PDA

View Full Version : New KnitPicks Catalog

rebecca
08-01-2005, 01:50 PM
:waving: hello one & all!! I just got an email from Kelley at KP and found out that the new catalogs are coming out next week, starting on the east coast and headed west :cheering: :cheering: I'm so excited for a number of reasons :D . There are going to be some new & exciting things...so keep an eye on your mailboxes. You will be just as EXCITED as I !!!

koolbreeze
08-01-2005, 01:53 PM
and how do we get one of these catologs in our mailbox??? for the few who don't have a clue... mainly me! :cheering:

rebecca
08-01-2005, 01:56 PM
Oh, you have to request that they send you a catalog at their website www.knitpicks.com and keep an eye on the website...chances are these new happenings will be appearing there soon :D

koolbreeze
08-01-2005, 02:04 PM
thanks! :thumbsup:

rebecca
08-02-2005, 12:18 PM
You are welcome, Koolbreeze!!
Okay, okay....you guys are not even gonna take my bait and ASK what the new surprises are?!....I'm SO disappointed...I was really looking forward to playing with your wanting to know a bit before I gave up the info...but if you don't want to play...then I'm not gonna tell :P .....

brendajos
08-02-2005, 12:31 PM
are you kiddin' ....you have been toying with us for weeeeeeeeeeeks on this and won't tell. why would we think this would be any different...sheeeeeeeeesh! :wall:

besides...unless it involves lime green WOTA i don't care...lol :rofling:

Ellen Edwards
08-02-2005, 12:36 PM
Come on, rebecca!! GIVE!! What do you know that we don't?? Have you got a pattern in there...huh, do ya, huh?????? :shock:

Give up your secret, Girl!! :cheering:

Silver
08-02-2005, 12:47 PM
I'm waiting to be surprised by my catalog!

(But if it's not that great, I'm coming after you Rebecca!) :roflhard:

brendajos
08-02-2005, 12:55 PM

:roflhard: :roflhard:

does that include if there is no Lime Green WOTA? :D

rebecca
08-02-2005, 02:18 PM
Kelley just emailed me yesterday and told me about the new stuff...I have NOT been holding out...but...I did want to toy with ya for a bit after I found out :devil: ...I'm entitled to some fun, right?!
Gosh...I posted the beginning of the info as soon as I read her email :rollseyes:

rebecca
08-02-2005, 02:21 PM
I'm waiting to be surprised by my catalog!

FYI, Silver, I am on crutches...so I'll be an easy catch :help: ...LOL :roflhard: :roflhard:

brendajos
08-02-2005, 02:28 PM
Kelley just emailed me yesterday and told me about the new stuff...I have NOT been holding out...but...I did want to toy with ya for a bit after I found out :devil: ...I'm entitled to some fun, right?!
Gosh...I posted the beginning of the info as soon as I read her email :rollseyes:

lol...yeah well i still don't care if it doesn't include Lime green WOTA....though i WILL care if i go find some lambs pride in lime green this week and buy it only to find it cheaper in Knitpicks!!

hrmm....if there is new stuff in a catalog coming out shouldn't it be online by now then too? may have to do some investigating!

btw...it isn't nice to chase people on crutches...sheesh! ;)

can you tell i am practicing avoidance of the pile of work sitting on my desk by carrying on a conversation virtually with myself? :hiding:

rebecca
08-02-2005, 02:32 PM
Okay...I will give up what I know.... :rollseyes:

rebecca
08-02-2005, 02:33 PM
If ya'll are very, very nice and offer bribes of many, many American dollars ;)

rebecca
08-02-2005, 03:13 PM
:crying: sniff, sniff...I'm so very, very :( sad...I've not gotten my bribe offer for many American dollars...3 American dollars....that's all that I ask...just the offer..sniff, sniff.... :crying:

Rennagayle
08-02-2005, 03:35 PM
I have to leave soon to go grocery shopping at the dreaded War-Mart, I mean Wal-Mart. :rollseyes:

How will I concentrate on my shopping, knowing you're about to reveal a big secret. Come ON! :pray:

brendajos
08-02-2005, 03:55 PM
HEY! You can have my crushed velvet-dogs playing poker-target gift card that i just got for information!

once i am done using it of course! :angelgrin:

rebecca
08-02-2005, 03:59 PM
Your WalMart only opens 2 out of its 37 check out lines, too?!
Okay, it's no biggie...well, it is to ME, because it's what I've been wishing for!!
I don't know the colors...but there will be 12 NEW WOTA COLORS :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: I'M SO EXCITED I COULD... :happydance: :happydance: and there are 6 new Andean Silk colors :cheering: :cheering: and it's my understanding that the new bulky yarns will appear in this catalog...I bet they will come out in next Monday's email ...I don't know, but yesterday's email was about the yarn that's been on sale this summer.
And....catalogs ship Aug 8, Monday, so I bet everything will be on the web on Monday :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:
:blush: I now feel badly for 'playing' with ya'll with my little bit of KP info... :blush: sorry....sort of :roflhard: :roflhard:

rebecca
08-02-2005, 04:03 PM
Come on, rebecca!! GIVE!! What do you know that we don't?? Have you got a pattern in there...huh, do ya, huh?????? :shock:

Give up your secret, Girl!! :cheering:

My :blush: apologies, Ellen, I just saw your post. It's my understanding that the pattern will be in the catalog; I know that the socks are because one of my friends at KP said she would send me a couple of extra catalogs (to put away with the Teen People my Shannon was in & stuff like that...to show the grandkids and say...remember when ;) ); I'm guessing the pattern will be there, as well...or maybe not because it can be downloaded at the site.

brendajos
08-02-2005, 04:15 PM
yeah for new colors!!!! hopefully bright and obnoxious cuz i wanna do some more bag makin'! ;)

thanksssssssssssss for spillin' Rebecca!!! :happydance:

rebecca
08-02-2005, 04:16 PM
You are every so welcome :notworthy: ; happy to have been of service ;)

Rennagayle
08-02-2005, 06:07 PM
Thanks, Rebecca! :D I can hardly wait to see the new WOTA colors. :cheering:

Silver
08-02-2005, 06:12 PM
*praying for WHITE*
:pray:

koolbreeze
08-02-2005, 06:37 PM
how come nobody likes Walmart? i :heart: Walmart! ours have theself checkout lanes.

brendajos
08-02-2005, 06:39 PM
how come nobody likes Walmart? i :heart: Walmart! ours have theself checkout lanes.

ummm...because they are the spawn of satan?

rebecca
08-02-2005, 06:43 PM
Oh...I'm hoping the WOTA are colors like the Merino Style :D
And I can't wait for the bulky...I believe that there are 5 different kinds of bulky yarn...yummy...I've got just the projects in mind for bulky...I need to be knitting faster, faster...get done what I need to do so I can do new stuff ;)
I'm also hoping for your white, Silver! And your 'brights' bren, I don't know if I can hope for the obnoxious part, tho...lol!!
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: NEW WOTA COLORS :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: make me a happy, happy :XX: girl ;)
Oh yeah...I'm kind of :blush: excited/nervous/excited/scared about my socks being in the catalog!!....Now, these are very, very weird feelings!! But I think, mostly exciting; I think

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-02-2005, 09:37 PM
Leave it to Rebecca to diffuse a walmart war with happiness and emoticons :-)

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-02-2005, 09:50 PM
Rebecca, i will give you eleventyplex BILLION dollars if you tell me the secrets right now!!!!!!!!!

KellyK
08-02-2005, 10:19 PM
OH MAN! I may have to revise my christmas clog color list!!! :cheering:

The short-n-sweet reason most folks hate Walmart, Kool, is because they come into small towns and put little mom-and-pop individually-owned stores out of business because there is NO WAY they can compete. Also, those self-checkout lanes take jobs away from people who need them.

rebecca
08-02-2005, 10:37 PM
:happydance :happydance: :happydance: : :XX: HAPPY KNITTING :D HAPPY KNITTING :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:
NO WARS ALLOWED ZONE

I am far too busy being VERY HAPPY about out new colors and bulky yarn :D .....so happy, happy, happy :D :XX: :XX: :XX:

Hey, my sweet husband just ordered a knitting book for my that Kelley (knitpicks kelley) advised me to get as she helps me with knitting sweaters :cheering: :cheering: ..but, my plan is the sweater knitting target date is AFTER Christmas...far too many things to do to start with sweaters...but I'm very excited...NEW BOOK for sweaters with NEW WOTA colors :cheering: :cheering:

rebecca
08-02-2005, 10:41 PM
Hilde...I forgot to ask, especially since you are a teacher, etc...how many zeros are there in eleventyplex BILLION dollars :shock: ? All I wanted was maybe 2 to 4 American dollars for a bribe, you don't have to break your piggie bank for all of that money, k?!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-02-2005, 10:43 PM
DAMMIT! and of course i already bought yarn for my billion clogs!

BinkyKat
08-02-2005, 10:45 PM
I just got a Knit Picks catalog... ok, i guess two weeks ago... I wonder if that was just to catch me up on the catalogs. now i'll go crazy looking to see if i'll get a new one.

we have 2 walmarts, one just super sized... now i dislike it on a larger level. :shock:
there are things i'll go to get if i have too, but the parking lot is a zoo, the place is always too busy, disorganized, and i think the two poeple working at rebecca's walmart need to get back and work at ours... the line is getting long! LOL
i like target... :thumbsup:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-02-2005, 10:52 PM
yeah the geniuses who built out walmart put in ONE entrance. I can't wait to see what the road (and yes THE ROAD in dixon THE ROAD) is going to be like at Christmas.

brendajos
08-02-2005, 11:47 PM
OH MAN! I may have to revise my christmas clog color list!!! :cheering:

The short-n-sweet reason most folks hate Walmart, Kool, is because they come into small towns and put little mom-and-pop individually-owned stores out of business because there is NO WAY they can compete. Also, those self-checkout lanes take jobs away from people who need them.

yup and they force their employees into part time hours, don't pay them enough wages, and refuse them benefits. they illegally block unions, they put their employees through "union is bad" brainwashing (don't get me wrong, i am not 100% in favor of unions but they do manage to keep those of us who aren't in unions from basically working under sweatshop conditions), and they close down any stores that look like they may be about to let in a union. They still buy clothes from sweatshops and cover it by saying "Made in America" on the clothes. How do they do this? The clothes are made in US protectorates where it is NOT illegal to have sweatshops. And yes...our current government passed laws making it legal to have these sweatshops under our thumb (and worse by the way...yup...there are worse things that making a small child sew the clothes we are wearing! :crying: ) and cover it by saying "Made in America." Walmart isn't the only offender in this but you have to wonder how everything is so cheap. The employees we see aren't the only ones who are being treated badly by the Walmart company.

*stepping down from soap box for the evening*

rebecca
08-03-2005, 12:02 AM
BinkyKat....the new catalog will ship on Aug 8 (next Mon) and start arriving on the east coast first and travel west. It may very well be that the new colors, yarn, etc. may appear on the website and/or in next monday's email ;)

rebecca
08-04-2005, 12:32 PM
:D Hey Everybody....I was just over at the KnitPicks site and I was not able to access 'yarn' and other places on the site....think that they are updating...so check in from time to time; new colors :inlove: might start showing up :D ! :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering:

Rennagayle
08-04-2005, 12:42 PM
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. :drooling:

brendajos
08-04-2005, 12:50 PM
:crying: i got all excited and went running over there...i got into yarn with no problem at all...i think they are toying with us now too! mean mean mean i tell ya! ;)

oh and there was nothing new either...yet....

*paces in front of knitpicks site waiting waiting waiting* :verysad:

rebecca
08-04-2005, 01:03 PM
:crying: I just did the same thing...... :blush: my bad....the only reason that I thought that the new colors may be appearing is bc that is EXACTLY the way the website was doing the nite my socks & another pair (I wasn't concerned with them, they are VERY nice...but I didn't take pictures of those...lol!) were being put on the site...........therefore, it led me to believe we were about to see new :happydance: :happydance: COLORS of WOTA and Andean and who knows what else :inlove: ?!
Ahhh....but, we do KNOW that they are coming :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

brendajos
08-04-2005, 01:15 PM
yup yup...meanwhile i keep pacing...

okay not really...actually looking for a good quick hat pattern (which is not the same as working according to my boss!...what does he know?) but i do check frequently to see if something has changed over there...lol

i do think that today was the first time i took a good look at the merino style yarn...WHY can't they have WOTA in THOSE colors....wow!

rebecca
08-04-2005, 02:05 PM
That's what I said!! I'm hoping WOTA is gonna have merino colors!! Although...I :heart: :heart: the merino, honey....soft...yummy ;)
BUT....I, too, wish for WOTA colors to be as the merino, this is my wish...we shall soon see :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Julie
08-05-2005, 10:31 AM
Did anyone else notice...there are new WOTA pictures up, but only for the existing colors. The suspense is killing me! ;)

brendajos
08-05-2005, 10:43 AM
:verysad: :verysad: :verysad: :verysad:

after all the yarn i bought yesterday you would think i could quit pacing!

KellyK
08-05-2005, 11:09 AM
I wish they'd hurry....I wanna edit my Christmas list!!

rebecca
08-05-2005, 01:46 PM
Did anyone else notice...there are new WOTA pictures up, but only for the existing colors. The suspense is killing me! ;)

are you referring to the light blue with the new wrapper? It's been there a while...I saw it about 10 days ago and FLIPPED...but only the regular colors! But, I've been told they are already using this new packaging and the skeins are much looser.

brendajos
08-05-2005, 01:52 PM
nah the swatch pictures look a little more 3-D...well as 3-D as they can on a computer.

it is actually freakin' out my eyes a little bit cuz i have stared so long at the other pictures these just look foreign.

KellyK
08-05-2005, 05:01 PM
I've been told they are already using this new packaging and the skeins are much looser.

Yes they are. I like the new winding technique MUCH better. :thumbsup:

rebecca
08-05-2005, 09:44 PM
NEW YARN AND COLORS ARE OUT!!!!!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

amp926
08-05-2005, 09:44 PM
They are there :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

EVERY ONE GO TO KNITPICKS NOW!!!!!! :cheering: :cheering: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: