that first sock , I thougth I'd never get it--and it's still a challenge (I've only knit 4!) but it's getting easier and easier. :XX: Socks are so versatile, so usable, so portable, so pretty! Now I hope I can learn the circular method--just so I'll know both ways--although when someone sees you knitting with 4 or 5 needles at a time, they think you REALLY know something!! I :heart: LOVE knitting socks--and I love KnittingHelp.com!!!You've all become friends to me and I've learned a lot--just wanted to say thanks to all of you, and Amy--I hope many more good things come to you! :heart:

benniesma
07-31-2005, 03:42 PM
That looks great! I haven't tried a sock yet. But I just finished A Good Yarn and the pattern in it is socks. The book made it sound like so much fun! Now I'm dying to try.

Keep us updated!

misstialouise
08-01-2005, 08:27 AM
Here's an updated pic :D

kemp
08-03-2005, 10:18 AM
I love the color! Looks great :)

Knitcrazy
08-05-2005, 05:22 PM
Oh The sock look great..
I am about to try the loop method of knitting socks.. I have made some with dpns but this will be a new Adventure..
has anyone done them???