PDA

View Full Version : What kind of knitting needle are you?

kemp
07-28-2005, 01:39 PM
Take the quiz (http://quizilla.com/users/larissmix/quizzes/What%20kind%20of%20knitting%20needles%20are%20you% 3F/)

My result: You are plastic.

Futuristic, milky, and silky, you are willing to go where no crafter has gone before. You can do just about anything, with strength agility, and pretty colors to boot! While you are good at slipping and sliding out of sticky situations, remember to stay where and when you are needed. Donít overdo it on star gazing when thereís earthbound knitting to be done!

Stonington
07-28-2005, 01:45 PM
lol

You are pink aluminum. Retro, straightforward and fun, you love classic things. If they're 99 cents at Goodwill all the better! You are moved by striking colors and tasty morsels, and you like a stitch-n-bitch session in the sun. Just remember, while you're being kitschy cool, don't get too cold. Ice cubes are best kept in your cocktails, baby!

brendajos
07-28-2005, 01:50 PM
You are interchangeable. Fun, free, and into everything, you've got every eventuality covered and every opportunity just has to be taken. Every fiber is wonderful, and every day is a new beginning. You are good at so many things, it's amazing, but you can easily lose your place and forget to show up. They have row counters for people like you!

i am glad i am not plastic for as much as i LOATHE using them (my first experience buying needles after my first set of bamboos was a set of susan bates plastic....the feel of them in my hands and on the yarn was terrible and i have been plastic shy since!!) :rollseyes:

Silver
07-28-2005, 01:51 PM
You are interchangeable. Fun, free, and into everything, you've got every eventuality covered and every opportunity just has to be taken. Every fiber is wonderful, and every day is a new beginning. You are good at so many things, it's amazing, but you can easily lose your place and forget to show up. They have row counters for people like you!
:cheering: I LUV Interchangables!

kemp
07-28-2005, 01:53 PM

i am glad i am not plastic for as much as i LOATHE using them (my first experience buying needles after my first set of bamboos was a set of susan bates plastic....the feel of them in my hands and on the yarn was terrible and i have been plastic shy since!!) :rollseyes:

Hey! Us plastic people can't help it :) Who made up this thing anyway?

Carol_OH
07-28-2005, 01:54 PM
You are "turbo" charged. Fast moving and classy, you get things done with power and grace. Your expensive tastes can be deceiving, since what you really value is quality and efficiency. As you're careening around those corners in life, finishing a dozen knitted objects each month, stop and smell the roses. Don't miss the beauty of process!

:?? I guess I better get some turbos! :lol:

kemp
07-28-2005, 01:58 PM
I wanna be turbos! Much cooler than silly plastic.

Nuno930
07-28-2005, 02:03 PM
You are pink aluminum. Retro, straightforward and fun, you love classic things. If they're 99 cents at Goodwill all the better! You are moved by striking colors and tasty morsels, and you like a stitch-n-bitch session in the sun. Just remember, while you're being kitschy cool, don't get too cold. Ice cubes are best kept in your cocktails, baby!

YAY! That is be baby! :thumbsup:

Ingrid
07-28-2005, 02:06 PM
I'm interchangeable. I can live with that.

punkhippiemom
07-28-2005, 02:07 PM
You are bamboo.
Warm, cozy, and thoughtful, you take your time and enjoy how things feel, smell, and taste. You love the craft and beauty of traditional things, and you value the comfort and experience of knitting as much as the results. But while you are reveling in your warm cozies, don't get stuck. Warm is wonderful, but so is the whole wide world!

LOL... I am also merino wool...

Carol_OH
07-28-2005, 02:11 PM
I wanna be turbos! Much cooler than silly plastic.

okay I'll switch - I like plastic needles (but only if they're pink!)

:happydance:

kemp
07-28-2005, 02:14 PM
apparently if you're plastic, you can be any pretty color you want! :)

Carol_OH
07-28-2005, 02:14 PM
WHOO HOOO!

:happydance: :heart: :happydance:

brendajos
07-28-2005, 02:23 PM
yeah see i prolly woulda liked my plastics better if they had been a pretty color! The Lion brand DPNs in plastic didn't seem so bad since they were in colors...lol

:mrgreen:

dustinac
07-28-2005, 03:13 PM
You are pink aluminum. Retro, straightforward and fun, you love classic things. If they're 99 cents at Goodwill all the better! You are moved by striking colors and tasty morsels, and you like a stitch-n-bitch session in the sun. Just remember, while you're being kitschy cool, don't get too cold. Ice cubes are best kept in your cocktails, baby! :thinking:

:roflhard: brendajosos might forget to show up

hippodamia
07-28-2005, 03:14 PM

Pink aluminum with dishcloth cotton :thumbsup:

:XX:

rebecca
07-28-2005, 03:16 PM
Yes, I've had to get the electronic row counter... :rofling: :rofling:

I had a couple of different answers to 2 questions so I took it twice so I'm interchangeable and/or turbo; depending upon the mood?!

You are "turbo" charged. Fast moving and classy, you get things done with power and grace. Your expensive tastes can be deceiving, since what you really value is quality and efficiency. As you're careening around those corners in life, finishing a dozen knitted objects each month, stop and smell the roses. Don't miss the beauty of process!

If that is considered cheating, I'm sorry; but I had 2 answers. And interchangeable sounds MUCH MORE like me. I'm certainly not FAST MOVING... :roflhard: :roflhard: I'M ON CRUTCHES for goodness sake :roflhard: :roflhard: LOL, crutches just completely knock out the fast moving, power and grace... :roflhard: :roflhard: . Although, it's not unusual to finish a dozen projects a month.

VickiIL
07-28-2005, 03:21 PM
Interchangable. Sounds right.

foldedbird
07-28-2005, 03:30 PM

In the sun? I doubt it. I hate being in the sun. That's why God invented roof tops and central air! The rest is pretty right on, though.

BinkyKat
07-28-2005, 04:15 PM
I be Pink Aluminum retro...
Cool! :thumbsup:

MaryS
07-28-2005, 07:22 PM
I'm bamboo - to go with my mercerized cotton.

Funny thing is I 've never knit with bamboo needles. I love all my aluminum needles.

I'm also a Trekker from way back and if I was in the middle of a nebula I'd be too busy gawking (and looking around for Khan) to have time to knit! So I guess I'll stay earthbound for a while longer, just hanging out and :XX: :XX: :XX:

Mary :D

MaggieL
07-28-2005, 07:46 PM
Pink aluminum.

KellyK
07-28-2005, 07:53 PM

OMG that last part hits my nail right on my head (which I would LOSE if it werent attached, by the way!)

MaggieL
07-28-2005, 07:58 PM
...Fun, free, and into everything....

Sounds just like you KK.

KellyK
07-28-2005, 07:59 PM
AWWW! :heart:

Vendie
07-28-2005, 09:10 PM
I'm interchangeable, no matter how I answer the questions :thinking:

...and here I thought it was just the ADD ;)

LisaD715
07-29-2005, 12:44 AM

lisa e
07-29-2005, 03:40 AM

How funny cuz its true.

foothills
07-29-2005, 07:25 AM

I'm such a cheap drunk....one glass of wine at Kelly's place and I would have giggled the knit away :roflhard: ....then slept the night away ;)

Joyce

meknitter
07-29-2005, 09:26 AM
You are bamboo. Warm, cozy, and thoughtful, you take your time and enjoy how things feel, smell, and taste. You love the craft and beauty of traditional things, and you value the comfort and experience of knitting as much as the results. But while you are reveling in your warm cozies, don't get stuck. Warm is wonderful, but so is the whole wide world!

JLC
07-29-2005, 09:44 AM
Pink Aluminum

carollovesyarn
07-29-2005, 07:09 PM
I am interchangeable. hmmmm.... well, I have been known to be very flexible...and I don't mean physically.

Tho I am that too.

ekgheiy
07-29-2005, 07:22 PM
Interchangeables here! :mrgreen:

"You are interchangeable. Fun, free, and into everything, you've got every eventuality covered and every opportunity just has to be taken. Every fiber is wonderful, and every day is a new beginning. You are good at so many things, it's amazing, but you can easily lose your place and forget to show up. They have row counters for people like you!"

snephenie
07-29-2005, 08:29 PM

Hildegard_von_Knittin
07-29-2005, 08:42 PM
Bamboo:

You are bamboo. Warm, cozy, and thoughtful, you take your time and enjoy how things feel, smell, and taste. You love the craft and beauty of traditional things, and you value the comfort and experience of knitting as much as the results. But while you are reveling in your warm cozies, don't get stuck. Warm is wonderful, but so is the whole wide world

punkhippiemom
07-29-2005, 09:13 PM
:cheering: Nice to have a couple more "bamboos" join the club!!

feministmama
07-30-2005, 11:38 AM
http://images.quizilla.com/L/larissmix/1077236177_inter.jpg
You are interchangeable.
Fun, free, and into everything, you've got every
eventuality covered and every opportunity just
has to be taken. Every fiber is wonderful, and
every day is a new beginning. You are good at
so many things, it's amazing, but you can
easily lose your place and forget to show up.
They have row counters for people like you!

<font size="-1">What kind of knitting needles are you?</font> (http://quizilla.com/users/larissmix/quizzes/What%20kind%20of%20knitting%20needles%20are%20you% 3F/)
<font size="-3">brought to you by Quizilla (http://quizilla.com)</font>

Interchangable with acrylic yarn. Hmmmm....Flexible yet practical?

feministmama
07-30-2005, 11:39 AM
Ah! Why did it post all that code stuff??? Whatever........

Contiknitter Kelly
07-30-2005, 12:19 PM
Im plastic. :waving:
:thinking: I think it might have been my area 54 answer.
Doesn't really seem like me but.... yah, whatever :lol:

benniesma
07-31-2005, 03:50 PM
Add another BAMBOO to the group! That was totally me!

foldedbird
07-31-2005, 09:22 PM
Lots of diversity...cool. Pink Alum gals, hold strong...don't let them assimilate you!

koolbreeze
07-31-2005, 10:30 PM
You are interchangeable. Fun, free, and into everything, you've got every eventuality covered and every opportunity just has to be taken. Every fiber is wonderful, and every day is a new beginning.
You are good at so many things, it's amazing, but you can easily lose your place and forget to show up. They have row counters for people like you!

:shock: 1st. part not me i am so a home body

but the second part fits! :cheering: