PDA

View Full Version : Love, love this shawl!!

rebecca
08-07-2005, 03:34 PM
OMGoodness....I am so very, very :D glad that I am behind on my knitting projects! Otherwise, I would have already knitted the wrap for which I have all of these skeins of WOTA in mist! As it is....I have found the :inlove: PERFECT lace wrap (http://vogueknitting.com/vkm/vkm.html) (#15) in Vogue's fall magazine!! It is beeeautiful!! Altho, the one in the mag. is done in 100% worsted wt cashmere...mine will be done in 100% WOTA :D ..........ahhhh, I :heart: :heart: it.
Thought I would share my find with my :XX: :XY: :X: buds ;)
EDIT oops :oops: ...The wrap didn't show up as intended...it's the green shawl; upper left in the 'invitation only shawls' section

BinkyKat
08-07-2005, 04:00 PM
OOOO bee-u-t full! :inlove:
I'm sure an eager gal like you will whip that puppy out in no time!

Now, I wonder... :?? Why do photographers always showcase such nice things where they can get dirty. Regardless of the yarn they used...you menitoned cashmere... why model it dragging in the wet sand? :shock:
Kinda like wedding dress photos on wet parking lot!
That's my rant.... :roflhard:

Can't wait to see your progress!! :thumbsup:

rebecca
08-07-2005, 04:09 PM
OOOO bee-u-t full! :inlove:
I'm sure an eager gal like you will whip that puppy out in no time!

Now, I wonder... :?? Why do photographers always showcase such nice things where they can get dirty. Regardless of the yarn they used...you menitoned cashmere... why model it dragging in the wet sand? :shock:
Kinda like wedding dress photos on wet parking lot!
That's my rant.... :roflhard:

Can't wait to see your progress!! :thumbsup:

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: It's just on my list...that means just that...it's on my list!!! LOL, I don't know what I'm going to do after I finish these things for my granddaughter; I mean other than taking some sock knitting time, natually. Because I have my book coming for sweaters; BUT....I really, really NEED a wrap for the fall ....you see my dilemma!?!
I'm just so very, very :cheering: :cheering: happy, happy that I've decided to just knit for Lonnie & myself...no :fingerwag: Christmas knitting :fingerwag: nope, none!! I'm knitting for US for once :D
I just don't think he will look exactly 'right' wearing this shawl, so that will be for me ;)

BinkyKat
08-07-2005, 06:43 PM
I'm just so very, very :cheering: :cheering: happy, happy that I've decided to just knit for Lonnie & myself...no :fingerwag: Christmas knitting :fingerwag: nope, none!! I'm knitting for US for once :D
I just don't think he will look exactly 'right' wearing this shawl, so that will be for me ;)

Well, maybe he'll look nice in your wrap.... they can be very "one size fits all" :roflhard: :roflhard:

rebecca
08-07-2005, 09:22 PM

Well, maybe he'll look nice in your wrap.... they can be very "one size fits all" :roflhard: :roflhard:

;) he'd look nice in :inlove: anything :D

BinkyKat
08-07-2005, 09:31 PM
:inlove: Ok then, perhaps JUST the wrap is in order then eh? mmrrrowrrrrr (i can't roll my rrrr's) :lol:

KellyK
08-08-2005, 12:30 AM
And maybe a Christmas bow? :eyebrow:

kemp
08-08-2005, 11:13 AM
I like everything on that page! I may have to start subscribing to that magazine.

rebecca
08-08-2005, 12:10 PM
I may have to subscribe, too....loved the spring/summer; love this one...just love, love....there's always at least 2 or 3 must haves in each issue ;)

rebecca
08-11-2005, 01:34 PM
Hi everyone!! IMPORTANT MESSAGE regarding the #15 Lace Wrap in the Fall Vogue. Lisa from Vogue emailed me with a correction to the pattern and asked that I pass it on. I don't know if any of you guys were considering knitting it...but...you need the corrections if you are :D ! The corrections are as follows:
LACE BORDER PATTERN
Row 6 K6, *yo, SK2P, yo, k7; rep from *, end last rep k5.

kemp
08-11-2005, 01:44 PM
Darn it, I hate when they do that! Especially with YO's a pattern mistake can make a pretty big difference that you might not necessarily be able to figure out.

Nuno930
08-11-2005, 01:46 PM
How is it that patterns can be published wrong :?? I mean I know no one is perfect... but don't a few people test the patter before being published?

rebecca
08-11-2005, 02:52 PM
You see it often, too! There are places on websites for 'errata'...so I'm guessing it's common. It could very well be a typo sort of thing, I'm thinking. :thinking: But...at least we were able to get the corrections pretty quick. I'm glad that I had not started, but a friend of mine over at KR was wondering why her gauge swatch wasn't right...she had gotten right on it, but she was glad she hadn't gotten into the pattern!...now that would really mess ya up!!