PDA

View Full Version : knitting purists beware...(crochet question)

caviar
07-28-2005, 09:38 PM
Does anyone know of a crochet site with videos like KH has? I'd just like to know how to do some basic stitches for finishing and stuff. Thanks,

Kirstin

Ingrid
07-28-2005, 09:44 PM
Try this. www.crochet.about.com/library/weekly/aabyb123101.htm

Its ok. I averted my eyes. :P

rebecca
07-28-2005, 11:09 PM
I'm glad that you posted that. I have had a 'Learn to Crochet' kit like the one that my husband got my last year for knitting. BUT when I was trying to learn to crochet I was too busy thinking about all of the things that I could be knitting and didn't get far at all...lol :lol:
I bookmarked it so that should I want to try again (I'm sure that I will) I will have a place to look :thumbsup:

Julie
07-28-2005, 11:41 PM
I searched before and found stitchguide, which people here have recommended as well, but the videos are so short, they work sooo fast, and there is no narration. :shock: I finally just got the Coats & Clark "Crochet Made Easy" CD at Hobby Lobby for like $5. The videos seem to be much better....though I have only watched a few because I can't seem to put down my knitting. :D

(I really do want to learn, though -- just because so many knitting patterns call for crocheting too.)

misstialouise
07-28-2005, 11:55 PM
I'm a bit of a crocheter.....

Might be something I can look into doing... :D

kemp
07-29-2005, 07:48 AM
A friend I taught to crochet a little while ago really likes crochetcabana.com and http://www.stitchguide.com/ has videos

rebecca
07-29-2005, 11:00 AM
:heart: :heart: stitchguide, reference it all of the time ;)
Now I'm going to have a look at the cabana....

caviar
07-31-2005, 04:37 PM
Thanks all for the suggestions. Funny; I had used stitchguide to re-learn how to knit originally, until a friend suggested this brand new site called knittinghelp.com. ;) You've come a long way baby! Anyway, I totally forgot they had crochet on there, so thanks!

Kirstin