PDA

View Full Version : I NEED A DOG SWEATER!!!!

Nuno930
08-02-2005, 02:24 PM
Because I just added a new family member (http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=4757568&adTarget=&SessionID=42efb8e8068839dd-app5&display=&preview=1&row=0&tmpl=&stat=) I am so darn excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish you knew! :balloons:

But... I have to wait 2 weeks to pick her up :(

rebecca
08-02-2005, 02:28 PM
YOU GOT YOUR CHINESE CRESTED?!....When?! I was not aware of the arrival, I remember you saying that you wanted one!!
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:
I'm so very, very :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: HAPPY :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: for you :D ! That's very exciting!

NiK, you may like THIS (http://www.cs.oswego.edu/%7Eebozak/knit/esb-patterns/dog-sweater.html)

Nuno930
08-02-2005, 02:32 PM
We *just* got word that were were approved! Like 20 seconds before I posted this. She is 4 hours away from us and this weekend my husband has guard so we have to wait until the 13th to pick her up :( I want her NOW!

Ingrid
08-02-2005, 02:34 PM
From the pic, it looks like she's already dressed! Congrats! I knew you were really hoping for this. Enjoy her. :D

Silver
08-02-2005, 02:35 PM
Congratulations on your new family member!! Chinese Cresteds are soooo cool looking! :)

Here's another pattern for a custom fit dog sweater (http://www.thedietdiary.com/). (click on "dog sweater")
Or... Kelly knit one for Howie, right? Oh KELLYYYYYYYY

foothills
08-02-2005, 02:38 PM
Congratulations :cheering: on your new family member!!

KK may be in hiding because we were picking on her in another thread...we were just teasing KK...we :heart: you!!

Joyce

Nuno930
08-02-2005, 02:42 PM
In all actuality... I'll probably end up just buying some for her. A lot of crested are allergic to wool. :( I'll have to wiat and see if she is one of them. I just told my cocker spaniel... she looked quite annoyed :roflhard:

Nuno930
08-02-2005, 02:43 PM
Look at me... I am so excited I can't even type :rollseyes:

rebecca
08-02-2005, 02:44 PM
Silver, I didn't get anything from your dog sweater post :( ...is it you or me? I have a mini doxie, so I must custom fit, too ;) ....she HATES fittings...lol!!

rebecca
08-02-2005, 02:47 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :happydance: :happydance: I KNOW that you are so very, very EXCITED, as much as you wanted her and, as you know, our pets are family members....you should see my big 6'3" husband with this little 10 lb doxie :roflhard: :roflhard: ...we :inlove: our babies :D
EDIT....I decided to SHOW you Lonnie with Sally, you can find them here (http://photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/) :D

Silver
08-02-2005, 03:00 PM
Silver, I didn't get anything from your dog sweater post :( ...is it you or me? I have a mini doxie, so I must custom fit, too ;) ....she HATES fittings...lol!!
I fixed it. :)

Nuno930
08-02-2005, 03:07 PM
So here now is my dilemma... I hate her current name. But she is 10. But I just don't feel that I could live with that name. But, she is 10 :rollseyes:

rebecca
08-02-2005, 03:09 PM
What is the name?!...is it Gomer or something?!...you won't hurt my feelings if it's Sally...lol

Nuno930
08-02-2005, 03:14 PM
No, it is Betty. Which just reminds me of Betty White. I don't really like "people" names for dogs (well I don't like cutsie names either)... but I do tend to name animals (and children) something very meaningful to me.

rebecca
08-02-2005, 03:20 PM
What name do you have in mind? You CAN teach old dogs new tricks, u know. And, who knows...she may associate her rescue and new home and her new people with a new name?!

Nuno930
08-02-2005, 03:42 PM
Let's see -- so far I have:

Rory, Linda Lou, Eowyn, Zep, Titania.

Ingrid
08-02-2005, 03:48 PM
Start by calling her Betty (something), then eventually eliminate the Betty.
I think of Betty Rubble and Boop.

rebecca
08-02-2005, 03:53 PM
I think she looks like 'Linda Lou' :D
Like my dh thought Sally looked like a 'Sally Mae'

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-02-2005, 03:59 PM
Well the pic of her on her hind legs is HILARIOUS!!!!! You need to knit her a little purse she can hang on to, too!!

rebecca
08-02-2005, 04:14 PM
Well the pic of her on her hind legs is HILARIOUS!!!!! You need to knit her a little purse she can hang on to, too!!
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:
I can see my Sally with a 'dog purse' now; carrying her doggie nail polish, YipYap breath strips for dogs (like the people ones) and her treats...all of a girl dog's 'must haves' :rofling: :roflhard:

Nuno930
08-03-2005, 09:08 AM
I need to be stopped. Since I have permission to dress this dog up I am going a little crazy :shock: (DH wouldn't let me dress up my other dog! meanie head) I also got them matching spiked collars... how funny is that? a little 9lb dog with a spiked collar?

We are fighting about the name thing... he said I should just keep it. I think she looks like a Kashmir.

Ingrid
08-03-2005, 09:38 AM
I think a sweater with a skull and cross-bones would be good! :D

KellyK
08-03-2005, 09:45 AM
OMG how did I miss this thread?!?!?! :shock:

CONGRATS, Nik!!!! Betty's ADORABLE!!

(MHO...I think you should keep her name. She's been Betty for almost 10 years. And, it suits her.)

I was never very successful with the dog sweater search.....well, I was successful at finding dog sweaters, but none that actually fit Howie. There was a whole thread about it (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4544&highlight=chihuahua#4544)when I WAS looking...

Also, the August KAL (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2948)is pet-themed. There are a BUNCH of pet knitting links there...

Rennagayle
08-03-2005, 10:07 AM
We adopted an orphaned CockaPoo when she was about 6 or 8 years old (unsure of her exact age even still, but she's older than dirt now). Her name was/is Sally, which we all like, but she looked like so much like a "Muppet", that my dd started calling her Sally Muppet. Pretty soon, we were all following suit. Gradually, we began calling her just "Muppet". Eventually, she became either Sally Muppet, Muppet, or Sally, depending on the mood of the caller. :D She has always come running to any of the names.

kemp
08-03-2005, 10:13 AM
Congrats! I am so glad you finally found a chinese crested...too bad you have to wait until the 13th, but it gives you a little more time to prepare for the new addition to the family!