PDA

View Full Version : This just cracked me up.

Joel
08-03-2005, 12:13 PM
We've had several people on here who have talked about knitting while drinking and their "Experiences" caused by that combination. I was checking out the MenKnit site Kemp referred us to (in this thread) (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2579&highlight=) that worked this time and found this link. (http://www.cafepress.com/menknit.14835147)

kemp
08-03-2005, 01:37 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: I think I need that shirt! :thumbsup:

kemp
08-03-2005, 01:40 PM
Joel...I just went to the site again. Did you read about how their BB got hacked?? That stinks. Hope Amy is making some clean backups of all these thousands of posts.

Nuno930
08-03-2005, 01:41 PM
I should never be allowed access to Cafepress sites... I could spend hours looking there. I just bought this (http://www.cafepress.com/shop/games/browse/store/gamerwidow.25299489) shirt :rollseyes:

kemp
08-03-2005, 01:48 PM
I'm fond of THIS (http://www.cafepress.com/cp/browse/store/knitty.23564766) one.

Nuno930
08-03-2005, 01:52 PM
I have that one :oops:

Vendie
08-03-2005, 08:16 PM
I should never be allowed access to Cafepress sites... I could spend hours looking there. I just bought this (http://www.cafepress.com/shop/games/browse/store/gamerwidow.25299489) shirt :rollseyes:

I SOOOOO need the WoW widow shirt (DH is playing right now).

Nuno930
08-03-2005, 08:28 PM
Solidarity sista!

feministmama
08-04-2005, 02:09 AM
I SOOOOO need the WoW widow shirt (DH is playing right now).

I don't get it

kemp
08-04-2005, 07:39 AM
I didn't get it either until I saw the shirt at cafe press...I gather Widow is a xbox/computer/whatever game from EA.

Joel
08-04-2005, 10:49 AM
I'm fond of THIS (http://www.cafepress.com/cp/browse/store/knitty.23564766) one.

I have that one

:roflhard:

Joel...I just went to the site again. Did you read about how their BB got hacked?? That stinks. Hope Amy is making some clean backups of all these thousands of posts.

Actually, I did see that. It got hacked quite a while ago and they still haven't gotten it cleaned up.

tab
08-05-2005, 01:59 PM
I didn't get it either until I saw the shirt at cafe press...I gather Widow is a xbox/computer/whatever game from EA.
Actually, WoW stands for World of Warcraft, which is evidently a completely addicting (computer) game. Many a woman has lost her husband to that game, hence the shirt. I'd probably be lost myself, except my computer is much too slow to run any computer games with decent graphics. Heck, it even slows down when I try to play NES games.

suziehomemaker
08-05-2005, 02:06 PM
I thought WOW stood for Women Of Wrestling . . .

ekgheiy
08-05-2005, 03:29 PM
Yeah - I was bit lost on the "WoW" shirt; I thought it was just a tasteless joke about people being happy as widows :oops: :oops: BUT ... it's funny with the computer game war-ground as the backdrop!! Maybe if they put W.o.W. Widow it might be less initially jolting. :??

Nuno930
08-05-2005, 03:45 PM
Actually, WoW stands for World of Warcraft, which is evidently a completely addicting (computer) game. Many a woman has lost her husband to that game, hence the shirt. I'd probably be lost myself, except my computer is much too slow to run any computer games with decent graphics. Heck, it even slows down when I try to play NES games.

Itís electronic heroin

ekgheiy
08-05-2005, 03:51 PM
Itís electronic heroinBlast those elec'junkies!! :lol: (Well, I used to be one. But I've been clean and sober now for several years!)

kemp
08-06-2005, 10:26 AM
the only thing I ever got into for a while was the sims...a friend of mine had it and I played once with her. After about a month though I was already sick of it.

Vendie
08-06-2005, 10:29 AM
I thought WOW stood for Women Of Wrestling . . .

i think i like that better (dh might too).

Vendie
08-06-2005, 10:33 AM
My husband plays WoW with some friends from grad school (since we've all kinda scattered around the country). They've gone so far as to get TeamSpeak so they can talk to each other while playing (better than the chat function I guess). The guy he plays with the most often, his wife also knits, spins, etc. We're forming a support group.

Nuno930
08-06-2005, 10:55 AM
My husband plays WoW with some friends from grad school (since we've all kinda scattered around the country). They've gone so far as to get TeamSpeak so they can talk to each other while playing (better than the chat function I guess). The guy he plays with the most often, his wife also knits, spins, etc. We're forming a support group. My DH's guild all have teamspeak :rollseyes: as if it wern't annoying enough now I have to listen to all of them all night!

Rorshach
08-06-2005, 02:14 PM
Heh, I helped Test WoW, and to all who've lost their husbands to that addicting game, You're welcome. :roflhard: Seriously, it's almost as addicting to Evercrack, lost a couple of years of my life to that game, and almost lost my marriage. So I swore up and down, left to right, forward to(okay, you get the idea), not to ever hook myself back up to that type of game. So now I knit, which actually isn't a bad tradeoff, now that I'm actually doing something productive.

kemp
08-06-2005, 04:55 PM
At least one can still be social while knitting. Even reading a lot has that downside...not being able to interact while doing it.

Nuno930
08-06-2005, 05:06 PM
Seriously, it's almost as addicting to Evercrack, lost a couple of years of my life to that game, and almost lost my marriage Who are you kidding? It is the same game with a different name! Yeah, my husband played that game to... then WoW came out and the entire guild switched over :wall: As a mater of fact I finally get to see a friend of mine tonight that we have been trying to get together with for a good 6 months because her husband's computer broke down so we just had to rush overthere and fix it becaue the poor poor man has been WoWless for a week now *gasp* the horror! :roflhard:

kemp
08-06-2005, 05:10 PM
That just seems so wrong...although I do seem to get a little anxious when my internet connection is down :rollseyes: