PDA

View Full Version : pattern errors

Catherine
08-03-2005, 07:48 PM
this is my second attempt to post this -

I am ranting about errors in patterns. I can understand an error in a free pattern off the web, but when I pay for a pattern it should be correct. I am tired of seeing their disclaimer about not being responsible for pattern errors - why not. If they test recipes, why not patterns? If they are selling it, and making money from it, it should be accurate. The last several patterns I have made have had errors that have necessitated my ripping out a fair bit of work. And these were fairly simple patterns.

Ingrid
08-03-2005, 07:57 PM
I've heard that Vogue patterns are a pain that way. I don't think I've encountered any mistakes in patterns that I can recall. What type of patterns have you had a problem with? Good to know so we can avoid them.

Catherine
08-03-2005, 08:00 PM
The last 2 patterns I made were from the same company - I am refraining from mentioning them because I just fired them off an e-mail as well and will wait to see their response. They do have beautiful yarn!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-04-2005, 12:44 AM
well, maybe sure you tell us after you get your response!!! We don't want no stinkin messed up patterns!!!!