PDA

View Full Version : OT - FINALLY in Florida!!!!!

LisaD715
08-03-2005, 12:01 AM
Wooo Hoooo!!!!!!! Finally got here today, only a day late, after some trouble with the truck. I would up coming down 95 and across 10, so Rebecca, I waved to ya, did you see me?!?!?!?!?

Tomorrow I can get settled into my new apartment, so I will be online at my house this week. I miss you guys!!!!! I have so much to catch up on, but will do so this week!!

:XX: :XX:

rebecca
08-03-2005, 12:05 AM
I was waving back....LOL! Thank God :pray: for your safe arrival!! Now, rest a bit because you have a lot of work ahead of you, I'm sure!! The important thing is that you are safe, albeit with truck trouble...FORGIVE ME...I meant to give you my phone # and you could have called if you were close when you had the trouble...or could have called anyway..duh!..I'm sorry I forgot....we'll talk ;)

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-03-2005, 12:10 AM
yay! glad you made it safe! Now, go unpack your knitting and start catching up!!

Silver
08-03-2005, 12:18 AM
Wooo Hoooo!!!!!!! Finally got here today, only a day late, after some trouble with the truck. I would up coming down 95 and across 10, so Rebecca, I waved to ya, did you see me?!?!?!?!?
Um. I don't think I saw you waving to meeeee! The I-10/I-95 interchange is only about 30 miles from here. Hmmph.

Glad you made it safely though! :)

LisaD715
08-03-2005, 12:41 AM
I waved, Silver, I PROMISE!!!!!!

Hilde, I put the knitting in the car so it could be taken out when I needed to unwind. Was working on yet another dish cloth this evening. (Gotta wash dishes, so I guess I gotta make them.)

I was in NC and the windshield wipers stopped working. I had stopped to visit with my "othermother" for a bit and was getting back on the road and lots of rain and no way to clear my windshield. I was stranded for over 4 hours....I was not a happy camper. This particular truck rental company is NOT on my good list at the moment.....we will see tomorrow after I get ahold of them.

punkhippiemom
08-03-2005, 01:00 AM
Congratulations! :cheering:
Having driven the stretch of I-95 between Philly and Sarasota more times than I can count, I sympathize with you!! You can get a little numb in the posterior, that's for sure!!
Good luck w/ the new place and all! :thumbsup:

Silver
08-03-2005, 01:17 AM
I waved, Silver, I PROMISE!!!!!!
Good, cause I waved and waved. My arm is tired. :waving:

KellyK
08-03-2005, 07:50 AM
We MISSED you, Lisa! I cant wait to see pics of your new digs!

Edited later:
Lis, I just saw THIS DISHCLOTH PATTERN (http://www.knittingknonsense.com/illusion_awareness.html) and thought of you....VERY different!

kemp
08-03-2005, 10:31 AM
Glad you got there safely! How is the unpacking coming?

Joel
08-03-2005, 12:16 PM

Tomorrow I can get settled into my new apartment, so I will be online at my house this week. I miss you guys!!!!! I have so much to catch up on, but will do so this week!!

:XX: :XX:

YEA! Glad you made it safe Lisa.

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Yvonne
08-03-2005, 01:06 PM
Lisa, welcome to Florida!! :sunny:

I'm only about 300 or so miles south of you down in Charlotte County.

jodstr2
08-03-2005, 02:07 PM
glad you made it there safely. good luck and best wishes for this new phase of your life.
*hugs*

Aby
08-03-2005, 07:05 PM
Welcome to Florida, Lisa.. It's a great state to live in, most of the time.. even though I really want to leave it and move to KS.. but yeah.. welcome! :happydance:

LisaD715
08-06-2005, 11:12 PM
Thanks so much everyone!! I am tickled pink to be home! My parents and sisters have been such a HUGE help getting settled in.

The aptartment is nice, a little smaller than I hoped, but tons of storage space. I wish they would have replaced the carpet. I finally have my own bathroom!!!!! No sharing with the boys!!

I went on a job interview yesterday, and was hired on the spot!! First interview. I will be working with bankruptcy attorneys, handling the Chapter 13 cases. Decent money, benefits, and bonuses!! Mon - Fri, 8-5. I start Monday.

KellyK
08-06-2005, 11:15 PM
WOW!!!! Congratulations, Lisa!!! :cheering:

Joel
08-06-2005, 11:32 PM
Very Cool.... Congrats Lisa!!!!

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: