PDA

View Full Version : Lookie lookie!

Ingrid
08-02-2005, 10:44 AM
www.needlebeetle.com/lace/swallow.htm

It's on order, yarn's on order. I can't wait!

Stonington
08-02-2005, 10:52 AM
:notworthy: wow! That is Beautiful.. can't wait to see it finished!

foothills
08-02-2005, 10:59 AM
The shawl is beautiful Ingrid...what type yarn will you use for it?

Ingrid
08-02-2005, 11:10 AM
I ordered some lavendar cotton this morning from Elann. I honestly don't remember which one :oops: The order confirmation will be on my home computer.

I had some yarn that I thought would be good for this--baby alpaca/cashmere, but I don't have enough and elann doesn't have it anymore.

foothills
08-02-2005, 11:29 AM
I'm sure it will be beautiful!

rebecca
08-02-2005, 12:00 PM
OMGosh, Ingrid...that shawl is :shock: STUNNING!! I can't wait to see it!! Oh, I know that you are excited :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: !!

Ingrid
08-02-2005, 12:04 PM
I think I'm going to have to have a sound-proof booth installed to do it! :shock: I'm anxious to see the pattern, maybe it won't be too complicated. Definitely a lifeline every two rows, though. I'm going to make it for my eldest. So she'll be getting felted clogs and this shawl. Two ends of the spectrum!

rebecca
08-02-2005, 12:22 PM
Well....your eldest...is one lucky girl, I say!!
Yeah, I would say you will need a lifeline or 1003 or so...I would HATE to :frog: any of that!!

foothills
08-02-2005, 02:41 PM
I wish my Mom was a knitter ;)

Ingrid
08-02-2005, 03:25 PM

Actually, she is a knitter, but I have to stay one step ahead of her! She's got the PhD. I have to be better than her at something!

rebecca
08-02-2005, 03:36 PM
Ok, I realize that I was away from here for a couple of months...now I must catch up...Ingrid, who is Foothills and her mom to you...are you guys related, friends...what's the connection?!
And :shock: WOW...I still can't get over that shawl!!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-02-2005, 03:36 PM
WOW that is gorgeous. I wish I had the confidence to try it!!! (i know, trust the pattern yadda yadda).

Ingrid
08-02-2005, 03:45 PM
Ok, I realize that I was away from here for a couple of months...now I must catch up...Ingrid, who is Foothills and her mom to you...are you guys related, friends...what's the connection?!
And :shock: WOW...I still can't get over that shawl!!

Clarification--I said I was going to make it for my daughter (I know I won't wear it) and Foothills said she wished her mom knitted. My daughter does knit, but I'm making this to stay on top of the game. :D

I am aware, however, that Andy Griffith lived in Mt. Airy and based Mayberry on that town.

Silver
08-02-2005, 03:47 PM
That is gorgeous. I bet it would be stunning in a laceweight mohair or silk blend. :thinking:

Hmmm... I have a bunch of Lornas Laces wool and silk blend! :drooling:

rebecca
08-02-2005, 04:10 PM

Actually, she is a knitter, but I have to stay one step ahead of her! She's got the PhD. I have to be better than her at something!

My apologies :blush: ; this made me think that you all were related and foothill's mom is a phd and you were trying stay one step ahead of her!!
LOL...oops :oops:

Ingrid
08-02-2005, 04:13 PM
Looking back, I can totally see where you got that! ;)

Silver
08-02-2005, 04:15 PM
I just ordered it from elann. Thanks for posting Ingrid!

rebecca
08-02-2005, 04:15 PM
okay, good....because I thought that I was really as confused as I thought I was :roflhard: :roflhard: Thank you for allowing me to regain my sanity, if only briefly :thumbsup:

KellyK
08-02-2005, 06:58 PM
OOOH! Ingrid and Silver are gonna have a KNIT-OFF!!! :cheering:

That is one GAWGEOUS pattern! Ill be very interested to see how it looks in different yarns.

Silver
08-02-2005, 07:04 PM
OOOH! Ingrid and Silver are gonna have a KNIT-OFF!!! :cheering:

That is one GAWGEOUS pattern! Ill be very interested to see how it looks in different yarns.
No tellin' when I'll get to it though. I have THREE babies to knit for! :cheering:
I LOOOOOVE knitting for babies. And I love babies! LOL

ekgheiy
08-02-2005, 09:56 PM
It's on order, yarn's on order. I can't wait! Dudette!! You have GOT to start a kal on that one when you start it!!! :shock: Stunning, simply stunning!

Ingrid
08-02-2005, 10:14 PM
It's on order, yarn's on order. I can't wait! Dudette!! You have GOT to start a kal on that one when you start it!!! :shock: Stunning, simply stunning!

Actually, I think I'm in love. :inlove:

Ingrid
08-02-2005, 10:18 PM
WOW that is gorgeous. I wish I had the confidence to try it!!! (i know, trust the pattern yadda yadda).

I added another signature line after I read this, I hope ya know!

kemp
08-03-2005, 11:45 AM
I can't believe you'd give that away! I think I'd be way too attached after all that work.

Ingrid
08-03-2005, 11:48 AM
I can't believe you'd give that away! I think I'd be way too attached after all that work.

The thing is that I know I would never wear it. Ever. Shawls are just not me. My daughter, however, will love it. I just want to try making it and have the pleasure of giving it to her.

If, however, it is unbelievably gorgeous, maybe I'll make a smaller version as a wall hanging or something.

Ingrid
08-08-2005, 04:07 PM
:happydance: I got my pattern today! :happydance:

It really doesn't look hard at all. Just the basic stitches you'd expect in a pattern like this together with lots of straightforward knitting and purling, and the back is all purled. I think I'm more worried about the crocheted edging, but I'll face that when I get to it.

I got yarn from elann which I thought was the same weight, but it is lighter. I played with a swatch on Saturday and in order to get gauge without it being really loose, I'll need to double the yarn. It had a nice body to it that way, too. Luckily I have enough, because I'm ridiculous when it comes to yarn buying.

Unfortunately, I'm also inattentive since I ordered the wrong color the first time around. It's a lovely pink ( pushed the wrong button I guess) so I'll keep it, but I want to do this in the lavendar. Maybe I'll do the pink too, if it's as straitforward as I think it tis.

mshelton
08-08-2005, 06:24 PM
Wow!! that's really a beautiful shawl!!!! Maybe one of these days, I'll be good enough to knit such. Meanwhile onward to my many projects. Thanks Ingrid for all of your help!

Ingrid
08-08-2005, 07:46 PM
I just couldn't resist. I started it with the pink just to see how it looks with the two yarns together. It's too early to tell. I have to wait for the pattern to 'emerge' more, but I'm thinking that two strands might not work out. I'll cross my fingers. . . well, my toes, anyway--my fingers are busy!

Silver
08-08-2005, 08:02 PM
Keep us posted with pics Ingrid!! :cheering:

When I start mine, (WHEN I get around to it!) I'll post pics too. I'm doing mine with a lace weight yarn. It's Lorna's Laces "Helen's Lace" in Somerset. :D

Ingrid
08-08-2005, 09:39 PM
That is gorgeous yarn. It will look stunning in that. If it weren't for all the p2togtbls, it would be a rather fast knit.

Still waiting on my camera though. :verysad: