PDA

View Full Version : Crochet little purse

blueslady
08-07-2005, 08:25 PM
Hi everyone
I know this is all about knitting, but I just crochet this cute little purse my little granddaughter wanted me to make for her birthday, and I wanted to share a picture of it. I still have to line it. It's been too hot to knit larger things.

Ingrid
08-07-2005, 08:34 PM
She is going to flip!!

blueslady
08-07-2005, 08:39 PM
Hi Ingrid
Remember the purple fury one I made for her sister's cell phone? Well she loved it. I had a very small pc. of the fun fur yarn so I crochet it around just to give it a little something. I hope she likes it they are her favorite colors. Did you get your camera yet?

blueslady
08-07-2005, 08:41 PM
The I-cord takes forever doesn't it? but she needed something stronger then just a single crochet.

Ingrid
08-07-2005, 08:55 PM
There are tales of woe about i-cord around here!

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my camera. Then I need to figure out how to combine it and the computer. One step at a time, I guess, just like anything else.

When I saw the little purse, I thought of my youngest daughter. She would have loved it. My younger grandson told me that if I knit him a sweater covered with frogs he would wear it everyday and only take it off if he was to sweaty. I have a pattern on order with this on it. Everything else takes a back seat when I get it.

http://www.needlebeetle.com/intarsia/kidknits/tf.htm

I'll need to find something cool for the sleeves, and maybe some small frogs for accents. This is going to be fun and fast.

blueslady
08-07-2005, 09:11 PM
The purse is 5x6 inches. I just packed and ready to ship it out tomorrow.
The frog sweater is beautiful. It's easy since it's just a rectangular pattern, will go fast. I have seen diagrams for the frogs online, why did you buy the pattern? I have a prog that you scan the picture and it gives you the diagram or what ever you call it for cross stitching, maybe for knitting them too.

Ingrid
08-07-2005, 09:31 PM
I bought it because I'm a compulsive clicker. :rollseyes: I have books with charts of everything from tropical fish to medieval dragons to transylvanian patterns to flowers to birds, and more.

I saw, I liked, I wanted, I ordered. What can I tell ya. I have a program to make my own, too. Oh well. At least it doesn't have an i-cord!

blueslady
08-07-2005, 09:34 PM
Ouch that hurt. I was trying to be nice. And since I'm still nice. I'm sending you a site with a chart for a frog. Good nite

http://www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/motiffrog.htm

Ingrid
08-07-2005, 09:37 PM
Thanks, I'll use a row of them up the sleeve!

KellyK
08-07-2005, 10:04 PM
OH, BLUES!! That is TOO cute! What a little LADY she is gonna be!

And, no offense, but that frog in the chart looks a little "squished" to me...

INGRID...I LOVE LOVE LOVE that sweater! Not just ANY frog, but a TREE FROG!!

AND, if you want some "accessories" to go with that sweater, I will share with you one of my FAVORITE websites for animal-themed gear (http://www.whalesdirect.com/frogs/)!!!

Ingrid
08-07-2005, 10:06 PM
Oh, thank you, Kelly! Bookmarked for Christmas for sure. Frog slippers will be a big hit!

kemp
08-08-2005, 11:17 AM
That purse is soooooooo cute! I'm sure she will love it.

blueslady
08-08-2005, 04:07 PM
Thanks
I'm going to make a white one also. I wanted to start my second pair of clogs, but it's so darn hot to work with wool.