PDA

View Full Version : Yummy....

brendajos
08-04-2005, 11:29 PM
please don't drool on the yarn...

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/brendajos/Knitted%20Stuff/saleyarn.jpg

loookie at all the goodies that i got on sale today! though i must say, i got charged for more yarn than i bought so i have to go back tomorrow...and likely will spend more than they need to credit me for...lol

the one that amazes me the most is the one in front that looks gray. it is absolutely lavender in natural daylight. amazing to me!

i was talking to a friend on the phone on the way to the yarn store and told her i had called my p/t job and told them i was going to be late cuz i had to go to this sale. she laughed so hard she was nearly in tears cuz she said "you are the only person i know who plays hookie from work to go buy yarn!" :rofling: I got to work and my friend Blase said "i TOLD them you were out buying yarn!"...lol...whatta rat! ;)

BinkyKat
08-04-2005, 11:45 PM
:drooling: :heart: :drooling: :heart: :drooling: :heart: :drooling: :heart:
if only.... I would :heart: to be able to call in late due to an "acute attack of yarnalgia"
what is up with us huh? when i'm not gloating over the yarn i've got, i am thinking about the yarn i wanna get...sick sick sick... please don't cure me! :roflhard: :roflhard:

Ingrid
08-05-2005, 07:49 AM
Lovely, oh so lovely. I have to go wipe off the keyboard, now!

ekgheiy
08-05-2005, 07:52 AM
I'm green w/ envy! :heart:

KellyK
08-05-2005, 08:06 AM
Do you have projects in mind for all that yumminess, Bren? Or at least the gray/lavender schtuff??? Do tell!

ekgheiy
08-05-2005, 08:07 AM
I'm just so totally partial to the hanks... :drooling:

brendajos
08-05-2005, 08:49 AM
nope i generally wait until it tells me what it wants to be. :D i think the stuff on the left hand side will be various bags but i am not sure yet...other than that i don't have any plans for any of it yet.

dustinac
08-05-2005, 09:17 AM
Well Ya know B if ya get really tired waiting for it to speak to ya Roo would look awesome in a HAT made out of any of those colors :happydance:

brendajos
08-05-2005, 09:49 AM
mmhmmm...and i know PERFECTLY well that YOU know how to make one and would prolly do it better than me so fergit it!! ;) besides i have to get started on the LAST project i said i would partake in for you...sheeeeesh

:rofling:

koolbreeze
08-05-2005, 09:52 AM
i don't normally like green but that is a pretty green. that with the orange would be cute! :thumbsup:

dustinac
08-05-2005, 09:57 AM
mmhmmm...and i know PERFECTLY well that YOU know how to make one and would prolly do it better than me so fergit it!! ;) besides i have to get started on the LAST project i said i would partake in for you...sheeeeesh

:rofling:

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: I hope by this weekend to have that project done and the next one!! LOL better than ya I doubt that very much!!! ;)

feministmama
08-05-2005, 07:13 PM
:drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling:

rebecca
08-05-2005, 07:19 PM
Yummy, yummy!!! :cheering: :cheering: Nice score.
I would say that I was green with envy but my sweet dh bought me the only 5 skeins of this (http://www.knitpixie.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=863) left in the LYS in Charleston. And I am going to make.....this scarf (http://www.helloyarn.com/besottedcarf.htm) for him with .....these socks (http://www.colby.edu/personal/l/leosborn/anniversox.htm) to match because he bought the yarn for me on his birthday...so I will surprise him :inlove:

BUT....very, very impressive haul you have and I want to know what it's telling you to do with it as it makes up it's mind ;)

MaggieL
08-06-2005, 10:54 AM
Nice haul! :D

Contiknitter Kelly
08-06-2005, 01:06 PM
I :shock: NEED some of that yummy red,orangey, pinkish stuff...

P l e a s e, tell me the name when you get a chance!

rebecca
08-06-2005, 02:08 PM
Cont Knitter, are you referring to the ball in the middle and then another ovre to the left?!....bc I'm thinking that's very yummy, too :D

brendajos
08-06-2005, 03:57 PM
:D that is Davos from Tahiki yarns. i got some pink to go with it and the orange yesterday. don't know what pattern yet but i am thinkin' it is going to be a bag of some sort!

rebecca
08-06-2005, 04:35 PM
bren....u gonna have some fun, child......... ;)
Of course, don't we all with our yummy, yummy yarns?!

Contiknitter Kelly
08-06-2005, 04:49 PM
brendajos what have you done to me!? I've been searching and searching the net and can't find that one particular color.... this is the closest I came to http://www.tahkistacycharles.com/Yarns/yarns_detail.asp?CatID=1&ID=10&New=False&pg=11 They have the all red but I'm fond of the multicolored red. I'm gonna check the lys up the street. I've got it bad for that yarn...
resuming mission ..

brendajos
08-06-2005, 04:56 PM
well it is color number 1477. my yarn store that i went to is www.personalthreads.com. They may still have some available. when i got it they didn't have it in the computer and had to put it through as a special purchase (same for the blue multi-color)...i haven't been able to find it online anywhere either. i just checked though and it looks like they are closed...:( sorry i can't be of more help...

Contiknitter Kelly
08-06-2005, 05:27 PM
oh well, thanks for the heads up! I'll try them on Mon. So it's still not mission impossible then?
My lys didn't have it either. I 'bout walked out with 80 bucks worth of yarn though. I had to smack myself to put it down. But they had a 2 dollar sale of misc. leftovers and I did find a ball to finish my shawl. So it wasn't a complete let down.
Thanks

kemp
08-08-2005, 11:20 AM
All of the yarn is gorgeous! You made quite the haul. Nothing like some good stash enhancement :)